Rain _ 비 _ Bi , Official Thread

jinijung

there's a Bi thread in the korean tv section already. do we need another one? O.o;;
Sorry~ didn't see the other thread.. I never go to the Korean tv dramas section.. apologies.

• Replies 32.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jen...forgot the past, I think we can manage to do that, but I am still sore about the Time Asia thingy. All our hardwork gone to goodness knows where, floating around in some guy's pc data in HK. Well, let's see what next week's issue will mention.

Some old but interesting interview of Ji Hoon.. since we are starting the thread... this is for new bie.. hehe... like us :lol:Credit : Asia Pacific Arts Press Conference: Day 2, February 3rd Translation courtesy of Leena Chang Transcription by Meina Banh Surprisingly, the hit producer and founder of JYP (Jin Young Park) Entertainment, Park was not able to attend the second press conference but Bi held his own as JYP's representative. Showing up in his signature sunglasses, he handled the questions with ease and proved himself to be a confident and effective speaker. Bi (Rain), whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, first gained notoriety from his title song "Nah Ppeun Namja (Bad Man)" from his debut album n001 released in May of 2002. He released his second album Rain 2 in October 2003. He has won numerous awards including the recent New Generation Singer prize at the September 2003 Korean Entertainment Awards and the award for Best New Artist at the Golden Disk Awards. However, his talents are not confined to singing alone. He recently played the lead role alongside Kong Hyo-jin in the KBS television series Sang Doo, Let's Go to School! which aired in December 2003. This role catapulted him to heart-throb status both onscreen and onstage. Other artists under the JYP label include Park Jin Young himself, Park Ji Yoon, Noel, Star and OneTwo. APA: What does your name mean? Bi: It means "rain." I use it because I like what it means. APA: How did you get recruited by Park Jin Young? Bi: I just got cast. I met him and I liked his work, so I started talking to him. He was holding auditions, so I tried out. For four hours straight - without even talking - I danced at the audition. Then two days later, he notified me that I made it but I thought that I didn't. APA: What did you do to prepare for the auditions? Bi: I just mindlessly practiced until I was completely drenched with sweat. APA: How would you describe your music? Bi: My music is a combination of different styles. I don't stick to any particular style or genre. My music is for everyone - people of all ages from children to adults to even the elderly. If it's possible, I would like to create music that older people can enjoy - not just the younger people. APA: Who inspires your work? Bi: From America, I really admires the works of Michael Jackson, Justin Timberlake, Bobby Brown and Craig David. I listen to them a lot and get a lot of dance ideas from them, especially Michael Jackson who I grew up watching. From Korea, I love listening to Seo Taiji. He is a great source of inspiration. APA: How did you get into acting? Do you like acting or singing better? Bi: I like both. The reason why I started to act was because I had always wanted to act in high school. I read this [sang Doo, Let's Go to School!] script and I really liked the character description so I decided to try it. I have a couple of movies in the works and it's all great but doing both drama and music is very difficult and draining. APA: Are you going to continue to act and sing at the same time? Bi: The last time I was acting, I was also preparing for my second album. During those three months, I probably averaged an hour of sleep a night. At the moment, I'm just focused on what's ahead of me. APA: Is this your first time in America? If not, what do you like about America? Bi: This is actually my seventh time in America. I like the freedom here. I also love the variety of clothing because in Korea, the sizes are too limited and the clothing is too small for me. Here, there are many styles and sizes to choose from. APA: What's it like to tour in the U.S.? Bi: The promotion wasn't that great, but we still did our best. The way we're perceived here is pretty much the same way we're perceived in Korea. When it comes down to it, it's how much the artist puts in his work, and I want to put in my very best. APA: How was the concert experience in Chicago? Bi: It was really cold but I had a lot of fun performing there. It was a really meaningful performance. It was different because it was obviously in America and not Korea, but basically it was the same in all other respects. We still attracted the same type of fans. But my ambitions aren't really aimed for America - more Asia than anywhere else. Also because I don't speak English very well, yet. APA: What are you expecting from the Los Angeles concert? Bi: Of course I hope that it turns out well and that the audience members will enjoy the concert. I hope that there will be a good vibe there. I want people to acknowledge that I am good at what I do. That's all. APA: What do you hope to achieve by doing this concert? Bi: I want to represent Korea as a performer and I want to let the audience know that I'm as good as American musicians. APA: What kind of message do you want to send to your audience? Bi: I want people to know that I am a hard working person who gives 120% every time. APA: What was it like to work with such a diverse group of talent on this concert tour? Bi: These are all great performers in Korea. I am truly honored to be working with them. I want to show my best to the American audience. APA: What do you want to do while you're in America? Bi: Shop. I want to find some clothes that will match the personality of my third album (for photo shoots). I wanted to be a fashion designer in the beginning, but since I'm a singer now, I'll put that goal on hold. Once I accomplish everything I want as a singer, I think I'll go back to designing. APA: Why don't you cross over and become an American icon? Bi: If I was an Asian singer here, I think I'd encounter some cultural problems because the people will look and judge me differently. APA: What do you see for the future of Korean music? Bi: Right now, the Korean music industry is suffering a lot. The manufacturers aren't able to sell our CDs because of illegal downloading from the internet. I hope that one of the people in our group [the concert performers] will be able to break through this wall and get people to start buying CDs again. APA: What are your goals for the next ten years? Bi: I think that I have pretty much achieved everything that I've planned. I know that in the future, I will come across obstacles but I am prepared to handle those. My first goal was to become a singer and I have achieved that. My second goal was to win an award for Best New Singer and I have also achieved that. My third goal is to receive the Best Artist Award, and I am working towards that right now. In ten years, if I have gained everything I've wanted, I think that I will become a fashion designer. APA: Who do you thank the most for your success? Bi: The first person I would like to give thanks to is my mentor, Jin Woo, because he helped me make it to the top. Secondly, I would like to thank my mother who always encouraged me. Finally, I would like to thank my entire supportive family

