Night It Up! Hosted By Dove's Power Unit

la folie

Guest busagiboo

Is the Toronto night market better than Vancouver's?

When I went to Vancouver's night market a few years ago, I thought it was better than Toronto's night market. There was much more to see and do.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kishire

lol i went yesterday too...parking was insane =.= so hard to find a spot at T&T place lol...i only bought Stinky Tofu but didnt eat it ...i was just gonna line up and give it to my mom...lol

vybe got delayed like 2 hours...but i stayed for it since one of my friends was in it lol...all in all it was ok...lots of junk on the floor that i stepped on and it was pretty gross lol

got home pretty late cuz of vybe ending at like 12... was pretty interesting to see people still coming at 12am from the parking lot...

Guest Swtess

I was lucky. We got a parking like right next to it even though we arrived like around 8.

I thought it was only ok, nothing great. There were limited booths and not much to see or buy.

Two friends of mine stayed in the Nail Art booth for over an hour. lol

I had a good laugh with the balloon fishing game.

I don't get how you can win a prize though since my bf pulled out like three balloons and all we still got were either gums or goldfish.

I really wanted to try the takoyakis but the lines were too long and the guy in front said its like a 40 min wait.

My bf didn't want to wait so didn't get any.

They looked real good and cute though.

Does anyone know the name of the place that made the cute one in a boat??

I'll just go to the store and buy them one day instead.

A friend of mine was really deadset on getting stinky tofu.

He bought like 3-4 boxes to share with everyone.

Later turned out he didn't like it at all. lol

It tastes exactly as it smelled according to him.

All in all it was ok. I'm not going again next year.

It was too crowded and I almost lost my breath just trying to get to the food section with the bunch of crowds.

The place smelt real bad cause of the stinky tofu. Smelled so much like chinatown. lol

There wasn't really much variety with the food either.

More than half of it was either fishballs or bbq meat.

They should really move that thing to a bigger venue.. so crowded..

Friday went there and.. my friends decided to eat at Asian Legend... instead of at the actual market thing.. wtf? then after they ate there they left... like.. what was the point of going if you're just going to eat at a restaurant in the parking lot? -_-''

Was pretty interestin'... just.. needs to be in a bigger area so i'm not stepping/getting stepped on by other people!

... and I didn't get to try any taiyaki T_T

Guest busagiboo

I really wanted to try the takoyakis but the lines were too long and the guy in front said its like a 40 min wait.

My bf didn't want to wait so didn't get any.

They looked real good and cute though.

Does anyone know the name of the place that made the cute one in a boat??

I'll just go to the store and buy them one day instead.

My sister got some of the takoyaki on Saturday!

Here's the address for the place: Kenzo Ramen (6180 Yonge Street)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest cfcong

Is the Toronto night market better than Vancouver's?

I'm from Vancouver but I did go to the Toronto Night Market once. Vancouver aka Richmond Nightmarket there is definately has a better nightmarket than Toronto. Our nightmarket in Vancouver last from May to October every weekend with holiday weekends. However this year, it started late because its a different company hosting the event and because cus the City of Richmond, a city within the GVA, was concern about the fake stuff sold. So they began gunning down on counterfeit goods, so there's now barely any counterfeit goods... In a good and bad way hahaha But Food is awesome there =]

• 9 months later...
Guest jybaby

I like smelly tofu, Metro Square, I like long line-ups, its chaotic atmosphere packed with 80,000 ppl, I love band shows, the power of youth non-profits, its goal to fund-raise, to be more specific, I love TORONTO, love its NIGHT time, love MARKETS!!

We're coming back better and stronger and even with a cooler name!

4514_96856024752_505479752_1862082_2339001_n.jpg

I hope you guys are all going this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're now known as NIGHT IT UP and it'll be on July 10th/11th, 2009

If anyone or you know of anyone that is interested in buying a booth please go to

www.nighitup.com

please support us and attend !

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.ph...0152&ref=ts

hope to see you there : ) : )

I like smelly tofu, Metro Square, I like long line-ups, its chaotic atmosphere packed with 80,000 ppl, I love band shows, the power of youth non-profits, its goal to fund-raise, to be more specific, I love TORONTO, love its NIGHT time, love MARKETS!!

We're coming back better and stronger and even with a cooler name!

%7Boption%7Dhttp://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs017.snc1/4514_96856024752_505479752_1862082_2339001_n.jpg[/img

I hope you guys are all going this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're now known as NIGHT IT UP and it'll be on July 10th/11th, 2009

If anyone or you know of anyone that is interested in buying a booth please go to

www.nighitup.com

please support us and attend !

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.ph...0152&ref=ts

hope to see you there : ) : )

I hope you don't mind that I put this in the first post :)

(ohohohoh my 4444th post)

• 1 month later...
Guest Steph1430262970

it was soooooooooooo crowded! couldn't even see the performances i wanted to see ):

the bubbletea was gooodd! and the takoyaki ... but it smelled so bad there x_x

Archived