[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest skye.

That was episode 12 when Jan Di gave the money back for the evil witch, madam Kang .

Thank you! I knew it was around episode 11 or 12! Heh.

이민호는 금요일(6일) 오전 스포츠조선과 의 전화 인터뷰에서 "얼마 전 혜선이 누나가 교통사고를 당해 병원에 데려다 준 적이 있다"며 "그래서 열애 기사가 나간 것 같은데 조금 황당하고 어이없다"고 말했다. 이어 그는 "추측성 기사 때문에 무서워서 뭘 못할 지경"이라며 "가급적 자제해 주셨으면 좋겠다"고 덧붙였다. - Lee Min Ho stated in an interview over the phone, "A few days ago, I took Hye Sun noona to the hospital after a car accident. I think this is where the rumor came from, but it's still absurd and makes no sense. I scared that anything else I'll do will result in speculations. I hope they can tone down as much as possible."

"(추측성 기사로 인해) 스트레스를 많이 받고 있다"며 "신경이 많이 예민해져 있다"고 전했다. - He's under a lot of stress because of them(the rumors). He has gotten more sensitive."

They are actors who work everyday, and get no time for their personal life. Of course they are close. If this is the way things are going to happen, I guess they won't be able to even talk or eat together anymore."

LMH sounds so resigned. It's actually kind of sad that any relationship you have is scrutinized so severely by your own fans.

I hope this doesn't affect their off-screen rapport with each other. Ignore it guys.

Thanks Knossos for translating Happy Together; dunlop09, lovenlight, polaris and everyone I missed, a big thank you for translating and sharing all the articles. You guys rock!

Minho said that his favorite scene out of all the scenes in BOF was their kissing scene on the swings... this made me giddy too... wahahaha! He could have highlighted other scenes which showcased his acting prowess but he chose this specifically... :)

Like you sheherizade... i love the fact how everyone turns to him for explanations regardng Hyesun's injuries... even when they visited the hospital... he was very confident in going straight inside Hyesun's room with nary a look back... hehe... :) No wonder they have such good chemistry onscreen...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on episode 17 flower pot. Your comments were so hilarious and I enjoyed reading them.

I agree with LMH. His kissing scene with GHS on the swing was truly heart stopping and from their expressions, their body language and the way they looked at each other, I can see they were feeling real emotions and were carried away by the moment. Great acting.

LMH was just classy with the way he conducted himself after he saved GHS.

OK, so i've decided that if i don't express my inner most feelings, i'm gonna really lose it

so im WARNING all the JaeKyung fans (if there are any) OR anyone who doesn't dislike jaekyung to NOT read this post.

Enjoyed your comments KiBUm_Love. I totally agree with you; JK’s bathing suit was hideous. Calling the style police. Gee, she should be arrested for that…..ha…ha…ha

Episode 17 - Jihoo you are the man!! you are the hero!!! Oh my Lord, is there anyone like him on Earth cuz I won't mind having one for myself. I'm sure everyone noticed that the JD/JH moments were now outnumbering those of JP and JD, however, I am not complaining Mr. pd man, nah uh, for as long as JK is around JP, JD needs someone like JH in her life especially when she's going through withdrawal from JP. Could you imagine if he was not around? Poor JD will be sniffling all by herself every time she sees JP and JK prancing around campus with JP virtually treating her like a stranger. He cannot even be civil to her for crying out loud. Mr. pd man, what are you doing to our JP? Why is he so weepy and weak? Let him make up his mind already cuz he is becoming an insensitive, cruel brute and no matter what mommy tells him, he has no right to treat JD that way. Although this episode had very little JP and JD moments, it was obvious during those times when they were forced to come face to face, from their body language and stolen glances, that they’re still very much in love with each other. Love to watch JP's eyes glaze over with jealousy, a punishment he deserves for putting JD through a lot of heartache. I like how Mr. pd man is building up the tension among JP and JD, JP and JK, JP and JH, JD and JK that would lead up to the four of them finally breaking down their defenses and openly admitting to what they truly feel. Of course not everyone will be happy and it’s inevitable that JH and JK would be left standing alone. Ok, that being said, let's not drag this anymore Mr. pd man, I am looking forward to more JP and JD moments in the coming episodes. They have suffered enough being away from each other; wave your magic wand Mr. pd man and let JK disappear. Even though I love JH, JD belongs to JP Mr. pd man so no more excuses, I expect more JP/JD and less JH/JD moments. And please, can you give back our spunky heroine JD because she just turned into one of those cliché kdrama heroine who walks around like a zombie with sad, puppy eyes; she is not the type so please don’t turn her into one.

