[MANGA/ANIME] Hana Yori Dango

Guest bloopy_babo

Guest bloopy_babo

Boys Over Flowershanayoridango-manga.jpg

Storyline
Tsukushi is a girl from a poor family who was sent to Eitoku Gakuen, a school for the rich, by her parents who hope that she would meet and marry a rich husband there. At EG, there is an influential group of 4 guys who call themselves F4. Defy them and get ready to be tortured by the rest of the school and be kicked out. All Tsukushi wants is to lead a quiet, peaceful life and graduate soon.Unfortunately, Tsukushi angers Domyoji, the hot-tempered leader of F4, while defending her friend. This causes the whole school to turn against her. However, the strong-willed Tsukushi refuses to be defeated and declares war back on F4. Because of her strong (and violent) character that differentiates her from the rest of the girls in school, Domyoji starts to fall in love with her. Unfortunately, Tsukushi is in love with another member of F4: Hanazawa Rui.The story revolves around this love triangle, Domyoji's mother's opposition to Tsukushi and Domyoji's relationship, Tsukushi's parents dream for her to marry a rich man and Tsukushi's own will be with the man she truly loves.

Main Characters

Character: Makino Tsukushi
Height: 160 cm
Weight: 48kg
Blood Type: B
Home Town: Tokyo
Birthday: December 28, 1977
Favorite Color: Blue
Dislikes: Rich Guys image
Makino Tsukushi is the heroine of the series. She's 16 years old (she turns 17 later), and comes from a very poor family. Her mother is constantly arguing with people over the prices of everything. However despite her poverty (and thanks to her parents pouring all their money into her tuition,) Tsukushi attends Eitoku Gakuen, one of the most exclusive private schools in Japan. She is surrounded everyday by the richest of society's children.

Character: Doumyouji Tsukasa
Height: 183cm
Weight: 67kg
Blood Type: B
Home Town: Tokyo
Birthday: January 31, 1977
Specialty: Arguing
Favorite Color: Red
Doumyouji Tsukasa is the 17 year old leader of the F4 (he turns 18 during the series). He is the heir to the incredibly wealthy Doumyouji corporate empire. Doumyouji is tall, with black hair that curls close to his head. His funny hair style is commented on by just about everyone. However, it was only when Tsukushi twitted him about it that he made any attempt to straighten it. His hair only goes straight when it is wet. Otherwise, it takes several hours to straighten the mess out, and even then it usually does not stay in place. Doumyouji has a very strong personality. Because he has been raised in wealth, he is fairly spoiled, and his attitude is one of arrogance and superiority. He has a huge ego and uses his large size and substantial wealth to bully everyone around. Doumyouji has a quick temper that causes him to lash out angrily at anyone in his path.

Character: Hanazawa Rui
Height: 181cm
Weight: 65kg
Blood Type: AB
Birthday: March 30, 1977
Hometown: Tokyo
Favorite Color: Black
Hanazawa Rui is the quiet, sensitive guy in the F4. He is 18 years old, and is next in line to inherit his father's company. Because he is the heir, Rui's father was always very strict with him as a child, grooming him for his future position. This has left Rui an introvert who expresses his emotions through the beautiful music he plays on his violin.

Character: Nishikado Soujirou
Height: 180cm
Weight: 68kg
Blood Type: O
Nishikado Soujirou is the playboy of the F4. He's rich is rich and good-looking, and he knows it. He grew up as a playmate with Doumyouji, Rui, and Akira. Nishikado is playful, and likes to hit on all the pretty girls he sees. He is quick to hit on Yuki, Tsukushi's friend from work. He has said that he never forgets a pretty face. Nishikado also likes to tease Tsukushi by calling her 'virgin girl'. This is in reference to something that happens in episode 2. In general, Hana Yori Dango tends to focus on Tsukushi, Rui, and Doumyouji. The other 2 F4 guys, Soujirou and Nishikado, are not really in the spotlight as much. Soujirou stays by Doumyouji when there are in-fights between the F4, but his loyalties are really for all of the F4 as a whole.

Character: Mimasaka Akira
Height: 179cm
Weight: 67kg
Blood Type:
Akira has always seemed in my mind to be "that long-haired one". He's the 4th member of the F4, and as far as I can tell, he has the least differentiated personality. The one thing I can say about him is that he is somewhat of a playboy like Nishikado is. However, unlike Nishikado who likes to have several girlfriends, Akira tends to only have one, but he prefers older women image Akira always hangs out with Nishikado. The two of them team up a lot to tease Rui and Doumyouji, and are currently trying to get Tsukushi and Doumyouji together whether they want to be together or not image Akira has the long wavy hair which he wears loose, or occasionally tied back into a ponytail.! Akira is 18 years old.

