[Drama 2009] Swallow The Sun 태양을 삼켜라

Guest yeohweping

i re-posted Luv's post from page 41 regarding Africa for JW's storyline...

although i'm nost sure how SH ended up in Africa and for what reason... i guess we will just

have to wait and see...

Jung-woo saves the life of the king of a small African nation and is asked by the king to rescue his son from the rebels in return for rights to a diamond mine. So Jung-woo heads to Africa, risking his life to claim the mine. Meanwhile, Tae-hyuk and Soo-hyun return to Seogwipo city on Jeju island at Chairman Jang’s request. Tae-hyuk is put in charge of managing a hotel there while Soo-hyun becomes the head of event planning. After gaining control of the diamond mine in African, Jung-woo returns to Jeju and engages in a struggle against chairman Jang and Tae-hyuk… He learns a shocking secret that shakes the foundation of his very existence.

regarding SYR's acting... i think she's doing a good job so far... i will admit that i only saw her in 2 dramas (SQ and HGD),

so i'm not really an expert in analyzing her talents... i just know that so far she's doing a good job...

so far the ratings have been decent, hope it will be maintained and rise as the story develops, HGD's ratings is actually lower now compare to STS, it averaged 14.7% overall... while STS, even in its early stages has surpassed that mark...

and i hope our dear Lee Wan fully recovers and continue with the production giving his awesome performance as

TH...which i can see it now, will make me very very angry :angry: not at LW but at TH :lol:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mdkna

so bummed out about the ratings especially the good script/directing/cinematographyand especially ji sung great acting it deserves much higher rating

like someone said in the previous post, SH blushed after the kiss. there's nothing wrong with the smile.

As for her response to the news, the manager did not mean it when he described the news as 'bad'. For an inexperienced worker, being able to work in overseas and participate in big projects is definitely a good news, even greater news than being accepted as an official employee. Right at this point of the drama, to SH, career is more important than love esp. when the love is still not so deep. She was so overwhelmed with the good news that she couldn't wait to share it with JW, and also at the same time, she was expecting JW to confess his love to her. Having to separate with JW for 6 months isn't bad if JW confesses to her after hearing the news. She'll definitely accept him. Unfortunately his reaction wasn't what she was expecting, that is why she only felt disappointed and upset after seeing his response.

The story, as expected, focus more on the guys. SYR doesn't have much chance to shine, given her limited screen time. But i think she's doing fine in this drama, her acting is natural.

regarding the ratings, its not the fault of any of the actors. seems like ratings on Wed-Thurs are usually lower than on other days. Previous dramas of the same time slot with the highest rating like Cain and Abel and City Hall only averaged at 16++%. i just hope STS could maintain the top spot :unsure:

Guest yooki

Been catching up with this thread and really enjoying ALL.

LUV - thanks so much for your screen caps - appreciate your time!!

Jill - your thumbs and comments - always a joy to read!

2uss - your fan art ROCKS! Please continue to share with us.

So far, I'm enjoying this drama. I feel I need to watch and re-watch just to follow the storyline carefully. So far, I do like the acting of JS, LW and SYR. Some things seem predictable, yet there's always a twist and turn around the corner. I will watch this to the end and hope the ratings continue to increase.

As one who lives here in Vegas, I enjoy watching how the city plays a role in this drama. I see that they did quite a lot of filming in the MGM. I believe this is a first for the Cirque du Soleil production to be featured in a K-drama and to see the BTS is great. The missing "M" on the MGM was a bit strange. It's also fun to figure out where they filmed - be it a hotel or scenic location. Vegas today has become more casual, even in the more upscale venues. I've seen patrons wearing jeans and t-shrits in the high end steak houses. In the past, I remember having to dress up for dinner and a show - men were required to wear a jacket and tie - now it's suggested. However, you do see those "dressed to the nines".

On to Africa and JS's long hair.

Guest nellythong

like someone said in the previous post, SH blushed after the kiss. there's nothing wrong with the smile.

As for her response to the news, the manager did not mean it when he described the news as 'bad'. For an inexperienced worker, being able to work in overseas and participate in big projects is definitely a good news, even greater news than being accepted as an official employee. Right at this point of the drama, to SH, career is more important than love esp. when the love is still not so deep. She was so overwhelmed with the good news that she couldn't wait to share it with JW, and also at the same time, she was expecting JW to confess his love to her. Having to separate from JW for 6 months isn't bad if JW confesses to her after hearing the news. She'll definitely accept him. Unfortunately his reaction wasn't what she was expecting, that is why she only felt disappointed and upset after seeing his response.

