[drama 2008] All About My Family / Prime Of My Life / My Life's Golden Age 내 인&#49

Guest huangsy

%7Boption%7D20080711093013.177.0.jpg

http://media.daum.net/entertain/broadcast/...5&cp=poctan

Shin Sung Rok is casted in MBC weekend drama 'The golden period of my life' as Go Kyung Woo, and transforms into a bad man for the first time.

Nooooooo... I don't want to see him as a bad person... I really liked him in "Thank You" even though he played a weak person

and then I really really REALLY loved him in "Three dads, one mom"

but then this will just give me more reason to love him even more... he can play so many character, he's a really good actor if some of you have not seen him act b4...

This drama will only add onto his resume :P

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O_O omg.

Lee Tae Gon, Shin Sung Rok and Jin Yi Han all in the same drama?! *faints* lol

Can't wait to see this one!

Thanks for the info and the thread, huangsy and yeohweping <3

Do we have a date as of when this will premiere? :unsure:

{edited:}

Haha.. thanks kdramafanusa babe! <3

will mark it on my calendar~~ :D

Guest kdramafanusa

Do we have a date as of when this will premiere? :unsure:

Hi Shenny, this 50-episode drama will start on August 30th at 7:55pm. :)

Guest Redrac

Thanks koalabear for the pictures

Who the two girls in the black dresses in the first picture on the right are going to play?

It's too bad not many people are watching this drama. I'm really enjoying it.

Shin Sung Rok is casted in MBC weekend drama 'The golden period of my life' as Go Kyung Woo, and transforms into a bad man for the first time.
Nooooooo... I don't want to see him as a bad person... I really liked him in "Thank You" even though he played a weak person

and then I really really REALLY loved him in "Three dads, one mom"

but then this will just give me more reason to love him even more... he can play so many character, he's a really good actor if some of you have not seen him act b4...

This drama will only add onto his resume :P

I wouldn't say Go Kyung Woo (Shin Sung Rok) is bad (at least, not from what we've seen of him so far). I'd say he plays more of a a cocky character. :P

Lee Hwang (oldest daughter) and Lee Geum are step sisters. Hwang's father married Geum's mother after her divorce from Geum's father.

Geum's father abandoned his family (for money reasons, I believe). Geum blames her uncle and aunt - they took compensation money from Geum's father. When she was a senior in high school, he reappeared in her life. Then, while visiting her, he got in an accident and is now in a hospital/nursing home. Geum has been secretly paying for his hospital fees for the last 7 years. She even gave up going to college in order to pay for his care.

Geum is also ill. (From shirley's post, she has leukemia.) But, she hasn't told anyone in her family, yet.

Kyung Woo gets dumped by his girlfriend (who is now going to marry someone else). He is related to Tae Il (Hwang's husband) - their parents are cousins. In order to spite his ex-girlfriend, he wants to get married before her. He's supposed to go on a blind date with Hwang's cousin, but since she secretly has a boyfriend already, she pays Geum to go in her place. Kyung Woo proposes to Geum quickly, and Geum thinks he's nuts. (Geum doesn't really consider it a "proposal," which is done out of love. She says he merely asked her to get married.) Geum keeps refusing to marry Kyung Woo, but due to Geum's father's 6 months overdue hospital fees (he's going to get kicked out), Geum ends up borrowing the money from him. Then, Kyung Woo makes the condition that they date for one week.

Hwang met her old love in Thailand, and they spent the night together. However, it's also hinted that her husband Tae Il may have previously had an affair. When Hwang playfully withholds s*x, he asks her when she's going to forgive him for what he did before. It also seems that Hwang's senior is in love with Tae Il (and also has pictures of Hwang's adulterous escapade in Thailand).

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: MBC Global Media [English / Chinese / Japanese / Korean]

All About My Family

goldlife_b.jpg

Running time 60 min

Starring Moon So-ri, Lee Jong-won, Lee So-yeon, Shin Seong-rok, Jin Lee-han

Director Jeong Se-ho, Kim Dae-jin

Writer Lee Jeong-seon

Episode 50 Eps

Synopsis

19 years ago, two previously divorced people got married and raised their children together. But the three children grew up to adopt different lifestyles and values from their parents.

Hwang’s divorce sets off a series of unfortunate events that take her family on a roller coaster ride of ups and downs...

This TV series is about the relationships between parents and children, and brothers and sisters. It touches upon subjects such as romance, marriage, divorce, unemployment, illnesses, dreams, disappointment, hope, courage and so on. The story follows the tumultuous events surrounding one family as the deal with the tribulations of life.

Starring

goldlife_1.jpgLee Hwang, eldest daughter (actress Moon So-ri)

Married for five years. A designer of book covers.