Credit : Eileen DBSK untitled4pj.pngSweet Redemption: Bi Takes KBS Daesang Dance soloist Bi was the winner of the KBS Daesang handed out on the night of December 30 at KBS Hall. He was selected out of a pool of 25 Bonsang winners which included the likes of Shinhwa and Lee Soo Young. The Daesang recipient was selected according to a formula consisting of 50% polling through ARS, Internet and mobile, 30% according to album sales and 20% according to broadcast contribution. Bi who had a busy year acting opposite of Song Hye Gyo in the TV drama Full House garnered popularity with his 3rd album's "It's Raining" and "I Do." Upon receiving the Daesang Bi dedicated the award to his mother. "I promised myself to dedicate such award to my mother who left us 3 years ago," said Bi. "I would also like to thank Park Jin Young for having faith in me 3 years ago when I was nothing." The night's festivities included a dance competition between "YG duo" Seven and Wheesung and "Shinhwa duo" Minwoo and Junjin. DBSK also transformed themselves to the New Kids on the Block on stage. One more Daesang is left for the year which is the MBC Daesang to be given out on December 31. It is widely expected that it will be given to one of the three gasoos who have already won it this year: Bi, Shinhwa or Lee Soo Young. No year featured four different Daesang winners in recent memory. Here are the full results of the 2004 KBS Music Awards: Daesang: Bi Bonsang: Bi, Shinhwa, Dong Bang Shin Ki, Lee Seung Chul, Kim Bum Soo, Kim Jong Kook, Kim Hye In, Lyn, Park Hyo Shin, Seven, Song Dae Kwan, Sul Woon Do, Lee Soo Young, Yang Hee Eun, In Soon Ee, Jung Soo Ra, Jang Yoon Jung, Choi Yuna, Tae Jin Ah, Koyote, Hyun Sook, Wheesung, MC the MAX, MC Mong, UN Best Writer: Jun Hae Sung (Lee Seung Chul's Long Day) Best Composer: Yoon Myung Sun (Jang Yoon Jung's Oh My) Best Music Video: Masheshi Moto (Boa's My Name) Special Award: Han Myung Sook, Jo Myung Full results for the 2004 SBS Music Awards: Daesang: Shinhwa Bonsang: Shinhwa, Kim Jong Kook, Park Sang Min, Lee Soo Young, Koyote, MC the Max, Lee Seung Chul, Bi, Jaurim, Dong Bang Shin Ki, Park Hyo Shin, Boa Popularity Award: Bi, Boa SBS Producers Award: Lee Soo Young Best New Artist: Lee Seung Chul (solo), SG Wannabe (group) Best Dance: Sugar Best Ballad: Lyn Best Rock: Buzz Best R&B: Fly to the Sky Best Hip-Hop: JoPD Best Trot: Song Dae Kwan, Sul Woon Do, Hyunsook, Kim Hye Yun, Jang Yoon Jung Best Writer: Jo Eun Hee Best Composer: Psy, Park Geun Taek Best Music Video: Jang Jae Hyuk (JoPD's Oh Friend) Best Producer: Lee Soo Man http://ei_0516.bravejournal.com/ - Credit

