An Sohee 안소희

Guest Yoyo

@AsherTua: I think she always looks shiny for photoshootings but in the final pictures it always looks perfect =D I guess it's the best way to do make-up for photos because it looks "real" since it's not too mat. I think it's great because it shows how perfect her skin really is! She's so flawless~

@Yoyo: Yeah I think so, too. Sohee probably feels really different now that she made a fresh start. It must feel good to her to finally have a clear idea of how her future is going to be. A year or so ago it must have been all very uncertain so I can imagine her feeling very relieved now ^_^

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ I definitely agree.

VDL releases BTS clip of new endorsement model Sohee

Sohee recently became the new domestic and international face of cosmetics brand VDL, and the new company released a behind-the-scenes clip from the shoot.
The VDL ad marks Sohee's first endorsement as a BH Entertainment celebrity. She'll be promoting its new product 'VDL beauty metal cushion foundation'. In the clip, Sohee discusses how happy she is to represent VDL and the line 'metal cushion' line, which allows for a quick application.source: allkpop

HyeKari said: Is it just me or is Sohee alot more self-confident and happy during this interview? I remember in her last interviews for cosmetics/photoshootings she always seemed so extremely tired! This time she seems so lively and excited and I love her English part at the end! OMG Sohee rocks! Can't wait for more! ^.^

HyeKari said: Is it just me or is Sohee alot more self-confident and happy during this interview? I remember in her last interviews for cosmetics/photoshootings she always seemed so extremely tired! This time she seems so lively and excited and I love her English part at the end! OMG Sohee rocks! Can't wait for more! ^.^

Guest bonjour tristesse.

I'm a little late on commenting but am I the only one who missed Sohee's voice? I practically squealed when she started talking! I so agree, she seems more confident with speaking (or maybe she always was, just overshadowed by the other more talkative members during interviews). And I gotta agree with her pronounciation, it improved so much! I'm excited for more VDL related stuff and more videos too! :))
Also, I probably missed the answer to this but is Sohee not endorsing for Reebok anymore since her contract with JYP expired?

@bonjour tristesse.: You're right, it's been a long time since we heard Sohee's voice! She still speaks so soft and quietly as before but I love it, too :3

I think her endorsement for Reebok had nothing really to do with JYPE. She probably had a contract with Reebok for a specific number of shootings. Reebok hasn't updated any new stuff on Sohee so I guess her endorsement for them is over. There is usually no official announcement about endorsement endings I think.

^ Seriously, you guys are not the only one who has missed her voice! 
I wonder when the CF's will be released. Sohee has always been a great CF model, she actually came in first in for bringing Tommy Hilfiger's profit sales up compared to the other idols. Reebok's profits also sky rocketed by 200% after she started endorsing for them as well. I'm excited to see how Sohee will fare with a cosmetics product but I'm sure she'll do just as well :) 
Hm, I'm not too sure if it is or if it's not related to JYPE, because Sohee took over Reeboks endorsement deal after Suzy, Taecyeon, Wooyoung and JYP (and did a lot better in sales imo.) Reebok were frequently releasing pictorials of Sohee prior to her contract expiration, so maybe its true that after her contract with JYP expired that she stopped for Reebok as well since JYP has partnership with Reebok...

^ Oh I didn't know that JYPE had a partnership with Reebok! Hmm maybe that's really the reason for the sudden stop.

I'm so proud of Sohee that her endorsed products did so well in sales! She should do fashion shootings again in the future! But I must say I really love the cosmetic shootings as well because we usually get some HQ close up photos then hehe :D

I'm pretty sure she will do well as a VDL model! They chose her to endorse a skin product on propose because alot of women have expressed that they would like to have skin like Sohee's. She's perfect for this type of product!

Guest bonjour tristesse.

@HyeKari: They usually announce it but (i.e Dara leaving Etude House, etc) since I'm pretty unfamiliar with Reebok, I didn't know whether they were going to continue using Sohee as their endorser. Plus, I'd assume it did (prior to Yoyo saying JYP and Reebok had a partnership) since the companies are usually the ones that sign for endorsement deals.
But bummer, I really enjoyed Sohee as the endorser for Reebok so it's a bit sad if her contract with Reebok has ended. 

Guest bonjour tristesse.

^ Well that I have to agree with. Sohee usually does very well when it comes to clothing brands so hopefully, she'll have an endorsement deal with one soon. 

Am I the only one who wants to see her endorse a brand with a famous male actor/idol? So far, all her endorsements is just with her alone. I'd like to see some interactions with other stars in the industry! She modeled with Ahn Jae Hyun back when she was still endorsing for Tommy Hilfiger but he wasn't as well known as he is now. I think 8seconds and Reebok were the only endorsements that she shot a CF for, so I'd like to see her endorse a brand that would give her some CF's!

^Yes! I'd like to see that happening too 8-> I guess for her to start garnering more CF offers, they need to have her working on acting projects again. They said that she wouldn't mind starting with smaller roles and I think that's a smart step to re-launch her acting career but I do wish that we at least get to see her working with the young actors around her age group.

^ Definitely agree with that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember Sohee also received praises back then for selecting 'Happy! Rose Day' as her first acting comeback since 'Some Like It Hot' because it was only a one episode drama and netizens praised her for choosing to work her way up; unlike other idols who hops on the main roles. So I'm quite happy that her agency made it clear that Sohee is not out there to grab the leading roles, but instead, she's out there to grab roles that would best interests her.
BH Entertainment had announced that Sohee had taken on a thriller indie film, and I'm hoping to hear more news about it. Hopefully we'll hear more news of her activities besides her endorsements soon! I'd love to see her in a drama soon.

NEWS~

Sohee posted on her Facebook page that she will have a VDL fansigning on March 20! It's for the launch of the Metal Cushion Foundation that she endorses!! Hope there will be loads of nice pictures! Yay can't wait ^^

Edit: By the way http://blog.naver.com/vdlcosmetic updated their background image with Sohee and it's now a version with her foot not cut off x3 It's a small change but it's nice to have the updated picture. The new picture is a bit smaller than before though, so I edited both together to have the best quality x3

VDL1Sohee7.jpg

Archived