[movie 2005] Close To You / Wisdom Tooth 사랑니

Guest virgo_star

Guest virgo_star
Kim Jung Eun, Lee Tae Sung
posters: lp1.jpg others: http://www.cine21.com/Movies/Mov_Movie/mov...s=media&id=9431 pics s1.jpg big: http://cinema.chosun.com/movie/17349/1.jpg s2.jpg big: http://cinema.chosun.com/movie/17349/2.jpg s3.jpg big: http://cinema.chosun.com/movie/17349/3.jpg s4.jpg big: http://cinema.chosun.com/movie/17349/4.jpg s5.jpg big: http://cinema.chosun.com/movie/17349/5.jpg s6.jpg big: http://cinema.chosun.com/movie/17349/6.jpg s7.jpg big: http://cinema.chosun.com/movie/17349/7.jpg s8.jpg big: http://cinema.chosun.com/movie/17349/8.jpg s9.jpg big: http://cinema.chosun.com/movie/17349/9.jpg more... click here for album: http://www.cine21.com/Movies/Mov_Movie/mov...s=media&id=9431 Opening Date : Sept. 29 Director: 정지우 (Jung Ji-Woo) Cast: 김정은 (Kim Jung-Eun), 이태성 (Lee Tae-Sung) Website (Maxmovie Diary): http://diary.maxmovie.com/index2.asp?targetUserId=*sarangni* Official Website: http://www.sarangni.co.kr/ Rating: 15 And Over + Preview - mms://chosun.lgcdn.com/chosun/entertainment/LiveShop/cinema/coming/Lovetooth-pre.wmv + Theatrical Trailer (Streaming, 700k, Windows Media): mms://vod.cine21.com/cine21.com/movie/trailer/2005/09/lovein_tr_700k.wmv + Theatrical Trailer (Streaming, 300k, Windows Media): mms://nhnext.hvod.nefficient.co.kr/nhnext/movie/movieclip/trailers/T0002598_300.wmv + Teaser Trailer (Streaming, 300k, Windows Media): mms://nhnext.hvod.nefficient.co.kr/nhnext/movie/movieclip/trailers/T0002598_300.wmv + Teaser Trailer (Streaming, 700k, Windows Media): mms://nhnext.hvod.nefficient.co.kr/nhnext/movie/movieclip/trailers/T0002598_700.wmv + Teaser Trailer (Streaming, Real Media): http://www.film2.co.kr/realservice/trailers/T0002598.ram + Music Video (Streaming, Windows Media) by Min-Kyung of DIVA and Hwisung: mms://media1.maxmovie.com/av/Maxsaranimv.wmv + Music Video (Streaming, Real Media): http://www.film2.co.kr/realservice/trailers/M0002692.ram synopsis: 아련한 첫사랑의 기억을 머금고 새롭게 시작되는 또 하나의 눈부신 사랑 언제나 자신의 직관에 따라 똑바로 걸어 들어가는 입시 과외학원 수학 강사 조인영은 아름답고 씩씩한 여자다. 그녀의 잔잔하고 고요한 일상 속에 아련한 첫사랑의 모습을 꼭 빼닮은 17세의 이석이 학원생으로 들어온다. 인영은 자신의 첫사랑과 놀랍도록 닮은 그를 사랑하게 되고, 이석 또한 인영을 향한 마음을 숨기지 않고 적극적이다. 인영은 이름만 똑같은 게 아니라 정말 똑같이 생겼다는 혼잣말을 하루에도 몇 번씩 중얼거리며 첫사랑을 꼭 닮은 이석과 사랑하게 된 기쁨을 감추지 못한다. 그러나 고교시절 동창이자 룸메이트인 정우는 이석을 직접 보고도 과거의 이석과 전혀 닮지 않았다며 인영의 사랑을 믿지 않는다. 그러던 어느 날, 교복을 입은 17세의 여고생이 학원으로 이석을 찾아온다. 한편 정우는 자신의 첫사랑과 닮았다고 착각하며 17세 이석과의 사랑에 푹 빠져 버린 인영을 보다 못해 서른 살이 된 인영의 진짜 '첫사랑 이석'을 그녀 앞에 데려 오는데… ^ translation pls... ------------------------------------------------- When Jung Ji-Woo's previous film '해피엔드' ('Happy End') debuted 6 years ago, it shocked the nation. Not so much because of its content, which was hard hitting yes, but not particularly out of the ordinary. It was Jeon Do-Yeon who shocked people, when her transformation made the innocent sweetheart image she built on TV for the previous half decade vanish in one moment, during the film's first 10 minutes. Frank and honest sex scenes nobody expected her to shoot, but scenes which became the starting point for one of the most accomplished careers any Korean actress experienced in recent memory. She was the new Jang Mi-Hee: maybe not as pretty as the other 'troika' actresses (in her case, Lee Mi-Yeon and Go So-Young), but destroying the competition with her amazing acting skills. And director Jung must be praised, for bringing out that fire inside her which didn't have a canvas to emerge from, spending her time between trendy TV Dramas and melodramas on the big screen. But that wasn't the only attraction in Happy End. Choi Min-Shik's slowly exploding persona, keeping everything inside until he couldn't anymore, in contrast with his role in '쉬리' ('Shiri'); Joo Jin-Mo, who had already some acting experience, but was shockingly good (and although he has improved a lot during the last 5 years, he's never been able to carry on the intensity from that performance yet); a strong script, mixing genre conventions, social commentary and a nod to popular culture (Choi's character watching the 'syndrome' TV Drama of 99, '우리 정말 사랑했슬까?' ('Did We Really Love?') with Bae Yong-Joon and Kim Hye-Soo). 