Bam, an old article but an interesting insight on Bi's thoughts back then. His fourth goal : to conquer the global market with his music (and dramas ?) perhaps ? Read the part about internet downloading of CDs. How true and timely reminder : Buy his new albums ! :D

Guest c3cilia

yup,i think i misunderstood what i did at my application today.

i think we can start a new life for Bi thread...forget the past here's the future!!!

yup,i think i misunderstood what i did at my application today.

i think we can start a new life for Bi thread...forget the past here's the future!!!

are u coming here?

intro.gif

yeah..if it's confirm..i'm so gonna go there..i missed out HOLLYWOOD BOWL..and now this time..

i won't let it go..i have to go..i have to go..bi have to be there..i like wait for this event for such a long time..

once rainstone confirm..i'll set foot on it..

and now for you guys that are going to the HONG KONG one..am i jealous of you or what..get to see him so soon...he's hella busy..but still manage to do well on his work schedule..that's the life of sweet

jihoon..kekek..

yah..we're starting from scratches..that's just so odd..i'm so use to the old thread.. ;)

Guest c3cilia

089gc.th.jpg 20050921dhcad5sq7pw.th.jpg <--credit: cloudtaiwan

Credit: dohc // sexybi <--Click on Thumbnails to see wally version...

*i feel like i'm FLOODING this thread..keke..

510qb.jpg

이름 : 비 (본명: 정지훈)

name: rain (real name: jung ji-hoon)

출생 : 1982년 6월 25일 비의 신년운세 보기

dob: June 25. 1982

신체 : 키: 184cm, 체중: 74kg

height: 184 cm, weight: 74kg

학력 : 경희대학교 포스트모던 음악과

education: kyung hea dea college, major: singing

데뷔앨범 : 2002년 1집 앨범 [나쁜남자]

first album: January 2, 2002

팬레터주소 : 서울시 강남구 청담동 123-50 JYP 엔터테인먼트 <fan mail

출연작 : KBS '상두야 학교가자'

KBS: Sang Doo Ya, Hak Kyo Ga Ja

발매앨범 : 네이버뮤직

인물 상세정보 보기 (유료)

모바일 컨텐츠 : 벨소리/노래방 7114컬러링 배경화면

PLEASE READ..IF YOU WANNA KNOW THE REAL RAIN

I love Bi, the first time to love a star. I know he is a boy don't like talk to stranger, sometimes even stay at a corner without expression on his face, like thinking..... I know he can't be pleased everyone, with his face, his song, his dance, his act. But i still love him, love his personality, love his performance. From what I know, believe in him, he really thanks his fans from his heart inside, for those cloud, real cloud. He just doesn't like to show, especially to those oversea fans and media.

