[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest thihuong

cAN SOME PUT THE LINK OR TELL ME THE PAGE THAT HAS EPISODE 17 IN ENGLISH SUBTITLES FOR YOUTUBE . i'LL APRECIATE IT ALOT . thaNXS !!!!!!

anyone else LOVE the song they used during JunPyo and Jaekyung's date??

i also loved how junpyo looked into the camera~ it was adorable

i have to say i don't hate jaekyung.... yet lol

i want to OST to come quickly!!!

Guest funkindagirl

Although the k-drama version of Boys before Flowers definitely has its merits, I feel like it has definitely sacrificed some in order to play up the JP-JD-JH triangle, to up the angst-y level, and etc.

I think thats whats really starting to bother me about the story now. I know everyone's loving Jihoo more and I dont mind the love triangle since kdramas love to do that and it makes the story more interesting.

But I feel they've way overplayed the JH-JD relationship to the point where it just seems like 'well why arent JH & JD together?'

Everything seems off balance because you probably have double the amount of Jihoo/Jandi scenes than you do Junpyo/Jandi and yet JP is supposed to be the main character.

But we've hardly seen JP's relationship grow with Jandi like it has with JH.

Feels like JD and JH's relationship has developed to another deeper level in a way that it hadnt with JP.

I wouldnt have minded all the JD/JH scenes now if they'd just given a bit more JD/JP scenes at the beginning to even things out a little.

And Im worried it'll just get to a point where im seeing JD/JH so much that the reunion with JP will be disappointing.

TNS

Nationwide Rating

Boys Over Flower <꽃보다 남자> episode 17 (KBS2) - 29.9%

East Of Eden <에덴의동쪽> (MBC) - 24.5%

Oh I guess it dropped slightly under 30 because of the odd scheduling this week. Probably be back up again next week when it returns to normal.

Guest Aleejayy

Just finished ep 17 and my my the music has gotten soo much better!! I enjoyed all the songs they played throughout the scenes. LMH is a god. He's soo handsome and emotional, I don't watch an episode without yelling something out loud to the screen like "OH MY GOD UR SO HOTT" or "I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE HE'S SO AMAZING"...yah my boyfriend sometimes thinks I'm crazyy but it's okay. There wasn't enough in ep 17...I wasn't completely satisfied because I felt like it ended in 5 minutes...it went by so quickly. :( I'm just reallllyyyy excited for next week because I want my Joon Pyo and Jandi to get together NOW!

Guest ii_christie

Episode 17 made me feel better after watching Ji Hoo's suffering in episode 16. I love the Jan Di and JH moments in the episode. JD had more scenes with JH than with JP. It's sad since I'm rooting for Joondi but Ji Hoo is alone :x JD and JP look adorable together, from like window washing (they were even synchronized when wiping the windows), the cute otter story and him being her fireman/lifeguard. I definitely hate the love square between Jan Di, Jun Pyo, Ji Hoo and Jae Kyung. Why do they all have to be all J's? Gah, and the kiss, why did JP do it front of JD? Did he realize she was in back of him? And where's Kim Joon? He only had 1 scene T_T The ending was like a cliffhanger ... I'm waiting on episode 18 =)

Edit: Was there a preview for episode 18? I didn't see one. If anybody knows, please post a link ;] Thanks.

Guest angelstars20

hi guys

i just to know what will happen next week.

are they going to show 2 episodes next week which is monday and tuesday just like the regular schedule? or it will aired 1 episodes only?

can some1 verify that for me? i just to make sure.

thx :)

Guest eLz33

hi guys

i just to know what will happen next week.

are they going to show 2 episodes next week which is monday and tuesday just like the regular schedule? or it will aired 1 episodes only?

can some1 verify that for me? i just to make sure.

thx :)

yup!

the schedule came back mormal next week..

ep 17 is really good.

I love ji hoo and jandi!! ^^

Guest maddie

I think thats whats really starting to bother me about the story now. I know everyone's loving Jihoo more and I dont mind the love triangle since kdramas love to do that and it makes the story more interesting.

But I feel they've way overplayed the JH-JD relationship to the point where it just seems like 'well why arent JH & JD together?'

Everything seems off balance because you probably have double the amount of Jihoo/Jandi scenes than you do Junpyo/Jandi and yet JP is supposed to be the main character.

But we've hardly seen JP's relationship grow with Jandi like it has with JH.

Feels like JD and JH's relationship has developed to another deeper level in a way that it hadnt with JP.

I wouldnt have minded all the JD/JH scenes now if they'd just given a bit more JD/JP scenes at the beginning to even things out a little.

And Im worried it'll just get to a point where im seeing JD/JH so much that the reunion with JP will be disappointing.

Oh I guess it dropped slightly under 30 because of the odd scheduling this week. Probably be back up again next week when it returns to normal.

I totally agree with your post. This is not how it should be. Yes JP was a jerk before and yes he is torn because of his responsibilities but do we have to see him appearing at random moments between JH/ JD and crying in each eps? NO! JD needs to be strong on her own. Isn't she supposed to be the weed "Jan Di"? How come she needs JH's help all the time. It's almost as if they're the couple and JP is the third wheel.

And talking about that fiancee JK, she was seemed so intuitive and smart when it came to guess things in eps 16, how come she can't figure out that there's sthg between JP and JD? This wait added to all the drama and mess is getting tiring, I wish they would hurry and start with the more interesting parts already! And they better not rush into those too....

Guest kriza_09

In this scene, when Ji Hoo said that, "I'll take care of her from here",

JP put down Jandi on the floor rather than give her directly to Ji Hoo's hands. :P

I noticed that too and I really like that scene..