Having sophisticated looks and a firm, supple body, she is an egoist who is self-absorbed and cares more about herself than her own daughter. She has a fiery temper and acts impulsively, displaying erratic behavior. She gets involved in an affair in the very first episode of the TV series. The affair takes place when she participates at the Tokyo Book Fair and meets an old flame.

goldlife_2.jpgYoo Tae-il (actor Lee Jong-won)

Lee Hwang’s husband. He was smitten in love with Lee Hwang when he first laid his eyes on her in college and asked her out on a date. After he married her, Lee Hwang gave birth to a baby girl and they lived happily together as one family. He is well educated and has a competitive streak. He thinks things through without letting his emotions cloud his judgment. He never experienced a failure in his life before but after getting married, he faces a huge setback that takes an emotional and personal toll on him.

goldlife_3.jpgLee Geum, second daughter (actress Lee So-yeon)

Daughter of Bok Mi-ja. When she was 11, her mother married her current stepfather.

She gets along with Ki, who is younger than her, but she has a strained relationship with her sister, Hwang.

Though she was diagnosed with chronic myelogenous leukemia, she keeps working as a high school track coach to pay the medical bill of her biological father. She dates Koh Gyeong-woo, the son of the school director.

goldlife_4.jpgKoh Gyeong-woo (actor Shin Seong-rok)

With handsome looks, he wears the latest fashion trends. He is a smart guy who has a promising career producing TV shows at a major network. His early success has made him into a conceited person who thinks he is better than everyone else. Because he has no compassion nor hardly cares about the well-being of other people, he doesn’t treat Geum, who is stricken with a disease, any different from a healthy person even though he is aware that she is seriously ill. Somehow this endears him to Geum.

goldlife_5.jpgLee Ki, last child (actor Jin Lee-han)

Last son of Lee Man-ae. After graduating from medical school, he quits his internship and starts taking acting classes to become a musical actor. He is a high achiever who always wants to be the best at whatever he does. He’s smart, athletic and has a well-rounded personality with a bright outlook on life.

Guest kdramafanusa

Synopsis [MBC]

Episode 1

Lee Geum (actress Lee So-yeon) is a track coach and when her track team loses a meet because the referee was in cahoots with the rival team’s coach, she get furious and accosts the referee. While she is quarreling with the referee, she gets in the way of the camera crew that is supervised by producer Gyeong-woo (actor Shin Seong-rok). Lee Hwang (actress Moon So-ri) is on a business trip in Bangkok and she meets an old flame, Dong-hwan (cameo appearance), and shares a passionate kiss with him. Jung Yoon (actress Ha Joo-hee) has a crush on Yoo Tae-il (actor Lee Jong-won), who happens to be Lee Hwang’s husband, and she witnesses the kiss between Lee Hwang and her ex-boyfriend and promptly videotapes the act...

Episode 2

Hwang (actress Moon So-ri) brings Tae-young (actress Lee Tae-im) home when she gets drunk and doesn’t go to her rehearsals. Geum (actress Lee So-yeon) goes on a blind date in Soo-gyeong’s place and her blind date turns out to be Gyeong-woo (actor Shin Seong-rok). After blacking out from drinking too much, Gyeong-woo (actor Shin Seong-rok) wakes up the next morning and asks people to get Lee Geum’s (actress Lee So-yeon) phone number. He then calls her up and proposes that they meet once more. Gyeong-woo (actor Shin Seong-rok) proposes marriage to Geum all of a sudden...

Episode 3

Hwang discovers her father’s hospital bill in Geum’s desk and gets into a quarrel with Geum about it. In-shik, Hwang’s father-in-law, pressures Hwang to quit her job but Hwang deflects the request by saying that she is not comfortable with being a stay-at-home mom. When Geum is unable to pay off her father’s hospital bills, the hospital’s billing department calls her to tell her that they are discharging him.

Episode 4

Geum reluctantly seeks help from her sister Hwang by asking her to lend her some money to pay off their father’s hospital bill but she flatly refuses to help her. Three women knock on the door of In-shik’s home and they angrily demand to see Tae-young because they have reasons to believe that she is seeing their brother-in-law. Gyeong-woo buys an expensive dress for Geum after she borrows money from him.

^ You can watch it streaming Here

I believe it's 50 episodes.

I love watching Geum and Kyung Woo's bickering. Kyung Woo accidentally locked Geum in a storage freezer after pestering her to make up her mind about marrying him, even though she still had 6 days left in the week he originally gave her. Kyung Woo came back only because he left his phone and jacket in the freezer and discovered she was still there. Instead of apologizing, he kept bugging her to marry him, so she agreed, if he went into the freezer, too. He only lasted for 20 of the 40 minutes, but Geum agreed to marry him on the condition that he pay for her father's hospital fees.

Relationships: Kyung Woo's mother and Tae Il's father are cousins.

Geum's mother also has some sort of past with Kyung Woo's mother (but the backstory hasn't been revealed, yet).

Things are heating up next week with

Kyung Woo kissing Geum.

Archived