Visual Kei

Guest paranoidtrash

^LMAO!

Ah, I like Phantasmagoria... though I like Vidoll more and I love 12012.

Last random snippet of info and then I'm done (taken from LJ):

It was announced at the Yokohama event yesterday that on Feburary 14, 2007 there will be a graduation ceremony for 12012, Vidoll, and Phantasmagoria. The three bands will be leaving Undercode Records.

From what seems to be gathered from various sources, Kisaki seems very confident and explained that the three bands have in a sense, grown up together, and are now ready for bigger and better things so it is in the best interests of the bands to switch labels. There is currently no more information about exactly where the bands are going, but it will be announced when they are ready, rest assured.

The bands are not breaking up.

Undercode records is not being liquidized.

The information for the show is posted on Kisaki's blog, and tickets go on sale in October, I believe.

Sources:

Yokohama show MC

Kisaki Blog

Rame Blog

2Chan

-posted by genwaku_maniac

Kisaki said on his latest blog post that this is an "unprecedented event" and that the "last chance to see them ALL together as UNDER CODE is on 12/24 and 12/25"

So they're definitely off of UC completely. No sublabel.

-a comment made by someone (so don't take it as set in stone fact)

So... good for them?

Eh... Kisaki... crazy man.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Guest precious4e

Hmm I'm too lazy to look for the Kagerou thread.

I'm not sure if anyone posted this already but I just read this on free will america:

"Kagerou has made an official announcement regarding disbandment. The announcement is as follows:

After taking a serious look at the band "Kagerou", the four members, Daisuke, Yuana, kazu, and Shizumi reached the answer of disbandment. We will bring an end to Kagerou's 7 years of activity in January of 2007. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts...

-Kagerou "

I wasn't a die hard fan but I thought their songs were good :mellow:

Guest paranoidtrash

I don't like UNDERCODE. I think it's a bunch of crap the thinking how Kisaki runs it. All the bands just HAVE to release single after single including "live" versions of songs and remixes. They should just work on getting good music instead of the amount of releases.

I think the good VK bands .. currently are ギルガメッシュ, Duel Jewel, deathgaze, lynch.

VK is dying.

I don't like UNDERCODE. I think it's a bunch of crap the thinking how Kisaki runs it. All the bands just HAVE to release single after single including "live" versions of songs and remixes. They should just work on getting good music instead of the amount of releases.

I think the good VK bands .. currently are ギルガメッシュ, Duel Jewel, deathgaze, lynch.

VK is dying.

But isn't Phantasmagoria and Vidoll leaving UNDERCODE? Yet Kisaki's part of Phantasmagoria right? *I'm confused*

Guest hydest

Uwah! T___T

now i wish i were live there so i can go to that concert ;-;

thanx for that news jenny

anyway

i will support them like always ;-;

Guest paranoidtrash

Nothing big will change with those bands. It's just that they're the most popular on UNDERCODE and everything else isn't very popular. So they're moving them to an elistist label so that they can get more attention. I believe Kisaki will still probably be in charge of much of the activities so ;x

Guest Olivia*sSlave*

yeah he stays in the band and runs undercode while moving to a better label for the bands to do bigger activities

Guest Olivia*sSlave*

anyway news on ayabie's ryohei he's starting activities again and its a 4 member band

in december is the first live

also

tsumehito the guitarist from soroban is now the support guitarist for ayabie

• 3 weeks later...
Guest blackpaperbag

Ahh.. *pokes around* is anyone still alive here?

I'd like to know if any of you can read kanji, could you please translate for me the romanji version of the band lineup on this ticket:

IMG_7878.jpg

Basically, I suddenly found out I was going to Japan with less than a week's notice, so I didn't have much time to prepare. I've been out of the VK scene for quite a while (more than a year in fact), but while I was in Tokyo I grabbed the chance and just randomly showed up at Holiday Shinjuku one day and bought a ticket to a live.

I'm kind of embarrassed to have to ask this, but I'd like to know the names of the bands which played (I only recognised Metis Gretel, and that's because it's written in english. I can't read a word of japanese)

...and if anyone can identify this vocalist (the two neko girls are just fans):

japan27.jpg

I'd be grateful. I really liked his band's performance and I kind-of talked to him after the show and took a photo with him, though he couldn't speak english and I managed like, a sentence or two in japanese. So of course I'd like to know his name ^^;;;

Thanks!

Edit: It's okay, I've found out.

• 2 weeks later...

Slight injection of life into this thread...

Tomo, vocalist of Pashya (Undercode), will be leaving the band at the November 17 live at Holiday Nagoya.

Replacement vocalist will be introduced on the November 23 live at Holiday Osaka.

It seems to be that Tomo is leaving because of family problems and there's no bad feelings within the band because they all left nice messages up on their site.

-source: Kisaki's blog; info/translation from suicide_gemini on LJ

Guest bluecarrot

did anyone mention the 'koi kei' also in this thread?

its said to have been the type of visual kei.. miyavi, alice nine, and most of the psc company artists started...

kind of like glamour rock?

so far i only know angura and koi kei x-- i dont know this oshare kei EroGuro?

i really wanna see all types of this visual kei sub-culture..

[edit]

i did some researching on what types of visual kei sub genres there were..i can say..i pretty much know the difference now!

visual kei

artist_5ab27625720d4982b51eb62df5fbb393.jpg

x-japan

eroguro kei-- "erotic grotesque" -- (the focus closer on eroticism, sexual corruption and decadence.)

velvet_eden_020725_02.jpg

Velvet Eden

angura kei-- (uses horror to return to something "uniquely Japanese" as Japan has a long tradition of ghost stories and monsters in their folklore..)

angurakei.jpg

Inugami Circus Dan

koi kei x-- glamour rock.

135671816.jpg

alice nine

oshare kei-- the type of visual kei that is fashionable yet still sticks to the meaning of being visul kei..

main.jpg

antique cafe

• 2 weeks later...
Guest syunikiss

^ you did research?? ^^

sorry i find that so cute ^___________________________^ hm... yeah ... that`s basically it ... is koi kei a new thing?? before alice nine used to be classed as oshare kei ... but oh well ...

oh and i heard about the 'graduation' of 12012; vidoll and phantasmagoria ... my top three undercode bands ><! one thing i don`t like about the whole graduation is that it is so ... like morning musume and their millions of generations .... i thinkhope kisaki has a plan ... like open his own record company with those three in it XD!!

anyway .... trying to get this thread active again ^^ with BEAUTIFUL PUPPETS!!! i mean vidoll .. courtesy of jrock_scans

vidoll163mg8.th.jpg vidoll164ob7.th.jpg vidoll165di5.th.jpg vidoll166ut4.th.jpg

vidoll72az9.th.jpg vidoll73xp1.th.jpg vidoll74bl6.th.jpg

SHUN SHUN MARRY ME ><!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah i like new vidoll better ... tero is such an awesome drummer ... that guy can MOVE!! and his hair is crazy when he moves <333333 and chocoripeyes PV = pure love

Guest buuberry

heh. hrmm still kinda hazy on the whole VK thingy. how do you define true VK then? that and oshare kei?

yay! i love alice nine and vidolls - shasei sankai narcolepsy's one of my fave!

Archived