[drama 2008][upcoming] Dr. Stop 닥터 스톱

Guest yeohweping

Guest yeohweping

[sBS] So Ji Sub
20080701113216.216.0.jpg

http://media.daum.net/entertain/broadcast/...mp;cp=hankookis

So Ji Sub has been confirmed to lead in SBS november drama 'DR. Stop' 닥터 스톱 which will air after Tazza.

'Dr. Stop' is the terminology for the doctors who work in wrestling or boxing competitions. The doctors' main work is to make diagnosis or doing the judgment if the competitions or competitors are or not discontinued because of certain conditions like seriousness of competitors' injuries.

The main plot will be center on the revenge and betrayal between two good friends and So Ji Sub's role will also have to do a surgical heart operation on the woman he loves.

Note: Cain & Abel has been cancelled and SBS have already changed the writers and theme after they decided to do 'Dr.Stop' instead.

Guest kdramafanusa

According to this article, the PD is Kim Hyung-shik who backed out of "Daemool" several months ago. The script is from Park Kye-ok. PD Kim and writer Park worked together on "Biscuit Teacher And Star Candy" in 2005.

Kim Hyung-shik 김형식 [Cine21 Profile]

TV

Surgeon Bong Dal-hee 외과의사 봉달희 (SBS, 2007)

http://tv.sbs.co.kr/doctorbong/

Lovers In Praque 프라하의 연인 (SBS, 2005)

http://tv.sbs.co.kr/praha/

Biscuit Teacher And Star Candy 건빵 선생과 별사탕 (SBS, 2005)

http://tv.sbs.co.kr/teacher/index.html

Park Kye-ok 박계옥 [Cine21 Profile]

TV

Kid Gang 키드갱 (OCN, 2007)

http://www.onmoviestyle.com/ocn/kidgang/kidgang.html

Invisible Man Choi Jang-Soo 투명인간 최장수 (KBS, 2006)

http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/jangsu/index.html/

Biscuit Teacher And Star Candy 건빵 선생과 별사탕 (SBS, 2005)

http://tv.sbs.co.kr/teacher/index.html

Juliet's Man 줄리엣의 남자 (SBS, 2000)

FILM

Innocent Steps 댄서의 순정 (2005)

A Wacky Switch 나두야 간다 (2004)

Sword in the Moon 청풍명월 (2003)

Crazy First Love 첫사랑 사수 궐기대회 (2003)

Whistling Princess 휘파람 공주 (2002)

Happy Funeral Director 행복한 장의사 (1999)

Two Cops 3 투캅스 3 (1998)

Millions in My Account 돈을 갖고 튀어라 (1995)

Guest kdramafanusa

what happened with cain and Abel??

The following is from this June 30th article, correct me if I read it wrong:

In a phone conversation with Asia Economy, SBS production department director Goo Bon-geun said that there is no plan to air "Abel And Cain". It's more likely to be 'Dr. Stop'. It's not decided yet."

A different response came from "Abel and Cain" PD Choi Ho-sung. He told Asia Economy over the phone on the 30th that it's organized for November; he's surprised by the reports. They will try to understand what's going on.