It's like symbolically saying that Junpyo doesn't want to give Jandi to Jihoo..

he just put Jandi down and Jihoo is the one who pick her up...

Guest F4fan

Maybe I have blinders on but I don't get how folks say that JH-JD should be together. I just don't see it. For me, its absolutely clear that JD feels no more than friendship and kinship with JH.

Yes, JH-JD's relationship has grown but not into a romantic relationship. Yes, he is sweet on her but she ain't sweet right back. Its the furthest thing from a romantic relationship. JH acknowledged as much that in today's episode when JD wanted to be the mermaid, he said it wouldn't work because she would turn into dust or bubbles because she didn't get her love. He is a perceptive guy. He knows that JD still loves JP. If she didn't, JP wouldn't have the power to hurt her by kissing JK or make her so mind-numbed that she walks into doors.

He is protective of JD because he doesn't want JP to hurt her anymore. He sees JP with a fiancee and they are dating but he also knows that JP wants JD. He wants to be the wall between them -- stop JP from doing something that he can't follow through on. JD is returning his friendship by trying to get him and grandfather to reconcile.

JH is admirable and supportive. He tried to express his feelings to JD but JD was not having any of it. I am sorry folks, I just don't see it.

One last thing: JK gets it now. She knows who JP likes and why he is so distant from her. JP's gaze following JD up the stairs -- JK saw it. That's why she is trying to seduce JP.

Guest omgit'sme

can anyone link me to where I can watch ep17 with eng subs? please?

I know i should go back and read through but I really don't want to read any spoilers =[

Guest yossy

Guest bakamelon<3

Aigoooooooooooooo!!! im gettin so frustrated now, i dont knw whther to hate the monkey or not? i feel sorry for her ...sigh......BUT i feel soooooooo sorry for Jhoo :tears: , we know -fact- that he will not end up with JD, yet they are including more scences of them two, making us wanting them together, surely if JD is gna end up with JP then, there shd be more of them two? at least to see some character development between them? i feel like, my head is saying 'yea JD and JP = Love' (coz i know what the story is, and so go for tht) by my heart goes for JH and JD, perhaps, if this drama was any other korean drama and was not known to be the 'Hana Yori Dango' story as i know it is, then i would have definitely cheered JH all the way, they certainly deserve eachother....but the fact that i knw the manga and wat the story is....well it sorta makes it weird for me.

but im still frustrated...aigoO00oooOOO0o0o0o0oooooooooo

Guest byul*

it's also easy to go on mysoju.com to watch free basically non-buffering episodes. i keep on mentioning that cause it's amazing. ^^

ah gads, this is my first time posting here...greetings to u all =) I'm a longtime fan of Hana Yori Dango, do not like this version much (still too much in love with the Taiwanese version ^^). Mostly watching it because of adorable Hyun Joong. But anyways, I'm just itching to ask whether anyone knows if the Hyun Joong version of the song "Because I'm So Foolish" (played in ep. 15) has ever been or will be released? Or if anybody knows where to get a hold on it? I really liked it....he's got a somewhat soothing voice in that song...(or maybe i'm just biased, who knows...). Oh, and i'm really sorry if this has been asked before...it seems a somewhat daunting task to have to swift through hundreds of pages in the attempt to find the slightest clue to my question...=) But yeh, if anybody knows the answer I'd be eternally grateful ^^"

Guest yossy

can anyone link me to where I can watch ep17 with eng subs? please?

I know i should go back and read through but I really don't want to read any spoilers =[

the link:

part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YakPJ7gU-z8...nnel&fmt=18

part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tu6J6S96tM...nnel&fmt=18

part 3 =BROKEN=

part 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGV1SsBm8Lg...nnel&fmt=18

part 5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1yBPBA2WCM...nnel&fmt=18

part 6 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJxoJo2cGCk...nnel&fmt=18

part 7 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fIY82is_Co...nnel&fmt=18

part 8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHsFXgNdBnM...nnel&fmt=18

thx to 19990915 n ARASHI.COM

have fun ^-^

Guest funkindagirl

Maybe I have blinders on but I don't get how folks say that JH-JD should be together. I just don't see it. For me, its absolutely clear that JD feels no more than friendship and kinship with JH.

Yes, JH-JD's relationship has grown but not into a romantic relationship. Yes, he is sweet on her but she ain't sweet right back. Its the furthest thing from a romantic relationship. JH acknowledged as much that in today's episode when JD wanted to be the mermaid, he said it wouldn't work because she would turn into dust or bubbles because she didn't get her love. He is a perceptive guy. He knows that JD still loves JP. If she didn't, JP wouldn't have the power to hurt her by kissing JK or make her so mind-numbed that she walks into doors.

He is protective of JD because he doesn't want JP to hurt her anymore. He sees JP with a fiancee and they are dating but he also knows that JP wants JD. He wants to be the wall between them -- stop JP from doing something that he can't follow through on. JD is returning his friendship by trying to get him and grandfather to reconcile.

JH is admirable and supportive. He tried to express his feelings to JD but JD was not having any of it. I am sorry folks, I just don't see it.

I dont mean to say that I see a romantic development between JD & JH because I dont. Its clear she has no interest in him that way.

Its just that we're CONSTANTLY being given all these sweet scenes of them together when we were given a few seconds of JP and JD in comparison. And that just gives the viewers the impression that JH is more important and we should be rooting for him.

Even if they arent a couple, if we're always seeing them together and JH fawning over JD then it feels like they're forcing this relationship on us and trying to make us root for them until we get to a point where it just 'makes sense' for them to be together, despite whether we 'see' them as a couple or not.