'Happy End' became an instant favorite, and is still remembered as one of the best films of the 90s by critics and public alike. With Jung taking a long period of 'rest' from directing films, anything he laid his hands on was bound to generate interest. The moment he announced Kim Jung-Eun - a good actress and one of the hardest working, nicest people in Chungmuro, who showed potential as an actress but has been wasted in films which rarely challenge her acting skills, just like Jeon Do-Yeon in 99 - as the lead for his new film, about a 30 something teacher falling in love with one of her 17 year old students, people started seeing the kind of potential that built when 'Happy End' was announced. Would he make a new actress out of Kim Jung-Eun, too? With all that expectation in mind, Jung's latest '사랑니' ('Close To You') had its press screening at the Seoul Theater last week. Present at the screening the director and stars Kim Jung-Eun, Lee Tae-Sung, Jung Yoo-Mi and Kim Young-Jae. Reviews have been quite positive, but there's a feeling the film might be too complicated for the average moviegoer, which explains the cold reaction in terms of box office potential. Interviews and Comments Press: You must feel this is the kind of film even kids could watch without worrying too much. Director Jung Ji-Woo: Even if people can be interested about other people's love stories, in reality they don't show that. I think if kids watch the film with their parents, it will be OK, because the most important thing was trying to be sincere with sentiments. It was also the second and third most important thing: because you think about that sincerity deep down in your heart, you don't pay much attention to what people on the outside think. Press: If this film came out a little earlier, it could have become the kind that raises more than a few eyebrows because of its theme, but it didn't seem to provoke much of a disapproving response. I'm curious how you approached the viewers' point of view and their understanding of the film while making it. Jung: I think that no matter how you look at it, the fact this film won't become a topic of conversation because of its problematic theme is a good thing. I never tried to reveal info about the film to show the characters' ages or occupations from the beginning. Because I tried to film with the idea of carefully showing a 30 something woman's state of mind when falling in love, I feel comfortable. And, on the contrary, I hope the issue doesn't even come up. Press: When you mention Kim Jung-Eun, it's inevitable her image comes up. Is there anything you changed because of this film, and did you feel any burden about that? Kim Jung-Eun: I never thought of completely transforming the image you think people have of myself. When I first receive screenplays, I always think of making a little upgrade; nothing major, but I often feel that thirst to change a few things about my acting. But then again, the real problem was that I didn't know how to change back then, even though I tried. But then came the script for 'Close To You', and I decided to just follow the director's instructions. Since I was tired of always doing the same things, and wanted to differentiate a little my image from the beginning, that couldn't possibly be a burden to me. Press: You have painted a really unique love story in this film. Shooting the film, did you experience any changes about what you consider love to be? Kim: Honestly, I thought a lot about this love story between a 30 something woman and her 17 year old student. I think being in their 30s is a very important moment for women, and I think she wouldn't have done that if she were in her early 20s. That feeling at the end of the film, it's the same kind I want to have living in this world in my 30s. I also think that 30 something period in the film is a nice age to live in. You could become a little more cynical about things like love, compared to what you felt in your early 20s. I'm the same, actually, I don't feel the same way compared to before I started acting in my 20s. It's not just about loving a 17 year old man, but the sincerity of the moment, the possibility of falling in love if you find a person who makes your heart beat. Lee Tae-Sung: I think this idea of the 30 vs 17 and teacher vs student is a kind of formality. At first I thought why I wanted to see the teacher from the beginning, but then I just decided It was because I wanted to do it, nothing more. Even if you think about all the implications and meanings of what I do in the film, things become even more complicated. That's why I just decided to be sincere. If you just take off all the formalities, like teacher and student, or their 13 years of difference, I think you'll envy the kind of relationship the two have. Quick Judgment Yonhap News' Kim Byung-Gyu Film Quality: EXCELLENT Box Office Potential: AVERAGE Joycine's Seo Jung-Hwan Film Quality: AVERAGE Box Office Potential: AVERAGE Premiere's Shim Soo-Jin Film Quality: EXCELLENT Box Office Potential: AVERAGE Elle's Lee Sook-Myung Film Quality: GOOD Box Office Potential: AVERAGE Movieweek's Lee Joo-Young Film Quality: EXCELLENT Box Office Potential: GOOD Press Screening Video (Streaming ASF File): mms://media3.nkino.com/nkinotv2/5159/300.asf Via nKino and Star News » Posted by X at September 26, 2005 11:26 PM c: www.twitchfilm.net c: cinema.chuson.com c: www.cine21.com