SBS officials said that 'Abel And Cain' seems unlikely to broadcast.

~~~

JoongAng/ISPlus 2008.06.30 14:15

^ "Daemool" and "Cain & Abel" are both excluded from SBS lineup.

Guest White Star

yeah....it seems that so ji sub is linked to both drama....same with Jung Ryeo Won (she is also mentioned to be the main female lead.) Same with script writer park hye ok....it is mentioned that she is the writer of cain and abel.

+WS+

Guest kdramafanusa

yeah....it seems that so ji sub is linked to both drama....same with Jung Ryeo Won (she is also mentioned to be the main female lead.) Same with script writer park hye ok....it is mentioned that she is the writer of cain and abel.+WS+

Park Kye-ok is not the script writer of Cain & Abel, I believe that that DongA article got it wrong.

'Dr. Stop' & 'Cain & Abel' are completely different projects (themes and writing/directing team are not the same); Jung Ryeo-won is also linked to "Dr. Stop" but SBS said that her appearance is not yet confirmed.

[information about Cain And Abel <카인과아벨>]

PD: Choi Ho-sung 최호성

SCRIPT: Kim Young-chan 김영찬, Won Tae-yeon 원태연

Guest Cerise

I've read somewhere that it could be a title change only from "cain and abel" to "dr. stop". I don't know what to believe though. -_-

I just know that SJS is busy filming the Movie MIM nowadays. After that I hope that his small screen comeback drama FINALLY gets confirmed.

EDITED

Guest lucky_moon

At least we will see So Ji Sup in a new drama.. But I was really eager to see him in Cain & Abel..

Guest kdramafanusa

"Dr. Stop" will replace SBS Monday/Tuesday drama "Tazza" this November.

MBC's Monday/Tuesday drama "East Of Eden" (Song Seung-heon) will start at the end of next month.

"EOE" is 50-episode drama so they will compete with each other.....

소지섭, 의사가운 입고 송승헌과 안방극장 대결

2008721219_831744502_1711_0.jpg

한류스타 소지섭(31)이 송승헌(32)과 맞붙는다.

소지섭은 오는 11월 방송예정인 SBS ‘닥터 스톱’을 통해 안방극장에 복귀할 전망이다. 지난해 초 군복무를 마친 소지섭은 드라마 ‘카인과 아벨’을 통해 컴백할 예정이었지만. 드라마 기획이 어그러지면서 브라운관 복귀가 늦어졌다. ‘카인과 아벨’을 준비하던 드라마 외주제작사인 플랜비픽쳐스에서 ‘닥터 스톱’을 새로 기획하면서 ‘카인과 아벨’로 이미 계약을 한 소지섭을 주인공으로 내세우기로 했다.

‘닥터 스톱’은 권투나 격투기 등에서 더 이상 경기를 진행할 수 없을 정도로 선수의 부상이 심할 경우 의사가 심판에게 말해 경기를 끝맺는 일을 의미하는 말로. 드라마에서는 소지섭이 자신의 의지에도 불구하고 뜻을 굽혀야 하는 닥터 스톱 같은 상황에 처하는 스토리를 그리게 된다. 또 극중 외과의사로 등장해 의사가운을 입고 사랑하는 여인의 심장수술을 집도하는 모습으로 팬들의 시선을 사로잡을 것으로 보인다. 그러나 형제와 같은 우애를 나누던 친구와의 갈등과 배신으로 복수심을 품게 되는 이야기가 큰 줄거리가 돼 단순 의학드라마가 되지는 않을 예정이다. 여주인공으로는 ‘카인과 아벨’ 때 호흡을 맞추기로 했던 정려원이 다시 물망에 오르고 있다.

또 ‘닥터 스톱’은 SBS ‘타짜’ 후속으로 월화 안방극장에 방영될 예정이어서 MBC ‘에덴의 동쪽’과 시청률 대결을 펼치게 된다. ‘에덴의 동쪽’는 다음달 말부터 방송이 시작하지만 50부작이어서 11월쯤이면 중반부에 이르며 ‘닥터 스톱’과 맞붙는다. 특히 ‘에덴의 동쪽’의 주인공이 송승헌이어서 두 드라마의 대결에 더욱 관심이 쏠린다. 비슷한 시기에 최고의 스타로 등극하자마자 군에 입대해 팬들을 안타깝게 했던 닮음꼴 한류스타들이 나란히 브라운관에 얼굴을 내밀게 돼 흥미롭다. 또 둘 모두 가슴에 응어리진 복수심을 그리는 것도 흡사하다. 팬들이 비슷한 듯 다른 두 한류스타의 맞대결로 채널을 선택하는데 고민을 해야할 상황이 벌어질 전망이다. 일단 스타트를 먼저 끊는 송승헌이 유리한 위치에 있지만. 소지섭이라는 새로운 카드는 팬들의 마음을 흔들기에 충분해 보인다.

조성경기자 cho@

08/07/02 12:01 입력 : 08/07/02 12:18 수정

http://www.sportsseoul.com/news2/entertain...5695708312.html

Guest EnDlEsS88

i am sad that there will be no Cain and Abel cuz i liked d storyline ... but.... i am really happy that SJS is BACK...^^

Guest AlecRuby

oooooooooohhh, i want to watch Dr. Stop.

i would like to see kim tae hee star with ji sub.

i think they would match.

competition between two good brothers, whoa!

Whaaa...so it's official...Cain and Abel has been cancelled and replaced by Doctor Stop...i'm sad that Cain and Abel was dropped but looking forward to SJS' return to the small screen via Dr. Stop

from dramabeans.com:

Cain & Abel or Doctor Stop?

July 2nd, 2008 // by javabeans

sjs39uy6.jpg

I was actually writing up So Ji Sub’s new movie (with Kang Ji Hwan!) and was looking to see what his next project was, and got wrapped up in trying to untangle THAT mess. (So Kang Ji Hwan will have to wait for the next post.) I’d been hearing about the high-profile drama Cain & Abel forever, but all the mentions of that series were so contradictory that I could hardly make sense of what the deal is.

It appears I’m not the only one confuzzled; even the drama production and broadcast stations can’t seem to agree on what the heck’s actually going on.

In an interview with Asia Economy two days ago, Gu Bon-geun, the president of SBS, said that Cain & Abel was canceled and officially off the schedule. The drama had been in planning for two years, attaching So Ji Sub before he was even officially discharged from military duty, and casting Jung Ryeo Won opposite him. However, the production has been unable to find its feet. Instead, Gu said, slated in Cain & Abel’s original timeslot, following similarly troubled drama Daemul, is the new drama Doctor Stop. He didn’t offer concrete news, however, as he explained, “We’ll have to watch Doctor Stop a little longer. We haven’t made a decision yet.”

But in contrast, Asia Economy also spoke with Cain’s PD Choi Ho Sung on the same day, who thought all systems were go and that SBS was planning to air Cain in November as scheduled. He expressed, “Hearing otherwise is shocking news. I’ll have to confirm what’s going on.”

But in another report by IS Plus, Doctor Stop is described as the new name for the drama originally conceived as Cain & Abel — after struggling to work out problems, the title was changed, along with the synopsis, plot outline, and even writers. Phew, that makes some sense — only, then, why would they have a new PD without the old one knowing about it? Doctor Stop will be helmed by director Kim Hyung Shik, formerly attached to Daemul, the drama it may or may not follow, depending on what ends up happening to Daemul. (Notice a pattern with the two shows? One thing’s for certain: SBS prez sure has lousy communication skills.)

In any case, Doctor Stop is explained as the term applied to a doctor’s warning to a wrestler or boxer who is injured so badly he should not continue. The drama centers around two brothers in this world (not sure yet in what capacity), for now, tentatively slated for a November premiere. (Maybe, possibly.)

IS Plus, Asia Economy

SONG OF THE DAY

Guest mleung92

aww, so i guess no more CAIN & ABEL :(

i was looking forward to that . .

소지섭 + 정려원 ! (:

that's okay,

i'll be looking forward to DR.STOP NOW b/c of 소지섭! :D

i really want JUNG RYEO WON to be the female lead

b/c i haven't seen her since WHICH STAR ARE YOU FROM? w/ 김래원! ♥

Archived