It must be very hard for JH to watch the woman he loves working herself to the bone not to mention, trying to move on after a heartbreak. So he rolled up his sleeves and got to work helping her, something he probably has not done before. Another “first” in a line of “firsts” that he does for the sake of JD. KHJ’s acting really improved by leaps and bounds. His character is not very talkative but when he does, its almost like his mind carefully checks every word before he utters them. Very convincing act for someone who had a mild form of autism; KHJ has learned to internalize his acting. He seemed detached from his surrounding but when it comes to JD, his mind is like a radar; so focused on her, her needs, her wants. What’s amazing is that JH derives joy from doing all the little things he does to make her happy without expecting anything in return. I agree with some posters who complained that the JH/JD cleaning scene took so much precious time out of the episode. I'm guessing it's because of KHJ's popularity so he is given more than his share of screen time.

jhjd_ep17.jpg

JH found JD in the ladies’ room unconscious and brought her to his home. He called the doctor who informed him that JD was just overfatigued and malnourished. Gazing upon the sleeping JD, he took hold of her hand and saw that her finger was badly scratched. Recalling previously how JD bandaged his finger, JH could not help himself and kissed her hand tenderly. No matter how much he suppressed his feeling for JD, JH could not control himself and had to physically express his love for her.

jhjd2_ep17.jpg

jhjd4_ep17.jpg

Unbeknownst to JH, JP walked in and saw him kissing her hand. He turned around and cried in his car, recalling JH's words to him at the airport that he will no longer hold back and go after JD. To add to his frustrations, his mother's words echoed in his ear with regards to the precarious situation of their company. I think what made JP finally decide to date JK was what he saw in the bedroom. He must have concluded that JD and JH were already in a relationship; thinking about it, what would a girl be doing in a man's bedroom. That was a very compromising scene as far as JP was concerned. His cry was heartbreaking; it was a mixture of regret and extreme sadness.

jhjd5_ep17.jpg

jhjd6_ep17.jpg

JP must still be reeling from discovering his ex in the bedroom of his best friend, so he coldly ignored JD when they met in the hallway of the school. However, as she walked away, he turned back to look at her and then kicked the wall.

jpjd_ep17.jpg

jpjd1_ep17.jpg

An ecstatic JK could not contain her happiness at the knowledge that finally, JP decided to date her. Of course, she then blurts out the good news to her "best friend" JD. To hear that JP is going out with another woman after being dumped by him would be the last straw for JD who tearfully congratulated the unsuspecting JK. I never really liked JK from the beginning; she may genuinely like JD but I still find her pushy, selfish and annoying.

jd_ep17.jpg

The Samsung's Anycall Haptic launch was attended by the F3s (of course they have to advertise) together with the newly engaged couple JP and JK and their parents. It was clear that the F3s did not like JK, especially WB who completely ignored her. YJ was polite but JH seemed to look through her and not at her as if she’s invisible in his eyes. It’s obvious that F3’s loyalty is not with their own kind but with JD. JP was his usual glum self and did not even bother to be nice to JK’s parents. Of course mommy Kang was beaming from ear to ear like a cobra.

jpjk5_ep17.jpg

jpjk1_ep17.jpg

jpjk2_ep17.jpg

jpjk3_ep17.jpg

jpjk4_ep17.jpg

JK must really be thick-skinned to go on a date with JP who did not hide the fact that he found her annoying and apparently did not enjoy her company. It was evident from the getgo that she's used to having her way and their dates were no exception. She did not even bother to ask JP where he'd like to go; she just dragged him around. The way she shoved the popcorn in JP's mouth when they were watching a movie was just gross; she was treating him like one of her pets. Except for the fact that she likes JD, this woman does not seem to have any redeeming qualities. At first she seems like a cool person to hang out with but then she starts to get on your nerves and soon she's just suffocating. She was clinging onto JP all the time, so needy and insecure. I got the impression that she fell head over heels in love with JP and therefore, all the more determined to have him whether he loves her or not. It's pathetic to watch her accept JP's insults, even when he calls her "monkey."

