An Sohee 안소희

Guest Yoyo

Sohee really amazes everyone with her humble personality.. Instead of wearing overly expensive outfits she wore one really cheap dress at her VDL event. I love her so much for that xD

Sohee garners attention for her affordable $30 dress

Clothes that celebrities wear are bound to cause a commotion if they're extremely revealing or extremely expensive. But for Sohee's dress... it didn't fall under either one of those categories. 

In fact, the pretty pink dress that Sohee wore to a VDL event on March 10 was revealed to be a 38,900 KRW  (~$30 USD) no name brand piece from a stall in Dongdaemun. When people found out that the dress was an affordable piece from Dongdaemun, unsurprisingly, all the dresses were sold out within hours. Then there was the accusation that Sohee was trying to discreetly promote the store that sold the pink dress. 

The wearing of this particular dress has caused a controversy for some odd reason, so Sohee's side stepped forward with a statement on March 11, telling Sports Chosun, "[The dress] is a bonded product. It's not a promotional piece or a paid sponsorship but a sampling from the stylist in charge. Sohee isn't the type to demand brand names, and if something looks good on her and is pretty, she is able to pull off [the piece] that her stylist requests of her, and because it did look good on her, she decided to wear the dress," explaining that Sohee's wearing of the dress was not in an attempt to promote a specific store. 

ji3SVug.png

Source: Allkpop

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Thank you for the Sohee updates! :)

It's the Sohee effect again. She does look really good in the dress. So pretty in pink :wub: It's nice to see her in the media again these past few months. I miss her. Hope she'll pick up a few more other filming projects this year in addition to 'Single Rider'.

^ No problem, shirayuri :) I'm happy to share Sohee news~ ^^

I'm sure we will see her a lot the next months.. she is still a "full" model for VDL which means she should have more activities for them. Maybe they will do another event soon. I hope (:

And then she will probably do promotion for "Busan Bound" together with her co-actors as soon as the movie will come out in July this year! For "Some Like It Hot" she also attended several events when the movie premiered. So let's keep looking forward to this ^^

Additionally when the new movie comes out and there will be talks about how the actors did and so on, Sohee will gain more attention as well, which will land her more magazine photoshoots again :D

Info about Sohee's new movie "Single Rider". This is copied from qoxie's twitter.

K-netz reactions to Sohee's movie, re-translated.

Lee Byung-hun, Gong Hyo-jin, Ahn Sohee confirmed to star in 'Single Rider'; filming begins on March 21

On March 17, a source for Korean movie 'Single Rider' confirmed that actors Lee Byung-hun, Gong Hyo-jin & Ahn Sohee are starring in 'Single Rider'. Filming will begin in March 21, with the planned release slated for the second half of the year.

Reportedly, the film is a mystery thriller about what happened to a guy who suddenly disappeared after shocking Korean society. Lee Byung-hun plays the central character. Gong Hyo-jin plays a violinist who lives in Australia. Ahn Sohee plays a Korean student who is working in Australia to earn money, while dreaming to return home.

1.[+1245 -269] I quite like how Sohee is making headway with supporting roles. Do film it diligently!
2.[+876 -75] Hope Gong Hyo-jin's movie is daebak. Keke.
3.[+600 -77] Sohee, Gong Hyo-jin hwaiting!!! Hope your movie is daebak. Keke.
4.[+462 -52] Hope Gong Hyo-jin gets to show her awesome acting skills onscreen. Looking forward to Single Rider, movie to daebak.
5.[+515 -98] The lineup itself is different from the rest.
6.[+126 -21] All Lee Byung-hun has to do is to act well to turn the page!...
7.[+93 -15] The central character whose deed impacted Korea. KKKKKKKKKK. Looks & acting skills don't match at all.
8.[+78 -18] Getting to see both Gong Hyo-jin & Ahn Sohee in the same project! So happy, looking forward. *heart*

李秉宪·孔孝真·安昭熙确定出演《单身骑手》 21日开拍

17日,韩国电影《单身骑手》方面透露,演员李秉宪、孔晓振(孔孝真)、安昭熙确定出演电影《单身骑手》,21日开拍,计划下半年上映。
据悉,该片讲述的是一名让韩国社会震惊的男子在突然失踪后发生的一系列神秘故事,李秉宪在该剧中饰演这个核心人物,孔晓振饰演在澳大利亚生活的小提琴手,安昭熙饰演在澳大利亚工作挣钱后带着梦想回国的韩国学生。

