Quantcast
Nancyzak

Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) *** Current Drama: Welcome 2 Life 웰컴2라이프

1 hour ago, hnfragile said:

I was kidding. Remember that episode of Knowing Brothers that Rain guested? The whole cast was after his watch from the very start and kept insisting that Rain put up his watch as prize, like if the cast guessed out his dance correct or if they won in the ssireum match they would win his watch? haha Rain said he couldn't because the watch was from the sponsor and he had to return after the show. Kang Ho-dong even went "if not the watch the case is okay" :D:D:D. Someone said the watch is a Pasha de Cartier W301970M - hence my previous post. I actually haven't watched the episode very closely to verify if it was actually the watch - was too busy laughing.

hnfragile, ye, I was told then that the watch was Cartier. :P

*** RAIN posted these slide of pictures with a caption - " # Hannam-dong number one skewer ..... Raw tofu and curd noodle with corn noodles #rainplace - I guess this place where he dined-in is in Hannam-dong. Wow, yummy those food. I can see the tofu & noodles + those kebabs.  Everything looks good! Hope he enjoyed his meal. :P

• Like 1

This Is What 20 Of Today’s Biggest K-Drama Stars Look Like In Their First Roles Vs. Their Latest Roles

From their first roles to their latest.

9. Rain

Debut role: 2003, on Sang Doo! Let’s Go To School as Cha Sang Doo

rain 1

Latest role: 2018, on Sketch as Kang Dong Soo

rain 2

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo

• Like 1

@willenette I don't know why they keep using that screen cap for Sketch :( I know it's one of the first images when JTBC launched the drama but there are better pictures to show, especially of Rain :( Like this one for example (credit kjtamusings on wordpress).

s_ep_13_7101.jpg

Sketch is not just about action, it's also about criminal psychology and the internal fight between good and bad sides within a person (Kim Do-jin and Kang Dong-soo in particular).

12 minutes ago, hnfragile said:

@willenette I don't know why they keep using that screen cap for Sketch :( I know it's one of the first images when JTBC launched the drama but there are better pictures to show, especially of Rain :( Like this one for example (credit kjtamusings on wordpress).

Sketch is not just about action, it's also about criminal psychology and the internal fight between good and bad sides within a person (Kim Do-jin and Kang Dong-soo in particular).

Hi hnfragile,   oh....you noticed that, too? Hahaha - I do agree with you about "Sketch" - All actors were able to showcase the different sides of their characters that you can’t help but root for some of them. I loved Lee Dong Gun’s execution of Kim Do Jin. I saw how the character changed from being a loving husband to a damaged man. Lee Sun Bin gave out a solid performance. You can feel her character’s desire to preempt her visions and save lives. Rain did a great job in making Kang Dong Soo a believable character. The premise was good and as a whole this drama did not disappoint. The lesson I've learned from this drama - Life, how we make of it, boils down to our choices. It is up to us whether we select based on our emotions or logic. Thinking logically does not guarantee better results, and most of the times, our logical choices are the most painful. All our actions have corresponding consequences. The result may be what we hope for, or sometimes, we ended up having the opposite. The things we have done and experienced in the past may have influenced the way we are now. However, it is what we do in the present that will provide us a glimpse of our future. "Sketch" reminded us of that. :P

YG Entertainment Boss Regrets Rejecting Park Bo Gum & Rain In Audition

yg-entertainment-big-boss-regrets-reject

YG Entertainment big boss regrets rejecting Park Bo Gum and Rain in audition. Photo by thebogummybears/Facebook and raincompanyrain/Facebook

Fans of Park Bo Gum could be watching him today as a K-pop idol if only YG Entertainment took his audition tape more seriously. YG Entertainment founder Yang Hyun Suk admitted that one of his biggest regrets is turning down talents such as Park Bo Gum and Rain.

In the upcoming YG Treasure Box show, Yang wants to make sure that no other previous talents will slip his fingers. YG Treasure Box is a reality program that aims to discover new talents that will make up YG Entertainment's next boy group.

In a preview for the show, Yang admitted that he regrets missing out Rain and Park Bo Gum, who both auditioned for his company in the past. He said South Korean singer/actor Rain did not pass the audition, before saying he is most regretful about Bo Gum.

Then the teaser of YG Treasure Box shows the Love In the Moonlight actor's audition clip, in which young Park Bo Gum is seen singing 2AM's single "This Song." The teaser also shows Chungha's dance audition for YG and also named Red Velvet's Wendy, Crush, and Honey Lee as other talented stars that failed to join YG Entertainment.

