[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest Bamidele

First, THANK YOU to all the awesome soompiers for contributing links, pic, spoilers, subs, and thoughtful comments to this thread.

Second, my two cents. I haven't seen Meteor Garden, but I watched Hana Yori Dango 1,2, and the movie, and what is so great about this Korean version is that it is it's own distinct brand of the HYD world:). Yes, they are sticking to the manga but I love how they add their own Korean spice to the well-established franchise.

I watched all 6 subbed episodes on Friday and at first I was like blah, but I stuck it out and loved it once is kind of got out of HYD mode. The best episode for me was when they went to that island. Sorry to JH fans but it seems no matter what version he is in I dislike him. In this version he makes me madder, seriously dude you never break the guy code no matter what. For me I always felt that his "helping" got in the way of JD/JP. Let them deal with it themselves and stop protecting her because when JH does it then JP has to step aside. I know JH is a nice, swwet guy but he needs to remember JP.

My favorite thing about this version is that we get to see Yuki/Soujirou develop with G/Y. This is one of the ways the Korean version is going to seperate itself from the other versions. Well we'll have to wait till the end, I am crossing my fingers for a hug/kiss from them. I really hope that Kim Bum's character chases after her and changes into the mature and worthy "soulmate" and not his cute player self.

Lastly, my biggest thing was Makino's/JD's ever fluctuating feels for Tsukasa/JP....I am really hoping she doesn't richard simmons me off with her insercurities and lack of understanding for T/JP like in the Japanese version. I always felt like she gave up when it got hard, instead of sticking together and fighting through it. I hope that Jan Di does some chasing and proves her feelings for JP because I always felt he did all the work and felt all the pain and gave so much more than she did.

Most importantly, I am looking forward to what else this version has instore for us..hopefully they will stop playing Paradise so much!

AJA AJA FIGHTINH BOF!!!!!!

Wow! I leave for a moment and 5 pages already!! This thread is moving way fast....tells how many people love the show. I can't wait till Monday and what is this about a kiss? Cool!! That is something to look forward to althought is should have been a kiss and not a peck. Oh well...hopefully it becomes a kiss later. So, the fiancee is supposedly coming in Ep. 13...wow!! In another two weeks, we are going to lots and lots of tension between them.

I agree to what this person says about (sorry....too many pages...don't remember) the fact that if Yi Jung didn't care about Ga Eul, he didn't have to run after her to take the chocolates and say that weird line as an excuse to take it. Besides, by the time that Ga Eul does find her so called soulmate...wouldn't the chocolates be bad already...I don't think it is a good idea to take it back. :P

I feel that Won Bin is really sad that he is barely in the show too. I find him quite interesting and want to see a storyline on him. I didn't really fully read the whole manga, so I don't really know what happens to him, but is he supposed to get someone later? I hope so because Ji Hoo not ending with anyone is sad enough, I don't want another person not to. I am hoping like crazy that everyone gets a good ending.

At DC Gallery for BOF, the kiss is all the netizens are talking about, and trying to guess what the background music is going to be. Another post states that a peck will be on the swings and a "kiss" will be at the street.

If the information on DC Gallery is creditable then there will probably be two kisses? Or a possibility of one kiss but they are not sure of the location? Blue_angel_1004 thanks for the Jandi/Jun pyo info. I hope it's more than just a peck on the lips, I want some action! LOL

Guest dream3rx0

can anyone pm me a summary of what happened in the original manga and other versions? this is the first time ive watched f4 and i know its no fun spoiling the movie, but i seriously can not wait. im dyiiiing to know what happens.

Lol they ALWAYS give us pecks.

a peck?? what?? JH got more than a peck!

what happened to the good old days of Goong and Coffee Prince. Now there's some kissing action! :D

------

I know they are totally

robbing us with a lot of privileges

------

kekekekee

I love the little love-hate relationship btw So Yi Jung and Ga Eul.

One thing that really made me want to support the pairing, Jan Di and Ji Hoo was when Go Joon Pyo kicked Ji Hoo out of F4 and when Ji Hoo guided Jan Di through the whole expel situation. Especially, during the race competition among the F4 & Jan Di. During the horse race when Ji Hoo ask if Jan Di would like to take a ride on the horse.. that scene was really cute and sooo AWWWW.. at that moment.. :wub:

the funny thing is that Ji Hoo named his horse, Rui.. LOL

Guest snowqueen00

can anyone pm me a summary of what happened in the original manga and other versions? this is the first time ive watched f4 and i know its no fun spoiling the movie, but i seriously can not wait. im dyiiiing to know what happens.

they main two charater end up together:D jp and jd...

say all out not that interestin u hav to watch , its will get so interestin... i love this drama alots

hope u like it...^^ btw im really bad at the summary hehe sorri

I seriously dont think that Jihoo did anything wrong. & yet some people are going like 'ooh...I hate Jihoo' & 'he's so bad' and stuff like that. I mean, come on, what the fishcakes are you guys talking about? lolz.