The story, as expected, focus more on the guys. SYR doesn't have much chance to shine, given her limited screen time. But i think she's doing fine in this drama, her acting is natural.

regarding the ratings, its not the fault of any of the actors. seems like ratings on Wed-Thurs are usually lower than on other days. Previous dramas of the same time slot with the highest rating like Cain and Abel and City Hall only averaged at 16++%. i just hope STS could maintain the top spot :unsure:

Hello,

Can someone forward me the link to watch with Eng Sub.

Thanks alot

As for her response to the news, the manager did not mean it when he described the news as 'bad'. For an inexperienced worker, being able to work in overseas and participate in big projects is definitely a good news, even greater news than being accepted as an official employee. Right at this point of the drama, to SH, career is more important than love esp. when the love is still not so deep. She was so overwhelmed with the good news that she couldn't wait to share it with JW, and also at the same time, she was expecting JW to confess his love to her. Having to separate from JW for 6 months isn't bad if JW confesses to her after hearing the news. She'll definitely accept him. Unfortunately his reaction wasn't what she was expecting, that is why she only felt disappointed and upset after seeing his response.

I totally agreed with what you hv written, I don't find SYR acting boring at all, but in fact I find her doing well in STS. She did protray different acting abilities in all all dramas such as Snow Queen (icy queen), Hong Gil Dong (cute and funny) and STS (mature and sweet).

Please don't pick at her as every actresses hv different ways of presenting their acting skills, just hope that SYR can get more people and fans support.

SYR hwaiting, I love the pairing in STS with Ji Sung, Lee Wan with SYR.

very good points cjoey

yes, lets hope for STS continued success thus far

2uss - your fan art ROCKS! Please continue to share with us.

hey!!! yooki from TSH?? ehehhe a fellow SSH fan :D

yesss let's continue to support SSH's good friend Ji Sung in this great drama ;)

As one who lives here in Vegas, I enjoy watching how the city plays a role in this drama. I see that they did quite a lot of filming in the MGM. I believe this is a first for the Cirque du Soleil production to be featured in a K-drama and to see the BTS is great. The missing "M" on the MGM was a bit strange. It's also fun to figure out where they filmed - be it a hotel or scenic location. Vegas today has become more casual, even in the more upscale venues. I've seen patrons wearing jeans and t-shrits in the high end steak houses. In the past, I remember having to dress up for dinner and a show - men were required to wear a jacket and tie - now it's suggested. However, you do see those "dressed to the nines".

very interesting... coming from you, a Las Vegas resident

On to Africa and JS's long hair.

can't wait for the Africa scenes later on... i think there's another character (a bald guy with a go-T) that will

work with JW and Jackson later on... (from what i saw in the trailers and official photos)

Please don't pick at her as every actresses hv different ways of presenting their acting skills, just hope that SYR can get more people and fans support.

don't worry, SYR have a lot of support... most importantly in Korea, where it matters most if you ask me ;)

Guest QuynhTrang

the ending will be really sad!!! especially when she find out JW and TH father

kill her parent and took her house =[

Guest phoony

Just wanna know does korean audiences love to watch Sung Yuri drama?? Any rating support on her? I watched STS coz of her :lol: .

the ending will be really sad!!! especially when she find out JW and TH father

kill her parent and took her house =[

Oh really? Did Jang Minho kill her parents as well?

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all of your contribution in this board. I really enjoy reading it so far. For SYR's cloths, I think we should not blame on her. It should be under the costume designer who arranges cloths for her, right? She looks nice and natural in every outfit any way. About her acting, for me it is fine so far. There are just not many intensed scenes or very challenged so far. No matter what, I will continue watching this series any way.

Hope LW's skin will be recovered real soon.

Guest sakura_dubai

There are many different views and all of them make sense.

I wanna see more of Yuri's skills and more excitement in this drama.. So far, we can tell that the focus was on SH and JW relationship on last's two episodes.. it was kinda short though and maybe that's why i couldn't really understood how and why SH falls in luv with JW.. We can tell that he really loves her from the very beginning.. but the development in their relationship has been expressed in barbecue trip and dinner in a luxurious restaurant.. and less of showing their charismatic interaction when they are together.. so I wasn't still sure if she really loves him back or she just spends the time with him as a friend.. do you know what i mean? That was kinda short.. but .. he is going to south africa.. and she was really surprised why he would go there (in the preview).. so i wonder now.. when the next time of their meeting is going to be! Is she going to look for him in South Africa? Or is he going back to Jeju islands after his mission is done and finds out about his father.. and what goes within this .. and see her again..

