Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

*** RAIN posted this clip yesterday with a caption - " Sorry... but it was so yummy#singaporerain#thx#ilove#rainplace  - Awww...RAIN dined-in at Jumbo Seafood in SIN. IDK which outlet he dined-in since there are many outlets in the city.  Jumbo Seafood is famous for its live seafood, prepared in local and Hong Kong styles. RAIN posts food pictures all the time. Nowadays they're visual overload.  That black pepper crab has so much cholesterol - hahaha - but, it's yummy.  Chilli crab is strongly suggested by many locals. And surely you're enjoying the food!  I'm also sure that you had fun in Singapore! :lol:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, brattyxoxo said:

15+ Korean Celebrities You Probably Didn’t Know Have A National Title

18. Rain

When Rain married Kim Tae Hee he was jokingly referred to as the “Nation’s Thief.”

Hi brattyxoxo, thanks for sharing this here. :lol:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hnfragile said:

Channel News Asia Lifestyle:

Korean star Rain at the Cartier boutique re-opening in ION Orchard

Is he really planning a concert in Singapore next year? For real? Am so going!

hnfragile, thanks for sharing the clip with subbed. I hope this will happen. :lol:

2 hours ago, willenette said:

hnfragile, thanks for sharing the clip with subbed. I hope this will happen. :lol:

So do I! This Channel NewsAsia clip got me excited, but am not holding my breath ... just yet. A concert requires a lot of preparation and depends a lot on local organiser. So, no pressure! Any new project by Rain is good, more so if it helps us see his smiles :)

• Like 1

*** I think there's something fishy going on here. :o^_^ RAIN's Mom has been deceased for many years & it's only NOW that they are going after this? I hope they have some solid proof to be doing this. Where are all these coming from? If this turns out to be false... this is EXTORTION!

Singer/actor Rain's parents also accused of fraud via online community claim

Rain.jpg

Following the parents of rapper siblings Sanchez and Microdot, as well as the parents of rapper Dok2, singer/actor Rain's parents have also been accused of fraud, according to one online community claim on November 26.

One netizen 'A' wrote via an online community, "Singer rain's parent borrowed money from my parents, then cut off contact."

'A' explained, "In 1988, my parents ran a rice shop at Yongmun Market in Seoul, while Rain's parent ran a rice cake shop. [Rain's parent's side] borrowed rice worth approximately 17 million KRW (~ 15,000 USD) as well as cash 8 million KRW (~ 7,000 USD) in cash. My parents continued to ask that they be requited for the amount, but Rain's parent refused, arguing financial strain. After a while, my parents gave up and asked for only the original amount in return, but Rain's family disappeared."

Currently, 'A's parents are over 60 years old, and as it has been over 30 years since the incident, which likely means that 'A's side will not be able to file a civil lawsuit. 

In response to the claim, Rain's label Rain Company told media outlets, "We are currently checking on the matter." 

source : allkpop

Rain says he will work with the accuser to resolve issues with debt from his mother

Rain.jpg

Rain promised to work out issues around his mother's alleged fraud.

His mother was accused of fraud. It has been 30 years since the incident, but she was accused of borrowing rice worth approximately 17 million KRW (~ 15,000 USD) as well as 8 million KRW (~ 7,000 USD) in cash.

Rain said, "Hello, this is Rain Company. We were late in responding because we were checking the truth of the accusations and wanted to take sincere repercussions. We are currently still checking how true the accusations are. The accusations are about Rain's late mother, so he will be meeting with the accuser as soon as possible to see how true the accusations are and do his best to solve things amicably."

Hopefully everything works out well.

source : allkpop

Rain’s Agency Responds To Accusations Of Fraud Against His Parents

615018b30a92433cb7010696ef481077.jpeg?s=

Rain Company has given an official statement regarding the accusations of fraud against Rain’s parents.

Recently, a post entitled, “Singer Rain’s parents have not repaid the money they borrowed from my parents and have disappeared,” surfaced on an online community.

According to the post, the netizen stated that their parents ran a rice store and that Rain’s parents ran a rice cake store in Seoul’s Yong Moon Market in 1988. The netizen claimed, “They [Rain’s parents] borrowed 17 million won (approximately $15,000) worth of rice and 8 million won (approximately $7,000) in cash. We asked them to repay the money, but they pled that they were suffering from hardships and didn’t pay us back.”

The netizen also uploaded a copy of a promissory note and added, “My parents are now over 50 years old. I have written to Rain and tried to contact him, but I haven’t succeeded. The time to sue has passed, and I don’t have the ability to take legal action either. Repay the money, even if it is now.”

On November 27, a source from his agency Rain Company stated in a press release, “Hello, this is Rain Company. We ask for your understanding in being late releasing our official statement in order for us to verify the truth and respond cautiously regarding the issue.”

The agency expressed, “We are currently in the middle of ascertaining whether what’s being said is accurate. As what the other side is claiming has to do with [Rain’s] mother who is deceased, we will quickly meet with those involved and check the existence of the debt and will do our best to come to a resolution.”

The accusations against Rain’s parents aren’t the only parents of celebrities to have been accused of fraud. Dok2 recently responded to accusations of fraud against his mother. Microdot’s parents are also currently under investigation for fleeing the country after borrowing money from friends, neighbors, and acquaintances.