I thought the movie was called Wisdom Tooth.. :huh:

sometimes ..the titles of kmovies can varies .in english and it korean version ..because there is so call the official english translation of the title ..like for *a moment to remember* the korean name does not really meant that ......

i think maybe it is better if you post a movie thread the names of the main cast is there in the title too so it will be clearer to see which movie it is ..~~ just a suggestion

When Jung Ji-Woo's previous film '해피엔드' ('Happy End') debuted 6 years ago, it shocked the nation. Not so much because of its content, which was hard hitting yes, but not particularly out of the ordinary. It was Jeon Do-Yeon who shocked people, when her transformation made the innocent sweetheart image she built on TV for the previous half decade vanish in one moment, during the film's first 10 minutes. Frank and honest sex scenes nobody expected her to shoot, but scenes which became the starting point for one of the most accomplished careers any Korean actress experienced in recent memory. She was the new Jang Mi-Hee: maybe not as pretty as the other 'troika' actresses (in her case, Lee Mi-Yeon and Go So-Young), but destroying the competition with her amazing acting skills. And director Jung must be praised, for bringing out that fire inside her which didn't have a canvas to emerge from, spending her time between trendy TV Dramas and melodramas on the big screen.

what it say here about happy end is really so true !! .it is truly a classic in it own right .!! shocking even till today ..because of JDY performance in it ~~ ...

=

Director Jung Ji-Woo’s Latest Subject: Forbidden Love at 30

SEPTEMBER 29, 2005 03:05

by Seung-Jae Lee (sjda@donga.com)

The director of “Happy End,” Jung Ji-woo, has released “Sarangni,” his second work in six years.

