[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

FULL ARTICLE TRANSLATION

http://newsimg.nate.com/picture/2009/02/02...00902020284.jpg

KBS 'Boys Over Flowers' have revealed the kiss scene between the two main characters, Lee Minho and Goo Hyesun.

With the support of the other F4 members, Goo Joon Pyo and Geum Jandi has officially become a couple. On the 2nd, episode 9 will air a short, reconciliation kiss, while episode 10 will air a much more passionate, deep kiss.

The staff, which is undergoing problems from crowds that gather during public shooting, chose to shoot the kiss scene early in the morning on a highway at Ilsan. Chairman Kang (Lee Hye Young) shuts down the family's business, forcing Geum Jandi's family to work at street stalls. After witnessing this, a furious Goo Joon Pyo runs out to Geum Jandi and passionately kisses her for his mother to see.

http://newsimg.nate.com/picture/2009/02/02.../20090202-8.jpg

Lee Minho commented, "There were other chances for kisses, but they all backfired. Like Goo Joon Pyo, the kiss was done aggressively and manly." Many staff members laughed as Lee Minho roughly turned his neck for the kiss. After the filming, Goo Hye Sun commented, "It has been so far the biggest kiss scene i ever filmed. Although Lee Minho successfully led me through the scene, i was honestly taken aback."

credits: cyworldnews, donga, blue_angel_1004, tw1nkle

---

O.M.G. oh my oh my episode 9 and episode 10 will drive me crazyyy haha

Thank you sooo much for the translation. It's amazing that Goo Joo pyo would kiss Jandi in front of his mom. LOL, LMH said all the kisses backfired so in typical Joon pyo style he ended up kissing Jandi aggressviely and manly! and Oh mine, oh mine, in front of his mother! LOL

On the 2nd, episode 9 will air a short, reconciliation kiss, while episode 10 will air a much more passionate, deep kiss.

$#$$#$$%^%^%&%^!!!!

I can happily die after tuesday!!

OMGGG!!! that is one freagiiin HOT kiss!!!!

thats something i was not expecting considering KBS is so strict about skinship and all that...

OMGGGGG!!! PD-nim heard our prayers~~~~~~

i was blushing when i first saw it... i cant help to stare at it for a long time.. looking at how he "EATS" her "UP" lol.

boa's song should be added in the OST.. LOL I've gone insanse. Im supposed to be homeworking.

Guest ljphantom

Wow... this thread moved a lot very, very quickly -- though I shouldn't be surprised. Thanks to everyone for their contributions! Since the extended previews have been taken care of by blue_angel_1004, I'd like to contribute -- if anyone was interested -- in providing an English subbed version of Episode 9 Preview (47 seconds version). Click here to watch! Again, I'm open to corrections or suggestions for improvement. Enjoy! :)

TW1NKLE, thanks for the article. It's nice to know that kHanadan isn't going to show us chaste kisses. ;)

Guest polaris

BOYS OVER FLOWER POWER RULES OF SAMSUNG-LG RIVALRY.

WOw that's pretty awesome that LMH is the first model to contract with both LG and Samsung. The deal he made with them is perfect. It's things like this that make me <3 LMH even more. He is truly awesome.

BOYS OVER FLOWER POWER RULES OF SAMSUNG-LG RIVALRY.

The kid is SMART!! capitalizing on his fame like this and no less also requesting GHS to be his partner and thus furthering their ability to be reaping money off of this type of exposure.

I dont even think the characters in Goong really capitalized on their fame like this when that drama came out!

Guest ljphantom

The kid is SMART!! capitalizing on his fame like this and no less also requesting GHS to be his partner and thus furthering their ability to be reaping money off of this type of exposure.

I dont even think the characters in Goong really capitalized on their fame like this when that drama came out!

QFT. It is a smart move on LMH's part, because not only does it enable him to capitalize his own fame and popularity, but increases further recognition and popularity of Boys Before Flowers. I'm guessing other actors (mostly like of other similar high ratings, trendy dramas) may start using this tactic if they can...

Thanks for translation!!!!

:w00t: the height between GHS and LMH makes them become the cutest couple but it also makes hard for MIn Ho when taking kissing scene :sweatingbullets: , poor him hahahaha.

i don't thing its really a problem when you are doing something this good........

kekekekekekkeke

Guest misshakissh

yup but then again... it just shows how much bof has gained so much popularity enough to beat samsung and lg's rivalry..

i mean look samsung dbsk vs. lg big bang..lol.. so intended to richard simmons each other off. lol

yet now bof members are models for both.. first time in history.

Boys over flowers Kiss scene between Junpyo and Jandi in Ep 10 brings controversial issues!!

Too much for high schoolers they said!! How do you think???

The issue is now controversial

the news links

http://star.moneytoday.co.kr/view/stview.p...link=2&SVEC

well that was the whole point of the kiss isnt it, to bring this sort of controversy and furthering the popularity of the show. Oh pulease, this was a great move by the producers/PD whomever. Money is to be had from this drama by adding all this drama.

Guest aimalleb

Like many others, I'm completely enthralled with this drama. I follow this thread religiously, but am often too darn lazy to post my comments. However, THAT HOT SPANKIN' SMOKIN' KISS has just broken the "lazy" spell and I had to express my joy and excitement over the development of this well-loved couple.

