[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

i totally agree with the article about the netizens and story was kind of changed... i'm not really feeling the BOF vibe no more...

people are getting hurt... netizens are crazy... idk.

the production crew should have just sticked to the story instead of pleasing viewers... if viewers don't like it then they don't like it...

if the viewers wanted personal stories so bad, why don't they just do a special like the taiwanese people did?

the taiwanese F4 (Meteor Garden) had their own personal stories in Meteor Rain... you found out how the Tw F4 thought and felt through out the story... each character had 1 ep. (I think?)

episode 7 JiHoo caps. :wub:

http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss59/an...g/Joongie11.jpg

credits to: khj0606

^ Woah woah woah.....!!..... How come he's so pretty? :rolleyes: *eyecandy* Thank you dear. :P

hmm i wonder when JaeKyung said she wanted to go on a double date (after she won the jumbo ramen challenge) and JunPyo said he "doesn't like anything double" if he thought back to the double date he had with JanDi's friend GaEul and that loser guy.. that double date was hilarious and maybe he thought it would be similar so he said he hated anything double.. but this date would be a double blow b/c it's with your "ex" and your best friend.. ahh i hope something will happen soon so that JunPyo and JanDi will get back together.. and none of this wedding stuff.. ahhhh that would be horrible

^ Actually, i also mentioned this a few posts ago. :P It was definitely implied that he was thinking of his first double date.xD I kind of chuckled when he mentioned that he hated anything "double"... And it furthermore shows how much he thinks about Jan Di..*

Umm.. but juneforest2000, i kind of like seeing Joon Pyo cry... :unsure: hehe. I actually don't think he cries a lot at all. How many times have we seen him cry now??.. 4-5? Less, more? I don't remember. But i know that each time he did cry, it was a moment i felt like my chest was being beaten to bits. Like Goo Hye Sun, Lee Min Ho looks really beautiful when crying..-- but i know what you mean~ no more heartache please! #%&$#% I think us Joondifieds have had enough of Joon Di's separation, but we're still holding on. :)

Now, we cannot cry over spilled milk. Lets put our faith and trust into our PDnim and scriptwriter and hope for everything to come together in a mutual manner. For me, i can't complain much because despite all the rough times Joon Di is going through, i know they'll end up together at the end. Skepticism of this belief of mine doesn't worry me one bit. ^_^

*Joon Di fighting*

BTW... it's actually not too late to show some Woo Bin lovin'....xD Perhaps we'll get to meet his family in Jeju? =)

Guest lam__

have u guys watched "Happy Together" yet??

i still haven't watched it since i can't find the one with chinese subtitle!

can anyone tell me where i can find it,plz??

Guest eternitygoddess

1) I don't see the point of many of the netizen complaints (but then again, netizens are a rather irrational bunch).

BOF can't be a light-hearted comedy forever. The F4 are now adults, they have serious responsibilities. They're going to have to develop , grow, and mature. They can't be going around playing pranks on fellow students and not having any care in the world.

I feel like the drama is appropriately reflecting that growth and maturation by adopting a more serious and heavy tone.

2) Why do people want to see an EXACT version of the manga?!! The Japanese and Taiwanese versions already re-created the manga. I don't see the point of doing another live adaptation unless you're going to change some things. Or else viewers would just be watching the exact same drama only with different actors.

No two Shakespeare plays of the same name are alike (and we're talking DOZENS here instead of just 3 adaptations). Macbeth is always done differently, as well as Hamlet and every other Shakespeare play.

One thing great about translating from one medium to another is that the story gets re-interpreted from the eyes of someone else than the author. Adaptations are always REINTERPRETATIONS. Not 100% rip-off of the book.

Guest renjitehsmex

andie39martinez , thanks for the awesome screencaps!! he looks so clean!!

ml_87 , i'm with you on everything! i think her outfits are pretty! like all the sweaters and coats she has *_*

Sorry to cut your post, but I think my heart literally dropped when I read your spoilers.... :o:(:unsure::blink::tears: WHY OH WHY will there be a wedding for JunPyo and the fiance...?????????? And in ep 20???? I thought we were gonna be done seeing her face by end of ep 18 of next week!!! I honestly don't think I can handle anymore moments between JunPyo & the fiance. I mean c'mon we've been deprived of JunPyo & Jandi moments for the past 5 episodes (granted, there were the time when they were the worst spies ever on the SoEul couple and last episode when JunPyo saved her from the pool) BUT STILL!!! Can't we have our couple reconcile already? I really miss seeing their bickering with each other...*sigh* the PD is gonna send me straight to having a heart attack if we get a wedding scene from JunPyo & the fiance. Also, I can't believe that Jandi won't get into medical school...she is trying so hard. Poor thing, and if the wedding is true, she's seriously not getting a break. No JunPyo, no swimming, no med school...ahhhhh I'm crying for her!!! I really really hope that these spoilers are inaccurate because I definitely don't like seeing where the drama is heading if these were true....