"As I said before, I'm going to be taking looks into consideration from now on. I'll never let this kind of talent slip by again," Yang said in the teaser video, suggesting that he will personally look into each talent audition in the upcoming show.

Yang's regret is understandable as both Park Bo Gum and Rain are among the Korean celebrities who are praised not only for their good voice but also their excellent acting skills. Park, who is now under Blossom Entertainment, has been receiving positive reactions from both fans and critics for portraying a diverse range of roles in film and television. A number of his movies have been screened at Cannes Film Festival and his K-dramas have always been a hit to viewers.

The actor's 2016 historical drama Love in the Moonlight solidified his Hallyu status and also gave her the moniker, the "Nation's Crown Prince." Park is returning on television in the upcoming melodrama Encounter along with Descendants Of The Sun actress Song Hye Kyo.

As for Rain, his popularity and talent couldn't be doubted too. Throughout his 20-year career, he has released a total of seven albums and embarked on numerous concert tours around the world. He was recognized as an international star after his Korean album, It's Raining, in 2004 sold a million copies and his romantic comedy TV series Full House became a hit in Asia on the same year.

Rain also made his Hollywood debut in Speed Racer in 2008 and also starred in Ninja Assassin the following year. He is also the first Korean act to win an MTV award. Rain currently has his own company, R.A.I.N. Company.

Fans will closely watch YG Treasure Box if Yang will even find the next Park Bo Gum or Rain. The show will kick off on November 16 at 10 p.m. KST on Naver's V Live. It will air two hours later at midnight on both YouTube and JTBC2

source : http://en.koreaportal.com/articles/46351/20181116/yg-entertainment-boss-regrets-rejecting-park-bo-gum-rain-in-audition.htm

On 11/15/2018 at 11:15 AM, willenette said:

hnfragile, ye, and RAIN is so candid when he appears on variety shows. :P

I love his good sense of humour and quick wit, but most of all I love his smiles and laughs :)

6 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi hnfragile,   oh....you noticed that, too? Hahaha - I do agree with you about "Sketch" - All actors were able to showcase the different sides of their characters that you can’t help but root for some of them. I loved Lee Dong Gun’s execution of Kim Do Jin. I saw how the character changed from being a loving husband to a damaged man. Lee Sun Bin gave out a solid performance. You can feel her character’s desire to preempt her visions and save lives. Rain did a great job in making Kang Dong Soo a believable character. The premise was good and as a whole this drama did not disappoint. The lesson I've learned from this drama - Life, how we make of it, boils down to our choices. It is up to us whether we select based on our emotions or logic. Thinking logically does not guarantee better results, and most of the times, our logical choices are the most painful. All our actions have corresponding consequences. The result may be what we hope for, or sometimes, we ended up having the opposite. The things we have done and experienced in the past may have influenced the way we are now. However, it is what we do in the present that will provide us a glimpse of our future. "Sketch" reminded us of that. :P

It's just pure laziness, which I can't stand. The people that write those articles do not even have to watch the dramas to do screen caps, they just need to look up numerous sites - Rain's fan sites, his dramas' recap sites, (so many!) then give credit where credit is due! Like this

date_him3.jpg

or this

s_ep_16_5801.jpg

(credit kjtamusings on wordpress)

Sketch has a very good plot, and yes I totally agree life is all about choices. No one is 100% good or 100% bad, it's the choices we make.

I miss Rain in a romantic drama so I really hope the post-production of Endless August will be completed and they'll air it. Am kinda desperate :P so am willing to live with a C-drama in which Rain is dubbed :P

• Like 1

How Each GOT7 Member Was Discovered, And Signed To JYP.

BamBam

rglHa6sjtE-sPMlyit6BN3Ay_3uFAEqqORrNTRG-UdhN-KOJBaSMQc8n_Jvcs6BkrqsruC31Xlgikqxw7Z7Q8-aw1S-y4fwxpQ=s0-rj

BamBam’s mother was a big fan of Rain and BamBam had, therefore, been taken along to performances throughout his youth. This is how he learned of JYP Entertainment and gained interest in Korean culture, music, and food. One day, his mother had heard news of a competition in Thailand for Rain’s cover dance and the prize was an opportunity to have dinner with Rain. She had planned for her oldest son to attend the competition, but due to his leg injury she had decided to send her younger song, BamBam, instead. Not only did his mother’s wish come true, BamBam also became a JYP trainee as a result of the event! Unfortunately, Rain had left JYP by the time BamBam became a trainee.

aJyWlNVihMF7pNv4nJuNk8WTkDa1EVQgJgK4CiBiHQjz1HLs9fUpv5p6aP7CYb-ZSRG3LjaWoVQMwPS0vCaAS3hlIXCCx3uFjA=w1600-rj

SOURCE:

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/heres-every-got7-member-discovered-signed-jyp/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brattyxoxo said:

How Each GOT7 Member Was Discovered, And Signed To JYP.

