Quantcast
Nancyzak

Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) *** Current Drama: Welcome 2 Life 웰컴2라이프

*** Rain performed at one of Psy’s series shows (Summer Swag 2019) in Seoul last Saturday, August 10 singing How to Avoid the Sun. The audience are singing together with him.  :P

credit : @juryssi2016

*** Review clips of the past (4) episodes was broadcasted on August 10 at MBC PICK X 8.35 pm. It was also shown on MBC drama YouTube at 1 pm.  :P

*** RAIN posted this picture 2-days ago with a caption - "I want to have you ..." - This is sound equipment. I wonder if RAIN has an Entertainment Room in his house.  :P

*** RAIN posted this picture of food 2-days ago with a caption - "Hehehe" - Wow, so many of them. I'm hungry by just looking at them. Looks so delicious. I'm sure you enjoyed eating them.  :P

*** RAIN posted these slide of clips yesterday.  These were review clips of the past episodes, which was broadcasted on August 10 at MBC PICK X 8.35 pm. :P

OR

12 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi hnfragile, thanks for sharing this. So NICE to see you here. :P

Yes @willenette, it's so nice to finally be able to stop by after a long while ... am going to struggle to visit more often in August but hopefully I'll have more time towards the end of the year.

Rain Cloud Europe pointed me to this article. To me, Rain is very relevant as actor, singer and dancer :)
---------------------

Aug 12, 2019, 11:32am

Longtime Hallyu Star Rain Shines In Fantasy Drama 'Welcome 2 Life'

Joan MacDonald Contributor
Hollywood & Entertainment
I'm a journalist fascinated by Korean drama and film.

•  
Welcome 2 Life

Lim Ji Yeon and Jung Ji Hoon aka Rain play alternating sides of the same characters in the Korean fantasy drama 'Welcome 2 Life'

MBC

A whole decade before BTS made Hallyu history on the U.S. charts, with their record-breaking k-pop releases, another Korean singer made waves in the U.S. by winning a coveted MTV award for acting. That singer-dancer-actor was Jung Ji Hoon aka Bi Rain, who snagged the award for his second Hollywood film Ninja Assassin.

Rain personifies the entertainment label of being a “triple threat,” having released six Korean albums and one Japanese album, plus 28 singles. He is so popular in China that his 2019 concert was the first major performance of a Korean star in China since political tensions over the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAD) treaty between the U.S. and South Korea prompted the Chinese government to ban Korean performers in 2016. He’s toured the world several times, as well as appeared in several Korean films and Korean and Chinese television dramas, most recently his current k-drama, Welcome 2 Life

In Welcome 2 Life, he plays a lawyer of dubious ethics, a lawyer who brilliantly twists the system to benefit his corrupt rich clients. A co-worker comments that for a lawyer he is truly lawless.  

“Are lawyers meant to con and not defend people,” a fellow prosecutor asks him, after he defends an obviously guilty client by turning cruelly on a defendant.

The only clue viewers have that Lee Jae Sang has not completely sold his soul is his relationship with the overly zealous, honest police officer Ra Shi On, played by award-winning actress Lim Ji Yeon. She tries to remind him to act like a human being but gets so frustrated by his amoral court performances that she hits him with a gavel, pulls out his hair, and literally kicks him to the curb with her powerful sneakered feet. 

It vicariously feels good when she punches him, because in that instance viewers can guess she is trying to revive his conscience. She hits him because she hasn’t given up on him, having known him for 12 years and having hoped that he would become a righteous lawyer who battles the powerful and corrupt.

It’s her concern that eventually leads him to confront the rotten state of the world he’s helped to create—case-by-case. He’s sickened by the evil he sees and is about to provide evidence against his corrupt clients when he becomes the victim of a hit job. Only he does not die.

Then the drama, which until now had been a crime and corruption story, does what Korean dramas are so adept at. It unexpectedly switches genre. Welcome 2 Life transforms into the ever-popular “if I had a chance to do my life over” fantasy genre in which characters get to examine the consequences of the choices they did and did not make.