1.[+1245 -269]看昭熙从助演开始一步一步向前走的样子挺喜欢的,希望你用心拍哦!
2.[+876 -75]希望孔布利的电影大发呵呵
3.[+600 -77]昭熙孔布利加油!!!希望你们的电影大发呜呜
4.[+462 -52]希望孔晓振在银幕面前也展现帅气的演技k同样期待单身骑手,电影大发吧
5.[+515 -98]从阵容就开始与众不同了呢
6.[+126 -21]这样那样李秉宪因为演技好结果就这样翻篇了啊!…
7.[+93 -15]让大韩民国受冲击的事件核心人物kkkkkkkkkkk貌似和演技一点儿也不搭
8.[+78 -18]能在一部作品中看到可爱的孔布利和安昭熙两位!真开心,期待哦

K-source: OSEN
C-translator: K-Day韩流资讯站
Re-translator: qoxie
Source: http://weibo.com/p/1001603954027867015987

==========
HanCinema has a fuller account of the press release:

Lee Byung-hun, Kong Hyo-jin and Ahn So-hee to star in "Single Rider", to start in Australia on the 21st

Actor and actresses Lee Byung-hun, Kong Hyo-jin and Ahn So-hee are starring in the new movie "Single Rider" starting this 21st in Australia.

"Single Rider" is a mystery thriller about a man of issue going dark suddenly one day. The movie is the debuting work of Director Lee Zoo-young from the Korean School of Arts.

Lee Byung-hun takes on the role of 'the man' Jae-hoon. Kong Hyo-jin takes on the role of Soo-jin, a violinist who lives in Australia with her son and Ahn So-hee is a student named Jina who dreams of going back to Korea with money made on her working-holiday.

Lee Byung-hun said he was attracted to the scenario for its unexpected layout and exotic story. He wants to share the surprise with the public.

Kong Hyo-jin said she waited for the chance to work with Lee Byung-hun. The scenario is intense and she is excited about it.

Ahn So-hee said she is happy to meet Jina and even happier to learn from Lee Byung-hun and Kong Hyo-jin.

"Single Rider" will be taken in Australia and Korea.

K-source : http://sbsfune.sbs.co.kr/news/news_content.jsp?article_id=E10007592748
Permalink: http://www.hancinema.net/lee-byung-hun-kong-hyo-jin-and-ahn-so-hee-to-star-in-single-rider-to-start-in-australia-on-the-21st-92498.html

• 2 weeks later...

Sohee had a photoshoot for W Korea

YKO4oQR3

The complete shoot can be seen here

Plus, Sohee was on Get It Beauty, but I will post the video as soon as On Style uploads it to Youtube.

Meanwhile here are some pictures. First one is from Onstyle's IG

et76cvQz.jpg

And the next two images are from kanghanbit and unjo32 on Naver
QE4v5VE5.jpg
LudbREJL.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

It looks like there will be no official upload of Sohee @ Get It Beauty so here is a link to WG World Cafe's upload on Dailymotion

Other than that there have been quite some news. Most of it is of Sohee being spotted in Sydney.

Probably Sohee in the streets with a friend

TgWd2lNb.jpg

Credit: jihye.dy

Sohee and Gong Hyo Jin shopping in Acne Studios in Sydney on April 9

yiyTzD9z.jpg
a5re4vpz.jpg
iPOz9Iwg.jpg

Credit as tagged

Sohee filming a scene for Single Rider with Lee Byung-hun in Sydney on April 14

AUF81f4Q.jpg

Source: yongbro_

Sohee returning to Korea on April 18

Seuvr3d.jpg

Still cut from the movie Train to Busan

ZCWMPusi.jpg

And screenshots from a short trailer for the same movie

ChmYTodUYAAMW6P.jpg:large

The trailer can be seen here or reuploaded on Youtube

Sohee can be seen in photos of the finishing party for Single Rider

zZWEPhgM.jpg

Credit: sungchojeon

fu4XjG8y.jpg

Credit: subinycious

And Sunmi shared two photos of Sohee from Korean "rose day" on 160511

dzoifrq2.jpg
CY2d62xX.jpg

Source: Sunmi's IG

Here is one more little clip of Sohee giving a "mission" to the next person in Get It Beauty

Furthermore there are news that Sohee has been cast as the top actress in a new tvN drama called "Entourage".

More detailed info will probably come out soon! Let's look forward to this!!

@HyeKari Thanks for always updating this thread :> I always come here to get news about Sohee!!!

I really miss Sohee as actress. Finally there's a news of her getting a role, and it's a lead role!!! It's been more than a year since her last role on Tv drama and it was a second role... and before that we never really had any role for Sohee either... She definitely needs more roles in dramas, hopefully this lead role is confirmed and after that she can get many more roles. I really can't wait to see her in another drama, I miss her!