After “Happy End,” a vulgar yet desperate love story, Jung has now cooked up a romance with a unique flavor.

First up, the ingredients (the plot). They are incredibly intricate and brimming with creativity.

The age of the heroine is one thing. Thirty. Not young but not old, either. It’s an age that can be satisfied with reality (a cohabitating male), that may linger on a young girl’s first love, or that could mean trouble with a juvenile student. Coincidentally, Kim Jung-eun, who plays the role of Cho In-yeong, hit 30 just this year.

The names Jung uses add to the plot. The name of the heroine’s first boyfriend, Lee Seok, is the name of her student, her forbidden love. The student’s crush, Cho In-yeong, is also the heroine’s name. The heroine believes the student “looks like my first boyfriend,” but the first love she meets again at a reunion is a completely different man. Cho tries to fall in love with twin brothers who resemble the boy she loved, but despairs at the impossibility. The two Lees wreak havoc for the heroine, the two Chos play tug-of-war with the student Lee, and the twins confuse the student Cho.

Are memory and reality the same, like the exterior of a person and his mind? The irony of such similarity and disparity in life are all present in Jung’s work. In the end, the heroine, Cho, gets to meet her first love, her live-in partner, and her student all in one place. It seems like a muddle, but somewhere, a certain order among her love interests prevails. At this precise moment, her wisdom tooth starts to throb. What a queer love allegory!

The second aspect is the recipe (directing). With the special ingredients, the director unravels a seemingly mundane love story. He reaches for a 30-year-old woman’s “love philosophy” through the distinctiveness of “a hakwon teacher who falls in love with a juvenile student.” A story that is “unique but generic” according to Jung.

The taste (results) is the third factor. I failed to “taste” anything, despite the fresh ingredients and recipe. Eye-opening lines like, “I want to sleep with him (the student)” and “I’ve never seen one uncircumcised. It’s pretty” are flung at us uninhibitedly by the heroine (Kim Jung-eun, no less), but don’t really penetrate the audiences’ hearts as anything worth our full emotions. They talk of desire and desire freely, but a problem arises when we don’t feel any. Perhaps it’s the shadow that comes from the director’s intention to slowly devolve a squirming game of love until it becomes a tepid game of chess.

Kim Jung-eun is neither bad nor good. We worry that she has turned into an “ice princess,” utterly incapable of subtle facial expressions.

Sarangni opens September 29, and is rated for audiences ages 15 and up.

Guest zingsharon

i would like to watch this movie...

it looks quite nice...

but actually the love betwwen teacher and student...

erm... i cant accept it in reality~

^ reallyy???? that's rather unusual...

I thought it was strange as well for a movie with a storyline like this one but the last time I visited the main site, the title is still called Wisdom Tooth.. :unsure:

I thought the movie was called Wisdom Tooth.. :huh:

It is. The person who started this just a made a mistake. Don't worry, it's not the end of the world. :)

This movie......should be very interesting.

A 30 year old teacher falling in love with a high school[?] student. How queer.

A 30 year old teacher falling in love with a high school[?] student. How queer.

that is queer. but.. i want to watch this. kim juneun is so prettty.

• 1 month later...
Guest friendly_me

Is this the movie that KJE got nominated for best actress at this year's korean movie award?

yup! kim jung eun got nominated in the recently held baek sang awards for best actress in a movie... :)

Guest Choi Ji Woo

This movie has the same plot as the MBC drama Romance / To Be With You, starring Kim Ha Neul & Kim Jae Won..it's also about a teacher falling in love with her student, and they encounter many problems as a result!

But who cares? I'm a fan of Kim Jung Eun, so I'm also looking forward on watching it here in the Philippines..

She's quite popular here in our country due to her smash hit drama, Lovers in Paris..Park Shin Yang also!!!!!!

I'm not familiar with the male lead, but I'm always welcome in recognizing unfamiliar stars here in the Phils...

