Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

5 minutes ago, hnfragile said:

Thanks @willenette, so the translation was done? I’ll look it up.

That's a pix of Bi and his dancers, right? It’s been a long time and Bi has gone a long way, huh? Bi’s smile is still as contagious as ever. Remember that Strong Heart episode in which Bi guested? Actress Lee Chae Young who featured his “girlfriend” in Bi’s I Do MV said when Bi came and gave flowers to the “girlfriend”, the camera only showed her back so she needed not smile, but when Bi smiled at her, she couldn’t help but smiled back. That happens to me, too, just can’t help it, every time I see his smile, I smile :)

hnfragileye, he's with his dancers. Too bad that SH show didn't last that long. I remember that I always watched this during Lee Dong Wook's time as MC. I guess RAIN's EPs were EP27/28 on 2010. Please correct me if I'm wrong - That EP where Rain chose his ideal girl. After many rounds of elimination, the finals came down to Im Soo Jung vs. Kahi and Im Soo Jung came out as the winner. When asked why he chose her, Rain stated that she is a really happy person inside and goes out of her way to make people happy. Rain co-starred with Im Soo Jung in the 2006 rom-com movie, I’m A Cyborg, but that's OK. And .............Rain was asked to dance for everyone there but he stopped in the middle of the performance due to his pants ripping. LCY appeared in his “I Do” MV in 2007. :P

Indeed @willenette, those are episodes 27 and 28 of SH aired in May 2010. These two episodes were during the Kang Ho Dong/Lee Seung Gi MC'ing time.

Bi always avoided comparing his leading ladies, but KHD sorta "trapped" him by laying out the rule that if Bi didn't answer, it meant Bi didn't even want to look at these ladies, so yeah in the end he chose Im Soo Jung. 

Oh yeah that ripped pants part was epic haha Bi handled it like a champ though. "It was a big opening and it was cooling" haha I always appreciate his sense of humor and quick wit.

*** Ye, he was told that the reason he was rejected was because his face was too ugly ... that he didn't make it because he didn't have double eyelids. After countless failed auditions, Rain met Park Jin-young in 2000 who was scouting for new talent then. :P

19 K-Pop Idols You Will Never Look At The Same Way Again

That can’t be true, right?

Every K-Pop fan knows at least one interesting fact about their favorite artists. From their favorite foods to the story behind their nickname, but some facts have a tendency to get buried in the waves of information available. While these facts are random and absolutely crazy, they are 100% true, even if it’s hard to believe!

8. Rain failed his auditions at JYP Entertainment 18 times!

5Q4u8jl45WkaLbrUBCBwtX_Ml94OIWhcC84lvHch

Rain actually auditioned at JYP Entertainment 19 times. J.Y. Park himself once revealed that Rain had failed 18 previous auditions before finally becoming a trainee with the company. Thank goodness he never gave up!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo

• Thanks 1

*** RAIN attended the 2018 Gala In The Garden in Hammer Museum held on October 14, 2018 in Los Angeles, California. This is an annual highlight of the Los Angeles cultural calendar, which celebrates artists and icons who have made profound contributions to society through their work. Honey Lee also attended this event.

:P

credit : Photo by Michael Tran/FilmMagic

44252393_2159966620891938_72262480642420

44075876_2159966657558601_62583458308271

44112892_2159966694225264_85924733729384

44096310_2159966747558592_53785557276630

Spoiler

44110191_2159966800891920_85795889864465

44067998_2159966837558583_77284674463858

44108583_2159966874225246_57087525728613

credit : Rain Cloud Thailand

Spoiler

Hi @willenette I was suddenly feeling nostalgic and did a silly thing, I went back and watched Ijuksa. Actually only intended to see the scenes I like but once I started, couldn't stop and did a marathon. Gosh I was a wreck for the last few days +sigh+

I know Bi loves dancing the most, he always says he feels himself the most when he dances and Bi indeed is a mighty charismatic and captivating performer on the stage. But me, I love him the most as an actor, his acting and the way he approaches and portrays his characters always have an unbelievable impact on me, "the most fatal of charms".

