[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest squeaky

Wow...JP is actually kind of selfless.. :[ Ack, I can't wait for their happy ending XD All this speculation is making me worried for the next episodes.

Guest eka_chan

OMG i need to know what did JK said to JD at the dining table? did she said hurtfull things to JD? seems so heartbreaking.

and on regards of the necklace it seems the same, but yeah it's a lil bit different.

is it the back of the diamond bit?

yeah me too i do feel sorry aswell to JK... esp the scene when she was crying eating an ice cream.

it must be hard to let go of the person she loved for the first time... poor JK

yea...the necklace...poor JK.

and i wonder, how about the shoes JP left in the airport...?

Guest Schneewitchen

Thanks for all your explanations guys, I like most of the reasons you have given but whilst I realise JP not telling JD the truth straight away makes better drama, I think my main problem was with what he said to her, surely there is a better way of breaking up with someone, especially someone he sill loves than saying all the hurtful things he said to her. I thought he was really cruel. It’s like he was messing with her emotions. Even in the manga, JP’s character wasn’t this cruel when he went to NY, I just think some of the things he said were unnecessary. Also, about the promise, shouldn’t JP have more faith in JD, after all she did promise she will not run from him because of his mum, so if he told her the truth, they can BOTH stand up to his mum, together, not him trying to be her protector and hurting her at the same time. Maybe he doesn’t believe their love is that strong to stand up against his evil mum!

this is also my opinion. His stain thing was really too hurtful.

this is also my opinion. His stain thing was really too hurtful.

I think this will be one of my most remembered scene...the most hurtful way to break up with your bf or gf. I think the majority of us are women so we are angry at him for what he said to one of our kind. When JP uttered those words from his mouth...I literally felt Jandi's flinch and the pain she suffered because of those words...I was hurting with her. I know JP and JD loves each other but as the viewers, I want JP to redeem himself. Unfortunately from preview 17 and 18 I think he will put himself on the bottom of my list at the moment. (Kissing JK is a big NO NO, and not only that....now couple rings? Like someone in the JoonDi thread wrote, if JP accepts the couple ring, J and J stands for Jerks and Jerks!).

Guest vthinkg

I agree with you. One note -- he made her promise; I don't think he ever promised to not leave because of his mother.

I mean ..why doesn't JD tell JP that his mother hired Jahae to break them up? Why doesn't JD tell JP that his mother offered a bribe to her and her family to leave JP alone? Sometimes, you don't say anything because it would hurt the other person more. And, maybe he didn't want her to choose between him and her family. She has enough burden as is. As convoluted as it sounds, sometimes loving someone means letting them go to protect that person.

F4fan, I completely agree you esp your last sentence...As convoluted as it sounds, sometimes loving someone means letting them go to protect that person. Well said! :) I mean by now we've seen all the angst from JunPyo and many scenes where you just want to give him a hug because he's struggling so much. But this is also something that makes me so proud of JunPyo's character (& Lee MinHo portrayal of it is crazy talented... ;) :blush:) because he's able to love her so much that he is willing to let her go so that he can continue to protect her from afar. I mean it takes a BIG heart, strong will and much love to really do what's "best" for the person while completely tearing your own heart into pieces in the process. That's why I have no doubt that it will only be a matter of time before we see our couple get back together because honestly, JunPyo loves Jandi more than himself. That's HUGE for him considering how far we've come since the beginning of the drama.

Re:totty_fruity I agree with you that there are definitely BETTER ways to breakup with someone and what he said to Jandi was inexcusable and indeed very cruel...BUT having said that, I think if he even showed an ounce of softness towards her, I think one or both of these things would have happened...(1)he'd probably wouldn't have been able to keep up with his façade of "you mean nothing to me..." i'd imagine by the breakup scene he was already pushed to the edge with that so if he was any softer towards Jandi, I think he would literally burst and just completely act out on his real feelings instead or (2)Jandi would not have believed him that he was breaking up with her...I mean knowing her character, I think she would not give up that easily as someone have said earlier. I mean just look at the recent episodes...even though he said those harsh words, she still cares for him and I'm sure loves him still. I mean why else would she be suffering so much right? So even his harsh breakup with her, she still feels for him. Therefore I think JunPyo almost needed to be this cruel and to say those harsh words to her in hopes that she will believe him that they can't be together anymore and perhaps move on and continue to live her life in peace. However, I don't think he accounted for JiHoo's love towards her as well because I think he always saw JiHoo as a good friend to Jandi who understands her and can watch out and protect her when he's not around. That's why when JiHoo confronted his feelings for Jandi at the airport, JunPyo was shocked. And the jealous JunPyo comes back because now he knows that JiHoo is sincere about Jandi, he probably fears that she will truly move on from him. So even though I wanted to punch JunPyo myself during that breakup scene, I think it needed to be done in order for everything else to happen in the drama...besides, at least Jandi was able to throw that same line back in JunPyo's face when he followed her at school which I absolutely LOVE!!! hehe :D Ah, serves him right... :rolleyes:

