[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest 김.현.중.팬

oh em gee

please stop the angst!! haha

i miss jandi and junpyo. jaegyung needs to get the heck out of there

and this will make it harder to get over jihoo getting left at the enddd :[[[[

honestly when i saw the long preview for 18...

it just made me not like jaegyung more...

and i kno its not her fault blah blah blah, but this time she knew

and ;alksdjf;alksdpj;alksdjf;lakdsjf;alskdjf ;gahhhh hate herrr lol

but of course shes cute and wonderful (minus her voice lol...)

i cant wait until junpyo and jandi r together againnn

im a little worried about gaeul and yijeong...

cuz of his first love eunjae. but shes only going to be in 3 episodes

so hopefully... gaeul and yijeong will be together? maybe?? lol

CANT WAIT TILL NEXT WEEEEEK

Guest xiaomaii

yeah I thought it was weird how JD didn't say anything during that scene.. so maybe that is the scene that they filmed after GHS got out of the hospital. (I personally think they could've just taken that scene out.. I didn't see the point of making JK stuff her face)

actually they need that scene in order to make a valuable reason for JH and JD go for a double date with JP and JK. :sweatingbullets:

For example, in the original Manga version, JK's character was a lot more developed. In this version, you don't get the sense of how much JK values JD as a friend, which is something that is vital in this arc. I feel like in the K-drama version, we're just TOLD by the other characters that "JK is really cool, she's someone that you just can't come to hate." But we don't actually SEE that in the way the writers portray her.

it was actually more shown here in this series rather than in the manga itself. they add up the macau scene to vitally show how the friendship grows. while in the manga they just met after the engagement. and the character JK portrays in the manga didn't even show that she could eventually suffer to win a competition for JD's sake. Since she sees Jan Di's interest for the free coupons. :rolleyes:

im a little worried about gaeul and yijeong...

cuz of his first love eunjae. but shes only going to be in 3 episodes

so hopefully... gaeul and yijeong will be together? maybe?? lol

well BOF said they wont follow the manga storyline itself as shows

and as we read from the hints they gave before

probably there would be a great ending for YJ and GE

Guest Ahr3um

how can the episode leave off like tat?? :(

but i felt like this episode was very rush like the squeezed too much

or maybe it was just me?

looking forward to NEXTWEEK!! argg a whole week :(

and LOVE THE NEW SS501 OST!! :lol:

Guest doremii*

The noodle restaurant was needed to get them on the foursome trip because she first invited them to do something in Episode 17 and they all quickly said no. JD being the loudest No. Its a clever but a little lame. Though, its better than just inviting them to go to her villa/resort and the 3 of them just meekly say yes.

Here, they bet that she wouldn't finish the bowl of noodle so they wouldn't go on the trip. They lost.

actually they need that scene in order to make a valuable reason for JH and JD go for a double date with JP and JK. :sweatingbullets:

ok I admit I fastforwarded that bit lol so I must've missed that dialogue :lol: I think I fastforwarded almost every scene with JK -___- lol

thanks for telling me

V the Akira character never really had much of story in the manga either. They've definitely made Sojiro's part in this version more significant, so that's probably why Woobin seems even more .. pushed to the side.

but yeah I missed seeing Woobin in this episode.

Why do I get the feeling that the scriptwriter in this drama has only F3 on her mind and not F4? Sheesh! I was majorly disappointed that there was barely any Woobin scenes in this episode. I'm now slowly accepting the fact that maybe in the next 7 episodes to come, we might see less of Woobin seeing as to how the writer and the PD seems to be focusing more on the love square.:fury:

Guest eidolon.

It's really interesting to see how the writers have changed the drama from the comic book... I like the spin that the Korean writers took... I want to see where it goes from here. (: I feel bad for the 4th F4 though.. He never gets any scenes. :T And I think everyone realizes it/feels that he's lacking scenes/lines..