Regarding her way of dressing.. I still think that at least.. she should have wore different ones from time to time..

i mean.. i dont think she is that poor.. she has been working so hard in many different places and she had saved a lot for sure.. Plus, I'm sure things will be like 50/50 between her and her friend. So of course, she doesnt want to spend money anyway. Her friends wear different things for different times.. but I can totally notice that SH doesn't change any. plus, you guys noticed that she had her Bday alone in that expensive restaurant.. and makes me wonder how she could offer to spend on that .. as many of you said..

about the "little kiss on cheek", comparing the two acting.. don't you think you were really attracted to the reaction of JW more than SH? I mean.. he was sooooo shocked.. never expected it at all.. but she kept smiling many times.. i mean maybe that's not her fault.. the director should have focused on the music and on they eyes.. cause usually.. we expected that the true feelings can be only expressed by eyes.. right?. But she smiled a lot.. while JW smile only once or twice in that scene.. that's why i was kinda confused about it. I didn't see any feeling in her smile.. but i felt a lot when JW put his hands on his cheek. it's like he just got the best gift in this whole world.. That's my own opinion.. i'm not sure if you guys felt the same way though.

Plus.. isn't it the same view of the same restaurant that she went to (by herself, with TH, and with JW).. i thought it looks the same view...

as cjoey said ..SYR doesn't have much chance to shine, given her limited screen time

And that might be the reason why we can't really judge as yet.. we still have more than half to go.. so there are a lot of things to see and wait for ^^

I'm sticking to this drama no matter what though.. because of Ji Sung, Yuri and Lee Wan.. I will watch it to the very end.. But my honest feeling is that there are lots of actions.. but there is less time spent on exploring these events and the characters' feelings and emotions. Jeju, Seoul, Las Vegas and South Africa in the first ten episodes. More of best views, but sometimes they aren't really interacting with the overall story..

now i think of it.. is it made to promote for tourism in these places?

OT: Jill4675: LOL~ Jill ;) I watch any good drama that deserves attention ;D I select my dramas according to the storyline and actors/actresses and cares less about the rating.. I'm anticipating Lady Castle ;)

Guest melyssa

I'm just curious.....Jung MInho, Lee Sochang (who's dead) and Miran's father kept mentioning about the Vietnam incident .... anyone has a clearer idea if what took place in Vietnam occurred before or after what was shown in the first episode where Jung Il Hwan (should also be Jung Minho) was tortured badly by Lee Sochang??

Something is amiss here..... Jung Il Hwan in first episode does not seem to be such a terror at all and it's so hard for me to accept what he is now as Jung Minho. Even his secretary Baek is also horrified of him. Unless we are really being misled to think that Jung Minho is Jung Il Hwan when he's not??

I don't know if I make sense here but this is just one puzzling thing to me.

Guest trixicopper

I'm just curious.....Jung MInho, Lee Sochang (who's dead) and Miran's father kept mentioning about the Vietnam incident .... anyone has a clearer idea if what took place in Vietnam occurred before or after what was shown in the first episode where Jung Il Hwan (should also be Jung Minho) was tortured badly by Lee Sochang??

Something is amiss here..... Jung Il Hwan in first episode does not seem to be such a terror at all and it's so hard for me to accept what he is now as Jung Minho. Even his secretary Baek is also horrified of him. Unless we are really being misled to think that Jung Minho is Jung Il Hwan when he's not??

Ive wondered about that also. Also the old guy with the glasses, obviously the butler, but he in an earlier ep acted almost like JMH 's keeper. I dont know maybe JMH took a few too many blows to the head. That can change a person and he is always grabbing his head.

Guest sakura_dubai

Well.. I can say there is no doubt that Minho is JW's father.. especially with the appearance of the guard who said to JW while in prison that his father is the reason behind him being in jail.. and so when he went to see him that night.. It's was obvious that Minho is the same man that guard was talking about .. JW's father.

I can understand though, that Minho's from episode one is different from the Minho we know now. I wonder how his life changed 180 Degree like this and what happened to him after he left Jeju last time.. I mean how that strong guard became that weak and that weak prisoner became this strong.

Guest melyssa

Ive wondered about that also. Also the old guy with the glasses, obviously the butler, but he in an earlier ep acted almost like JMH 's keeper. I dont know maybe JMH took a few too many blows to the head. That can change a person and he is always grabbing his head.

That's new to me... I was never suspicious of that old guy with that glasses!! Yes, he's often seen grabbing his head... so 180 degree change due to severe head injury... that could happen!

Well.. I can say there is no doubt that Minho is JW's father.. especially with the appearance of the guard who said to JW while in prison that his father is the reason behind him being in jail.. and so when he went to see him that night.. It's was obvious that Minho is the same man that guard was talking about .. JW's father.

