[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

• Replies 25.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was fun watching BOF at Netflix party while waiting for Pachinko @Edgar Pordwed @CarolynH @Min2206 @ATW @syntyche @msdot @1ouise   Seeing the arrogant GJP get his comeuppance from littl

cr:  KBS via FanCrops   I think this, arguably, was a favorite scene @CallieP @syntyche @Edgar Pordwed @Min2206 @ATW  .  Hope you can join us next week @msdot and @1ouise.  Some great scenes

I cried visiting this thread.. so so many fond memories. BOF would always be my #1

Guest totallyblu

They are dragging the fiance arc.... getting bored... should stop this sooner.

agree with u it's getting boring....i kinda feeling this episode is boring...they drag the fiance, JH -JD story too long...what's the point to make a romantic story between JK-JP n JH-JD if in the end they won't be together, why they don't just make a scene JD-JP a bit longer eventhough they aren't together (yet) but it would be nice if they have a bit longer scene....I don't know maybe bickering thingy or something but seeing them (jp/jk n jh/jd) getting cosy to each other kinda boring...specially when I saw the JP kinda "have a feeling" to jk (I mean I felt that he starting to have a feeling maybe pity or something) but still it annoying :))

and Yj story it's starting to get my nerve its so boring with the recapping his past love story (too long....make it shorter would be nice) and he's crying when somebody step on his hand I thing its unnecessary eventhough I know it was hurt bu come one he is THE F4 supposed to be a though one but seeing him crier like that I was like what the ....?? one thing I like is to see woo bin kicked some richard simmons (eventhough the story coming nowhere :))

I never compare this versions with another but seeing this episode (no actually up to before the fiance thingy come up I do really like this version) but after the fiance come to the picture I feel that the story flow kinda disappointing to be honest with the fiance story I like the Japversion they made it short and simple.

so my opinions episode 18 is boring (sorry guys, but that's what I feel)

Guest Daiquiri

^ Well the Japanese HYD did have less episodes. If I recall the fiancee arc was pretty long in the second season and she did continue to pop up now and then, all the way up till the end.

I had too many favorite one-liners. One that somewhat stuck out was when Jun-pyo says to Jan-di, "Haven't you ever seen a drama before?" Oh the irony in that line.

I agree the Woo-bin scene was somewhat random. For those who asked it was a flashback, he was reminiscing. Maybe they will expand more on his story in future episodes. I'm sure it will be short just like this scene, since we still have the fiancee arc to wrap up, the maid arc, Mama Kang's wrath, etc.

Despite what others have said, I didn't find this episode to be draggy at all. I actually like the pace it's going at currently (though like everyone else, I want my Jundi couple asap). IMO, this episode didn't feel so rushed or awkward, like some of the previous episodes. Episode 17 was had a nice slow pace too. However that one had one too many scenes jumping all over the place, but given GHS's circumstances I let it slide.

As much as I want tomorrow's episode to come I am getting a little sad the drama is winding down. We are going to go through some major withdrawal symptoms after March. :T

Guest eternitygoddess

Lmao at the randomness of Woobin scene! I think he was reminiscing the time in his life when he is having issues with self-esteem or something and Yi Jung was there for him. I bet he was thinking what a great friend Yi Jung is I should give him a call! Lol!!

I think the two of them should get married, since Soeul is a wreck now.

Guest Ahr3um

Did anyone post the rating?

Here's AGB's rating for today's episode: Credit Kdramafanusa

1. Cruel Temptation / Lure Of Wife <아내의유혹> (SBS) - 34.2%, 33.3%

2. Boys Over Flower <꽃보다남자> (KBS2) - 32.9%, 33.3% (#1)

3. The Road Home <집으로가는길> (KBS1) - 21.5%, 21.9%

ETA

TNS's Rating:

1. Boys Over Flower <꽃보다남자> (KBS2) - 35.5%, 35.7% (#2)

2. Cruel Temptation / Lure Of Wife <아내의유혹> (SBS) - 35.2%, 36.9% (#1)

3. The Road Home <집으로가는길> (KBS1) - 19.1%, 18.1%

congrats i tink this is their highest ratings yet? maybe?

i bet tmr will be higher!

