[Drama 2009] Swallow The Sun 태양을 삼켜라

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fallin_st4rz

thanks for the updates on the rating and epi pics, just downloaded 1-2epi but waitin for soft subs now.... so tempting to wtach it online after seeing thos screen caps :wub:

SwallowSun fightin!!

Guest Jill4675

Thanks, Yeohweping, Luv, and all for pics and info. :)

I really enjoyed Ep. 2 and so far, I'm liking this a lot! Videography, locations, soundtrack ~ Excellent! ;)

My screen caps for Ep. 2 are here: STS 2

There are so many familiar faces in STS, including (so far; there are more to come in this drama):

th_SwallowtheSunE02KOR090715HDTVXvi-87.jpgth_SwallowtheSunE02KOR090715HDTVXvi-74.jpgth_SwallowtheSunE02KOR090715HDTVXvi-69.jpgth_SwallowtheSunE02KOR090715HDTVXvi-65.jpg

sunglasses2.gif

Guest Peppermint`Seed

Finished episode 2 just now. The character of Jung Woo is a bit peculiar to me. He seems to tolerate being called "worthless" and "trash" very well for some reason. And he seems to be eager to become Tae Hyuk's 'dog'. Is he just desperately trying to make something out of his life, or is there another part to him?

As for the plot of the story, it isn't really clear yet---maybe because there are only 2 episodes.

Anywho, Ji Sung looks so freakin' handsome in the preview of episode 3...haha.

Guest riehae

It's a really great start... and hope it will maintain in th 20s mark on ratings...

seems the reivew are all great...

Finished episode 2 just now. The character of Jung Woo is a bit peculiar to me. He seems to tolerate being called "worthless" and "trash" very well for some reason. And he seems to be eager to become Tae Hyuk's 'dog'. Is he just desperately trying to make something out of his life, or is there another part to him?

yes... that is the journey that we all will partake in this drama...to see JW evolving from someone of low importance to someday be someone of great importance...we shall see... :rolleyes:

:excl: the scene where JW was beaten up and the camera zooms slowly towards JMH (with acoustic music background), it establishes trust of JMH towards JW (a stranger, risking his life) for him...i'm intrested in knowing to what extent will JW rise in JMH's trust (maybe friendship??) or will this lead to betrayal?? there are so many possible ways the story can go with JW and JMH, i can't wait for the next ep :excl:

Guest monoceros

very impressive second episode.

SPOILERS BEWARE

It brings up a little bit of discussion on the morality of our main character, Jung Woo and his values. To be honest, he's pretty unconventional, but in that way, also very realistic.

It's always bothered me that random thugs in the country would somehow have a very stubborn set of moral and principles even at the risk of their own livelihood and survival. But Jung Woo seems to be a somewhat ambitious, loyal and kind (but really only to the people who are closest to him), adventurous, brave, and kind of romantic. UGH, the only thing I dislike about this drama is ... JW is already into SH.. and the drama has hardly started. And.. it's only because he liked to watch her play the cello when he was little. I dislike how in action-packed dramas... there has to be childhood development.. because there's no other reasonable way for relationship development between two people in the action-packed life of the guy if they had no previous ties before.

And also, it makes me wonder if he's ever going to meet his mother, or if she's never going to show up again in the drama. Chances are, the former.

Haha, Lee Wan.. I've seen him in two dramas: Tree of Heaven and Stairway to Heaven, and in both he plays this intense guy with an obsessive possessive streak that is borderline maniac behavior. Sometimes I still can't erase that intense look he uses from my mind.

Um.. and weird scene on the plane.. Why is there some girl staring at JW randomly? Even by conventional standards, turning around to stare at a guy diagonally behind you is a very weird thing to do. Is she socially awkward? or arrogantly oblivious?

Oh and the other girl's character, the one who is still on JeJu island seems pretty whatever to me. I hope SH is more interesting.

A questions to ponder on:

Why doesn't Jang Minho recognize Suhyun if she lived there before?

Anyway I'M VERY EXCITED FOR TOMORROW. He meets Suhyun yay!

SPOILERS BEWARE

And also, it makes me wonder if he's ever going to meet his mother, or if she's never going to show up again in the drama. Chances are, the former.

in dramawiki there will be an older lady listed/cast to play JW's mother (although i will wait until we actually get to that point in the story)

Um.. and weird scene on the plane.. Why is there some girl staring at JW randomly? Even by conventional standards, turning around to stare at a guy diagonally behind you is a very weird thing to do. Is she socially awkward? or arrogantly oblivious?

i believe that is Ha Sang Mi (Kim Sae Rom), Su Hyun's (Yu Ri) good friend --- i'm not sure though, i just saw the official poster where they all lined up she looked like the girl to the far left

Oh and the other girl's character, the one who is still on JeJu island seems pretty whatever to me. I hope SH is more interesting.

she loves JW...

JW loves her but just sibling love it seems...

A questions to ponder on:

Why doesn't Jang Minho recognize Suhyun if she lived there before?

although i can be way off on this...the house might be her grandfather's??

i'm just purely guessing :sweatingbullets:

Guest Happy_Day

I saw the first ep, it was pretty good. Only, I really cringed at the storyline between Jungwoo's parents. It was too sudden and their love line was so unbelievable, plus there was no chemistry between them. Maybe it was more unbearable because the girl was such a horrible actress.

Anyway, first ep of these kinds of dramas are always a bit boring coz they have the past story and you have to try to understand everything and who's who. I have a feeling it'll get better. Can't wait to see Sungyuri, I'm a huge fan coz I think she's a really natural actress despite all the criticisms she got.

I saw the first ep, it was pretty good. Only, I really cringed at the storyline between Jungwoo's parents. It was too sudden and their love line was so unbelievable, plus there was no chemistry between them. Maybe it was more unbearable because the girl was such a horrible actress.

i think it's needed to be brief...for a 24 ep drama they can't afford to go on for further details regarding the past (parents)...

and i'm sure more flashbacks of JW and SH's childhood is also to come...

so the chemistry and the actual romance (love line) of the parents doesn't have to be believable at this juncture of the drama...

for me it was enough to lay out a foundation of the bigger plot...JW is their son...

thkiss.jpg

*edit: TH's (Lee Wan) kiss with the girl rocker was HOT!! :P

(here's hoping JW and SH will have the same long and spicy kiss opportunity later :sweatingbullets: )

Guest jaejoongstolemyheart

Yeah~

The last song is soo great!

Omo! Sung Yu Ri! Dont tell me your using a handbag similar to Min Hye Rin's style?

Hahaha! Noo! East of Eden memories coming back~

lmao!

hahha oh well. at least this show doesnt have 6 leads.

so the love story part wouldnt go wrong yeah~!

Archived