Guest akichan

yup! kim jung eun got nominated in the recently held baek sang awards for best actress in a movie... :)

Thanks.. i saw some reviews before abt this movie which is not very complimentary.. so was surprised to see both actor and actress were nominated. hm.. might give this one a try ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kimutaku

Can anyone explain this movie because i was really in love with it, but i had no idea on the ending!!

haha! me too! I ws looking forward to this film. Then, just saw it last weekend, and I was kinda disappointed.

The story is injected with so many methapors and symbolism that I ended up confused. I actually forgot what she said at the ending (flashback with cherry blossoms at the background) with her friend. I want to believe that the ending is that she & her friend will end up together. ( the divorced friend is so cute, didnt get his name though) :blush:

Guest annababy

I watched the movie and personally, I HATED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the male lead is HOT THOUGH!

but yeah, the storyline sucks, acting is okay, but it was one of the worst korean love story movies i've ever saw!!!!!!!!!

it was a dumb theme, dumb story, EVERYTHING IS JUST SO STUPID!!!!!!!

AND it was disturbing how a 30 year old woman falls in love with a 17/18 year old boy!!!!!!! her student in hakwon!!!!!!!!!!

gosh, kim jung eun was so stupid to do this kind of richard simmons movie

i'm sorry but i'm so MAD on how stupid this movie was and how i wasted hours dling and watching it!!!!!!!!!!!

don't take it personal but if you want my opinion, THIS MOVIE SUCKED BIG BALLS!!!!!!!!! BIG TIMEEEE!!!!

um, i'm just so confused with the movie...i just didn't get it at all...would someone care to explain if the young In-young and the older In-young are the same girl? In the beginning of the movie it makes you think that they are but in the middle where the 3 meet (young & older inyoung, lee suk)..but the ending is weird too...Where the older In-young was making sounds of her tooth ache and she was with the 3 men...like, 'Huh? that was it?'....and When the young In-young asked Joo Sung(?) to touch her appendix area...and she wanted to reborn to be In-suk? I was just like, 'Whaat the ---?'.

please explain it to me...

( the divorced friend is so cute, didnt get his name though) :blush:

he's Bi's brother in the drama Ijuksa...i didn't know he was going to be in this movie...after watching the movie...he's the only saving grace for me though (and girl playing the young in-young was cute too!)...the story just sucks...and i felt like i wasted my time in downloading and watching this movie.

• 1 month later...

yeah to tell you the truth i have to agree. it was very slow paced. and pretty much had a boring plot. it wasn't really hooking me anywhere. and the fact that its another paedophile movie is kinda...wrong.

usually those type of movies arent that fun unless theyre comedy or something.

yeah it wasn't worth downloading. i thought it wuldve been fun to watch since she comes out in some pretty good movies and dramas.

there wasn't any point in making this movie coz it was just really bad. don't try to understand it coz its really not worth it --;;

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dashuu

well, i liked it but it was also confusing like it was mentioned here before!

the end was not very breathtaking, i hoped for a solution until the end but it seems like they were "just lets wait 2 years til im not a student anymore"...hm...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest gerika

Wow~ so many bad response about the movie.

I guess I'm the only one who was really impressed by the story.

Most people are used to those comedy type of movies and dramas about teacher and student falling in love but this movie is different. It's not sad or dramatic... it's different and very unique. I personally didn't get confused at all with the storyline. And why should there always be a spectacular ending or conclusion? For me I made the conclusion myself after watching the movie.

I read the articles above and I guess it's true that the story might be too complicated for most movie goers. And to me it often happens that I get deeply impressed by those unpopular, confusing or sometimes even refered to as weird movies ^..^ It's really interesting how different people's opinions can be.

I enjoyed the movie and I would recommend it to people who can still see a bit more than simple conclusions ^.^v

By the way, I never noticed how cute Lee TaeSung is ^..^ Now I want to watch other movies he was in. I though he was way older but he's only year and a half older than me ^O^ I'm getting old LOL

Archived