jpjk6_ep17.jpg

gjp_ep17.jpg

Unfortunately for JK, JD has always been in JP's mind especially when he saw his handwriting in the cable car reminding him of the night he spent with JD.

jpjk7_ep17.jpg

The kiss between JP and JK would have been a humiliating experience for JK had she opened her eyes and saw JP kissing her like a dead fish. Good job Mr. pd man; you really made sure that JP was just doing his obligatory lip service just to get rid of JK. The flashbacks of his kisses with JD was a nice touch too.

jpjk9_ep17.jpg

JH saw what was coming so he pulled JD and covered her face to keep her from witnessing the kiss. This scene was so touching; it almost made me wish that JD would fall in love with JH. He's becoming such a romantic hero that I can't blame some viewers preferring him over JP.

jpjk10_ep17.jpg

JD's frayed nerves could no longer handle another disappointing incident so she requested JH if he could bring her somewhere. They ended up by the riverbank; the place was like their relationship, serene and beautiful. Although, they were very close and sweet, there was no doubt in my mind they're just the best of friends. JD never led him on and JH understood that he can never be JP in JD's eyes.

jhjd7_ep17.jpg

I always get a kick watching JP getting so jealous whenever he sets eyes on JH and JD. When they entered the restaurant, JK was so excited to see them and did not notice JP staring at JD. JK decided to win coupons for JD by eating a humongous bowl of noodles. This scene was changed to accomodate JD's injury but it turned out to be good. Even though GHS did not speak, her facial expression was enough to convey what she felt, kudos to her great acting skills. She gave the impression that she did not appreciate JP and JK invading her space, that's why she refused to talk. Love the side glances JP and JD threw at each other.

jpjd2_ep17.jpg

jpjd3_ep17.jpg

jpjd4_ep17.jpg

jpjd5_ep17.jpg

JH's expression was so funny as he watched JK eat.

jpjd20_ep17.jpg

After winning the coupons, JK prevailed upon JD and JH to go on a double date at her family's resort. When they were alone, JK showed JD couple rings she purchased for her and JP. Inscribed in the rings were their initials, very similar to the necklace JP gave JD. I agree with someone who posted that JK may give these rings to JP and JD once she realizes and accepts that these two are meant for each other.

jpjd6_ep17.jpg

Oh, those dagger looks were so cute as JP stared at JH then JD when they were having dinner. JH fussing over JD was irritating him by the minute as he ate silently, hardly glancing at his fiancee who wanted to make a toast. To save her from embarrassment, JH obligingly click glasses with JK as well as JD.

jpjd7_ep17.jpg

jpjd8_ep17.jpg

jpjd11_ep17.jpg

jpjd10_ep17.jpg

JD must have felt pangs of jealousy when she saw the couple rings. She held the necklace JP gave her and looked at it admiringly, maybe trying to recall their sweet moment at the ski lodge. The necklace slipped from her fingers and fell in the swimming pool. Scared to lose it, JD frantically searched for it until she found it. She was hit by muscle cramps and in a panic started flailing trying to keep her head above water. She lost conciousness and woke up with a striken JP frantically calling her name. She asked JP how he was able to save her when he did not swim. JP told her that he learned how to swim because he did not want another man to save her the next time it happens. His confession must have been music to JD's ears as it proves that JP still cares for her. Mr. pd man can you just stop torturing these two, enough already. Let JP return to his beloved and to hell with mama kang. She can take the company and shove it where the sun don't shine.

jpjd12_ep17.jpg

jpjd13_ep17.jpg

jpjd14_ep17.jpg

As he was carrying JD, JK and JH met them looking worried. JP assured them that she's ok. JH told him that he'll take over from there and asked him to hand over JD. Instead of handing her over, JP hesitantly put JD on the floor so that JH had to bend down to help her up. JK saw the way JP was staring at them and from that moment, even before she picked up JD's necklace that was lying on the floor, she knew JP was in love with JD.

jpjd15_ep17.jpg

jpjd16_ep17.jpg

jpjd17_ep17.jpg

While JP was jealously mulling over losing JD to JH, JK came over, and hugged him from behind. JD walked in on this scene. I hope the next episode will show JP finally admitting to JK that JD is the only one he loves.