@ManaSmile No problem at all ^^ And yup I'm also really happy that she will get a lead role this time. Although there were reports that she is only just reviewing the role, so the decision is not final yet. However, the filming for the new drama is said to start at the end of this month already, so she has to make up her mind! Well.. she probably already did and is preparing for it now. I think it will be a very good role and drama. I'm so glad that she's having many projects this year with her two movies coming out and now even the drama!

Here's the official character description for her role in 'Train to Busan' that I haven't posted here yet

kVvrareR.jpg

Ahn So Hee Confirmed For Role As Seo Kang Joon’s First Love In “Entourage”

Ahn So Hee has been confirmed for new tvN drama “Entourage.”

“Ahn So Hee is currently preparing hard in order to show you a different side of herself that hasn’t been seen in her previous dramas and movies. We ask for a lot anticipation,” the actress’s management agency KeyEast Entertainment comments.

In “Entourage,” Ahn So Hee will play a female actress who is Seo Kang Joon’s character first love. Fans can look forward to a character who is haughty on the outside but warmhearted on the inside.

“Entourage” is the HBO remake of the hit U.S. drama series of the same name. So far Jo Jin Woong, Seo Kang Joon, Lee Kwang Soo, Park Jung Min, Lee Dong Hwi, and Kim Hae In have been confirmed for the drama.

The drama is entering into production in late May and aiming for a premiere by the end of this year.

Are you looking forward to seeing Ahn So Hee act opposite of Seo Kang Joon?

Source (1) & Soompi

Some more info about "Entourage":

Entourage will start filming on May 23 and will be airing from October 2016. The runtime will be Fridays & Saturdays at 23:30 (11:30 PM)

Plus someone shared another photo of Sohee during filming for Single Rider in Sydney. This was on 160321

rjEev4sx.jpg

Credit: yongwoo116

And a short video:

• 2 weeks later...

Shooting for Entourage has begun and finally there are also some snaps of Sohee..

According to the sources this was in Samcheong-dong, Seoul.

Get ready for some more photos soon!

7yGA9G7x.jpg

Credit: happyzzam

More smaller photos:

gXmN7aQz.jpg
yZPqywab.jpg
Jqu70lDs.jpg

Credit as tagged

Photos from the script reading for Entourage came out today. However the script reading session already took place on May 28.

As you can see right next to Sohee is Amber from F(x). She will make her acting debut in this drama! I think the cast is really awesome! The drama is sure to be fun ^^

ug2ksuXj.jpg
Bow02TKp.jpg

Sohee was at the VIP premiere of "Goodbye Single" today (160613)

soheegoodbyesingle1.jpg

soheegoodbyesingle2.jpg

Sohee received so much hate from K-Netizens for her appearance at this VIP premiere :( It really breaks my heart.

I won't post the comments here but you can read them on Netizenbuzz. Korean fans are extremely shallow. All they care about is looks and every idol or actress has to look exactly like the beauty standard. I love Sohee because she does not look like ALL those same looking plastic girls in the K-industry >.>

I think it's just because of the "unpretty" outfit. When she was wearing that cute pink dress for her VDL event everyone was praising her. Go figure.

I'm just happy with all these recent Sohee updates.

Yeah, I read the comments and wasn't surprised by the negativity. It's from Nate and that site basically thrives on hateful comments and NB thrives on those comments from Nate. Just look at the hateful comments towards Sunmi recent public appearance and Goo Hara's article on the same day. I still remember knetz spewing hate and accusing Sohee of ps when her heavily photo shopped VDL pictorial came out. Now that that narrative proves untrue they're picking on other things. It's annoying and somewhat saddening to read but most of the time these hate won't really matter in the scheme of things.

I hope that Sohee's upcoming projects will do well and show her maturing as an actress. That's the best form of response towards the hate and the knetz can continue to seethe all they want :phew:   

^ That's true K-Netz were upset about that one VDL photo because Sohee looked like she had PS. Now that she is obviously still her natural self they kind of accuse her of NOT having ps. Do you know what I mean? They say she looks ugly and that so many things about her face aren't pretty and not suitable for an actress, so in other words they are dictating her to get surgery in order to fix this. Gosh I hate those people. So two-faced.

I will be really happy when Train to Busan comes out and also Single Rider and Entourage and prove that Sohee is a great actress. As soon as she gets a lead role she will be popular again and then everyone of those people will praise her for looking natural. You'll see >_>

First photos of Sohee's new photoshoot for Nylon surfaced.

The first is the front cover of the July edition

qNJI9gWC.jpg

And the second one is a b-cut by youryung
31cwUZCC.jpg

And two new photos of when Sohee was filming for Single Rider in Sydney

gHyyER4a.jpg
RyYuFcgf.jpg

Credit: hipoohki

Archived