I read someone in soompi said: once a fan, forever a fan...... So before you said you are whose fans, be sure you are really ready for that. Don't say something like: someone lose several fans of him today. That's not a real fans's word. A real fan won't hurt her idol, even she doesn't love him or her as much as before.

The following story make me decide be his fan at last year, sharing with others who love Bi.

[1] Childhood

I still can't believe that I'm a singer. Sometimes when I fine my CD among those I own while I arrange them, I feel my heart swelling. It is a true happiness to me that there will be people somewhere who will listen and follow after my dance just like I modeled myself after the dances and songs of Seotaeji and Boys and Deux when I dreamt of becoming a singer. I used to live near Hongik University when I was a child. My mother passed away two years ago, and I now I live with two others, my father and my sister. My sister who's 3 years younger than me (I was born in 1982 and my real name is Jeong Jihun) is so blunt that we are not so close at that time. Both of us are taciturn and we hardly exchange more than two or three sentences all day. I am told that I used to like going out without telling anyone when I was young. There is one incident I remember faintly. It's my leaving home when I was 4. My parents came home from work together but they couldn't find me. So they called the police for adjunction of disappearance and looked for me here and there almost in insanity, but still couldn't find me. A day went by and my parents got a phone call. They said they found me in Ganghwa-do. There was a bus terminal in front of our place, and I think I might have taken the bus from there. They saw the contact number on my wrist band in Ganghwa-do and called my family. Although I can't remember clearly, I have a faint memory of a lady who helped me get on the bus.

[2] I've been an introvert from the begining

Even when I was young, I had been introversive and taciturn like now. It still takes me a long time to get close to people. But once I become close, I talk so much that I am surprised that I can speak so well. I didn't have much talent in studying when I was in elementary school and let the day go by without saying a word. So it was natural that I didn't have a girlfriend who liked me. I was an unnoticeable student in class. If there was anything that people would notice about me is that I was a bit tall. I was always the third or fourth tallest boy in the class. I would always sit there quietly, but one day I stirred it up. It was at the talent show competition among classes during the school trip when I was in the 6th grade. Our class's turn was closing in and nobody volunteered. I kept on watching and felt impatient so told them that I will enter the competition to represent our class. But the response of the kids in our class was much less than flattering. I could hear them say slanders about me from here and there, saying 'why is he representing us?' I got proud and finally it was our class's turn. I stood on the stage. The children concentrated on me and the music was on. I told myself to 'show them something' and danced the dances I saw on the TV and street without a second thought. There was a burst of clapping hands as my stage was over. I felt the fulfilling emotion for the first time, and a thought crossed my mind suddenly. It said, 'Yes, it's dance.'

[3] Depression and an urge to kill myself

I entered Sungmun Junior High as I awakened to dance. By looks, anyone could tell that I was a disorderly student by appearance. In order to learn how to dance, I hung out with older boys who were disorderly and neglected school works. Although they took my money and clothes, I followed them because of one reason that I have to learn how to dance. There was a time when we got caught by the police and taken to the police station while we were practicing at the park near Hongik University because we didn't have anywhere to go and practice dancing and people around us pointed at us saying we are disorderly students. I lied to my father that I am going to the library to study, and there was nothing I could do but neglect my studies because I was busy dancing. As this went on, my grades got worse and worse. I sat for the fist exam of my junior high, and I got average score of 45. It was something I could get by guessing instead of going through the questions. But since I was so tired out dancing that I slept during the examination without solving the questions. Frankly, I was also shocked by the results. My father didn't even treat me like his own son. He told me to leave home and didn't even look at me. If my father had beaten me or gotten extreme with me, I could have become perversed, but I gave myself a lot of thoughts seeing my father like that. As I came to talk to nobody in the family, I fell into a depression and there were time when I even felt the urge to kill myself. So I worried myself sick over it and decided that I need to go better in studies than this, so I committed myself to reading and could recover my scores to a degree.