Guest lyptika

Boys Over Flowers - Ep.18 (Ental) re-timed Softsubs

http://sharebee.com/a7ebf2cc

credit: viikii.net subbers :D

Did anyone post the rating?

TNS's Rating:

Wow, I didn't expect BOF to beat Temptation of Wife! Yay! ^^

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO & SUBS FOR EPISODE 18

PART 1

PART 2

PART 3

PART 4

PART 5

PART 6

PART 7

Thank you very much for subbing, arashi!

Let's see if I have this straight: Most people seem to have nothing but contempt for "monkey girl" even thogh she is never anything but sweet and thoughtful (which somehow translates to "annoying" now that everyone has accepted Jandi's former "annoying" ways and wishes that she'd return to them :huh: ) yet everyone is over the moon for Kim Bum's character although he is mostly cold, dismissive and hurtful to Gaeul. Do I have that right??? :unsure::blink::crazy:

me again,

i know all of you are happy that JP and Jd are getting closer again...not me

i still wish JH ends up with her -

i thought i got hints on how the show will end, but i could be wrong...

in the temple, where the monk said - treasure her - she'll give you a family

then his grandpa is saying that JD is already set aside for someone else -surely he's referring to his grandson.....

gosh i really really really hope the writers do pair them up somehow....they did say, that they wont follow closely on the manga.

Haha... I thought the fiance arc in HYD would only be short and it lasted 9 of the 11 episodes. I hoped the same for BoF, but with the way it's going... I'll learn to never get my hopes up again.

On episode 18, though, I totally agree; the Won Bin scene - what? Are the producers trying to give this guy his own say in the story? I know people are asking for it but there's no need, there's already enough to be going on with, with Jun Pyo, Ji Hoo and Yi Joung and as far as my opinion goes I don't really care about that guy at all. Either way it didn't work for me, it was thrown in a completely unnecessary place. Utterly random and a waste of 7 minutes? As for YJ! I can't believe he injured his hand - I honestly hope that some miracle will happen and it'll be back to normal and he's just being angsty like he has been about everything else for the past episode or two. I don't know what they're planning on doing on the YJ/GE front. It looks as though GE has no chance of shaking his feelings for his childhood friend/female pottery companion/teacher /can't remember her name person.

I thought there's only be one episode this week so looking forward to tomorrows! With the pace it's going I wonder if they'll include the Umi/memory arc at all, not that I'd have any complaints if they didn't, that girl is definitely the most frustrating thing in HYD's/BoF's existence. :ph34r:

Guest hayuna

@robbo4: Well, people mostly think she's annoying because she's an active obstacle in the way of the show's OTP, Junpyo and Jandi. I doubt they would hate her if she was the sole love interest of another character. And I'm sure if Yijung was coming on to Junpyo and trying to steal his love instead of being all loveydovey with Woobin/Gaeul, they'd find him a bit annoying as well-

...Well, maybe not. xD

Remember, this show is mostly watched by irrational fangirls, and so being a hot guy makes up for a lot.

Guest XiahxTiffany

OMFG i have to watch the new episode like rite now!!!

i was thinking of holding it off till tmrw

but after seeing JP scared to death in a pic

i was like omg has to be funny today lol :)

Guest lilnahnah

me again,

i know all of you are happy that JP and Jd are getting closer again...not me

i still wish JH ends up with her -

i thought i got hints on how the show will end, but i could be wrong...

in the temple, where the monk said - treasure her - she'll give you a family

then his grandpa is saying that JD is already set aside for someone else -surely he's referring to his grandson.....

gosh i really really really hope the writers do pair them up somehow....they did say, that they wont follow closely on the manga.

Um...while in many ways Jihoo and Jandi would be good together...

it's not gonna happen.

No matter how much they decide to make this drama a little different from the manga, they still have to follow the basic foundation of the story.

And THE STORY...the two people at the VERY CENTER of it all...are Junpyo and Jandi.

:mellow: Sorry...it just ain't gonna happen...

(Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Jihoo. If it were me, I'd totally take Jihoo. But the fact is...it's not happening...)

Guest hyukiemylove

thanks for everyone that posted up the screencaps because they were like ULTRA HD :DDD

I really don't get the whole woobin scene either. I guess it does show his bond with the other f4 but really? talk abour random. I am getting slightly tired of seeing kimbum get angry because whenever he does, it always seems like "this" anger has acted out before. I really do love the intensity he has in his eyes when he's angry but there's something about it that feels not authentic but I just can't really pinpoint it. Does anyone else feel this way?

I was kinda surprised that Junpyo just realized why Jandi can't swim anymore because I thought it was made clear my YJ at Macau but I guess JP just didn't catch on I suppose.

and I'm still surprised that that the fiance arc isn't over yet. I think it's been dragging a little bit too long... I mean honestly, JK just needs to GTFO so theres more jundi time because I'm really having a hard time staying on the jundi float after Jihoo time and time again comes and rescues Jandi. It honestly just sucks that he's doing all this and getting nothing in return.

The whole "oh jandi, i'm your neighbor" thing is kinda weird and unexpected. It makes sense that he wants to spend more time with jandi but actually moving nextdoor? LOLwth? and that ramen scene. Was it necessary to tell jandi that her ramen looked better than his? I dont get it.

To me, this episode wasn't anything too special. nothing memorable. I'm hoping tomorrow will be absolutely amazing. :D

also, when they are at the museum, what is the song. It's so cute and addicting. :D

Guest dreampryncezz

I thought 17+18 weren't amazing. The scenes do not fit well together. I think definitely GHS's mouth injury really delayed productions, but that is understandable.

Can't wait for tomorrow's episode. I think it will be good.

On an additional note, don't you guys notice how good 13+14 were? The production team can do so much when they have more time! I really wished that we only get one episode a week if it means the episodes would be more memorable.

@robbo4: Well, people mostly think she's annoying because she's an active obstacle in the way of the show's OTP, Junpyo and Jandi. I doubt they would hate her if she was the sole love interest of another character. And I'm sure if Yijung was coming on to Junpyo and trying to steal his love instead of being all loveydovey with Woobin/Gaeul, they'd find him a bit annoying as well-

...Well, maybe not. xD

Remember, this show is mostly watched by irrational fangirls, and so being a hot guy makes up for a lot.

LOL! It took me a while to take in what you said about Yijung coming onto Junpyo b/c I was so surprised.

Yeah, I was just saying to my cousin yesterday how I don't care what these boys do, I'll still love them since they're so hot.

-----------

On another note, JD should've cut JP's curls out. She had the perfect chance for revenge. muhahaha. I would if I were here since I don't know why he's been acting all hot and cold with me.

When I saw JP sleeping, I was thinking, get a pair of scissors out!

And THE STORY...the two people at the VERY CENTER of it all...are Junpyo and Jandi.

Totally agree!!!! This drama without Jun Pyo & Jandi's love issues would have beeeen boring and irrelevant. Loved all the sweet moments at Jandi's new place. 2moro's episode looks good.

Hmm..cool!! Sounds like everyone seems to like this episode more. That's good!! I haven't gotten to watch it yet, I still have to go home and download it. I guess there is a preview at the end of this episode and it sounds good too. Even though that is the case, it still sounds depressing because other depressing storylines are going to pop. Well, at least the fiancee arc is finally leaving. I can't believe it was so long.

Congrats on the higher ratings!! It just means all their hard work isn't a waste.

Hmm....I always thought that Won Bin is closer to Yi Jung and Ji Hoo was closer to Jun Pyo. So, its nothing new to me if they were closer to one friend and not the other. So, Won Bin gets to beat people again? I seem to love to see him beat people, he is so manly when he does that. Haha...:lol:

Hmm...I always thought that Korean Dramas were draggy and japanese dramas were short, but I prefer the draggy parts. Hmm...I don't know...I guess I kind of like to complain at the angst. Too short makes me think...oh what happened?

