Do you ever get your ETHNICITY mistaken...?

Guest eminemjamesuk

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i always get mistaken as korean..

cause i can speak few.. i mean introduce myself then they'll be like "oh you korean nae?"

haha! no -_-

i'm a jalapeno japanese/flip! :P

Guest eledoremassis02

lol i get chinese, and sometimes korean...

i'm japanese, but according to one friend - i don't look 'japanese enough'.

sorry i don't look like a reita or a pi?

Thats really sad....sorry you don't look like a sterotype....I've gotten that before too as well.

LOL! I'm chinese. and most asian ethnicitys they ask if you are chinese. ;DD

So they usually get it right. But when I'm around a lot of viet or philipino people, people think i'm one of them. O-O;; LOLOL!

It's funny actually. ;D

Guest allatonce

I'm Chinese, but I get Japanese ALL THE TIME. It's weird. I asked my Japanese friends and they don't think I look Japanese.

I get mixed from some people.

Guest Babiebim

last year, i went back to vietnam for vacationing, and i was in a hair salon and the ladies there thought me and my sister were both koreans, and they went all gugugaga over us and one of them spoke little english and started asking us about hte trend in korea. i was wtf the whole entire time, then i started speaking vietnamese and they just stared. T.T

i got chinese a lot (but then again... my white friends cant tell the asians apart)

• 1 month later...
Guest ashley-x3

people just assume that most asians are chinese so they always guess right when it comes to me, =]

but there is that someone who just guesses randomly once in a while, hahaha

"are you korean? japanese?? vietnamese?? CAMBODIAN?!?!"

"um, no."

Guest asialover830

i have....well, kinda? lol.

cause i have brown skin,lol yes, brown skin, not black lmao, of course they think i'm black (ahaha i said black even though i just said my skin is brown lmao), but sometimes from southeast asia? haha!..cause i guess there are a lot of tanned people down there and whatnot?

which is true, my mom is from the philippines lol.

and then with my name, since it's spanish, they always think mexico? are you half mexican? i'm like, huh? lol.

(even though from my mom's side, there is a bit of spanish, as in spain LOL)

and then cause my eyes are asian lol, one of my friends, who can't tell asian from what, thought i was mixed with chinese.

i just let her think that, cause half of them act like they don't know or have never heard of where the philippines is. -__-

haaaaaaa idk if this counts lol.

I get almost everything..

Caucasian mixed asian

Korean (although i dont think so at all)

Japanese (i think people are blind)

Alaskan (WTH?! o_O)

Filipino

Mexican

etc...

Guest DOLLYbeans

im chinese but wheever i go to chiense stores they speak to me in english

but when i go korean stores they speak to me in korea

but ilook nothing korean im tanned and yeah... just basically not korean looking

then all my aunties and stuff say i look japanese its so weird

not one person in my life have ever even gotten close to my ethnicity.

im halfchinese and caucasian.

people always guess spanish/mexican/latino.

i wish i looked asian. haha.

after i grew out my hair, people usually think i'm japanese or chinese.. they are so sure that they start speaking their language to me without even confirming that i'm their race.. lol actually, i went to a korean market today and the checkout person greeted me in korean.. i was so shocked that i was smiling the whole time i was there (she probably thought i was crazy) kuz people ALWAYS greet me in english probably thinking that i'm japanese or chinese.

when i was in high school, i used to be very dark kuz i went swimming a lot.. and a lot of people asked me if i was fillipino..

Archived