BamBam

BamBam’s mother was a big fan of Rain and BamBam had, therefore, been taken along to performances throughout his youth. This is how he learned of JYP Entertainment and gained interest in Korean culture, music, and food. One day, his mother had heard news of a competition in Thailand for Rain’s cover dance and the prize was an opportunity to have dinner with Rain. She had planned for her oldest son to attend the competition, but due to his leg injury she had decided to send her younger song, BamBam, instead. Not only did his mother’s wish come true, BamBam also became a JYP trainee as a result of the event! Unfortunately, Rain had left JYP by the time BamBam became a trainee.

SOURCE:

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/heres-every-got7-member-discovered-signed-jyp/

Hi brattyxoxo, thanks for sharing this here.  In 2007, Rain left the management of JYP Entertainment and started his own company, J. Tune Entertainment. :P

• Like 1

Henry reveals he dreamed of becoming a K-pop star after seeing this idol

Henry

Henry got into SM Entertainment after auditioning in Canada. Henry explained, "I didn't know any Koreans at the time but I sang a Korean song." He revealed he sang the popular ballad "I Miss You" by Kim Bum Soo.

As for the reason why he auditioned to be a K-pop singer, Henry said, "There was this person who was my idol. He is Rain sunbaenim. He was so amazing and I thought to myself that I need to become like him."

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/11/henry-reveals-he-dreamed-of-becoming-a-k-pop-star-after-seeing-this-idol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brattyxoxo said:

Henry reveals he dreamed of becoming a K-pop star after seeing this idol

Henry got into SM Entertainment after auditioning in Canada. Henry explained, "I didn't know any Koreans at the time but I sang a Korean song." He revealed he sang the popular ballad "I Miss You" by Kim Bum Soo.

As for the reason why he auditioned to be a K-pop singer, Henry said, "There was this person who was my idol. He is Rain sunbaenim. He was so amazing and I thought to myself that I need to become like him."

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/11/henry-reveals-he-dreamed-of-becoming-a-k-pop-star-after-seeing-this-idol

Hi brattyxoxo, thanks for sharing this here. Good choice for Henry. I still haven’t seen him performed on-stage, though. :lol:

*** RAIN is leaving for Singapore TODAY, November 22 for Cartier event at the Cartier store in Ion Orchard. This is a shopping mall in Singapore. The event will be tomorrow, November 23 at 6:30PM. He’s returning to Seoul on November 24. :lol:

• Like 1

Asian Dancing King & Korean superstar Rain is coming to Singapore for 3 days

Korean superstar Rain is coming to Singapore!

He was the first Asian artist to be selected as one of the world's most influential 100 people in Time magazine.

640?wx_fmt=jpeg

He is an actor. In "Full House", he's the male lead that swept Korean awards. In the movie "Ninja Assassin", he was the first Korean artist to win the American Native Film Award.  He also won the Biggest Badass award at the 2010 MTV Movie Awards for his performance.

640?wx_fmt=jpeg

He is the "Music King" & music producer. He has won several awards in the Mnet Asian Music Award as pop singer and is the leader of the Korean Wave...

640?wx_fmt=jpeg

He is the "Asian Dance King." Every time he dances, the air is burning~
There is always screams when he's on stage.
(Imitating Michael Jackson's dance in the early years~)

640?wx_fmt=gif

640?wx_fmt=gif

The Asian Dance King is coming to Singapore. Now, the fans are anticipating about his three-day trip. Please look forward to it. 

Here is Rain's itinerary:

At 8:15 pm on November 22, he arrives at Singapore JetQuay CIP Terminal
(Address: 60 Airport Blvd, near Changi Airport Terminal 2)

640?wx_fmt=jpeg

Participate in Cartier activities at ION from 6:45 to 8:20 pm on November 23rd.
(Address: #01-20 & #02-10 ION Orchard, 2 Orchard Turn, 238801)

640?wx_fmt=jpeg

Returning to South Korea from Jetquay CIP Terminal on November 24th at 10:30 pm (it is expected to arrive in Terminal one to two hours in advance)

During the three-day trip, Rain will be staying at the Shangri-La Hotel near Orchard Road.
(Shangri-La Hotel, 22 Orange Grove Rd, Singapore 258350
)

640?wx_fmt=jpeg

source : toutiaosg.com

https://toutiaosg.com/亚洲舞王韩国巨星rain要来新加坡了,独家曝光3天行/

亚洲舞王&韩国巨星Rain要来新加坡了,独家曝光3天行程

韩国巨星Rain要来新加坡了!