IKNOWRIGHT! I thought JK will be gone by 3 or 4 episodes the most but until 20 is unbearable! But I think even though they'll be 'holding' that wedding, I'm sure Junpyo's sister will not allow. She said she's going to do something about Junpyo in ep17.

Guest danick

hi guys!

I have been a silent reader for so long and I just want to thank everyone who continues to feed us with everything they can think about Boys Over Flowers. I have seen Meteor Garden and the HYD I am guilty of rewatching them over and over again and I must say that the korean version is the best ever! From the casting, the direction and how the story was playing, kudos to the production team.

I don't have any complaints if they follow the manga or not. Anyway, both the TW and JP versions differ one way or the other anyway so i am expecting the BOF will also somehow deviate from them. Each of them decided to attack the story and the emotions differently so even if the main storyline is similar, they are still different from each other.

BUT I do agree to those who want the JP-JK moments to be limited to say yeah until the 18th episode!...HELL...can the PD give us more JUNDI moments, PLEASE!

I am getting tired of Jandi and Jihoo moments. We all know that they don't have the chance to be together in the end so why prolong the agony for Jihoo. I truly hope they give Jihoo someone in the end. A nice guy like that needs to be rewarded with someone who will love him truly and passionately. As much as he deserve Jandi's affection, he can't have her. No matter how loving and caring he is. Jandi's heart belongs to someone else.

And am I the only one who feels that Woo Bin should have his own love story as well? Don't you think it's about time he gets his piece of the action? It's frustrating that there are only 24 episodes and there are so many things needed to be explored. Anyway, I am pretty sure most of it will be focused on JUNDI so why complain, :P

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and videos and pics. Love them all! Is there another OST album coming out or are they already out. Thanks again!

Guest sweet_maple

THERE WILL BE A WEDDING SCENE.... OMGG... i don't know if anyone translated the full article but here it is..

BOF, Details of Secret Wedding at Jeju Island

http://img.news.yahoo.co.kr/picture/2009/b...b0_162713_0.jpg

Scenario #3: A real Joon Pyo-Jae Kyung wedding...?

............It is possible that Goo Joon Pyo will actually marry his fiancee. After his failed relationship with Jandi, he will turn to Jae Kyung and follow his mother's wishes. This ending would be different from the manga, the Japanese version, and the Taiwanese version. If the production team decide to follow along with this scenario, they will most likely be bombarded with angry complaints from the viewers. In the manga, the two main characters (Jandi-Joon Pyo) realize their love for each other and promise themselves to one another at the end.

'Boys Over Flowers' has currently aired it's 17th episode. Netizens have been busy creating a ending plot for the series. A representative for 'Boys Over Flowers' commented, "It is true that we have a wedding scene planned. However, no one, not even the actors, know what will be filmed. They do not know, in detail, the storyline of that episode. The producers and writers are working hard on making a good script."

credits: Tw1nkle, sportshankook.co.kr

---

oh wow i wouldn't mind number two at allll. that would be soo hot <3 haha i highly doubt they will give jaekyung a happy ending with joonpyo.. or everyone in korea will through a fit..

First, i'm sorry to cut your post.

:wacko: what the heck, this totally crack me up??? I nearly fell off my chair when reading this thing. I know they want to change to make it new and fresh but if changing like this, sorry it really spoils the "Hana yori dango" manga. If I were Yoko Kamio, I would murder the scriptwriter and the PD for sure :ph34r: . I don't mind when they have changed some points in the manga, I did really like it but if the ending will be changed , they shouldn't give the drama name "BOYS OVERS FLOWER" but ''OVERS ANNOYING" <_< . About the idea that JK will plan a wedding for JP-JD, it means I have to see Joon DI hurt aching more than 2 weeks :wacko: GOsh what is going on your mind, were your heads hit by something BOF's PD nim, If you want to make JK become a helper for JP_JD, I think at first you shouldn't let JK appeared so soon like this, 4 episodes for JK, I really want to jump off balcony :crazy: . BOF's PD nim, do you really want to try a new thrilling feeling so you want to change :ph34r: ????No one tell them that there are thousand fans would be pleased to shoot, bomb or curse them if they really do it <_< . Please don't test our suffering more :fury:

Umm.. this will be my last post of the night hehhh.