[4] I promised my dad that I will not do anything bad

Although I hung out with scarey boys to learn how to dance, I promised my father that I will never smoke and do bad things. I still keep my words about not smoking. Our dancing team practiced hard, and entered the national amateur dance competition held at Lotte World, Jamsil, Seoul to confirming our talent. Although I can't remember what year exactly, Pyo Inbong, the comedian, was the MC of the competition. The name of our danding team was 'Challenger.' I entered the competition with four other guys, and I stood in the middle to dance as I was tall. We didn't receive any award though. Later, I heard from Inbong after I became a singer that Gangta, the singer, had also entered the competition. I took interest in rugby when I was in the second grade of junior high. The boys in ruby club looked cool and I practiced amongst the rugby club members of the school nearby, but I felt like I couldn't do both dance and sports well, so I chose dance. Then it came the last year of junior high and I started to worry about my future. My friend went to liberal arts high schools but I looked for one where I can dance and study at the same time. So, I came to the conclusion of high school for arts. I didn't go to any acting school and I took notes of actors' lines when I watched drama and practiced acting by memorizing them by myself.

[5] I proudly passed the entry exam for Angyang High School of Arts

Since I didn't know anything about acting, I went to the book store, bought all the acting related books and read them all before the entry examination of Angyang High School of Arts. I had to show other special ability, and I looked for something related to dance and decided to prepare mime. I was certain about expressing things with my body. The people who knew me disagreed with me, saying that 'acting is not your thing,' but I worked hard and passed the examination proudly. But now that acting has become a study for me, it didn't look like fun anymore and didn't suit me that well. So, during the freshman year, I passed acting and continued hanging out with the guys and dancing. As people came to know about my dancing, I came to enter various talent shows as the representing competitor and I grabbed the attention of girls as well. Every morning when I go to school and open the locker, there were presents from unknown people. The presents were mostly milk, cakes, flowers and letters. I regret that I didn't try to find out who they were but I was too busy dancing that I didn't have the time to think about girls. In my freshman year, I tried to adapt to acting to a degree, but during the early sophomore year, I came to hate acting classes so much so that I couldn't bear taking it anymore. So I was late for school more than on time and kept my seat during the morning session only, and slipped out during acting training class. So, there I was, indulging myself into dance, and I got 'stamped' as a bad boy.

[6] I beat up my teacher with a stick

I'll talk about my 'teacher assault' this time. When I went to Anyang High School or Arts, I beat the buttocks of my teacher because of dance. As I concentrated on dancing and skipped acting team sessions, the senior students started to hate me. They took me to the backyard of the school and beat me up and rebuked me that I shouldn't break the team work. So I changed my mind and decided to 'concentrate on acting than dancing.' But suppressing my desire to dance didn't go too far. One day, I couldn't stand it anymore and ran out of the classroom. The next day, the teacher who was teaching the class came in with a stick. Then, he said, "Beat me with this stick. If you don't, I'll beat other students." There were so many conflicts of thoughts in my head at that moment. Many girls were in the same class and there were only good kids in there. So I thought about what I'm going to do for a bit and beat the teacher's buttocks with the stick. There was nothing I can do at that moment. It was only days before our graduation when the teacher told us about this incident frankly. He said that he never thought that I would really beat him. He used the same trick when he was teaching at another high school for arts, and when teachers play this trick, the student mostly say they are so sorry and cry but we were such a formidable foe.