他是首位两度获选美国《时代周刊》全球最具影响力100人的亚洲艺人。

他是演员。出演《浪漫满屋》男一,横扫韩国各项大奖;电影《忍者刺客》更让他成为首位获得美国本土电影奖的韩国艺人。

他是“乐坛天王”,音乐制作人。曾荣获Mnet亚洲音乐大奖流行歌手,是韩流的领军人物……

他是“亚洲舞王”。他一舞动,空气都是燃的~
有他在的舞台,永远都有尖叫声~
(早年间模仿迈克尔·杰克逊舞步~)

曾上过《天天向上》,随便秀秀舞技,都秒杀一众小鲜肉~

此次亚洲舞王来新加坡,新加坡眼深度挖掘,拿到一手线索 ,现在给粉丝们透露他3天行程,想去蹲点的盆友们,可以准备啦~

话不多说,下面为大家公布Rain的行程表:

11月22日晚上8点15分,到达新加坡JetQuay CIP Terminal

地址:60 Airport Blvd,靠近樟宜机场2号航站楼

11月23日晚上6点45到8点20分在ION参加卡地亚活动。

地址:#01-20 & #02-10 ION Orchard, 2 Orchard Turn, 238801

11月24日从Jetquay CIP Terminal前往乘坐晚上10点半的飞机返回韩国(预计将会提前一到两个小时到达Terminal)

三天行程内,Rain将会入住靠近乌节路的香格里拉酒店。说不定在附近的景点逛逛还能偶遇Rain。

香格里拉大酒店:22 Orange Grove Rd, Singapore 258350

• Like 1

112218 RAIN at  Incheon Airport; Departs to Singapore

46516214_1988453307907302_55260045705698

46505725_1988453064573993_74924628074016

46516269_1988453234573976_49230569825852

46516983_1988453061240660_35131227108404

46492615_1988453051240661_11023249473189

Spoiler

46674499_1988453127907320_57285436275425

46517442_1988453351240631_55775527465815

46495077_1988453131240653_55223309733724

46510636_1988453134573986_38279961821734

46519420_1988453277907305_10854453221187

46512348_1988453334573966_74407532780584

46508020_1988465834572716_41940785528716

46514595_1988466891239277_73698134148996

46503830_1988467524572547_91045949181473

credit : Rain Cloud Taiwan

Spoiler

• Like 1

*** RAIN posted these 2-pictures 2-hours ago with a caption - #icantwaittoseeyou#singapore#illbethereforyou -  Have a safe trip, RAIN! Oh....I can see a patch on his face, wae!  Is there something wrong on your right cheek? Is that a pimple patch?  Can't wait to see some bits of your "fantastic" event!  Your specs - do they have lenses? Hahaha -  :lol:

• Like 1

Cartier reopening at Ion Orchard

Cartier will celebrate the opening of the store with a big bash on Nov 23, 2018.Cartier will celebrate the opening of the store with a big bash on Nov 23, 2018.

PHOTO: CARTIER

Senior Writer

SINGAPORE - French luxury label Cartier is reopening its doors at Ion Orchard mall on Saturday (Nov 24), after an extensive six-month remodelling job.

Now the brand's flagship store in Singapore and its biggest boutique here, the former duplex is a three-storey 688 sq m affair. The third floor is an ultra -exclusive Le Salon Cartier catering to clients who are after a bespoke experience.

The person tasked with the transformation is Bruno Moinard, a French artist, designer, scenographer, painter and photographer.

The decor boasts Singapore cultural themes executed with French flair including a 20m-long glass facade featuring palm trees and raindrops against a gold undulating background.

Mr Jérôme Metzger, Cartier's regional managing director for Southeast Asia and Oceania, says: "The interior of the boutique incorporates myriad decorations inspired by Singapore - a testament to Cartier paying homage to the city it is in."

For example, a specially commissioned sculpted piece of work is installed between the first and second floors to reflect the Garden City theme. It features a Cartier panther, nestling between local fauna and flora, carved in bas relief on a plaster panel.

Cartier is pulling out all the stops to commemorate the opening of its store.

This includes a 14-metre tall red and gold ferris wheel - adorned with with 2,688 light bulbs - installed just outside the Ion.

It will also be staging a special exhibition Cartier, Icon of Style featuring some of the most historic pieces from the 171-year-old brand.

