An Sohee 안소희

Guest Yoyo

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BH Entertainment shared a news article on Facebook an hour or two ago. Google translate was really pissing me off but the majority of the headlines had "Sohee-Effect" in it. Turns out that the foundation product that Sohee's currently endorsing and the lipstick color she was wearing at her first VDL fan signing event has been selling rapidly to the point where retailers are having a hard  time to keep up with the sudden demand. 
... It's definitely the Sohee effect alright.

Guest renny_1027

First is Reebok Classic sales, now is VDL cosmestics.
Sohee's effects -***  :x  :x :x

Cannot wait to see OnStyle photoshoot of TOP and Sohee. I always wanted to see moments or interactions of Sohee and the other idols, esp not in JYPE, but as we all know Sohee's personality, it hardly happens. So, the news of TOPSOHEE makes me feel like it's a dream. I thought it's maybe a girl look alike Sohee, not real Sohee until it's confirmed :P. #WonderBangNeverDies

March nearly comes to end. I want to hear news about her indie movie soon T.T

I'm honestly so happy with the way things are going on for Sohee! She joined BHent what? 1-2 months ago? already new endorsement for VDL with fansign event and several pics, and then a Reebok Cm with TOP? This makes me so happy. I didn't ever expect to see Sohee and TOP together again, so many years after their Mc'ing together XD
Sohee looked perfect during the fansign event, and the pics of her hair "flying" because of the wind, she looks way too adorable! and I did notice that Sohee looks a lot happier now. She smiles a lot, and seems happy while doing her activities!
I do think Sohee leaving WG/Jype is a good decision... I do know fans will always see her as a Wonder Girl and I'm fine with it! But I also hope fans work hard along with Sohee to help her transition from "Wonder Girls Sohee" to "actress An Sohee" (I wrote "Ahn" before but it seems to be "An" now XD). I do my best to treat her like an actress; it's a new beginning. Just like people call actresses by full names usually, I write "An Sohee" more than just "Sohee", and I avoid adding "WG" to her name, not because I want to deny her career in WG, but because I want to help my best for Sohee to be successful in her new path. about her twitter, I think Sohee is considerate with fans so she won't delete or change the username, but she might stop using it. a bit of a waste because of all the followers, but it would be a sad decision if she decides to change the username and remove "WG", but also a bad decision to keep using it when it has "WG" and she isn't with them anymore. It was kind of a bad decision to include "WG" in their usernames to begin with, tbh XD ah well.
So far she only has commercials and endorsements but it's a beginning, a good one! BHent reporting all her news on facebook (with the messages by Sohee -* haha) is a great way to keep fans updated. I'm waiting for acting projects since it's my main interest. I'm really excited for her first roles, wishing that BHent give her a minimum of 2-3 different roles by year! It also seems like korean people are receiving Sohee's news well, there isn't any bashing, it makes me happy.
I love to see that her endorsements are giving positive reactions and increase in sales! It's a proof of her success! the "Sohee effect" is real and still strong, hope to see that same "Sohee effect" for future endorsements and roles! hehe.

Have to share these! Dispatch uploaded two more HD pictures of Sohee. It seems these were taken by a different photographer cause the angle and the lighting is different.

dispatch14.jpg

dispatch13.jpg

Found an even bigger version of this VDL pic of Sohee below. Oddly this version has ligther lipstick than the before released one x3 But the details are even clearer I just had to share
vdl1sohee3b.jpg

I don't know about you guys but I can't get enough of Sohee's photos from the fansigning :D

There were a few news articles with "Sohee Effect" in the title but I guess none of the sites are going to translate it. Thankfully a fan did a rough translation. 
R52gT2G.jpg
source: @CHICnG_@twitter

Sohee has always done well with her endorsement products since signing on from Tommy Hilfiger to Reebok. Now it's with cosmetics brand VDL. I'm so proud of her and I'm glad the "Sohee effect" title is still used. Hopefully more companies will take notice and sign her on for more CF's.

I wasn't sure at first because it was my first time hearing about VDL but I heard from a friend that has visited Korea before that it's actually a very high end product located in Gangnam. I'm not sure what the 'drug store' products in Korea are, but apparently VDL is not among the drug store brands but among the higher end ones. It might not be as expensive and high class as Lancome but apparently it's not that very far from it too.
So happy that Sohee was chosen as the endorsement model for their newest foundation product, and it doesn't look like VDL made a bad choice at that either.

Guest bonjour tristesse.

@Yoyo VDL's is basically comparable to Tony Moly and Nature Republic ;)
Anyways, I'm really happy to hear about Sohee Effect and the fact that VDL is doing so well with their products because Sohee is advertising them. With this, it's likely that we'll see Sohee advertising for more products in Korea, seeing how well she's doing as the face of VDL and Reebok. 

Yay for the Sohee Effect! 
I think VDL was just recently founded circa late 2012 so im quite curious as to what price BHEnt. has put with Sohee's name. I highly doubt a new cosmetics brand would pay ridiculous amounts of money for an endorser right off the bat, although VDL is owned by LG; better know for their electronics and appliances. I've read that VDL's ranges are most similar to MAC but is very affordable.
I remember back then when a list came out for the asking prices for endorsement deals for artists and the value the Wonder Girls had was one of the top but they just weren't seen as the best and probably was too expensive for companies to invest in. But when they do snag endorsement deals, like EXR, they manage to raise the sales by almost 120%!