8 hours ago, hnfragile said:

Hi @willenette I was suddenly feeling nostalgic and did a silly thing, I went back and watched Ijuksa. Actually only intended to see the scenes I like but once I started, couldn't stop and did a marathon. Gosh I was a wreck for the last few days +sigh+

I know Bi loves dancing the most, he always says he feels himself the most when he dances and Bi indeed is a mighty charismatic and captivating performer on the stage. But me, I love him the most as an actor, his acting and the way he approaches and portrays his characters always have an unbelievable impact on me, "the most fatal of charms".

Hi hnfragile,  I watched that drama many times. Although the ratings in Korea were not as high as the producers hoped, the drama still won an award for the Best Drama in Asia. Rain and Shin Min-ah were excellent in portraying the emotions needed in the drama. I think that RAIN's acting has definitely improved from "Full House". Shin Min Ah was wonderful as Cha Eun Seok. The ending could be better though. I find the ending frustrating but moving & "Ijuksa" is incredibly shot well. This series does have some flaws, too. Overall, I still find this drama good. :P

11 Times K-Pop References Made A Surprise Appearance In K-Dramas And Fans Loved It

K-Pop is everywhere!

We all know that pop culture references make their way into television shows and the same goes for K-Dramas. K-Pop pops up in almost every single K-Drama out there! Some references are subtle while others are very obvious. While there are too many to count, here are some fan favorite K-Pop references in K-Dramas.

6. “Me Gustas Tu” dance battle in Come Back Mister

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/vbTAOgqk9xHHR9DopwBgmThpaaUt5D4lwTpBDA7rNdaxNnUKYEyOkrVHq0YCsMFMahs7-E4_D5i5SgS7G4-89juef6_7jwdSqQ=w380-nu-rh

Who doesn’t love “Me Gustas Tu”? While almost every K-Pop idol has danced to this song at some point, fans were super excited to see Rain and Yoon Park dancing to it in Come Back Mister!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo

• Like 1

12 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi hnfragile,  I watched that drama many times. Although the ratings in Korea were not as high as the producers hoped, the drama still won an award for the Best Drama in Asia. Rain and Shin Min-ah were excellent in portraying the emotions needed in the drama. I think that RAIN's acting has definitely improved from "Full House". Shin Min Ah was wonderful as Cha Eun Seok. The ending could be better though. I find the ending frustrating but moving & "Ijuksa" is incredibly shot well. This series does have some flaws, too. Overall, I still find this drama good. :P

I love Ijuksa, so much, just really love it. I watched the drama many times, too, despite being broken-hearted every single time. I also went back and read the archived thread on soompi, a huge thread :) though too bad many links are no longer active.

Am actually not a series person, am a movie person. Bi's series are exception but then because of him I made so many exceptions :) Like, am a natural sucker for happy ending, I always avoid sad ending stories, be it novels or movies or dramas, but I watch and love Bi's tragic ending dramas (not the parts where his characters died, though).

Somehow, Bi's acting makes watching his series for me, strangely, very much like reading a novel, which initially caught me off guard. I never expected to find myself thinking so much and imagining so much after certain scenes of his characters in his series. Bi has this subtle way of projecting the inner feeling of his characters that intrigues me to come back and re-watch certain scenes and certain episodes many times because the feelings, though subtle, are so strong. Even in a light romcom like Full House, Bi managed to give Youngjae a few quiet scenes that get me think a bit. Ijuksa got me imagine so much, feel so much and am just so invested in their love story. Still feeling so gloomy :(

10 hours ago, hnfragile said:

I love Ijuksa, so much, just really love it. I watched the drama many times, too, despite being broken-hearted every single time. I also went back and read the archived thread on soompi, a huge thread :) though too bad many links are no longer active.

Am actually not a series person, am a movie person. Bi's series are exception but then because of him I made so many exceptions :)Like, am a natural sucker for happy ending, I always avoid sad ending stories, be it novels or movies or dramas, but I watch and love Bi's tragic ending dramas (not the parts where his characters died, though).

