Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

16 hours ago, hnfragile said:

Very sorry for the long post, if I had known how to sub I'd have subbed the video. This is the translation of the first 15 mins, credit to kamila625 at Twitter

Carefree Travelers Ep 50, aired on 29 November 2017

Hosts: Jeong Hyeongdon (JHD), Kim Yongman (KYM), Ahn Junghwan (AJH), Kim Seongju (KSJ)

1st day, 6:30am, Incheon Airport

1:15 KSJ: Today we have a very special guest!

All: Yes we have seen the news!

1:18 KSJ I was in shock, when I heard it!

1:19 AJH He never traveled like this

1:20 JHD His baby has been born very recently and he is already doing this! Is that even possible?

1:25 KSJ Isn’t he doing a world tour?

A:27 But why he is not here? Couldn’t he go through another entrance?

1:32 KSJ I have been really suspicious – what happened to this friend that he wants to go out to travel with us like this?

1:57 Captions: Rain (real name Jung Jihoon), special fact: fresh father of a newborn baby; weak point: can’t stand being hungry.

2:01 Newspaper articles: “On November 6 Rain takes part in the recording of the Carefree Travelers in Taiwan, leaves his wife Kim Taehee and his daughter for 3 days and 2 nights”; “Rain takes part in The Carefree Travelers, on November 6 goes to Taiwan”; “’Father’ Rain goes to Taiwan for Carefree Travelers”’

2:14 Newspaper articles: “Rain and Kim Taehee tied the knot after give years in love” […] “9 months after the wedding gave birth to a daughter on October 25” …

2:26 Caption: First public appearance after the birth of his daughter.

2:32 KSJ First of all I am curious what he will be wearing at the airport

2:36 JHD Now we need high resolution! Ah!

2:43 AJH Jihoon-ah! Long time no see.

2:50 KYM We are all very curious about you now!

All: yes so curious!

2:56 KSJ I have a lot of curious questions about you!

2:59 Rain There is nothing to be curious about!

3:00 KSJ We won’t ask anything else, just this question.

3:02 Rain Don’t ask, ok?

3:04 KSJ Shouldn’t you be on a world tour? Why are you here? No world tour now?

3:09 Rain In fact, I am a big fan of this program! I am not sure if you know about it, but I’ve always wanted to go somewhere with you.

3:17 KSJ Oh really? We didn’t know about that! They didn’t tell us! You suggested it yourself?

3:20 Rain Yes, really. Now I am preparing for my comeback with a new album, but in fact, taking part in this program doesn’t make much difference for the promotion of my album.

11 hours ago, hnfragile said:

credit to kamila625 at Twitter

Carefree Travelers Ep 50, aired on 29 November 2017

Hosts: Jeong Hyeongdon (JHD), Kim Yongman (KYM), Ahn Junghwan (AJH), Kim Seongju (KSJ)

9:31 (finally the real trip starts)

9:41 (today’s destination is Taiwan/Taipei)

9:43 (with his broad shoulders the seat is full)

9:47 (Hyeongdon on the left, Yongman on the right)

9:48 Rain What is it here? I need to fill it out.

(filling out the arrival card)

9:51 KHD I need to take a look at it. It isn’t in English, is it?

9:58 (writing the data from his passport)

10:00 KYM Oh, you need to remember your passport number!

10:04 Rain But I change it too often!

10:06 KYM What?

10:07 Rain I change my passport too often.

10:09 KYM He is even cooler than we are!

10:10 JHD Why do you have to change it often?

10:13 KYM He wants to say that he travels often abroad.

10:14 Rain Yes, I have many business trips.

10:15 JHD Ah, you know how to brag!

10:17 Rain Really!

10:18 KYM Let me see! (taking his passport)

10:20 JHD How many passports have you had?

10:22 Rain This is the third this year. Or second?

10:28 (Yongman is looking at Rain’s passport)

10:29 KYM Looking good on this photo! Is it photoshopped?

10:35 Rain No, it isn’t.

(looks so fine as if it was a drawing)

10:39 JHD I want to look which countries you have been to. You have two passports in one year? Cambodia?

10:47 Rain Because I have accumulated a lot of (frequent flyer) miles…

10:54 JHD Oh, you have a diamond card!

10:55 KYM Where did you get this cell phone case? It’s good!

10:58 Rain It was made by my friend.

10:59 KYM Ah, it’s custom made?

11:00 JHD And the passport case?

11:02 Rain Just ordinary passport.