Now, i'm really believing that the wedding will be a plan that Jae Kyung has planned and put forth in order for Joon Di to reconcile. I think she is a smart gal (though she missed all the vibe and electricity between Joon Di :P ) and after realizing *"omg, Joon Pyo loves Jan Di and Jan Di loves Joon Pyo.. what the heck am I doing in the middle.. ehhh?"* she will come to her senses and will reunite the two, perhaps with the help of Joon Hee and F3. I mean, she figured out Yi Jung and Woo Bin's strategy to get her away from Joon Pyo, she's certainly not dumb. ;) But seriously, we're so prone to overreacting. :sweatingbullets: Joon Di will end up together~ the PD etc. just wants fans to stay tuned in and keep on guessing.. because we all know that it's a JOON DI love story.. right? Changing the fate of the main pair is some creativity. :blink: Don't be fooled!!.. on another note, i think we're all going through BOF withdrawal because news articles like this makes us insecure.xD

..*sigh* I'm listening to the OST and i really miss the songs from the first OST.. :sweatingbullets: ~ Hyun Joong's acoustic version of "내 머리가 나빠서" always gets the best of me though.. and Kim Yoo Kyung's "Starlight Tears".. :tears: I certainly hope they continue to play songs from the first OST. :)

maymay, thank you for the KBSWorld article.. i think it was posted a page or two ago also.. but thanks anyway.xD I can remember the craze we all were going through during the first weeks of BOF. *crazzzzyyyy* I mean, i'm still crazzzyyyy, but....... like, ep1-4 crazy?? That was a different kind of crazzzyyyy.xD Now i'm just.. anxious-impatient crazzzyyyy for JOON DI. :P

I echo the sentiments of the posters who said that the netizens have way too much say in the filming of a drama.

The essence of BOF is disappearing. I mean, they are doing a good job of including certain arcs in the drama but drag the unnecessary ones.

I wouldn't have minded if they had not made JP and JD a couple so quickly because it took them 19 volumes before Makino agreed to a trial date (within a time) to Doumyoji.

So now we have the agonising fiancee arc and squeezing in a wedding (?! if reports are true). So where are they headed for the last four episodes? Don't tell me the netizens will be telling the PD what to film.

HYD and Meteor Garden achieved great success WITHOUT input from the netizens. I am sure if they had decided to film according to what they wanted then there would be less problems with fans gate crashing and accidents because of working late into the night.

Kudos to the actors and crew for their hard work. I hope all goes well with the rest of the filming and PLEASE KEEP THE ESSENCE OF BOYS OVER FLOWERS AND FOLLOW THE CONCLUSION. I don't care how they get there but they must be together (JP/JD all the way)

PPS.. I had a random thought that I always know the season that South Korea is in by watching the dramas. You will know how cold or hot it is. I remember MY name is Kim Sam Soon was filmed in summer and the actors were sweating heavily :sweatingbullets:

Guest morelosmiya

IKNOWRIGHT! I thought JK will be gone by 3 or 4 episodes the most but until 20 is unbearable! But I think even though they'll be 'holding' that wedding, I'm sure Junpyo's sister will not allow. She said she's going to do something about Junpyo in ep17.

There will be a wedding??

How many episodes will they

really shoot?

I thought she will leave after ep 18 too.

I hope there will be JP and JD moments

even though JK remains in the scene.

When I watched ep 17 last night,

I think JK feels something weird about JP,

when he said that he was alright, after he

place JD on the floor.

I really wish JK knew the thing between

JP and JD,, and leave after that :((

no offense, I think I was harsh on her.

Guest boraah

I don't know why people are complaining that this drama is dragging storylines. Clearly, the J-drama had Shiguru hang around until episode 7 of HYD2. JD and JP were only sepreated for at least 4 episodes. They had some together time in episode 16. Since they didn't show episode 18, this week... people are worried that this story arc will be longer. It seems longer since we are all used to two episodes per week.