jpjd19_ep17.jpg

jpjd18_ep17.jpg

Guest ml_87

ths dunlop09, u're awesome as usual^^> so guys, if they have an affair, leave they develop their love naturally. they have the rights to keep their relationship secretly. poor MinHo and HS :( i think that MinHo is too young to adjust to the affair's rumors, which all stars have to face in their career. since BOF, he has quite a few, and he said that he's sad about them. i hope that if they cant be lovers in real life, they can be best friends^^

back to BOF, so i wonder whether the wedding in episode 20 or 22. i cant understand :(

Guest KristyS

pictures for upcoming Episode 18

JD and JH holding hands so sweet and romantic. i think this where JH finally confesses to JD

151001145_l.jpg

Awww, JD and JH are actually very cute together :( ... Makes me sad just by seeing this though because... I JP to come and see so he can get hurt too ! >:o . JD's been hurt enough ...

Guest XiahxTiffany

^

^

^nice analyzing and everything :)

wow u got the point through about JK

but i still dont hate JK shes still fun to be with i think

and shes a super main character at this moment lol

Whao... I'm actually very excited for the extension to 25 episodes. I've been sitting here, nervous as heck~~ although i knew that Joon Pyo and Jan Di will eventually end up together. :sweatingbullets: That's a relief though, really. I was beginning to think how they were going to fit all the other important arcs into just 7 episodes. :o Now we have 8 more to go! Thank you for the news!! Definitely made me happy today.. :phew:

And for those JD-JH holding hands photos to happen in ep18.. i don't think Ji Hoo will confess to Jan Di.. i bet that's the interpretation of the scene where Makino and Rui are going to sleep and she asks to hold his hand (something she says she can probably never do with Domyouji).

This version of BOF has definitely made everything very innocent and PG-rated.. :P I'm already doubting a passionate kiss scene between our Joon Di couple... (also because of GHS's injury that is still healing.. :unsure: ) But i'll think on the bright side for now. :rolleyes:

Guest rainbow9

Now we know why LMH and his company kept the car accident thing quiet. People are jumping to conclusions that LMH and GHS are dating now...lol

GHS has never had a scandal before she did BOF, and now she has had two false rumors of her love life spread since the start of the series

I don't know why its soo bad if there are rumors about them. It just shows us all how great they are as actors because of their chemistry. They should say, we are lovers. J/K LOL

wait..i got a question here..based on flower pot post..

(flower pot @ Mar 3 2009, 01:14 PM) *

Minho said that his favorite scene out of all the scenes in BOF was their kissing scene on the swings... this made me giddy too... wahahaha! He could have highlighted other scenes which showcased his acting prowess but he chose this specifically... smile.gif

Like you sheherizade... i love the fact how everyone turns to him for explanations regardng Hyesun's injuries... even when they visited the hospital... he was very confident in going straight inside Hyesun's room with nary a look back... hehe... smile.gif No wonder they have such good chemistry onscreen...

this happen after Hyesun's accident isit?

can i know how did you know this? is there any video regarding this?

Guest sweet_maple

wait..i got a question here..based on flower pot post..

this happen after Hyesun's accident isit?

can i know how did you know this? is there any video regarding this?

you can see this in F4 special talk show( it was aired on Monday, because of GHS's injury they couldn't air both ep 17 & 18 this week, then they made the talk show to replace on Monday- you see, this week we have ep 17 only), the F4 came to visit GHS at the hospital before they started the talk show. I can't leave this thread ^_^

Edit : check the first page on Viikii.net you can watch the F4 talk show with English sub, have fun ^_^

you can see this in F4 special talk show( it was aired on Monday, because of GHS's injury they couldn't air both ep 17 & 18 this week, then they made the talk show to replace on Monday- you see, this week we have ep 17 only), the F4 came to visit GHS at the hospital before they started the talk show. I can't leave this thread ^_^

thank you so much sweet_maple..

i haven't watch the talkshow yet as i cannot find the link with eng sub..

some help would be nice..

thanks

;)

Thanks sheherizade3 for the caps and summary. After rewatching all the JD-JH, JK-JP scenes in episode 17, 100 % sure JP is near his breaking point. Any minute now he will go where his heart bid him to. Also the swimming pool, it is definitely for sure JK have an inkling that JP is in love with JD. How can she not after witnessing the way JP looks at JD. Love reading your summary, it not only help relieved my BOF withdrawal but I see things a little bit clearer...hehe.