[7]Fatal encounter with Park Jinyeong (JYP)

In 2000, the two biggest incidents of my life happened. I met (Park) Jinyeong, who lead me to be a singer, and my mother passed away. I will first talk about how I met Jinyeong. I joined an underground dance team in junior year of my high school. I lived with them, cooking and washing up the dishes, and also danced at the clubs in Itaeweon and Hongik University, which were the "in place" at that time. My family was going through hard times at that time. My father had been in the trade business but after repeated failures, he left us a letter saying that he will return when he's settled and left for Brazil. So, my mother, who had been suffering from diabetes had to support the family. I couldn't understand my mother who kept on working when she was so unwell. I feel that I had been foolish and inconsiderate at that time. I indulged in dance even more as I started to feel dissatisfaction about my parents. One day, I followed a friend who was working as a road manager to a shabby office. Then, oh my, Park Jinyeong walked into the office. That room was the office of Jinyeong's JYP entertainment. Jinyeong saw me, and asked "Can I possibly ask what you do?" I answered, "I dance" and he asked me to send a video tape so he can audition me. 'Wow, will Park Jinyeong, the producer who trained god and Park Jiyun train me to be a singer?' I was so happy at the moment and I sent the tape for audition to him as soon as I came back.

[8] Park Jinyeong pays my mother's hospital bills

(Park) Jinyeong called me after I had sent the audition tape. He said, 'let's release a record' and accepted me as his trainee. I was truly happy, and I danced and practiced singing even harder. While I was absorbed in happiness and working to make my dream come true, my nother's illness worsened severly. My father, who had left for Brazil just like that, came back to Korea after a few months without adapting to the local conditions. My mother played the role of the family's head in place of my father and her illness worsened all of the sudden, but since my mother had been ill frequently from when I was young, I didn't realize that the situation was that serious at that time. My father wandered from region to region even after he had come back, and there was no one to take care of my mother. I also didn't look after my mother well, thinking 'if I'm the only one who works hard for living, so be it.' I told Jinyeong everything about my mother's condition. Then, he said, "I will admit her into the hospital and pay for the bills so you needn't worry," and comforted me. I am truly grateful to him. My mother was hospitalized after that but it was too late by then. At the time my mother was hospitalized, she had severe inflammation already and her entire body had gathered. The people at the hospital also said that I'd better take her home. My mother came back home, and I really feel a lump in my heart when I recall those days. My mother's condition kept on worsening and we took her back to the hospital. Jinyeong and his wife came to the hospital to stay with my mother.

[9] How can someone like you dance?

Although so many people helped, my mother fell into a coma, and passed away just like that. My mother said her last words as she passed away. She told me to look after my sister well, and I promised her to do so. Also, in my heart, I told myself over and over to do my best and become the best. My heart still aches when I think of my mother. I could have shown her how well I am doing if only she could wait a little more... When my heart breaks I recall how I neglected my family while I could have been really good. I practiced even harder after my mother passed away. Jinyeong didn't teach things one by one but he showed the way to do them. Our company made a video tape with 12 soul dance motions and 9 steps and I practiced until I got tired of it. When Jinyeong wasn't busy, he'd visit the studio to see me dancing and teach me. But he never said a word of compliment to me. Nowadays he often says "great or good job" but in those days, he used to discourage me, saying "how can someone like you dance? It will never work." That was his way of training. When Jinyeong couldn't train me because of his music works in the US, I had to fight against loneliness. I stayed at the studio until late after everybody's gone home to compose dances and practice and at times, I was really lonely and depressed. So, the method I came up with was to practice singing and dancing in the subway and buses.

[10] Fighting against loneliness

I got so tired practicing alone. So I practiced like a crazy on the way to the studio and back home. I sang to the music loudly, composed dances that will fit the song, and danced in the subway and buses openly. To others, I was an 'insane' guy. Although I felt uneasy that I might not become a singer after Jinyeong left for the US to become a producer, but I fought against loneliness and practiced hard alone. And Jinyeong came back from the US after completing his work as a producer. So, I thought I'd be working on my album right away, but Jinyeong said that his album is to be released first because he has a good song. So, my debut album was postponed to August. And I composed the dance for <But I'm Taken>. Although not the entire dance for the song is done by me, there is a lot of my dance in <But I'm Taken>. Also, I worked as Jinyeong's dancer. Although it was a good chance to experience the stage, but going everywhere with Jinyeong everyday and practicing was very difficult. While Jinyeong talked to his wardrobes and road managers or resting, I was still practicing without a rest. I had to sing automatically whenever Jinyeong waves his hand, and I repeated singing the same song almost a hundred time a day. Each time, I got hit on the head because I "get the wrong notes again". Getting hit in the head sounds like nothing but being hit on the same spot again hurts quite a bit.