Open to the public, the exhibition includes a snake necklace owned by the late Maria Felix, described as the most beautiful face in the history of Mexican cinema, as well as a panther bangle which once belonged to the late fashion model Nina Dyer, who was married to the late Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan, a former United Nations high commissioner for refugees (UNHCR).

Cartier will celebrate the opening of the store with a big bash on Fri, Nov 23. Besides South Korean singer/actor Rain, celebrities who will be walking down the red carpet will include actress Zoe Tay as well husband and wife celebrity couple Christopher Lee and Fann Wong.

source https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/fashion/cartier-reopening-at-ion-orchard

https://cafe.naver.com/officialcloud/73405

9 hours ago, hnfragile said:

Cartier reopening at Ion Orchard

Cartier will celebrate the opening of the store with a big bash on Nov 23, 2018.

Senior Writer

SINGAPORE - French luxury label Cartier is reopening its doors at Ion Orchard mall on Saturday (Nov 24), after an extensive six-month remodelling job.

Now the brand's flagship store in Singapore and its biggest boutique here, the former duplex is a three-storey 688 sq m affair. The third floor is an ultra -exclusive Le Salon Cartier catering to clients who are after a bespoke experience.

The person tasked with the transformation is Bruno Moinard, a French artist, designer, scenographer, painter and photographer.

The decor boasts Singapore cultural themes executed with French flair including a 20m-long glass facade featuring palm trees and raindrops against a gold undulating background.

Mr Jérôme Metzger, Cartier's regional managing director for Southeast Asia and Oceania, says: "The interior of the boutique incorporates myriad decorations inspired by Singapore - a testament to Cartier paying homage to the city it is in."

For example, a specially commissioned sculpted piece of work is installed between the first and second floors to reflect the Garden City theme. It features a Cartier panther, nestling between local fauna and flora, carved in bas relief on a plaster panel.

This includes a 14-metre tall red and gold ferris wheel - adorned with with 2,688 light bulbs - installed just outside the Ion.

It will also be staging a special exhibition Cartier, Icon of Style featuring some of the most historic pieces from the 171-year-old brand.

Open to the public, the exhibition includes a snake necklace owned by the late Maria Felix, described as the most beautiful face in the history of Mexican cinema, as well as a panther bangle which once belonged to the late fashion model Nina Dyer, who was married to the late Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan, a former United Nations high commissioner for refugees (UNHCR).

Cartier will celebrate the opening of the store with a big bash on Fri, Nov 23. Besides South Korean singer/actor Rain, celebrities who will be walking down the red carpet will include actress Zoe Tay as well husband and wife celebrity couple Christopher Lee and Fann Wong.

source https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/fashion/cartier-reopening-at-ion-orchard

Cartier will celebrate the opening of the store with a big bash on Nov 23, 2018.

Senior Writer

Hi hnfragile, thanks for sharing this. Looking forward to the event TODAY - pictures & videos. :lol:

Rain (Jung Ji Hoon), picture on the plane ...  was revealed

On the afternoon of November 22, Rain posted two photos on his instagram with a message "# icantwaittoseeyou # singapore # illbethereforyou".

530304_197150_2324.jpg

credit : RAIN Instagram

Rain in the revealed photo is staring at the front with a horny eyeglass sitting comfortably in the airplane.

He has a visible patch on his right cheek.

The netizens responded by asking this question: "Are you having sore?", "You still look good!!!"

Rain was born on 1982 and is 37 years old this year. In 2017, he married actress Kim Tae-hee after five years of dating.

source : topstarnews

http://www.topstarnews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=530304&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

비(정지훈), 비행기 안에서 찰칵…‘낯설지 않은 이 친근감’

[이지혜 기자] 비(정지훈)의 일상이 공개됐다.

22일 오후 비는 자신의 인스타그램에 “#icantwaittoseeyou#singapore#illbethereforyou” 라는 글과 함께 사진 두 장을 게재했다.

출처 : 톱스타뉴스(http://www.topstarnews.net)

공개된 사진 속 비는 비행기 안에서 편안한 차림으로 뿔테 안경을 착용한 채 정면을 응시하고 있다.

특히 그의 볼에 패치를 붙인 모습 등 친근한 모습이 눈에 띈다.

이에 네티즌들은 “뾰루지 나셨어용?“, “언제나 멋져요”, “비 뭔들~!!!” 등의 반응을 보였다.

비는 1982년생으로 올해 나이 37세다. 지난 2017년에는 배우 김태희와 5년 열애 끝에 결혼했다.

출처 : 톱스타뉴스(http://www.topstarnews.net)