Side Characters

Shizuka Todo, Shigeru Okawara, Sakurako Sanjo, Sara Hinata

Kazuya Aoike, Junpei Oribe, Yuki Matsuoka

Umi Nakajima, Kaede Domyoji, Tsubaki Domyoji
Credit
Recollect: HYD Projectx
HYD Magic x
Emily's HYD Page x

Volumes: 37 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=328

Published by: Viz

Anime Episodes: 51 + 1 film

*This series has also live action drama

boys-over-flowers.jpg

07919_hanakabe-b2_122_23lo.jpg

Hana_Yori_Dango_by_Lilith90.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest precious4e

ohhh im reading it now!! currently up to volume 12 in English (must get the rest this summer)

i really love it!! its such a good story!!

i should really watch meteor garden which is based on it.... but i think i'll watch it after i finish reading the manga series.

Guest bloopy_babo

ohhh im reading it now!! currently up to volume 12 in English (must get the rest this summer)

i really love it!! its such a good story!!

i should really watch meteor garden which is based on it.... but i think i'll watch it after i finish reading the manga series.

NO WATCH THE JAPANESE HANA YORI DANGO.

trust me it is better. :D

Live Dramas

Hana Yori Dango [Japanese]x

Meteor Garden [Tawianese]x

Guest precious4e

they have a live action made after hana yori dango in Japan?? lol i wasn't aware

i know they have the anime... :mellow:

is the live action just called "hana yori dango"?????

Guest bloopy_babo

yeah. go check the thread. it was out last fall i think. i forget when but it was great. definetly followed the manga.

Guest death07

sorry for F4 band's fans but they r so ugly compared to the F4 in manga. I was so disappointed when watching it. I know I should compare but it cant be helped. Oh, I heard about the japanese version of this manga too however i havent had chance to watch it but I did take a look at the main actors/actress. Well, cant say much but the manga is still the best of all.

Guest Dama-san

Oh Hana Yori Dango is so great...at first just by looking at it, I was a bit...well scared?!, ´cos the artwork is not the best...

But the story is so great and I just have to laugh the whole time, while reading it, but there were several times I was almost crying...it´s a great manga.

i liked the japanese drama :]

i havent watched meteor garden.. well i saw the first episode..

but i dont really want to watch meteor garden. haha. :D

i will post the link to the japanese drama. its pretty good.

HANA YORI DANGO "J-DRAMA"

i also know where you can find scanlations.

if anyone is interested.

edit//

haha.. the link has already been posted.

oh well. :|

PICTURES:

you can really see how the author's drawing progressed.

i was really annoyed of the drawings when i first started reading it.

hanayoridango5jx.jpg

hydm1a0pp.jpg

hydm6a1de.jpg

hyd12tango6bm.jpg

hyd16trio9rs.jpg

hyd20autumnnap2ql.jpg

hyd25piggyback1ek.jpg

indexf59ji.gif

hanadan.net is a good site.

niko-niko.net as well.

by the end of the book, i thought tsukushi was so pretty.

I've read the manga! I agree the drawings changed a lot from beginning to the end. It was for the best though, cause the characters look a lot better. I didn't really like the ending, but I've read in numerous sites that there's going to be a manga sequel, confirmed by Margaret and to be released sometime this year. I SO hope that it's true!!

I've watched the anime and the Japanese live action as well (ahem, only a little obsessed ~dx). Both were good, though the anime is a bit old so the animation isn't as great as current animes. I love the Japanese Live Action. The characters are just so loveable! Tsukushi is just so adorable and Tsukasa is exactly how I pictured him to be (matsujun<3<3<3)

Guest Hot Fire Neko

I've watched the anime and the live action, and read a majority of the manga, and this is one of the few occassions where I would say I actually PREFERRED the anime and LA over the manga of a series.

Certain things they left out of the anime and LA feel like thinngs and characters that shouldn't have been there to begin with, like Makino's best friend and the many story archs around him.

That and the LA was just amazing for a series that came from a manga/anime. I suppose the opposite of that would be something like G.T.O. <_<

Guest 0529x

I really liked this Anime. This was aired in our place after the big hit Meteor Garden. It is really sweet and awesome. I mean DMS looks so so so handsome and bad boy really here than the actual one <3

Guest LuvCartoonz

I've watched the anime and the live action, and read a majority of the manga, and this is one of the few occassions where I would say I actually PREFERRED the anime and LA over the manga of a series.

Certain things they left out of the anime and LA feel like thinngs and characters that shouldn't have been there to begin with, like Makino's best friend and the many story archs around him.

That and the LA was just amazing for a series that came from a manga/anime. I suppose the opposite of that would be something like G.T.O. <_<

I watched/read this series a long while back, and I'm actually the complete opposite. I thought the manga was great, and depicted the storyline and characters well, while the anime and tv drama made was pretty bad. I have yet to see a good manga/manhwa turn into a decent drama. They never can capture the true essence of the manga/manhwa, and so much of the character's depth gets left out in the process.

Have yet to see the tv series live-action of G.T.O, but from the live-action movie, I thought they did rather well, esp in picking perfect characers who could actually portray the character right, and get somewhat of the feel that was there in the series.

Guest precious4e

^ clubbox or bittorent

you should check d-addicts

clubbox confuses the heck outta me! :blink:

and just to clarify... there's a total of 33 volumes out for HYD??

Archived