Guest betchay

BoysBeforeFlowersE17KOR090303HDTVXv.jpg

In this scene, when Ji Hoo said that, "I'll take care of her from here",

JP put down Jandi on the floor rather than give her directly to Ji Hoo's hands. :P

Guest lilnahnah

BoysBeforeFlowersE17KOR090303HDTVXv.jpg

In this scene, when Ji Hoo said that, "I'll take care of her from here",

JP put down Jandi on the floor rather than give her directly to Ji Hoo's hands. :P

Yeah I noticed that. lol

Jealous jealous Junpyo lol

it was actually more shown here in this series rather than in the manga itself. they add up the macau scene to vitally show how the friendship grows. while in the manga they just met after the engagement. and the character JK portrays in the manga didn't even show that she could eventually suffer to win a competition for JD's sake. Since she sees Jan Di's interest for the free coupons. :rolleyes:

I agree with you. I think they did a good job fleshing out JK's character in this episode. She's crying in the park scene because she's always wanted a friend that she could share her joys with. Also, with the ramen incident, she sees that JD wants those coupons and she gets them for her. Both JP and JH would have just bought JD a bunch of coupons or meals. But JK understands that JD doesn't want someone to just buy her stuff all the time. Rather, JD likes to try to earn stuff. Knowing this about JD, JK wins the coupons for JD. JK also probably thinks that this is how friendships work, where friends do stuff for each other.

While I still find her annoying, I'm also starting to feel sorry for her. First, she knows that JP likes someone else because the shoe incident in Macau should have clued her in. That combined with JP's attitude towards her should have given her a clue. Regardless, it really sucks that no one is telling her about JP and JD. JP doesn't say anything, and neither do any of the other F3. I can understand JD not saying anything since she thinks it's all over and that JP doesn't like her anymore, but it's really mean of everyone else not to say anything to JK, especially since they all know that JP still has feelings for JD.

As for the constant nosebleeds, it's not because the writers are thinking of incorporating a disease arc. Nosebleeds are just the Korean drama way of showing how tired JD is and how difficult it's been for her lately.

Guest KiBUm_Love

OK, so i've decided that if i don't express my inner most feelings, i'm gonna really lose it

so im WARNING all the JaeKyung fans (if there are any) OR anyone who doesn't dislike jaekyung to NOT read this post.

Episode 17 SPOILERS + THOUGHTS

OK, so after ep 17, holy fudge was it ONLY me or did anyone else want to PUNCH JK in the face (or as I call her, 개경)

not only was she a senseless fool, but she was also annoying, selfish, and just really stupid.

the ost song Because i'm stupid should be about her, but its not because SS501 sings it and they're too good for her :P puah haha

first of all, is she a fund-king dumb-A? if she heard the way jandi was talking about junpyo then she should have known that there was something going on between those two.

and second of all, how long has she known jandi?! what a creeper. she's sticking to her like a 찐득이 like wtf way to be a freak.

and when i saw her and jp at the phone show, she was clinging to his (beautiful, priceless) arm like it belonged to her.

like honestly, i was about to FLIP OUT.

when she made him KISS her (i feel bad for how contaminated his beautiful lips got after that scene) promising him that she'd leave him alone after that, and STILL stick to him like that. wow way to break ure promise -_-^^^^

dude, and i bet shes gonna be even stupider and think junpyo got that necklace for her. if she reaches that point of stupidity, i will flip out.

AND just another side note, her bathing suit was hideous.

and what the heck, if she HAD to hug him for the sake of shooting that scene, why couldn't she do it when junpyo had layers and LAYERs and LAYYEEERRSS of clothing on (im talking 5 undershirts, a shirt, sweater, hoodie, jacket, another jacket padding jacket and parka). i swear im not gonna get over her going near his body :****[

(come on minho fans, you know how i feel)

gosh, and this is when jandi pisses me off too, because if i were jandi, i'd be like: get the eff away from me, junpyo's mine.

but no, jandi's way too nice -0-

and honestly, this episode was very disapointing.

i felt really bad for junpyo getting stuck with 개경 and seeing jandi and jihoo like that.

oh but it was REALLY sweet of him to learn how to swim<3

ahh junpyo never fails me xD

and yes, we all know junpyo only has eyes for jandi :]<3 S2

i also felt really bad for yijung :[

it was really cute of gaeul to take the pottery class to get to know more about him.

out of all the couples on this show, gaeul and yijung definetly look best together.

(my friends and i say that they should go out and get married in real life as bum and soeun lol)

hmm... lets see .. what else.

oh, hyunjoong, once again i LOVE his new hair xD 밤톨머리

it looks good on him since his face is really small and ovalish.

i wish there was more woobin action in this episode, i miss him!!

and im of course hoping for more soeul action too :]

and MOST IMPORTANTLY im hoping JK leaves soon. i don't want her to take up any more time in bof.

QUESTION.

is ep 18 where she tries to seduce him?