[During the trip, Rain actually slept a lot while sitting on the plane and on the bus]

Hi hnfragile, thanks for sharing this - I read this translation before when she also shared it in Rain's Naver Cafe. :P

*** Rain Company posted this (2) days ago with a message - where to~? #cartier #singapore -   Rain is leaving for Singapore on November 22 for Cartier event at the Cartier store in Ion Orchard. This is a shopping mall in Singapore. Time of the event starts at 6:30PM until 8:30PM on November 23. He's returning back to Seoul November 24. :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi hnfragile, thanks for sharing this - I read this translation before when she also shared it in Rain's Naver Cafe. :P

Navigating on Naver is a nightmare for me :( it doesn't help that am late to join. I literally gave up on looking for stuff there :( When I have a bit more time I may try again. I found this on Twitter and yes Kamila did this translation a while ago, late last year and earlier this year.

1 hour ago, willenette said:

*** Rain Company posted this (2) days ago with a message - where to~? #cartier #singapore -   Rain is leaving for Singapore on November 22 for Cartier event at the Cartier store in Ion Orchard. This is a shopping mall in Singapore. Time of the event starts at 6:30PM until 8:30PM on November 23. He's returning back to Seoul November 24. :P

I wonder if Rain would be wearing the watch that the whole cast of Knowing Brothers was all over haha. Wish him a joyful event :)

***Rain Company also posted this (2) days ago. This is a Series 2 for Fall/Winter of Boy London's Black Long Padded Jumper. This is so COOL! Boy London is in good hands in Korea. :P

3 minutes ago, hnfragile said:

I wonder if Rain would be wearing the watch that the whole cast of Knowing Brothers was all over haha. Wish him a joyful event :)

hnfragile,  Rain has a lot of watches but the one that stands out the most is his Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15202ST Jumbo (~$22,500). A masterful design by genius watch designer Gérald Genta, this watch is iconic and created the market for luxury stainless steel watches. :P

• Like 1

*** RAIN posted this (2) days ago with a caption - " #itsgonnabefantastic#cartier#insingapore -  Have a great time in Singapore! Looking forward to see some pictures & videos soon. Hope you will enjoy SIN again. He was there last 2016 & had a concert there on December 30 as part of his Squall regional tour. That leg marked the tour's last stop.  He had a show at the Resorts World Sentosa. Have a wonderful trip! :P

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, willenette said:

hnfragile,  Rain has a lot of watches but the one that stands out the most is his Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15202ST Jumbo (~$22,500). A masterful design by genius watch designer Gérald Genta, this watch is iconic and created the market for luxury stainless steel watches. :P

I was kidding. Remember that episode of Knowing Brothers that Rain guested? The whole cast was after his watch from the very start and kept insisting that Rain put up his watch as prize, like if the cast guessed out his dance correct or if they won in the ssireum match they would win his watch? haha Rain said he couldn't because the watch was from the sponsor and he had to return after the show. Kang Ho-dong even went "if not the watch the case is okay" :D:D:D. Someone said the watch is a Pasha de Cartier W301970M - hence my previous post. I actually haven't watched the episode very closely to verify if it was actually the watch - was too busy laughing.

1 hour ago, hnfragile said:

I was kidding. Remember that episode of Knowing Brothers that Rain guested? The whole cast was after his watch from the very start and kept insisting that Rain put up his watch as prize, like if the cast guessed out his dance correct or if they won in the ssireum match they would win his watch? haha Rain said he couldn't because the watch was from the sponsor and he had to return after the show. Kang Ho-dong even went "if not the watch the case is okay" :D:D:D. Someone said the watch is a Pasha de Cartier W301970M - hence my previous post. I actually haven't watched the episode very closely to verify if it was actually the watch - was too busy laughing.

hnfragile, ye, I was told then that the watch was Cartier. :P

*** RAIN posted these slide of pictures with a caption - " # Hannam-dong number one skewer ..... Raw tofu and curd noodle with corn noodles #rainplace - I guess this place where he dined-in is in Hannam-dong. Wow, yummy those food. I can see the tofu & noodles + those kebabs.  Everything looks good! Hope he enjoyed his meal. :P

• Like 1

This Is What 20 Of Today’s Biggest K-Drama Stars Look Like In Their First Roles Vs. Their Latest Roles

From their first roles to their latest.

9. Rain

Debut role: 2003, on Sang Doo! Let’s Go To School as Cha Sang Doo

rain 1

Latest role: 2018, on Sketch as Kang Dong Soo

rain 2

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo

• Like 1

@willenette I don't know why they keep using that screen cap for Sketch :( I know it's one of the first images when JTBC launched the drama but there are better pictures to show, especially of Rain :( Like this one for example (credit kjtamusings on wordpress).

s_ep_13_7101.jpg

Sketch is not just about action, it's also about criminal psychology and the internal fight between good and bad sides within a person (Kim Do-jin and Kang Dong-soo in particular).

12 minutes ago, hnfragile said:

@willenette I don't know why they keep using that screen cap for Sketch :( I know it's one of the first images when JTBC launched the drama but there are better pictures to show, especially of Rain :( Like this one for example (credit kjtamusings on wordpress).