Again, just want to say many thanks to everyone who have been updating us on Goo HyeSun's conditions...even though it appears her injuries are more serious than first diagnosed, it's totally in her character to fight and come back to film asap because she doesn't want to disappoint fans and she's a super devoted actress. I mean I think in many of the interviews by the F4 cast, they have all commented that she is the hardest working one among the cast and gets the least amount of sleep because of large amount of screen time from Jandi's character. Anyways, I'm super thankful to our BOF cast & crew for working at superhuman mode for us, it makes me appreciate this drama more and more knowing how much sacrifices have been made to complete each episode. This is why I never complain about the poor edit, transitions or the lack of sense in some of these episodes because everyone is working like crazy trying to meet the demanding filming schedule and I know they're all doing their best to deliver on time for Mon & Tues night. So I always just sit back and enjoy it. Although, I would not mind at all if they show an episode or two of NGs or BTS stuff but I think with the promotional activities ahead for debuting the drama in other parts of Asia and many of the main cast members already have plans made for after filming ends for BOF that it's probably impossible to push anything back. Anyways, BIG APPLAUSE to our ever hardworking awesome BOF cast & crew!!! :D:):D

edit: flower pot LOVE your JunPyo & Jandi MV - Purest of Pain, you captivated the perfect among of angst that JunPyo must be feeling ever since the breakup and beautiful choice of scenes to accompany the song. :) Anyway, many thanks!

It is getting insane with the amount of accidents the cast is having. As a drama watcher, I do want to see the episodes but not at the expense of the actors/actresses health.

I hope all goes well for the BOF crew and at least we are getting closer to the end which means more rest for the crew!

ahh....i cant wait till monday and tuesday to get here i want to know what happens!! especially with soeulmatess!! it's driving me crazzyy!!

btw...

f4 looked really good at the baeksang awards!

but where did kim joon disappear to when they were inside?????

Guest ml_87

Some speculations:

I think that once Jae Kyung gets over her jealousy of Jan Di and Joon Pyo's relationship, she will bequeath the engagement rings to said couple. After all, I think the director has a higher purpose for those rings than as simply a mechanism to make Jan Di sad about Joon Pyo's engagement. Furthermore, they're only labelled as "J <3 J" - which could very easily refer to Jan Di & Joon Pyo rather than Joon Pyo & Jae Kyung.

sorry to cut yr post^^. but this part remind me of the pic in aledonia in which JP holding JD's hand. i saw JP wears the ring. is it the same as this one :rolleyes:

Guest lovenlight

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200903010954201001

Kim Hyunjoong rush to the hospital after Baecksang awards to meet KHS. and that night LMH busy filming with JK

I think KHJ enjoyed lots of starship throughout the years. when he entered the red carpet he walked very slow and handshaked with few fans. meanwhile, Lee minho was new to this starship. so he was shocked by flashlights and fans, then he walked so fast. he slipped. what I mean to say is KHJ is more experienced with this kind of things so he manage to take care of other ppl. once, he bought food(spend few hundreds of $ each members) to hungry concert fans who were waiting too long.

by the way the socks(his face in it) he wears on Happy together were valentine present from fans. that recording day was valentine day.

Guest dreampryncezz

I think it's cruel for JP to KISS JK b/c then she has all these false hopes and fantasies that would hurt her in the end. Stupid JP

After reading the recent posts about JP's break up with JD, I had a thought and I was wondering if anyone else noticed this. I wonder if after JP's conversation on the bridge when he said those hurtful words to JD if his own words came back to haunt him. Remember in episode 4 when they were at the airport, JD asked him if it was better to hide your feelings for someone. He told her that it would be wrong and that you would be treating the person like a stranger. That he'd rather regret after acting than not at all. Also, that if the world came crashing down that you would probably die of regret before hand.

I just wonder if he thought about that and that was the reason he tried to call her and he went to the airport because he regretted not acknowledging that he still loved her. Just a thought.

I'm glad that GHS is okay, but the number of car accidents eally make me fearful for the cast and crew.

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200903010954201001

Kim Hyunjoong rush to the hospital after Baecksang awards to meet KHS.

I think he enjoyed lots of starship throughout the years. when he entered the red carpet he walked very slow and handshaked with few fans. meanwhile, Lee minho was new to this starship. so he was shocked by flashlights and fans, then he walked so fast. he slipped. what I mean to say is KHJ is more experienced with this kind of things so he manage to take care of other ppl. once, he bought food(spend few hundreds of $ each members) to hungry concert fans who were waiting too long.

by the way the socks(his face in it) he wears on Happy together were valentine present from fans. that recording day was valentine day.