Guest Valentin

Does anyone else think that it looks as thought they've sort of switched Sara and Yuki's personalities in the Korean adaptation of Boys Over Flowers? Eun Jae in this version is definitely much more ladylike, refined, and gentle, whereas in the original, she's a tomboy through and through. I guess the Korean adaptation decided to adapt more from the Japanese drama than from the original manga in this respect.

I'm not sure what to think of the acting of Yi Jung's father. It turned me off because he was so ... Shallow? Casual? I understand his father is supposed to be jaded after his wife's death, but the way the actor portrayed it didn't hit that for me. I had to rely more on the dialogue to convince myself. Did anyone else feel this way?

Guest your_sheroe

Episode 17 is by far the best episode for me because there was many JH & JD moments.

The part where you see little JH and grandpa was very cute.

JH... I'm so speechless with him. He blows me away. If only I could find a man like him.

Like someone mentioned does he have nothing else to do but practically follower her around? Or there were some scene where they met by coincidence.

I couldn't stop rewatching the part where JH pulls JD into his arms not wanting JD to see JP kiss JK.

I found it ironic how all four of them, their names starts with a 'J'.

I wonder how HyunJoong prevented himself from laughing when JD ran into the glass door. I would like to see the bloopers for that.

The whole cooking scene of JH and JP was cute~ JH was such a sweetheart to cut up his plate and trade it with JD.

I found it funny how when JH says; "I'll take it from here," and JP puts JD on the ground- what a jerk-face.

I like this episode very much, it was full of a lot Jihoo. Now as I think about it... there was no Woobin? :(

I hope that they dont rush the end... like Goong... but... who am I to say.

Guest lilnahnah

OK, so i've decided that if i don't express my inner most feelings, i'm gonna really lose it

so im WARNING all the JaeKyung fans (if there are any) OR anyone who doesn't dislike jaekyung to NOT read this post.

Episode 17 SPOILERS + THOUGHTS

QUESTION.

is ep 18 where she tries to seduce him?

I cut your post cuz it was so long ><;;

But omg that made me laugh LOL

Granted, I don't exactly HATE Jaekyung, but she's not my favorite either... (that place goes to Jihoo ><;; lol)

But omg your post had me cracking up like no other.

And actually I got the impression that the part where Jaekyung hugs Junpyo from behind is their slightly more viewer-friendly variation of the seduction scene? That's what I thought anyway :)

Guest epique.

Episode 17 is by far the best episode for me because there was many JH & JD moments.

I wonder how HyunJoong prevented himself from laughing when JD ran into the glass door. I would like to see the bloopers for that.

The whole cooking scene of JH and JP was cute~ JH was such a sweetheart to cut up his plate and trade it with JD.

sorry for cutting your post.

i quite liked episode 17.

although i think JH&JD are cute.

i think JP&JD are cuter <3

i was wondering too, how he actually prevented himself from laughing.

i was laughing because it was so random.

the cooking scene was very cute.

^ Woobin was only in one scene and I'm not even sure if he said anything. Damn writers! :angry:

:( i know. i was hoping for more woobin <3 he just makes BOF for me L O V E.

the look he gave jaekyung TWICE was priceless.

Guest lilnahnah

The part where you see little JH and grandpa was very cute.

JH... I'm so speechless with him. He blows me away. If only I could find a man like him.

Like someone mentioned does he have nothing else to do but practically follower her around? Or there were some scene where they met by coincidence.

I couldn't stop rewatching the part where JH pulls JD into his arms not wanting JD to see JP kiss JK.

I found it ironic how all four of them, their names starts with a 'J'.

I found it funny how when JH says; "I'll take it from here," and JP puts JD on the ground- what a jerk-face.

I like this episode very much, it was full of a lot Jihoo. Now as I think about it... there was no Woobin? :(

I hope that they dont rush the end... like Goong... but... who am I to say.

Yeah, totally Jihoo's episode today.

Agree that the Jihoo-protecting-Jandi scene was precious.

And the cooking scene! So cute! Especially cuz the food looked so incredibly inedible -_____-;;;

It's one of those meals where you force yourself to smile and sneak the food to the dog while you keep saying "oh, it's great!"

....but meanwhile the dog won't eat it either LOL

And yeah, no woobin :( So sad

Guest krystal_

TNS

Nationwide Rating

Boys Over Flower <꽃보다 남자> episode 17 (KBS2) - 29.9%

East Of Eden <에덴의동쪽> (MBC) - 24.5%