[11] Working on my album has setbacks and delays

While I was back dancing for (Park) Jinyeong, I think I sang the song <Baby, Bay> alone, a number that is in my album, almost a hundred times. In the van where others were sleeping and resting, I sang the song endlessly to the waving of Jinyeong's hand. I kept on practicing like that and waited for August when my album would be released. Then, as August came, the situation changed again. It was time to release(Park) Jiyun's album, who's in the same management company. My album was postponed to November again. My anxiety grew in those series of events. After working on Jiyun's album, Jinyeong left for the US again. I held onto practicing singing in uneasiness as I had nothing else to hang onto. I wondered if I'll ever release my own album after all these hard working for 2 years and that I was growing old for a dance singer. Upon his return to Korea around February this year, Jinyeong said "let release your album this time for real" and recording was over in 1 month. The recording didn't take long because all songs had been out already. At last, the debut stage of <Bad Man> was on April 28. I wanted to show everything I had practiced so far - the song and the dance - but it didn't go as well as I had thought. Although I didn't make any particular mistake, I was tense and couldn't move my body freely. But I told myself 'it will be the end if I don't do it right this time' and faced my fans contiuously, and I gradually gained self-confidence.

[12 ending] I want to succeed as a fashion desinger as well

The comment that made me feel the worst since I started to perform as a singer was "why aren't you singing live?" Since I practiced singing so hard, I was sure that I can sing live. But since I wasn't experienced much and being a newbie, I had to lip-synch on stage more than not. I was left distressed until I sang live at of MBC TV in end of June. People complimented that "I thought you danced well, but you sing well too" and they were surprised on the other hand. Hearing compliments after singing live was the best memory I have until now. And my greatest wish is to become a singer who sings live well. It's been only three months since my debut. I was known by the song and its succeeding song is getting even more popularity among fans. So, I will be working hard until the end of this year. Recently, I've challenged the new territory of acting. I will be playing the role of a 'player' in a sitcom and I find acting very interesting. I want to show my all-round talent that sings and acts well, and later, I want to succeed as a fashion designer. My biggest dream now it to stand tall as a successful singer in 10 years, and by then, I will start design studies. And in 20 years from now, I want to be acknowledged as a designer too.

I thank all the fans for reading the star story of a three month old newbie singer's star story. (2002)

credit: Raina@rainscent

:):) don't have much , but want to share. :lol::lol:

pdvd5001ym1uq.th.jpg

^this is so cute..him laughing..

Some old news - interview with Bi.. It's interesting.. his feeling about acting

Credit : Donga.com - JULY 08, 2004 22:27

by Sun-Woo Kim (sublime@donga.com)

"What do you mean? I sing really well!"

Rain (Jung Ji-hoon, 22) responds in earnest, taken aback by the

comment, "But you're not as good a singer as you are an actor or

a dancer, right?" It's a change from the soft tone he's been using to

answer the preceding questions from the reporters gathered before him.

Rain will be taking another shot at acting in the upcoming "Full House"

(directed by Pyo Min-su, written by Min Hyo-jeong) on KBS2, set to debut on July 14.

He will play a top Asian actor named Lee Yeong-jae. It's been

eight months since his last acting stint on KBS2 "Sang Doo Let's Go to School"

His new show, "Full House" is based on a comic series of the

same name by Won Soo-yeon.

Lee Yeong-jae scores record numbers at the box office in each of his

movies, but he's arrogant and closed off, which makes him rather inept at

love. He aims to neither hurt nor be hurt, but he slowly learns how to love

when a woman named Han Ji-eun (Song Hye-gyo), a cheerful realist,

comes into his life.