Somehow, Bi's acting makes watching his series for me, strangely, very much like reading a novel, which initially caught me off guard. I never expected to find myself thinking so much and imagining so much after certain scenes of his characters in his series. Bi has this subtle way of projecting the inner feeling of his characters that intrigues me to come back and re-watch certain scenes and certain episodes many times because the feelings, though subtle, are so strong. Even in a light romcom like Full House, Bi managed to give Youngjae a few quiet scenes that get me think a bit. Ijuksa got me imagine so much, feel so much and am just so invested in their love story. Still feeling so gloomy :(

Hi hnfragile, like you, I'm also a sucker for happy-ending stories. :P

180929 PSY X RAIN Lotte Card MOOV Soundtrack vol 3_I'm Coming

credit : Rain Cloud Taiwan

*** RAIN posted slide of pictures yesterday with a caption - " # namsan # Good #sunset" - Hmmm.........beautiful pictures. Looks amazing! NICE sunset view. Sunset is really beautiful. Autumn/Fall is a beautiful time of the year. I haven't seen how beautiful Fall/Autumn is in Seoul because I'm always there during winter.  Beautiful Namsan. :P

*** RAIN posted (2) pictures of himself wearing suit 2-days ago with a caption - “# I want to go already " - I wonder where was he during this event. I still love RAIN in casuals. but, he looks good here.  He wears his suit well, though.  :P

On 10/22/2018 at 8:59 AM, willenette said:

*** RAIN posted slide of pictures yesterday with a caption - " # namsan # Good #sunset" - Hmmm.........beautiful pictures. Looks amazing! NICE sunset view. Sunset is really beautiful. Autumn/Fall is a beautiful time of the year. I haven't seen how beautiful Fall/Autumn is in Seoul because I'm always there during winter.  Beautiful Namsan. :P

Bi mentioned Namsan a few times in his interviews, right? I think the first time I heard him talk about going up there was in the Discovery documentary back in 2009. I don't mind Bi in suits, quite like his look in MLG :) he does look younger in casuals, but I love him the most in white shirts.

I miss him on the screen :(

• Like 1

15 Golden K-Dramas That Are Always Worth Rewatching

90090366d3634a5f8e485b1042adbdb4.jpeg?s=

As an avid K-drama watcher, there are a lot of dramas that I’ve watched more than once. There’s many factors that play into wanting to watch a whole series more than once. Most of the time, it’s because of two main reasons: the two main leads and their chemistry, and how captivating the storyline is. I find myself enjoying these dramas just the same the second time around despite already knowing the outcome. Here’s my list of 15 K-dramas that are worth the re-watch!

5. Full House

full-house-kdrama.jpg

“Full House” stars Song Hye Kyo and Rain as two opposite personalities who by chance end up having to be roommates with each other. Despite their deep hate for each other, the two develop a relationship that becomes more love-hate and then eventually full out love.

full-house-kdrama.gif

It’s a cute drama where you can see a very young Song Hye Kyo and Rain display their on-screen chemistry. There’s a lot of moments that are hilarious and adorable that even when watching now, don’t seem to be too cheesy. It’s also a classic K-drama that every true K-drama watcher has to have watched!

Start watching “Full House”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

*** October 27, 2018 Asian Fan Meeting 'Just For You' Bangkok FM is nearing. This will be at 07:00 PM in BITEC BANGNA HALL 105

Fan Benefit: based from the ticket you purchased -

THB 6,800 Group photo with artist 10 per photo 30 pax, 90 pax rehearsal entry

THB 5,800 Group photo with artist 10 per photo 30 pax, 110 pax rehearsal entry

THB 4,800 Group photo with artist 10 per photo 30 pax, 70 pax rehearsal entry

THB 3,800 Group photo with artist 10 per photo 10 pax, 30 pax rehearsal entry

The winners are so lucky indeed to see RAIN up close and personal.  :P

• Like 1