@ sheherizade3: I just want to say that I've always enjoyed reading your thorough inputs and reviews over in the EOE thread. However, I'm no longer following that series due to my disappointment with the character developments and repetitive storylines. Thus, it's nice to find you here and continue reading your in-depth analysis of this highly entertaining series.

Guest misshakissh

internet news is written by bloggers. they always write b.s. that doesnt get recognition..lol. its just the clicks they want to gain level. if it was on the top page of navering news list on the naver.com page ,, then maybe.. but this is a editorial..not NEWS.

controversial issues?? u should change ur title.. leads to unnecessary-ness..lol as if krn teens have nvr kissed nn done some other whatnots before.. . (currently a highscchooler in korea...)

LOL, she is shy...that's why he led the kiss! Way to go LMH! I am so giddy I can't help it! :w00t:

im totally eating my words right now, im actually thrilled they are portraying young love like this, makes their pending breakup all the more bittersweet, GO LMH and GHS!!!

Holy smokes!! LMH must have watched the kissing scenes of Matsumoto Jun and Jerry Yan (these two are pretty good onscreen kissers) and decided that he won't be outkissed by them ....ha...ha...ha.... Anyway, as they say, "the proof is in the pudding," I hope it will turn even better than the photo.

Annyeong everyone, is there anyone that can help me to find the link for Episode 4 SRT? Cos the one I get from Drama Addicts is not sync properly. The subs is out earlier before they talk. Thanks very much.

Oh Wow......I am also very excited over the "Kiss" pic. That is definitely a KISS not a peck. From many Kdramas I have watched.....I only enjoyed the kisses by Yoon Eun Hye & Joo Ji Hoon in Goong and with Gong Yoo in Coffee Prince, Kim Sun Ah & Hyun Bin in My Name is Kim Sam Soon and recently Hyun Bin & Song Hye Gyo in Worlds Within. I do have to admit though Hye Gyo dont really kiss as passionate as Yoon Eun Hye.

Can't wait to see Episode 9 and 10 this Mon & Tues.

~Aleka~

Agree with you alekaonu. So far, they are the only real kisses that I have seen in kdramas with, as you mentioned, the exception Song Hye Gyo (she is a meh when it comes to kissing).

@ sheherizade3: I just want to say that I've always enjoyed reading your thorough inputs and reviews over in the EOE thread. However, I'm no longer following that series due to my disappointment with the character developments and repetitive storylines. Thus, it's nice to find you here and continue reading your in-depth analysis of this highly entertaining series.

Thanks aimalleb. I bailed out of EOE as soon as I heard that LDH was leaving; she was the primary reason why I was watching it it in the first place. I am glad that you're here to share views and opinions about this highly addicting drama.

Boys over flowers Kiss scene between Junpyo and Jandi in Ep 10 brings controversial issues!!

Too much for high schoolers they said!! How do you think???

The issue is now controversial

the news links

http://star.moneytoday.co.kr/view/stview.p...link=2&SVEC

^ Eek. I knew this would happen.. :unsure: I know there are cultural differences and all... but we deserve to see it; if not that, then they deserve to air it.^^ The crew/actors worked hard for the scene! Any updates on this will be greatly appreciated. I'm sure it'll be fine though. *fingerscrossed* =)

On another note, that's just A-awesome!! Lee Min Ho bringing BOF w/ him.* ^_^ *

Wow.. LG and Samsung~ never imagined this would happen. It's kind of weird actually and i'll probably be more confused. I wouldn't know what to choose.. LG or Samsung. :lol:

BOYS OVER FLOWER POWER RULES OVER SAMSUNG-LG RIVALRY.

i remember in earlier articles people had wanted to see F4 appear in commercials together but at that time it was reported that it would be very hard, since all 4 of them belong to different companies. But now WOW, F4 for Samsung Anycall and Minho+Hyesun for LG Telecom. it's like getting the best of both worlds! I'm all excited! I think it's very thoughtful of lee minho to request filming the ads with his costars. Do companies actually ask who you'd like to film your commercial with? LOL... i remember rising stars use to film cell phone commercials while paired up with other big stars... but this definitely shows how extremely eager the companies are to have him as their model.

about the controversial kiss.... everyone knows they are not high schoolers, (at least i have never seen a high schooler looking that hot) which btw weren't the goong couple supposedly high schoolers too?

i have a hunch the kiss pics were released to make sure BOF would still lead in ratings this week. now the teenagers have to find a way to get halmoni off the TV set on Tuesday.

Guest misshakissh

On another note, that's just A-awesome!! Lee Min Ho bringing BOF w/ him.* ^_^ *

Wow.. LG and Samsung~ never imagined this would happen. It's kind of weird actually and i'll probably be more confused. I wouldn't know what to choose.. LG or Samsung. :lol:

yup there is a saying amongst koreans " if u got SAMSUNG or LG.... then u got ur entire entertainemnt career set for" lol... thats what the krn netizens are saying about this news.. n this dude got both.

Guest aimalleb

You got to be kidding me, right? Is Korean society that conservative? A kiss is a kiss! They are not showing any tongues to warrant this controversy. Besides, these are high school students, not kindergarteners. Let's be realistic and mature about it.

On a side note, LMH is such a team player. His thoughtful action shows that he's not someone who's simply looking out for his own interests.