Sketch is not just about action, it's also about criminal psychology and the internal fight between good and bad sides within a person (Kim Do-jin and Kang Dong-soo in particular).

Hi hnfragile,   oh....you noticed that, too? Hahaha - I do agree with you about "Sketch" - All actors were able to showcase the different sides of their characters that you can’t help but root for some of them. I loved Lee Dong Gun’s execution of Kim Do Jin. I saw how the character changed from being a loving husband to a damaged man. Lee Sun Bin gave out a solid performance. You can feel her character’s desire to preempt her visions and save lives. Rain did a great job in making Kang Dong Soo a believable character. The premise was good and as a whole this drama did not disappoint. The lesson I've learned from this drama - Life, how we make of it, boils down to our choices. It is up to us whether we select based on our emotions or logic. Thinking logically does not guarantee better results, and most of the times, our logical choices are the most painful. All our actions have corresponding consequences. The result may be what we hope for, or sometimes, we ended up having the opposite. The things we have done and experienced in the past may have influenced the way we are now. However, it is what we do in the present that will provide us a glimpse of our future. "Sketch" reminded us of that. :P

YG Entertainment Boss Regrets Rejecting Park Bo Gum & Rain In Audition

yg-entertainment-big-boss-regrets-reject

YG Entertainment big boss regrets rejecting Park Bo Gum and Rain in audition. Photo by thebogummybears/Facebook and raincompanyrain/Facebook

Fans of Park Bo Gum could be watching him today as a K-pop idol if only YG Entertainment took his audition tape more seriously. YG Entertainment founder Yang Hyun Suk admitted that one of his biggest regrets is turning down talents such as Park Bo Gum and Rain.

In the upcoming YG Treasure Box show, Yang wants to make sure that no other previous talents will slip his fingers. YG Treasure Box is a reality program that aims to discover new talents that will make up YG Entertainment's next boy group.

In a preview for the show, Yang admitted that he regrets missing out Rain and Park Bo Gum, who both auditioned for his company in the past. He said South Korean singer/actor Rain did not pass the audition, before saying he is most regretful about Bo Gum.

Then the teaser of YG Treasure Box shows the Love In the Moonlight actor's audition clip, in which young Park Bo Gum is seen singing 2AM's single "This Song." The teaser also shows Chungha's dance audition for YG and also named Red Velvet's Wendy, Crush, and Honey Lee as other talented stars that failed to join YG Entertainment.

"As I said before, I'm going to be taking looks into consideration from now on. I'll never let this kind of talent slip by again," Yang said in the teaser video, suggesting that he will personally look into each talent audition in the upcoming show.

Yang's regret is understandable as both Park Bo Gum and Rain are among the Korean celebrities who are praised not only for their good voice but also their excellent acting skills. Park, who is now under Blossom Entertainment, has been receiving positive reactions from both fans and critics for portraying a diverse range of roles in film and television. A number of his movies have been screened at Cannes Film Festival and his K-dramas have always been a hit to viewers.

The actor's 2016 historical drama Love in the Moonlight solidified his Hallyu status and also gave her the moniker, the "Nation's Crown Prince." Park is returning on television in the upcoming melodrama Encounter along with Descendants Of The Sun actress Song Hye Kyo.

As for Rain, his popularity and talent couldn't be doubted too. Throughout his 20-year career, he has released a total of seven albums and embarked on numerous concert tours around the world. He was recognized as an international star after his Korean album, It's Raining, in 2004 sold a million copies and his romantic comedy TV series Full House became a hit in Asia on the same year.

Rain also made his Hollywood debut in Speed Racer in 2008 and also starred in Ninja Assassin the following year. He is also the first Korean act to win an MTV award. Rain currently has his own company, R.A.I.N. Company.

Fans will closely watch YG Treasure Box if Yang will even find the next Park Bo Gum or Rain. The show will kick off on November 16 at 10 p.m. KST on Naver's V Live. It will air two hours later at midnight on both YouTube and JTBC2

source : http://en.koreaportal.com/articles/46351/20181116/yg-entertainment-boss-regrets-rejecting-park-bo-gum-rain-in-audition.htm

On 11/15/2018 at 11:15 AM, willenette said:

hnfragile, ye, and RAIN is so candid when he appears on variety shows. :P

I love his good sense of humour and quick wit, but most of all I love his smiles and laughs :)

