Night It Up! Hosted By Dove's Power Unit

la folie

Honestly, it sucked balls. It was so boring seriously..

And I just happened to buy some really crappy rip-off bubble tea for $3 that had half the container of ice and hard/not thoroughly cooked tapioca. Not going again. The name of the booth is Fruity Bubbletea or something, it's near the stinky tofu side. DON'T BUY THEIR STUFF!!!!!!! WORST BUBBLETEA I HAVE EVER HAD.

Barely any games too. We just ended up going to T&T and buy some good food and left.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jun;MON

I went today around--9? Turning at the light was craaap, longest wait ever, holy moly. But I was lucky enough to find a parking spot, phew.

The food was gooood, except, $3 for a skewer is a total rip off... but I cant lie, they were GOOOOOD skewers.

I would go back just for the food, and more buttons. But I don't know if I would go back tomorrow and face a BIGGER crowd.

Guest Swtess

Why don't they do this somewhere else? With that big of a crowd, what made them decide to do it in a puny parking lot? The crowd was horrible and people really don't know hot to lineup. Foodwise, there really wasn't anything great. Only thing I enjoyed was the tokoyaki. The supposed okonomiyaki, I have nothing to say to that. They attempted to make into Hello Kitty shape; which looked nothing like it, and those guys were loud and sounded so fake going arigato gozaimasu over and over again till they handed the food to us.

Question: Is the taiwanese or seafood omelette supposed to taste like I'm eating a bunch of tapioca or something? I thought it was the grossest thingy.

Guest res0nate

A few years ago they held it at Kennedy and Dennison which I thought was prime just because of how much space there was.

Guest JESS-C

I went yesterday and... the takoyaki line was horrible! We spent an hour and a half waiting in the line and we just ended up leaving the line without any takoyaki :(

Guest simpli_me

Oh my buddha

i went yesterday and the crowd was crazy

i could barely walk

and the stinky tofu smell killed me friend lol

I lined up for the takoyaki and all these ppl butting and stuff

but overall, it was ok

this is my second year =)

Guest swt.choco

Yesterday was actually my first time going, and honestly it kinda sucked.

There was waaaayyyy too much people, and the line-ups were crazy. ><

Btw, did anyone else notice that there was a free condomn booth?

...0_0

Guest __sleepyhead

The stinky tofu is so bad! The ones from Taste of Asia were so much better!

Urgh Friday night was jam packed with people. We were literally skin to skin with each other. T___T

I saw a few families who brought their baby carts, which I thought was the dumbest thing ever. There was barely any room yet they still insist. At least some people were smart enough to carry their pets / kids.

Guest Ringy

Dang not to much good news for me going tonight, especially considering the weather.

I think I'll get some good food then just stop by for an hour. Hope I can fit in!!!

Guest jun;MON

^ My friend and I went at 12 because she really wanted to try to stinky tofu. The line up was short and everything was last minute sale, so we bought a lot. She said the tofu wasn't thaaaat great. I didn't wanna try because I was full. LOL

Guest aznkc

i don't get why they don't use the rest of the parking lot? i remember 2 years ago they had bball and vball..i didn't see any nets up fri night?

Guest kiralz0mg

i went yesterday in the afternoon. lawls the takoyaki were iight but i only got to eat one because i got a nosebleed after LOL and the lineups werent that long.. i only waited like.. 5 mins.. and that was for the guy to finish cooking.. and then i had some bubble tea but then my nose started bleeding again LOLL and then i went straight to the paramedics LOLOLOL they looked soooo bored until i came along lawlawl but yeah..

oh and stinky tofu omg.. i wanted yo try but like the smell was too everwhelming and my friend and bf were like dying while i was in line for the stir fry ice cream LOLOLOL

Guest tofuu

I went on sat night and the line up was nuts around 9-11pm so we just went to bbt and came back around 12 and everyone was trying to get rid of stuff. I just got myself some takoyaki (really good!) and 2 pet turtles because they looked so sad in that tank with the other 50. Anyone else notice how nuts the hamsters were? LOL they were like itching to get out of the tank

Guest jun;MON

^LOL OMG JENN. why didn't we see you -_______-; we did the exact same thing but opposite, bbt then night market.

Guest beanbao

It was windy and cold so I had to keep going into metro square to keep warm.. The food was okay, some of it was worth it. I've gone every year and honestly, if you wanna have fun, you have to make it fun yourself. The massive amount of ppl and crappy program just aren't gonna cut it. Lamb skewers <3

Guest jybaby

it was really crowded but it kind of saddens me seeing some comments in this thread : (not many people know that toronto night market is made by a group of YOUNG volunteers who put a lot of dedication into this event. they get absolutely no profit except learning new business skills and such. they are not related to the richmond night market btw ^^'

anyways, because they are completely focused on helping youths develop leadership skills they do not make a profit therefore it's really hard getting new and BIG venues since they're quite expensive. their resources are very limited unlike other events that might already be sponsored by big corporations. so that basically sums up why they don't move i'm guessing. also parking was REALLY hectic this year because the grass field beside metro square that's usually used for parking was closed off for construction work.

quoted from their site

"ABOUT US

Power Unit Youth Organization is a volunteer driven, non-profit organization dedicated to leadership development among Canadian youths. The group is a self-managed committee in which youths gathered together to engage the skills and knowledge they have attained through education and apply within a meaningful, practical setting. We believe that leadership cannot be taught, but must be learned and experienced through practical, hands-on experience within our communities.

Vision:

Charging up the leaders of tomorrow.

Our Mission:

To provide training for project management;

To encourage the creation and realization of new project ideas;

To bridge communities together in harmony;

To foster social values and responsibility; and

To enable the enhancement of our communities"

anyways just my 2 cents and i thought the performances were better than last year. even though it was crowded we only get to experience this thing once a year : )

Archived