It just means he has a good heart and he'S really is concern with what's going on with other people, because he truly appreciate them, he said in one article, that he learns so much from his co-stars like GHS and LMH, and he cheries so much the friendship. And you can never fake it.Even though he's very tired, he still had time to visit.

That's one good trait of a good person and with a lot of fans looking at him and idolizes him, he'll be a good example to follow and imitate.

And wearing the gift of his fans makes the fans feel so special, that very cute of him.

LOVEENLIGHT :Thank you for the post. :rolleyes:

Guest ml_87

It just means he has a good heart and he really is concern with what's going on with other people, because he truly appreciate them, he said in one article, that he learns so much from his co-stars like GHS and LMH, and he cheries so much the friendship. And you can never fake it.Even though he's very tired, he still had time to visit.

That's one good trait of a good person and with a lot of fans looking at him and idolizes him, he'll be a good example to follow and imitate.

LOVEENLIGHT :Thank you for the post. :rolleyes:

yeah, it's very sweet that our F4 and GHS are not only close on the screen. they're sweet and caring people.^^

@beamonkr: yr reson is very good. i hahe to say that. it really suits to JP's characteristics. "i'd rather regret doing sth than not doing sth" :)

@lovenlight: yeah, i notice this video, too. he's describing HS's pain to the 3 trick girls :) i'm sure he had visited her before the ceremony or like u said, he called her in the break. sweet guys, Mino and HJ!

Guest lovenlight

andLee minho called KHS in break time, just before start of Baecksang ceremony part two. so they all concerned. it seems. seriously how many times he called or visited. I don't know. so let them have a secret romance or friendship whatsoever. just let you know they have good heart.

At Baecksang, see how they shy in front of audiences, KHJ and LMH. KHJ made mistakes on speech and LMH slipped. they are only 21?years old?

I can see they have pure young heart still.

After Baecksang LMH went back for filming.

LMH found out details of her injuries and expained to others at Baecksang table .

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=minho...7300&page=2

and Minho visited Kim bum when he's hospitalized. After that HJ went too. In conservative Korea, boys are more friendly with boys. I guess.

Ku is 3-4 years older than LMH. All F4 calls her Noona which means older sister. (funny thing is that Kim Joon is same age. Kim Joon calls her older sister and KHS calls him oppa( big brother). KHJ found this funny. this age things surely bugged many. I guess.(everyone wants to be young?)

Guest Banana Peel

Aw it's nice to hear that the F4 are concerned about GHS.

:)

I hope she's feeling better.

beamonkr: Good point. I was actually thinking about the same thing after I watch the breakup scene.

wow, you must have real good memory, hahah. I don't even remember that scene. Maybe it's just me, haha. ;)

Guest dunlop09

Goo Hye Sun's return decision to be made today

20090301115554823g6_120033_0.jpg

Goo Hye Sun's return to filming will be decided today.

A representative stated, “Goo Hye Sun is still hospitalized. Currently we are discussing with the drama production team and KBS about the issue. Goo Hye Sun's discharge and the filming resume time will depend on the result of the meeting.”

Due to the accident on the 27th, Goo Hye Sun suffered a tear inside her mouth and had to receive several stitches. Her face still remains swollen.

With the schedule tight enough as it is and the air date approaching, the production team and KBS are anxiously focusing on Goo Hye Sun's recovery. Because Goo Hye Sun plays the lead role in the drama, the filming cannot go on without her.

During the accident that occurred on the 27th, Goo Hye Sun's face collided with the back of the front seat. There was a tear in her lip region, and as time passed it began to swell.

Hitting her head while recovering from a concussion can't be good... And she's been hospitalized for a few days now, despite them initially believing it was a minor accident. I think I agree with the people that said they should just let her rest. No one would complain if they got a few more days of rest. I think they worked hard enough

Guest F4fan

Goo Hye Sun's return decision to be made today

Goo Hye Sun's return to filming will be decided today.

Didn't they initially say that she was discharged? Now, she has been hospitalized for 2 nights. Its a lot more serious than just stitches in her mouth for her to be still in the hospital. And I agree, she must have sustained some head injury or related to her concussion.

Guest starlight tears

Did anybody translate the preview ep.18? Can you please send me the link..i can't find it. thanks!

Guest Valentin

As much as I adore Boys Over Flowers, and I eagerly anticipate every Monday and Tuesday, for the sake of the cast and crew, I wish that they would consider giving them all a week off to recuperate. I can't remember another drama suffering so many mishaps in such quick succession, which to me is the wrong signal to be giving off. An extra week would also give them time to maybe film ahead a bit, so that they wouldn't be so rushed for future episodes.