As far as I can see from the previews, Jihoo actually encourages Jandi to hold on to Joonpyo and he also assures Joonpyo that Jandi is going to be fine...or should I see that as a bad thing?? They're friends...and I dont think that it's wrong for friends to always have each others' backs. Besides, Jihoo is Jandi's guardian angel(or soulmate or whatever you wanna call it) he cant help himself but feel very protective of Jandi.

I get it...that a whole lot of you like Joonpyo...I, myself, really like him as well...However, I dont think that it's right for you to criticize Jihoo when the poor guy obviously didnt do anything wrong. It is a bit unfair. & yes I understand that every one of us are biased in some ways but seriously, poor guy..being bashed just because he wanted to help Jandi or being in the same scene as Jandi or having more screentime with Jandi. But seriously, previews can be deceiving..For all we know those might just be the only scenes Jihoo & Jandi are gonna have together and there will be plenty of other moments with Joonpyo and Jandi. So please, just relax.

This situation saddens me maybe because Rui have always been my favourite character and still is, which by the way, does NOT mean that I ship him with Makino (I have always been an avid Domyouji/Makino shipper from the start).

So yes, Rui/Jihoo is my fav. character and it saddens me that there are people that are making him out be someone who is evil, thus, hating him. But he really isnt mean..he's a really nice guy who is LOYAL to his friendship and really treasures it. So I dont get why people are making him out to be someone who is completely the opposite...

I think that we should all thank Jihoo because he's the one that brought Jandi & Joonpyo together.

Jandi got to know about Joonpyo because of Jihoo. (Her curiousity of F4 as Jihoo is one of them, thus, she got to know about Joonpyo as well.)

Jandi got to spend time with Joonpyo because of Jihoo. (When Jihoo left to follow Min Seo Hyun.)

Jandi got to realize her feelings for Joonpyo because of Jihoo. (The date.)

Jandi & Joonpyo finally got to be together because of Jihoo. (Jihoo lets Jandi go and the hospital scene plan.)

Jihoo really cares for his friendship between both Joonpyo and Jandi.

His friendship with Jandi is really meaningful eventhough it is one-sided love on his part. Their bond with each other is very strong because they are soulmates...so their relationship with each other is very close which is how it is supposed to be..however, their relationship would never be anything more than friends.

If this version stays true to the manga (hopefully it does), Jihoo will not interfere the relationship between Jandi and Joonpyo. His love for Jandi will be silent and he will be supporting Jandi no matter what because one of his main priorities is the happiness of his loved ones.

Dont worry, because what really matters is that Jandi has Joonpyo in her heart and Joonpyo is currently holding the key to her heart. Their love for each other will conquer all.

So please, dont hate on Jihoo and instead we should all be hating on Joonpyo's mother, the epitome of disaster...LMAO.

Just wanna share the news..

"Is 'Boys Over Flowers' Lee Si Young A Plastic Beauty?"

leesiyoungpic06wb8.jpg

Apparently, the photos above and below show Lee Si Young before she underwent plastic surgery, as claimed by someone.

When I read about this, the first thought that came to my mind was the role she played in “Boys Before Flowers” as Oh Min Ji. Is she suffering like her role in the drama as well? If anyone still remembers, in the drama, she came back to ShinHwa College from overseas with a “new face” after her bad childhood experience with Goo Joon Pyo. I really wonder how did she feel when she was filming the scene where she was exposed to be the girl from young.

But before you take this as the truth, I should say I can’t be sure that it is her. It may be someone else who looks alike (or maybe … not alike). And I know this is fairly common over there, especially among actors and actresses. But sometimes, it still disturbs me a little when the before and after changes is too great.

credit: hanfever

Guest sweetmid9angel

ohmygoshohmygosh!!! i can't wait anymore!!! like i dont think i'll be able to sleep tonight one cuz i cant wait for the next episode then other cuz ive got papers to do...but yeah mainly tomorrow's ep...is there gonna be a preview after tomorrow episode or not like last week?? anybody got a guess?

I seriously dont think that Jihoo did anything wrong. & yet some people are going like 'ooh...I hate Jihoo' & 'he's so bad' and stuff like that. I mean, come on, what the fishcakes are you guys talking about? lolz.

As far as I can see from the previews, Jihoo actually encourages Jandi to hold on to Joonpyo and he also assures Joonpyo that Jandi is going to be fine...or should I see that as a bad thing?? They're friends...and I dont think that it's wrong for friends to always have each others' backs. Besides, Jihoo is Jandi's guardian angel(or soulmate or whatever you wanna call it) he cant help himself but feel very protective of Jandi.