People are just impatiant.

I echo the sentiments of the posters who said that the netizens have way too much say in the filming of a drama.

The essence of BOF is disappearing. I mean, they are doing a good job of including certain arcs in the drama but drag the unnecessary ones.

I wouldn't have minded if they had not made JP and JD a couple so quickly because it took them 19 volumes before Makino agreed to a trial date (within a time) to Doumyoji.

So now we have the agonising fiancee arc and squeezing in a wedding (?! if reports are true). So where are they headed for the last four episodes? Don't tell me the netizens will be telling the PD what to film.

HYD and Meteor Garden achieved great success WITHOUT input from the netizens. I am sure if they had decided to film according to what they wanted then there would be less problems with fans gate crashing and accidents because of working late into the night.

Kudos to the actors and crew for their hard work. I hope all goes well with the rest of the filming and PLEASE KEEP THE ESSENCE OF BOYS OVER FLOWERS AND FOLLOW THE CONCLUSION. I don't care how they get there but they must be together (JP/JD all the way)

PPS.. I had a random thought that I always know the season that South Korea is in by watching the dramas. You will know how cold or hot it is. I remember MY name is Kim Sam Soon was filmed in summer and the actors were sweating heavily :sweatingbullets:

Guest ml_87

Umm.. this will be my last post of the night hehhh.

Now, i'm really believing that the wedding will be a plan that Jae Kyung has planned and put forth in order for Joon Di to reconcile. I think she is a smart gal (though she missed all the vibe and electricity between Joon Di :P ) and after realizing *"omg, Joon Pyo loves Jan Di and Jan Di loves Joon Pyo.. what the heck am I doing in the middle.. ehhh?"* she will come to her senses and will reunite the two, perhaps with the help of Joon Hee and F3. I mean, she figured out Yi Jung and Woo Bin's strategy to get her away from Joon Pyo, she's certainly not dumb. ;) But seriously, we're so prone to overreacting. :sweatingbullets: Joon Di will end up together~ the PD etc. just wants fans to stay tuned in and keep on guessing.. because we all know that it's a JOON DI love story.. right? Changing the fate of the main pair is some creativity. :blink: Don't be fooled!!.. on another note, i think we're all going through BOF withdrawal because news articles like this makes us insecure.xD

sorry to cut yr post. if this likes yr speculation, it's uki to me. but why until epsiode 20? will we have to see JK follow JP in the next 2 epsiodes? i hate her :tongue2: i really really hope that the PD is tricking us :rolleyes:

I don't get why people are complaining about the essence of Boys Over Flowers, and complaining that the storyline changed.

Even in the manga, even in Hana Yori Dango, Makino never stayed the same shouting/raving Makino. I don't think the producers specially changed the storyline after reading netizens' comments. This change was originally part of the Hana Yori Dango story, if you bother to read the entire manga.

Guest boraah

THIS IS WHAT I THINK...

the aticle about the wedding clearly is about the ending of the drama. The author of the article seems to have made a mistake by saying episode 20, rather then episode 24. This being said... there is still stories that need to be told before the final episode. So, I don't think ANYONE is getting married on episode 20. If they only showed episode 18 this week, then this sorta specuation wouldn't had come up. Episode 18 could might as well show the end of the engagement between JK and JP... but they didn't so we're agonizing about it.

Also, the future episodes will feature the fishing village. Those scenes could be very well be filmed at Jeju. They could film the wedding scene before hand prior the final episode, there. Think of it... it would be wiser to film all the "coastal" scenes at the island all at the same trip.

Guest pitbullxem

Question: There was a song that was played over and over again in ep.17 It was an instrumental, it started off with the guitar and eventually I heard cellos and stuff. I'm assuming this is in the 2nd OST. Does anyone know the name of that song?

Is the instrumental piece the one played when JH kissed JD's hand and JP witnessed the incident? If so, yeah I'm curious about this song too. I guess it's too early for anyone to identify the name of the song, so I'll wait 'til the BOF OST version 2 comes out. Oh, and THANKS for all the translations that you've done dunlop09 :D

To clarify.... what I meant about essence was that the story was about JP/JD, the trouble they got getting together. It will be boring if they actually follow the manga to the T but at least they changed some aspect of it and we know it is different from the other versions but still are able to identify it. (I find it fun to figure out which part of the manga that it came from after having read the whole manga!)