Guest baqinardo

Now we know why LMH and his company kept the car accident thing quiet. People are jumping to conclusions that LMH and GHS are dating now...lol

GHS has never had a scandal before she did BOF, and now she has had two false rumors of her love life spread since the start of the series

Owh, really?

i thought GHS are dating with Kim Ji Hoon (Love Marriage).

There r articles about that few weeks ago.

hm.. :unsure:

Btw, i'm kinda expected that this series will extend.

Coz if not, the ending will be so rushed.

I bet this series will be extended till ep. 26 or 28 (max).

hehe.. Just my opinion.

Guest dunlop09

Owh, really?

i thought GHS are dating with Kim Ji Hoon (Love Marriage).

There r articles about that few weeks ago.

hm.. :unsure:

Btw, i'm kinda expected that this series will extend.

Coz if not, the ending will be so rushed.

I bet this series will be extended till ep. 26 or 28 (max).

hehe.. Just my opinion.

lol, both of these rumors were false... but these fake rumors are to be expected when a drama is so popular. But still, they are sometimes ridiculous, and make the actress/actors self-conscious all the time.

In my opinion, LMH and GHS did nothing to provoke these rumors. They were close because they've been spending almost everyday together. How are people not supposed to get close to each other after spending so much time together? And about the car accident, what was LMH supposed to do? Leave GHS bleeding on the street? And had GHS kept the LMH thing to herself, people would blame her for not saying anything when it eventually did get out. I hope this doesn't affect their friendship. GHS is really shy, and because of LMH's open personality, he was the first male cast member she was so comfortable around. It would really be unfortunate if they can't even be friends because of the rumors. :(

minho and hyesung are dating?

and who are we to say they're not and they are

we're just speculators who knows nothing

lol and well, its their business really

i'm just slightly delighted with this fact

because its one proof that says joondi's chemistry is working

Guest 이야기

Episode 17

Okay, so I know Joon Pyo and Jandi are going to end up together, but I feel the director is dragging the love square out too much. Throughout episode 17, I felt I was losing sight of the significance of the original HYD love story. Jihoo is always there for Jandi. There's absolutely no doubt that he's a strong love rival for Joon Pyo. But at the same time, I'm loving Jae Kyung more and more too. She's so assertive and outgoing - I laughed when she tricked Joon Pyo into riding the cable car. I really don't see why people are hating her so much. Either way, I'm now caught between Joon Pyo/Jandi, Joon Pyo/Jae Kyung and Jandi/Jihoo. I feel BoF has lost sight of the most important thing, emphasizing Joon Pyo and Jandi's irrevocable love. There are barely any meaningful interactions between them. I honestly feel the producers are too caught up in satisfying the public (fans who want more HJ/KB scenes) than developing the storyline. But we still have 7 more episodes left, so I hope BoF ends with a bang.

Guest honeypia

I hope this doesn't affect their friendship. GHS is really shy, and because of LMH's open personality, he was the first male cast member she was so comfortable around. It would really be unfortunate if they can't even be friends because of the rumors. :(

They're good friends :) I'm pretty sure both will discuss this as professional as possible. :)

Thanks dunlop09 for sharing. I feel bad for LMH and GHS. It's obvious from the bts takes that both enjoy each other's company, whether its friendship or more than that, we won't know. My only hope is that it does not affect their working relationship where they become self-conscious and start tiptoeing around each other. This will surely affect their onscreen scenes. I guess that's the price you have to pay for fame. I am most concerned about GHS because of what anti-fans may do to her. As it is, a lot of people are jealous of her because she's always around the F4s. Wake up fans!!! They're not the only good looking guys in town.

Guest huangsy

Hi...just wondering if there was another ep. of Happy Together cause i remember reading somewhere that there's a second part. Did it air yet? Oh, and btw, who are the "netizens" that the PD keep on worrying about? Are they like regular ppl who posts on forums?

Yes, was on last nite 5 Mar, up at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehhICLbx7dI

Also added to my BOF BTS and cuts compilation at http://hallyudrama.blogspot.com/2009/03/bof-cuts.html