I guess Yi Jung cried when his hand got stepped on. Well, I don't think of that as being unmanly. Amongst everything that happened to him, I think his crying is something for him to release. Yea, he is F4, but so what, F4 are also human beings and will cry sometime if something really bad happened. Also, the hand that is good at pottery got hurt. I think for me if that happens, everything will come to mind like why is everything bad happening to me and whether I am going to be able to continue pottering, that is enough to make me cry. I know he didn't get hurt bad from the way it sounds, but still, I think everything else that happened is the reason for his crying.

So, it seems that there are no good Soeul moments in this eppie, but I'm sure it will get better. At least, we get some JP and JD moments. I really want to see JP's reaction to JD's shoulder.

Hm....I guess I should go home and download it.

Guest funkindagirl

I dont think Id want the losing memory arc in there anymore. We're getting to the point where JD and JP might get together again once JK is out of the picture.

And then if he suddenly loses his memory right after and forgets JD...that is just plain cruel for JD and us viewers. lol

Im all for the maid arc though. yup...i am. :D

TNS's Rating:

Wow thats awesome. It hit 35%...LMH said he hoped it could reach 40%..that may just be possible now

I guess people were really looking forward to this week's episode after only 1 last week.

agree with u it's getting boring....i kinda feeling this episode is boring...they drag the fiance, JH -JD story too long...what's the point to make a romantic story between JK-JP n JH-JD if in the end they won't be together, why they don't just make a scene JD-JP a bit longer eventhough they aren't together (yet) but it would be nice if they have a bit longer scene....I don't know maybe bickering thingy or something but seeing them (jp/jk n jh/jd) getting cosy to each other kinda boring...specially when I saw the JP kinda "have a feeling" to jk (I mean I felt that he starting to have a feeling maybe pity or something) but still it annoying :))

and Yj story it's starting to get my nerve its so boring with the recapping his past love story (too long....make it shorter would be nice) and he's crying when somebody step on his hand I thing its unnecessary eventhough I know it was hurt bu come one he is THE F4 supposed to be a though one but seeing him crier like that I was like what the ....?? one thing I like is to see woo bin kicked some richard simmons (eventhough the story coming nowhere :))

so my opinions episode 18 is boring (sorry guys, but that's what I feel)

I think its cos he's feeling very emotionally vulnerable (...and drunk) at the moment so he's not the tough F4 guy when he's outnumbered. And I assume he cried too from the immense pain. lol

Well BOF is essentially a love story, and a love story aint complete without love triangles and squares. haha

But I do agree with your point though that even if JD and JP arent together for the moment they could've added a lot more scenes of them together. But they're starting to do that now which is why I loved Ep.18 so much.

Guest lilnahnah

The whole "oh jandi, i'm your neighbor" thing is kinda weird and unexpected. It makes sense that he wants to spend more time with jandi but actually moving nextdoor? LOLwth? and that ramen scene. Was it necessary to tell jandi that her ramen looked better than his? I dont get it.

Well if you notice right after Junpyo's mom leaves, the secretary leaves the "file" of the pictures of Jandi moving into her new place under Junpyo's pillow for him to see...

meaning, that man is rooting for Jandi & Junpyo cuz he sees how much it's hurting Junpyo...Especially since Junpyo's probably boiling over with guilt having just heard about Jandi's shoulder injury.

Therefore, voila! Next day, Junpyo sees pictures, realizes what the secretary must've done, and goes off to have some Jandi time while his mom's gone.

And the ramen scene...

It's kind of a Korean thing where people say it tastes better to eat it off the pot lid...

(It doesn't really, but it's just one of those things people think therefore it is? haha)

It may have seemed random, but actually people fight over the pot lid (jokingly!) when ramen is cookin on the stove.

Guest doremii*

yet everyone is over the moon for Kim Bum's character although he is mostly cold, dismissive and hurtful to Gaeul. Do I have that right???

he's a guy. Most of the viewers for this drama are female. lol

however I agree with you, YJ pisses me off lol actually I find all the F4s either annoying or boring.

I think the two of them should get married, since Soeul is a wreck now.

LOL that'd be hilarious

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자