I don't mind that they put more importance into JH's role here. What I was emphasising was that JP and JD will end up together. If they change that storyline, basically the story has changed. Unless they had the OK from the original mangaka that they can change the ending, then so be it.

Maybe I am a hardcore Joondi-er but all these tough moments now will make the making-up much sweeter. If anyone has read the manga, they had much more obstacles to face than this and I understand that it cannot be covered within 24 episodes. IF they keep JK in the next episode AFTER she realises who it is that JP loves and still PERSISTS in going after him, then sorry... but that is not the character from the original story.

I know I shouldn't compare but it is inevitable when they are following a manga. If they wanted originality, then they shouldn't use the manga at all.

Guest Karinojjang~*

woahhhhhhhh! woahh! how can he be that sweet? O__O

so cuteexD lol I cant help smiling everytime i see all these gifs. lol

episode 7 JiHoo caps. :wub:

http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss59/an...g/Joongie11.jpg

http

://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss59/an..._Joongie12.jpg

http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss59/an...age_viewcgi.jpg http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss59/an.../th_Joongie.jpg http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss59/an...th_Joongie7.jpg

http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss59/an...th_Joongie6.jpg http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss59/an...th_Joongie5.jpg http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss59/an...th_Joongie4.jpg http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss59/an...th_Joongie3.jpg

http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss59/an...th_Joongie2.jpg http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss59/an...th_Joongie1.jpg http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss59/an...th_Joongie8.jpg http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss59/an...h_Joongie13.jpg

credits to: khj0606

LOL thanks!! this episode show a lot of Jihoo's care and kindness to Jandi<3

how sweet! I would feel better if at the end he has someone nice besides him..when JD gets to be with JP ;((

hi guys!

I have been a silent reader for so long and I just want to thank everyone who continues to feed us with everything they can think about Boys Over Flowers. I have seen Meteor Garden and the HYD I am guilty of rewatching them over and over again and I must say that the korean version is the best ever! From the casting, the direction and how the story was playing, kudos to the production team.

I don't have any complaints if they follow the manga or not. Anyway, both the TW and JP versions differ one way or the other anyway so i am expecting the BOF will also somehow deviate from them. Each of them decided to attack the story and the emotions differently so even if the main storyline is similar, they are still different from each other.

BUT I do agree to those who want the JP-JK moments to be limited to say yeah until the 18th episode!...HELL...can the PD give us more JUNDI moments, PLEASE!

I am getting tired of Jandi and Jihoo moments. We all know that they don't have the chance to be together in the end so why prolong the agony for Jihoo. I truly hope they give Jihoo someone in the end. A nice guy like that needs to be rewarded with someone who will love him truly and passionately. As much as he deserve Jandi's affection, he can't have her. No matter how loving and caring he is. Jandi's heart belongs to someone else.

And am I the only one who feels that Woo Bin should have his own love story as well? Don't you think it's about time he gets his piece of the action? It's frustrating that there are only 24 episodes and there are so many things needed to be explored. Anyway, I am pretty sure most of it will be focused on JUNDI so why complain, :P

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and videos and pics. Love them all! Is there another OST album coming out or are they already out. Thanks again!

Thanks for speaking out this! I totally feel the same as you.

esp. the one i made it became bold-typing. ;)

:blush: :sweatingbullets:

Guest Chianna

At the end of the day it's tptb's responsibility to know when to listen to fans and when to ignore them. Some Netizen complaints were legitimate, the soundtrack was being over used and spoiling the drama, GHS's face churning in the earlier episodes needed to be toned down and Woo Bin needs fleshing out he doesn't need a storyline but we do need to learn more about the 4th member of the F4. On the other hand complaints about stupid things like Jan Di's clothes and 'extreme' violence need to be ignored.

Season 2 has slowed the pace down, we're used to storylines being introduced and completed in 3 episodes at most. The fiancee plot is dragging on with no end in sight and we're getting repetitive scenes, Jun Pyo doesn't like her, I get it! No need for 10 more scenes to reinforce it. I disagree with posters calling for Yi Jeong's scenes to cut if anything needs to be cut it's the pointless montages that do nothing but fill time. Did we really need Ji Hoo and Jun Pyo feeding each other to get across the plot point that they utterly fail as cooks? How long did the montage of Ji Hoo helping Jun Di clean go on for?