I can understand though, that Minho's from episode one is different from the Minho we know now. I wonder how his life changed 180 Degree like this and what happened to him after he left Jeju last time.. I mean how that strong guard became that weak and that weak prisoner became this strong.

If JW's father is really JMH, then is TH really JMH's real son or a mistaken son?? If TH is not JMH's real son, then poor TH will be left in the dumps as we know how heartless JMH is. What about JW? I don't think he will acknowledge JMH as his father if he knew who he is.

From episode 8 onwards, JW looks so bent on carrying out vengence on JMH and TH for abandoning his 'bought soul' like that?? How convincing is that?? Not to me!! All along, JW has been rather passive in his ways to strike it rich and awaiting opportunity to lead a better life. Then JMH gave him the opportunity but he was abandoned. Now, he's leading quite a good life in LV though risky and yet he wants vengeance so hardly. Isn't it more realistic for him to concentrate on finding out who he really is rather than anything else? Confusing there and hope that the next couple of episodes will show more on what really is going on...

Still a great drama to follow ...^^

a clue from Episode 1: Kim Il Hwan telling Mi Yeon how people usually describe him.

ep1_1.jpg

ep1_2.jpg

ep1_3.jpg

ep1_4.jpg

ep1_5.jpg

ep1_6.jpg

ep1_7.jpg

ep1_8.jpg

see the similarities between KIH and JMH?

i'm still hoping we are being misled to think that they are both the same person. Like I said before, I don't want the story to be so typical and predictable.

a couple of questions i'm wondering about:

1) What is Yoo Kwang Soo's secret that no one else knows besides JMH who had helped him 'to bury the secret'? YKS is so afraid of it that he is willing to give one of his casinos to JMH. did he kill someone? if so, who is that person? - (1) SH's parents? (2) KIH? if he is not JMH.

2) Lee Soo Chang told JW that he will use his remaining life to search for KIH and seek revenge on him. After meeting JMH, he didn't do anything to him but instead told JW to forget what he said about his dad and his dad isn't a bad person after all. Is JMH really the man LSC is searching for? (KIH=JMH?) because it didn't take him long and it wasn't difficult for him to find JMH and it seems to me that LSC did not meet JMH for revenge but to request something from him.

3) Is TH JMH' son if JMH = KIH? In episode two, we were told that JW and TH are both the same age.

ep2.jpg

and in episode 5, we know that JMH took TH home when he was 14 years old, a few years after his mom died in a poor village, probably due to poverty-related causes. (When did his mom die? Who is she? Mi Yeon?). He was forced to change his name from Kim Hyun Soo to Jang Tae Hyuk. His last name was initially 'Kim'. (another clue to prove that JMH is KIH?) so let's assume KIH=JMH, TH might (1) still be JMH's son or (2) JMH has gotten the wrong son because of his last name and other misunderstandings.

4) JMH used to sell opium with YKS in 1967. He even tried to bribe LSC with a bottle of wine that he stole from the USA when he was captured by LSC in Vietnam. Assuming JMH=KIH, how did he manage to keep the wine if he was captured and sent to Jeju-do? If he isn't KIH, did LSC accept the bribe? If it happened before the jeju-do incident, then there is no doubt JMH=KIH.

Guest lucky_moon

Finished Ep9 <_< , JW did really ruin a golden chance to have SH, now it'll be easy for TH to approach SH to be beside him, she's confused now about JS true feeling for her. :)

about MH, he's indeed a clever and vicious man :mellow:, he'll destroy anyone who try to dig for his past as he did for both SC & KS ( hopefully he's not died, they showed him getting stabbed but not sure if he died :crazy: ), also what makes this drama so interesting is that a lot of mysterious things still unrevealed specially about MH & KH past to be exact.

next week Eps seems a continuation for JW dangerous life he's leading :ph34r:

Finished Ep9 <_< , JW did really ruin a golden chance to have SH, now it'll be easy for TH to approach SH to be beside him, she's confused now about JS true feeling for her. :)

when JW and his friend was talking at the security guard's room... he admitted why he can't be with SH

because he feel that he's not eligible for SH's love due to where he came from, why he was abandoned, who

was his father etc etc...

so the scene where SH was asking JW...

"do you have something to say??" (implying if he has feelings for her), SH didn't get an answer

but for me, for us the audience, we felt the pain that JW probably went through in that scene... he desperately

wants to say "yes, i've fallen for you" but he couldn't...

JW's story...his life is a big gamble...this is the central theme of STS...

JW will put everything in... he will place all bets... ALL IN... to win...

Archived