Source (1) / soompi news

Top Photo Credit: Xportsnews

Singer Rain Also Caught Up In Parents’ Fraud Controversy

An online community user has claimed that their family is living in poverty because of Rain’s parents.

mqfmtj3XmkEZrSerpJQjbBGLlF4yEYzJD6eXtrLx

Since Microdot’s parent’s fraud case came to light, numerous others have been speaking up to claim that they’ve been victimized by the parents of renowned celebrities.

Another one of these celebrities is singer Rain. On November 26, an online community user shared a post that was titled, “Singer Rain’s parents borrowed money from my parents and disappeared without paying off the debt.”

rain

The user explained that in 1988, their parents ran a rice store in Yongmun Market while Rain’s parents ran a rice cake store. Rain’s parents allegedly borrowed approximately 17 million KRW in rice and 8 million KRW in cash but didn’t pay off the debt, claiming that they were having a difficult time. The user stated that after making numerous requests to pay back the debt, they pleaded with Rain’s parents to at least pay back the principal. However, Rain’s family disappeared.

According to the user, the victimized parents are currently over 60 years old and they have tried to contact Rain through letters but failed. The limitation period has also passed and there is no other way to be repaid of their debt. In conclusion, the user claimed that while Rain lives a happy and comfortable life, their family is living in difficult conditions because they were not able to receive the 25 million KRW ($22,000 USD) from Rain’s parents.

The user supported their story with an image of the promissory notes that include names and signatures.

kmcOFziuQYTDEYSbkQa7L44CfFatcH5JP2srg-yf

source : koreaboo

*** RAIN has an image to protect so, I doubt if he will just brush this off. This sucks for Rain. In case, this is true then, I personally don't believe he's liable with this. Is debt inherited? What I know is debt belongs to the person who incurred it. ^_^

Online post accuses Rain's parents of not paying back their debts

LINK here : http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2018/11/online-post-accuses-rains-parents-of.html

@willenette I agree with you that Rain will definitely address this issue. I also agree that the whole thing sounds fishy. I hate the media for lumping all these cases together, Microdot's parent's case is totally different, Dok2's parents' case is also different. Dragging Rain's name into an article about "fraud" is so unfair! But of course the media needs to sell and they'd do whatever! I need to read more on the case but am just so frustrated with the media right now!

• Like 2

Celebrities embroiled in controversy over parents’ debt scandal

After rapper Microdot came under fire over a fraud scandal involving his parents, celebrities -- including rapper Dok2 and singer-actor Rain -- have found themselves embroiled in similar allegations.

20181127000887_0.jpg

From left: Rapper Dok2 (Illionaire Records)and singer-actor Rain (Yonhap)

A media outlet reported on Monday that Dok2’s mother borrowed around 10 million won ($8,854) from a friend in the late 1990s and failed to pay it back. Though the debtor took the matter to the court and won, Dok2’s mother did not pay back the money, filing for personal bankruptcy.

Singer-actor Rain has been caught in a family scandal, too.

An online post was updated Tuesday, saying that Rain’s parents disappeared after borrowing money. According to the allegation, the parents, who owned a rice-cake shop in the 1980s, borrowed 17 million won worth of rice and 8 million won in cash. They did not pay it back, citing financial difficulties and eventually ran away.

The star’s management agency Rain Company issued an official announcement.

“The allegation is about Rain’s mother who has passed away. We will meet with the person as soon as possible and check the facts. We will do our best to come to a settlement,” it read.

(skipped unrelated.....)

By Im Eun-byel (silverstar@heraldcorp.com)

credit : Korea Herald

• Like 1

November 28, 2018

Celebrities get caught up in parents’ debt

27201239.jpg

Singer Rain, left, and rapper Dok2, have each been mired in controversy regarding the unpaid debts of their parents. [ILGAN SPORTS]

After revelations that rapper Microdot’s parents committed fraud were made public last week, a streak of testimonies has been revealed claiming that the parents of a number of celebrities have pocketed other people’s money in the past. While rapper Dok2 took to Instagram to explain himself regarding his mother, singer Rain’s agency stated that he would try to work things out with the person making the claims.

On Monday, an anonymous user uploaded a post in an online community detailing how the singer Rain’s parents took out a loan of 17 million won’s worth of rice and 8 million won in cash from their parents in 1988 and never paid them back. The family ran a rice shop inside Yongmun Market in central Seoul next to a tteok (rice cake) shop owned by Rain’s parents. The post included photographs of the promissory note and a bill for the outstanding amount.

“We asked them to pay us back but they never did, saying that their financial state was a disaster,” read the post. “My parents are now over 60 years old. We’ve tried writing to Rain and calling him, but we never actually got in touch with him. We can’t sue now because it’s passed the statute of limitations, and we do not have the ability to do so.”

Following the post, the singer’s agency Rain Company stated through an official press release that the singer would meet up with the author of the post. “Because the post was about the singer’s late mother, it took time for us to figure things out. We will look into what really happened and try our best to solve the issue,” the statement read.

Rain’s father met with the author of the post on Tuesday afternoon, but failed to come to an agreement regarding the amount that should be paid back.

The recent round of controversies has gotten mixed reactions from people. People seem divided over whether to criticize a celebrity over a crime they didn’t commit themselves, or to side with the victims.

(skipped unrelated.....)

BY YOON SO-YEON [yoon.soyeon@joongang.co.kr]

• Like 1