6 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi hnfragile,   oh....you noticed that, too? Hahaha - I do agree with you about "Sketch" - All actors were able to showcase the different sides of their characters that you can’t help but root for some of them. I loved Lee Dong Gun’s execution of Kim Do Jin. I saw how the character changed from being a loving husband to a damaged man. Lee Sun Bin gave out a solid performance. You can feel her character’s desire to preempt her visions and save lives. Rain did a great job in making Kang Dong Soo a believable character. The premise was good and as a whole this drama did not disappoint. The lesson I've learned from this drama - Life, how we make of it, boils down to our choices. It is up to us whether we select based on our emotions or logic. Thinking logically does not guarantee better results, and most of the times, our logical choices are the most painful. All our actions have corresponding consequences. The result may be what we hope for, or sometimes, we ended up having the opposite. The things we have done and experienced in the past may have influenced the way we are now. However, it is what we do in the present that will provide us a glimpse of our future. "Sketch" reminded us of that. :P

It's just pure laziness, which I can't stand. The people that write those articles do not even have to watch the dramas to do screen caps, they just need to look up numerous sites - Rain's fan sites, his dramas' recap sites, (so many!) then give credit where credit is due! Like this

date_him3.jpg

or this

s_ep_16_5801.jpg

(credit kjtamusings on wordpress)

Sketch has a very good plot, and yes I totally agree life is all about choices. No one is 100% good or 100% bad, it's the choices we make.

I miss Rain in a romantic drama so I really hope the post-production of Endless August will be completed and they'll air it. Am kinda desperate :P so am willing to live with a C-drama in which Rain is dubbed :P

• Like 1

How Each GOT7 Member Was Discovered, And Signed To JYP.

BamBam

rglHa6sjtE-sPMlyit6BN3Ay_3uFAEqqORrNTRG-UdhN-KOJBaSMQc8n_Jvcs6BkrqsruC31Xlgikqxw7Z7Q8-aw1S-y4fwxpQ=s0-rj

BamBam’s mother was a big fan of Rain and BamBam had, therefore, been taken along to performances throughout his youth. This is how he learned of JYP Entertainment and gained interest in Korean culture, music, and food. One day, his mother had heard news of a competition in Thailand for Rain’s cover dance and the prize was an opportunity to have dinner with Rain. She had planned for her oldest son to attend the competition, but due to his leg injury she had decided to send her younger song, BamBam, instead. Not only did his mother’s wish come true, BamBam also became a JYP trainee as a result of the event! Unfortunately, Rain had left JYP by the time BamBam became a trainee.

aJyWlNVihMF7pNv4nJuNk8WTkDa1EVQgJgK4CiBiHQjz1HLs9fUpv5p6aP7CYb-ZSRG3LjaWoVQMwPS0vCaAS3hlIXCCx3uFjA=w1600-rj

SOURCE:

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/heres-every-got7-member-discovered-signed-jyp/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brattyxoxo said:

How Each GOT7 Member Was Discovered, And Signed To JYP.

BamBam

BamBam’s mother was a big fan of Rain and BamBam had, therefore, been taken along to performances throughout his youth. This is how he learned of JYP Entertainment and gained interest in Korean culture, music, and food. One day, his mother had heard news of a competition in Thailand for Rain’s cover dance and the prize was an opportunity to have dinner with Rain. She had planned for her oldest son to attend the competition, but due to his leg injury she had decided to send her younger song, BamBam, instead. Not only did his mother’s wish come true, BamBam also became a JYP trainee as a result of the event! Unfortunately, Rain had left JYP by the time BamBam became a trainee.

SOURCE:

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/heres-every-got7-member-discovered-signed-jyp/

Hi brattyxoxo, thanks for sharing this here.  In 2007, Rain left the management of JYP Entertainment and started his own company, J. Tune Entertainment. :P

• Like 1

Henry reveals he dreamed of becoming a K-pop star after seeing this idol

Henry

Henry got into SM Entertainment after auditioning in Canada. Henry explained, "I didn't know any Koreans at the time but I sang a Korean song." He revealed he sang the popular ballad "I Miss You" by Kim Bum Soo.

As for the reason why he auditioned to be a K-pop singer, Henry said, "There was this person who was my idol. He is Rain sunbaenim. He was so amazing and I thought to myself that I need to become like him."

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/11/henry-reveals-he-dreamed-of-becoming-a-k-pop-star-after-seeing-this-idol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brattyxoxo said:

Henry reveals he dreamed of becoming a K-pop star after seeing this idol

Henry got into SM Entertainment after auditioning in Canada. Henry explained, "I didn't know any Koreans at the time but I sang a Korean song." He revealed he sang the popular ballad "I Miss You" by Kim Bum Soo.

As for the reason why he auditioned to be a K-pop singer, Henry said, "There was this person who was my idol. He is Rain sunbaenim. He was so amazing and I thought to myself that I need to become like him."

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/11/henry-reveals-he-dreamed-of-becoming-a-k-pop-star-after-seeing-this-idol

Hi brattyxoxo, thanks for sharing this here. Good choice for Henry. I still haven’t seen him performed on-stage, though. :lol: