[drama 2008] All About My Family / Prime Of My Life / My Life's Golden Age 내 인&#49

Guest huangsy

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Debuts 30 August 2008 7:55 pm as weekend MBC drama (replacing Kind Woman Park Jung Geum).

Family drama revolving around 3 siblings named '황', '금', '기, their parents, about marriage and re-marriage.

Director : Jung Sae Ho 정세호

Scriptwriter : Lee Jung Sun 이정선

Cast : Moon So Ri (The Legend), Lee So Yun (Surgeon Bong Dal Hee), Shin Sung Rok (Thank You), Jin Ee Han (Who Are You), Lee Yun Doo (Powerful Opponents), Lee Tae Gun (Winter Bird), Ha Joo Hee (Aquarius, Greatest Expectation), Lee Jong Won, Go Na Eun,

Official site : http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/mygold/index.html

Daum Drama Site : http://movie.daum.net/tv/detail/main.do?tvProgramId=51784

Episodic preview : http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/mygold/preview/index.html

Free to watch legit site : http://www.mycreo.com/vod/vodDetail.aspx?p...p;menuid=100001

MBC photos : http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/mygold/...hoto/index.html

MBC VODs : http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/mygold/...etch/index.html

Wallpaper : http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/mygold/...aper/index.html

main_top_img.jpg

Credits to kdramafanusa.

drama_concept_img.jpg

is there any eng sub available for this drama??

i want to watch it so much, but i can't understand any korean... :blush:

anyone knows where to dl it w/ eng sub??

really want to watch this drama....

^ cocoon, there are no English subs for this drama. :(

nguyen64thao, so far, Ki (Geum's stepbrother) and Tae Young (ballet girl) seem to be the comic relief - like when Ki farts in the elevator and blames TY. Ki keeps thinking he's seen TY somewhere before (not remembering that she's his brother-in-law's younger sister), and TY thinks he's some sort of pervert.

Aigoo, I'm so behind... :sweatingbullets:

Downloading Ep. 15 now (the first attempt failed near the end, so I'm re-dling :fury:). I'll upload it to MU when it's complete.

{Edit:} Download complete, but I accidentally dled a different version than Ental. I am also having trouble with uploading to MU at the moment. Trying to get it resolved... ;) Uploading now.

Ep.10 - After Geum found out that Kyung Woo hid his mother's identity from her, she confronts him and gives him the chance to back out of the marriage before it's too late (this is before the formal meeting of the parents). She says that even though they're not marrying for love, what he deems more important than love, is trust - trust/belief that he will adhere to the fundamentals/basics once they're married and that he won't betray her. If he wants to back out, then he should do so now. KW says that he fully intends to go ahead with this marriage.

Ep.11 - The patient who was going to participate in GW's documentary backed out at the last minute. His college senior, who is a doctor, tells him of a leukemia patient who is a track coach and is living her life to the fullest. She might make a good subject for GW's documentary.

That doctor turns out to be Geum's doctor. He asks if she will participate in the documentary. But before he can hand her GW's business card, she declines because she hasn't even told her family about it yet. (Apparently, her chronic leukemia is the kind where she can live normally, with medication, for the at least 20 years.)

Geum wonders, to herself, if she should have told GW about her illness.

I loved the scene where Geum's stepfather meets with GW and tells him how Geum has always been a good daughter to him, even though he was her stepfather. He says he's never done anything for her and wonders if she would have still been that good to him if he were her real father. He asks GW to take good care of her - GW is now Geum's guardian.

Ep.12 - GW and his mother don't show up at the formal meeting because she falls ill.

This gives Geum's mother a scare because two years ago, two days before the Geum's wedding, she called it off (because her fiance cheated on her).

GW calls off the wedding. He'll compensate her for her side's wedding expenses, and she doesn't have to pay him back the 4 million in hospital fees for her father and the 2 million he gave her for her students' gym memberships.

Geum can't understand why he's doing this all of a sudden. He says it's because he realized today that this isn't how people should get married.

Geum goes to his house to speak to him. She reminds him that she gave him the chance to back out of the wedding before. They don't love each other, and this isn't usually how people are supposed to get married, but he already knew all that from the very beginning. She says it's natural to get cold feet because many people do, and...

GW says it's no use (for her to go on). He won't marry her under any circumstances...

GW says he'll compensate her, etc. She doesn't care about that. He should have said something a few days ago, when she asked him if he was really going to go through with the marriage. GW, flustered, asks rhetorically what he's supposed to do then. Even if it kills him, he won't marry her. Geum says just because he doesn't want to go through with the marriage, it doesn't solve things. It's too late - they've sent out the invitations, etc. She tells him not to say such impossible things - the only thing you can't do even if it kills you.....is die. Geum says they must get married.

She asks if there's a reason he's suddenly being like this. Is he upset with something she did? Did she do something wrong?

GW says he was hit with reality, the moment he saw her in the wedding dress - that he couldn't marry her, even if it killed him.

Seeing his future bride in a wedding dress left him with less feelings than seeing a neighborhood ajumma in a wedding dress, and he felt nauseated and just wanted to run away. He didn't even see a bug/insect, but the moment he saw her, he couldn't breathe, he wanted to vomit, and he couldn't regain his senses. If she were him, would she be able to marry someone who made her feel like that? It's marriage, after all. Even without love, shouldn't they, at least, be able to eventually have good feelings towards one another? But they've known each other for two months, and he's never once had the desire to sleep with her, hold her hand in a secluded place like this, nor felt anything after their one kiss.

He continues berating her and says her to just accept his decision. He tells her to leave and not fall any lower than she has already.

Guest Matahari_Biru

HJKOMO, I'm hooked with this drama. So thank you so much with the spoiler... help me a lot to get a better understanding of this drama... starting to dl and ep. 4 finished so far

Is taking care of the man in the hospital a moral crime or something?

Why must every relationship be black or white, off or on? Why can't Geum respect and love both fathers? What is so wrong about that? I really hated the mother for kicking her out. To me it was saying that Geum does not have the right to be a compassionate human being. :tears:

Thank you Hjkomo for the links. Somehow my computer won't play the Tivr version.

Is there any way someone can provide a link for Ental version for Ep.15?

MLGA 15 - Ental version

i'm surprised

hwang actually fessed up to her mother in law about her affair. she should lied to her grave if she wants to keep her daughter. i would've told the mil about tae-il's affair instead. guess i have no interity

I guess Hwang thought it was the best way to try to salvage her marriage. If she told her MIL about Tae Il's affair, everything would be out in the open - MIL would then know that Tae Il knows about her affair, and Tae Il would find out that Hwang lied about seeing Dong Han again. (But I would've told her about Tae Il's affair, too. <_<) It was just too hard to watch her begging her MIL for forgiveness and lowering herself into submission.

I'm liking both Lee sisters more and more. They're both strong women, in their own ways, but it's just so painful to watch them groveling. :tears::wacko:<_<

And Tae Il better not end up with Hwang's senior, who's in love with him and sent the pictures. :fury: She's so annoying. <_<

Is taking care of the man in the hospital a moral crime or something?

Why must every relationship be black or white, off or on? Why can't Geum respect and love both fathers? What is so wrong about that? I really hated the mother for kicking her out. To me it was saying that Geum does not have the right to be a compassionate human being. :tears:

It's much more than a question of being compassionate. Geum's father did something unforgivable to Geum's mother by abandoning her.

From Geum's mother's (and Korean culture's) perspective, Geum:

- has disapointed her entire family not once, but twice, with the second failed wedding.

- lied about the entire relationship and reasons for the break-up (First, Geum said that they broke up mutually because of irreconcilable differences in personalities. Geum's mother didn't buy that, so she was going to call KW, but then Geum told her that the real reason was because of KW's mother's opposition. When she went to meet KW's mother, she wouldn't even give her a glass of water and stormed into her bedroom refusing to speak with Geum. Geum said she couldn't marry someone who's mother hated her that much, so she called off the wedding. Then, when Hwang told them the real reason for the break-up, Geum's mother thought she lied about KW's mother's opposition. Also, Hwang said that KW called off the wedding because he realized that he couldn't go through with this kind of false marriage. This made KW look like the sane, rational one, while Geum looked like the crazy, base, low-integrity one. So, Geum's mother is also disappointed at discovering Geum was that sort of person.)

- (most importantly) Geum was caught over and over again lying about taking care of her father. She had secretly borrowed money from different members of the family. But, two years ago, she swore it was the last time. She swore she would have nothing to do taking care of her father again. Geum's mother finding out that Geum has been deceiving her these last two years was the last straw (to a horrible evening). It was the ultimate betrayal of trust (and filial disrespect). Even though Geum's adopted, Geum's mother had loved Geum like her own blood daughter, but Geum (by cultural standards) didn't love her mother as her blood-related mother.

Yes, Geum's mother was too harsh on her...but it was all done in anger and the heat of the moment. However, the fact that even Geum's stepfather (sweet man that he is) told her to leave goes to show that this is more than a question of showing compassion to a sick person. ;)

Btw, when Geum hit KW twice, didn't it look like she punched, rather than slapped, him? :unsure::lol:

mylifesgoldenagee13kor0yf9.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee13kor0gv0.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee13kor0xd7.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee13kor0to9.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee13kor0is2.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee13kor0kf0.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee13kor0lh7.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee13kor0ug5.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee13kor0sf8.jpg

Tae Il deserves a few good punches, too. <_<

Thanks for the download links hjkomo!

This series is SO HARD to find in clubbox...

and when they do post.... it's so much later than it's airing time...

I really, really like this series... (and City of Glass)

and neither are getting much attention!

too bad - they both have good story lines...

Today's ep was a bit faster to dl:

MLGA 16

I have been able to find them in Alice's cb - http://clubbox.co.kr/codndwh

Today's is already on page 6.

OMO OMO!!!! :o

Hyo Won is not Tae Il's biological daughter. He lied to his parents and pretended that she was his child (I think it was his idea, too). He promised Hwang never to mention it again until his grave, but he throws it back in Hwang's face after she says she's through with groveling and begging for his forgiveness.

<_< Geum should give him a taste of her right hook. :lol:

^ It seems to be working fine. Are you missing any codecs for your player?

Anyone else having trouble with the dl?

Aigoo, maybe Mrs. Lee (KW's mother) needs a good slap, too. :fury:

She fired Geum, with the excuse that the girls were doing so well that she wanted to give them the best, and hired a prestigious new coach. (Remember, Mrs. Lee had already taken away the girls weight-room.) Geum has a one-year contract with the school, and there's only two weeks left before the girls' big track & field event, so she goes to see Mrs. Lee at home. Geum says she truly loves her students and can't accept her dismissal. Geum says she thinks her firing is a act of revenge from Mrs. Lee. Geum assures her that she needn't worry about her getting back together with KW because Geum has no feelings towards him whatsoever. Mrs. Lee throws water on her. <_<

I'm glad that Ki knows what really happened between Geum and KW, and I was cheering when he punched GW twice - once in the stomach for his parents and once in the face for Geum.

Clarification on Geum helping her dad (revealed in today's ep.16) - two years ago, she was the one to say she was tired of taking care of him and she wanted to stop. (She probably said that because she didn't want to disappoint them any further.) But her mother says that they would have allowed her to continue if she had only told them. Now, she's kicked out and told to go live on her own. They'll find her a place to live.

Archived