We met with Rain on the afternoon of July 6 in Sido, in Bukdo-myeon,

Ongjin-gun, Incheon, where the set of "Full House" is located. Rain

appeared wearing a large pair of sunglasses and a red sleeveless shirt

that revealed his chest. "Since the character is supposed to be a major

star, his clothes are a bit on the flashy side" he quips. "So I tend to pay a

lot of attention to the wardrobe".

--So you're playing a star on the show as well

"Because I'm an entertainer, sometimes I'm not even at liberty to get

angry when I want. Lee Yeong-jae is arrogant and selfish, and tries to

solve everything with money. We're both similar and dissimilar. If I

behaved like my character does, I'd never hear the end of it."

--This is the second time you're trying your hand at acting.

"When I appeared on "Let's Go to School, Sangdu," many people were

saying that a singer shouldn't try to act. Then, when I began to receive

favorable reviews for my acting, some people tried to downplay it by

insisting that it was because the character was so similar to who I am in

real life. But if I do well again this time, maybe I'll actually be recognized

for my acting ability. There are many singers out there who are good at

both dancing and singing, entertainers who have both looks and acting

talent; I want to be one of them."

--Are there any particular lessons you're taking for your acting?

"I'm working with a diction coach. An actor's enunciation is very different

from a singer's, so I had to learn it from scratch. When I was working

on "Sangdu," I used to get three copies of the same script, because they'd

always get tattered from my reading them so many times. The third and

last copy was the only intact one. I don't really like comics, but I read "Full

House" three times for the role."

"What's the difference between acting and singing? What if you had to

choose one?

Acting is fun because it lets you live somebody else's life. But you can't

do it alone; you have to strike a harmony with your fellow cast members.

Singing, you can do well by yourself. And if I point my finger in a certain

direction when I'm onstage, thousands of people move with me, to follow

where I'm pointing. Singing, acting--I don't want to give up either. I guess

I'm fortunate in this respect: when I get tired of acting practice, I can

always work on my dancing, and if I get tired of that, I can go practice

my singing.

Song Hye-gyo, who stars as Rain's love interest, remarked, I've never

seen an actor who works this hard. He always disappears somewhere with

his script to go practice by himself.

Director Pyo Min-su also commented, "He doesn't seem to have had

proper training in acting, but he seems to have a natural knack for

it.He's very hardworking and meticulous."he added.

Rain will return to singing with his third album, slated for release in

September. "I'll refrain from dancing this time and concentrate on my

ballads, to demonstrate my vocal prowess," he laughs.

Guest c3cilia

Pirunta, be prepared for backlog reading while we are in HK ! :D

wendy...you mean..prepare for the HONG KONG concert.. :lol:

i'm sure..you guys enjoy the concert too much..that you probably didnt' even think about this thread for the

time being..by then..yeah..i guess..you need to sit and focus your attention to the comp..but i'm sure..you

wont' miss much..cuz since now..we're starting over..alot gonna be old info..

*ah..the sound of the hong kong concert make me wanna come along... :(

bam thanks for sharing the interview i havent read that before hehehe.... hehe where are the others..... so soompi was re-born today and i think tehre are more than 3000+ members already and we're on our 6th page hahaah..... bet this thread wl reach its 1000th page before the year ends huh :D

more than likely..we'r gonna rocket high this thread..kekek...well..flood it with info and pictures..kekek..or more likely..i seem to spam here..lol..

Guest nurikocam18

my very first post!!!! hmm... i shud make this post nice.. how about re-posting pics:

img16206702op.th.jpg8884ko0mb.th.jpg0047587529ex.th.jpg

finally! i was able to register again!!! B) i met karen this morning .. wish her gudluck.. guys who will go to HK! be sure not to faint! :D

-- evrything was reset then.. hmm.. and so spamming of the thread begins... ;)

Guest DumboEphant

Omgomg, he took picture with my idol Shawn >__< er, may i know whether Bi's surname is 'Jung' or 'Jeong'? =/ or both is the same?

Archived