Since Lee Jae Sang’s world is shades of gray with no black and white moral code, the first part of the drama is filmed in gray blues and greens. Then he wakes up in a world where he’s a righteous man and Ra Shi On admires him enough to be his wife. He’s suddenly living in a world with defined colors. Who is Rain’s character in this alternate world? That remains to be seen.

Although he’s one of the first true Hallyu stars, Rain is never one to be satisfied with past accomplishments. His Welcome 2 Life role only confirms how relevant an actor he can be.

• Like 1

*** Looking forward to Monday August 19 for Episodes 9 and 10 :P

68610889_2397775143648413_90185486628709

credit As Tagged / Raincloud10

*** RAIN posted this picture 3-hours ago with a caption " Today's Welcome 2 Life 8:55 mbc ~ # finally " - Great team. :P

TOP10 Actor/ Korean series that is most talked about in a week - Hotel del Luna still stands as no. one!

Before entering mid-August, let's update the series & hot actors who are currently the most talked about in the online world. Good Data Corporation revealed the results of the series and actors that were most talked about in the week. They collected data for analysis from all the series that are aired and are going to air, which has a total of 27 stories from August 5 to August 11.

TOP10 most talked about series last week :

4th place | Welcome 2 Life on MBC (Watch Thai subtitles at VIU)

Welcome2Life-Cover.jpg?resize=696,394

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.korseries.com/top-10-weekly-most-buzzworthy-k-dramas-and-actors-aug5-to-aug11/

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Aug. 12-18, 2019

dramaratings_2.jpg

Monday, Aug. 12      
Let Me Hear Your Song 5 KBS 2.2%
Let Me Hear Your Song 6 KBS 2.7%
Welcome 2 Life 5 MBC 4.4%
Welcome 2 Life 6 MBC 5.6%
A Moment at Eighteen 7 JTBC 3.3%
Designated Survivor: 60 Days 13 tvN 4.5%
Tuesday, Aug. 13      
Let Me Hear Your Song 7 KBS 2.4%
Let Me Hear Your Song 8 KBS 3.2%
Welcome 2 Life 7 MBC 4.2%
Welcome 2 Life 8 MBC 5.0%
A Moment at Eighteen 8 JTBC 3.6%
Designated Survivor: 60 Days 14 tvN 4.9%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/08/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-aug-12-18-2019/

Lee Jae-sang VS Jang Do-sik
Two people sparking from the first encounter!

MBC series <Welcome 2 Life>
8:55 broadcast tonight

68563258_2447078205514780_66952698989117

69615689_2447078212181446_32554666735655

68555486_2447078215514779_74446354646376

credit : MBC 드라마

***RAIN will have an FM in Japan on October 16 & October 18 entitled “RAIN 2gether 2019” These will be in Tokyo & Osaka respectively. It will open at 5:30PM & Show Starts at 6:30PM. Tokyo venue will be in Itabashi Culture Hall on October 16. Osaka venue will be in Zepp Namba on October 18. Details are as follows : :P

·         Ticket fee - RAIN JAPAN OFFICIAL FANCLUB member :11,000 yen (tax included)
General: 12,100 yen (tax included)

·         All seats reserved

·         Purchase limit: 4

·         Ticket sales schedule : Fan club member: August 23 from 6PM to September 1 (Sunday) 11:59PM / General release and overseas sales: September 21 (Sat)

credit : RAIN Japan Official Site

*** RAIN posted these (2) pictures 2-hours ago with a caption - " Reading is a hobby ... but tonight's Welcome 2 Life ... mbc 8:55" - He looks CUTE. :P

*** RAIN also posted these slide of pictures yesterday with a caption -" Lee Jae Sang on stage ..." RAIN always looks so COOL on-stage performing.  This was during Psy’s series shows (Summer Swag 2019) in Seoul last August 10.  :P