Guest adikkeluangman

I think that Sohee got offered on regular basis but maybe she turned it down coz the product or brand it not up to her image that she want to project or anything. Not too forget she also finishes her high school education(?).
Isn't that she got some time after her contract finished with JYPE and she been looking around for new management. Maybe at that time she got the offer but being free-agent alone is not easy, because need to do things that usually be done by a manager or management company. So when she signed the contract with BH Ent, the offer that she got can easily been settled properly. 
Like Reebok contract, she already with them while still under JYPE and she finished her contract term. Then when entered new company, Reebok can easily sign her again.
I also hope that Sohee transition from idol to actress as successful like Yoon Eun Hye, Hwang Jung Eum and Jung Ryeo Won. She still young and all her knowledge and networking that she gain while under JYPE  will help her through. 

Guest bonjour tristesse.

I'm pretty sure VDL paid a large amount for Sohee's name. That's pretty much the marketing strategy when it comes to new brands in Korea. They get someone popular with the public so that they can attract customers to buy their product. Her fashion sense has always intrigued the public so they probably sought her as a match. Or BHE might know a couple of people from VDL, there's that possibility too.
I think Sohee was offered advertisements and roles often too when she was still under JYPE but I don't think she turned them down personally because she doesn't want to. I think it was more of her management that turned them down. 

I absolutely loveeeeee that picture. It just shows that they made an effort to bring Sohee out into their gatherings and all. I was worried at first because Sohee isn't familiar with any of the faces and there wasn't any news of her interacting with them either while with JYP Nation she has trained and debuted with those people which is why she's much closer with them. I pretty much gave up with the interaction between her and her fellow actors and actresses but I guess I'm wrong!
Sohee's personality is shy but it's nice to see her in an outing with her fellow BH Entertainment family. I'm hoping to see more, or maybe it was after a company pictorial shoot. (lol, I wish.)

Sohee's face is so incredibly cute in all possible ways, it's astonishing. Even though she looks so natural (which is her trademark look) she is so extraordinary in a way.
Maybe it's her still very child-like face. I know she would hate to read this comment lol.. but I think that's why she is so popular. So many people adore her!
If I would sit near her in a meeting I would stare at her all the time XD I'd love to know how her new collegues treat her in an outing like this. I hope they treat her with respect despite her adorable looks. I think looking at this photos we don't have to worry about this tough. Everyone in there has such a relaxed expression. No bad feelings to be seen at all which is very great! I was worried that she might feel uncomfortable as well but now I think she's with the right people!
What a relief ^_^

Guest bonjour tristesse.

Looks like some are drinking soju too since there's that green bottle there. Makes me wonder if Sohee drinks lol. Anyways, I'm not sure if this is posted on the main WG thread but I don't think it's been posted here? It's basically photos of the VDL store in Gangnam.
tumblr_n2sl33vIKe1rflmpoo1_500.jpg
tumblr_n2sl33vIKe1rflmpoo2_500.jpgtumblr_n2sl33vIKe1rflmpoo3_500.jpg
cr youbina37|naver

Guest renny_1027

Sohee and her new family members, yeah :-bd, that's what I always want to see it's happening :\">.
I'm a little worried that maybe it'd take her more time to open and get close with new family members. But I think I dont need to worry anymore :).
I hope they ask her out more often, imagine she's with Han Hyo Joo, Han Gain, Han Jimin and male actors: Go Soo, and esp Lee Byung Hun in a family meeting like this. OMGGG!!!

Guest adikkeluangman

^Well, actor Go Soo no longer with BH Ent. Sohee is old enough to drink soju anyway. 
Love that BH Ent use partial English in updating Sohee status on FB. So far only idols company that do that due to their international fans. But nowadays actors management company also wrote status in English. At least fans can get some basic info about their actors activities.

Sohee spotted in a new photo with Ha Yeon Soo and Bae Soo Bin
sohee.jpg
On March 30th, actress Ha Yeon Soo uploaded on her Facebook a new photo and wrote,"Again, having dinner together! Our family members' hearts are literally getting warm. bh. be happy"

Aside from Ha Yeon Soo, actor Bae Soo Bin and Sohee were also spotted in the photo. Ever since she signed a contract with BH Entertainment, this is the first time that Sohee was seen together with people from the same company. The atmosphere in the photo was friendly, so it seems she is doing well in her new family.

Sohee's contract with JYP Entertainment expired on last December 21st and she joined BH Entertainment to pursue her acting career in February this year.

source: DKPOPNEWS Official 

Yeah, it's nice to see Sohee with people from her new company and they have the likes of Ha Yeon Soo and Shim Eun Kyung who are closer in age to Sohee too. A number of articles about the photo came up today and both Sohee and Ha Yeon Soo trended on Naver for a bit.

Guest renny_1027

adikkeluangman said: ^Well, actor Go Soo no longer with BH Ent. Sohee is old enough to drink soju anyway. 
Love that BH Ent use partial English in updating Sohee status on FB. So far only idols company that do that due to their international fans. But nowadays actors management company also wrote status in English. At least fans can get some basic info about their actors activities.

Archived