The Love&relationship Section.

GOOMBA

Guest cavil.

Just stop clicking them or go over them? I really don't see the problem with just focusing your retinas on something else and maneuvering your mouse some other topic. I can see why they banned topics related to race and ethnicity because of its sensitivity, but age difference? It's just a dilemma that often comes in love and relationships (hence the forum's name).

Everyone posts their situation because it's not the same as everyone else's. So, you've got multiple threads addressing the same general question with different names and etc.

Quit the whine party.

Just stop clicking them or go over them? I really don't see the problem with just focusing your retinas on something else and maneuvering your mouse some other topic. I can see why they banned topics related to race and ethnicity because of its sensitivity, but age difference? It's just a dilemma that often comes in love and relationships (hence the forum's name).

Everyone posts their situation because it's not the same as everyone else's. So, you've got multiple threads addressing the same general question with different names and etc.

Quit the whine party.

Did you not read what I wrote? I said the threads w/ actual relationship problems IN THEM I don't mind as much as the pointless ones that ask over and over again "WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT A 15YO W/ A 19YO?"

Anyway, in reply to your "quit whining" comment, you don't see me whining on and on and on about stupid stuff like this constantly. This is the first time I've posted or even had a problem w/ Soompi. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way about that section.

Thank you Calvin&Hobbes for considering and thank you orangebubbles for putting in the traffic point.

Thanks for your feedback. Making a thread directory is something I've seriously considered and may eventually put into practice because of the situation in L&R. The problem with these threads is not only because members don't always take the time to search through pages, it's because they want prominence for their own issues. They also think a thread asking about "a 15-year-old with 19-year-old" will be different from "16-year-old with 21-year-old", that sort of thing, hence justifying their need to post a new thread. For example, I've had to keep merging threads that go "Girls, what do you think about (insert issue)?" when these could be easily posted in the "Ask the Ladies" thread, because the members who post such threads want the L&R population to respond to their problem and not have it viewed as a general issue. We've had the same problem with polls - some people just "sort of" add a "personal issue" so that they can get around the poll restriction.

Because relationship issues differ in the details even though on the surface they seem to be largely the same, it's not always easy to merge threads - people do get horribly upset if they find their threads "inexplicably" gone. I have also considered a directory of "general themes", similar to an index of threads but these would just deal with general L&R questions that often pop up - examples can include the age difference issues, meeting your S/O's parents, etc.

If you have more suggestions as to how to clean up L&R, I'd like to hear them. :)

Here's my idea. I PM'D Aziraphale already but post it in here incase anyone would like to add anything!

--

Put a sticky up "BEFORE YOU POST, READ!" and in it, it should say:

Post a new topic ONLY if your question does not belong in any of these categories:

1) AGE difference between you&S/O, friend&S/O? Go to this thread: THREAD LINK

2) GOT OUT OF A RELATIONSHIP? HEARTBROKEN? REVENGE? HURT? DEPRESSED? LAZY? FEELING FAT? ALL THE SORT OF AFTER A BREAK UP? Go to this thread: THREAD LINK

3) MEETING THE PARENTS? Go to this thread: THREAD LINK

4) BACKSTABBING FRIENDS? Go to this thread: THREAD LINK

5) IMPORTANCE OF LOOKS/PERSONALITY? Go to this thread: THREAD LINK

6) WHAT IS LOVE? Go to this thread: THREAD LINK

^ Sorry.. had to bold this.

7) NEVER BEEN KISSED OR HAD A RELATIONSHIP? Go to this thread: THREAD LINK

8) REJECTED? Go to this thread: THREAD LINK (personally I'd put this in with break ups, but up to them)

Personally I'd say "no dumb threads like WHY ARE GIRLS SO NEEDY" blahblah just questions that trigger pointless troll replies... but I'm not a mod, so.. feel free to add :D

Guest SiMPLY PiNk*

there's also about 20 topics on "how did you meet your boyfriend/girlfriend? and "how did your boyfriend/girlfriend ask you out?". :lol:

Guest twinkle_l0ve

I agree with what you're saying, but even if you put up a sticky saying "read before you post!", sadly not everyone reads notices like that, boo.

I agree with what you're saying, but even if you put up a sticky saying "read before you post!", sadly not everyone reads notices like that, boo.

I've already told this to Aziraphale too :P

I know, haha. It's not like I didn't think of that. But this was just how I would go about this:

In the Soompi Forum rules, there should be a rule stating that all members must read the "Before you posts" of every section (there's one in practically every section that members should already be reading anyway), and if you DON'T and end up making a thread, you get a 20% warning that can be removed after like a week or two instead of a month or more (since it's minor, and not like the mods are warning people who aren't following certain rules anyway...just signature/swear filter/20 character. I know they do alot more but I just wanted to name two or three :P)

OROROROR actually this is random and I actually think won't happen but

REMOVE LOVE&RELATIONSHIP and prune allllllllllllllllllllllllllll old topics other than the 100+ page ones like the lyrical thread, message to anyone, cry/smile in your heart ;]

and then post the new directory

i mean.. WHO COULD MISS IT THEN RIGHT?!

:mellow:

I bet a lot of people are like :lol: why's she making such a big deal about this

there's also about 20 topics on "how did you meet your boyfriend/girlfriend? and "how did your boyfriend/girlfriend ask you out?". :lol:

i was going to say the same thing :-/

i can't always say "look 3-4 pages back before making a thread, it's already posted, go here (insert link)"

that will sound bossy and annoying, i'd feel that way if someone said that to me. .__.

for me, i simply hate the ones that goes 'i'm __ years old and ive never had a boyfriend before, am i abnormal' or some thing like that .___.

it's soooo irritating esp that one that says thirteen years old.

and i keep seeing topics like that made even though another topic similar to it is still active.

Guest cavil.

Did you not read what I wrote? I said the threads w/ actual relationship problems IN THEM I don't mind as much as the pointless ones that ask over and over again "WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT A 15YO W/ A 19YO?"

Anyway, in reply to your "quit whining" comment, you don't see me whining on and on and on about stupid stuff like this constantly. This is the first time I've posted or even had a problem w/ Soompi. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way about that section.

Thank you Calvin&Hobbes for considering and thank you orangebubbles for putting in the traffic point.

I read your post, and you can do all the chutes and ladders you want, but your argument is basic. I just flushed it out to its fundamentals. Basically, like I said, just ignore them.

If traffic is too much for the moderators or the administrators to handle, they'll do something to accommodate it. Such things would require drastic measures, I'm sure we'll be warned about it otherwise. Obviously from reading some of the big chiefs comments, they've actually contemplated some ideas.

Anyways, you don't have to persistently complain in order to qualify "whining." But seriously, don't take it like I meant you were a huge whiner, it was just a passing comment. Nothing serious.

But to throw out some ideas, I think warning is only suitable way to control the flow of those kind of threads. Otherwise, people don't read the rules and no one cares. Warnings may be the only and best way.

Archived