I get it...that a whole lot of you like Joonpyo...I, myself, really like him as well...However, I dont think that it's right for you to criticize Jihoo when the poor guy obviously didnt do anything wrong. It is a bit unfair. & yes I understand that every one of us are biased in some ways but seriously, poor guy..being bashed just because he wanted to help Jandi or being in the same scene as Jandi or having more screentime with Jandi. But seriously, previews can be deceiving..For all we know those might just be the only scenes Jihoo & Jandi are gonna have together and there will be plenty of other moments with Joonpyo and Jandi. So please, just relax.

This situation saddens me maybe because Rui have always been my favourite character and still is, which by the way, does NOT mean that I ship him with Makino (I have always been an avid Domyouji/Makino shipper from the start).

So yes, Rui/Jihoo is my fav. character and it saddens me that there are people that are making him out be someone who is evil, thus, hating him. But he really isnt mean..he's a really nice guy who is LOYAL to his friendship and really treasures it. So I dont get why people are making him out to be someone who is completely the opposite...

I think that we should all thank Jihoo because he's the one that brought Jandi & Joonpyo together.

Jandi got to know about Joonpyo because of Jihoo. (Her curiousity of F4 as Jihoo is one of them, thus, she got to know about Joonpyo as well.)

Jandi got to spend time with Joonpyo because of Jihoo. (When Jihoo left to follow Min Seo Hyun.)

Jandi got to realize her feelings for Joonpyo because of Jihoo. (The date.)

Jandi & Joonpyo finally got to be together because of Jihoo. (Jihoo lets Jandi go and the hospital scene plan.)

Jihoo really cares for his friendship between both Joonpyo and Jandi.

His friendship with Jandi is really meaningful eventhough it is one-sided love on his part. Their bond with each other is very strong because they are soulmates...so their relationship with each other is very close which is how it is supposed to be..however, their relationship would never be anything more than friends.

Dont worry, because what really matters is that Jandi has Joonpyo in her heart and Joonpyo is currently holding the key to her heart. Their love for each other will conquer all.

So please, dont hate on Jihoo and instead we should all be hating on Joonpyo's mother, the epitome of disaster...LMAO.

Exactly what I meant!! I'm totally sure that Jandi is in love with Joon Pyo because if not, when Ji Hoo wanted to kiss her again at his home, she could of just went for it instead of moving away. We gots to have faith that Ji Hoo is doing his friendship thing in their interest.

"Lee Min Ho and A Girlfriend"

leeminhogirlfriendmq2.jpg

Boys Before Flowers actor Lee Min-ho is seen getting cuddly wuddly with his lady love in some recently leaked sticker photos. Fret not, fans, the photos were taken 4 years ago when the actor was 18. The girl is an ex.

I guess that’s what you get for being famous -- people start digging into your past and nothing is left unturned.

Lee Min-ho is currently enjoying success in the highly-popular drama Boys Before Flowers where he plays the leader of F4, Goo Joon-pyo.

Source: Newsen

credit: K-popped!

"Star King's Boys Over Flowers Special Is #1"

February 1, 2009 at 3:59 pm

2009020108220811111rz7dw5.jpg

January 31st’s broadcasting of SBS “Star King” hit the top spot as #1. According to ratings from TNS Media Korea, the broadcasting earned 18.8% viewership. “Infinite Challenge” was at 17.6%, and KBS 2TV “Sponge” was at 10.8%.

Kim Min Joon (21), an online shopping mall CEO, portrayed Gu Jun Pyo; Park Tae Joon (24) portrayed Yoon Ji Hoo; Han Young Min (23) portrayed So Yi Jung; and Bae Jong Il (21) portrayed Song Woo Bin.

Source: MyDaily

Credit: seoulfull.wordpress.com

i've watched up to episode 8 of this series and it's pretty good. I'm not sure how many are out but I watch it subbed at mysoju. personally i would have preferred Jan Di and Ji Hoo but as luck would have it, i already knew where things were going to go. anywho, my other favorite potential couple is GaEul and Kim Bum's character...Yi Joon or something?

Guest xiaomaii

I have a question : Now they are in the high school... so how old are they? I dont know about the schools in Korea...

im not quiet sure about it by my friend told me that high school in korea tends to be from grades 10-12, so it's kinda the same in here, but here it's grade 9-12 (excluding grade 6-8 which is our middle school). Mainly in private school if you're not accelerated, 19 years old is the age for your senior year in high school. it might be the same in korea, where as 19 y/o is for their senior year, but i know it depends which high school they go too, one which is highly simplified, or in common high school.