[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest betchay

oh please please tell me more about the breakup scene! why does tsukasa slap makino?

Makino was very stubborn plus insecure over JP's fiancee.

She'll asked for breakup that would made him so angry & slapped her. :(

Guest ldalyassi

Makino was very stubborn plus insecure over JP's fiancee.

She'll asked for breakup that would made him so angry & slapped her. :(

i don't understand, (sorry) but jp already has his fiancee and then they break up? thank you in advance..

Hey but in the ep 9 preview... the scene where yi jung is playing saxophone at a bar. He saids "There's someone in this room that has stolen my heart" And Ga eul looks over (it looks like she is there too). Did no one else catch this?? I thought he was talking about Ga eul...but maybe i missed something

While waiting for tomorrow's episode,

I tried to make my 1st fanvid (instead of doing my assignments).

It's about Jandi and Junpyo.

The Way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZS_qm0iTpk

I'm still learning the WMM things, so any comment will be nice.

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing, it is well done and had almost all the sweet Jundi moments! The song fit really well with the scenes, keep it coming! :D

Just a sudden thought.

I was wondering if any korean celebrities/producers/PDs or anybody related to the korean entertainment world actually visit SOOMPI. Or do they even know that SOOMPI exists?

Cause I have this crazy thought in my head that the producers of BOF might actually read this thread and take notice of our opinions. Like maybe they'll see all the Ga Eul and Yi Jung supporters here and decide to give them a happy ending instead?

Is this even possible?

Guest mimo310

hey daysgoby: you give me a little hope but I destroy it myself LOL :D here is why:

I have the feeling he said " I'll hold onto this chocolate until you meet your soulmate" just means that he is absolutely sure that he is not her soulmate :( and at the same time hinted to GE that she would meet her soulmate someday, who is, unfortunately, not him ( YJ) . And thus he took her chocolate just because he is a gentleman and does not want to make her sad, that's all, at least it is what it seems to me right now.

I know, I burst my bubble pretty badly haha but I quickly create myself another one ^^

As far as I know, YJ's character in manga ( and also in J ver ) is an absolutely playboy, he hates or rather fears innocent girls because he knows they will get hurt easily, and thus it will be troublesome, he refers carefree relationship. So in the manga, he tries each and every means to make it clear to Yuuki that he is not the one for her.

For example: He took her to a hotel, pretend that he wanted to sleep with her, seeing Yuki tremble but still unbutton her blouse, he laughed and said " You are a brave girl", that's when he told her about his first love , hence it turned out he just wanted to test her guts ( to let her have a taste of his " playboy" personality ), and by telling her his first love , he had somehow made it clear that he cared about her only as a friend.

( I really hope the PD do not follow the manga in this scene, er..it is just off..when GE is not a naive girl in this drama, she is pure, innocent, but not naive, and I don't think as strong and sassy as she is, she would offer herself to YJ, rite :cry:? )

So, with Soujiro' personality, he would not give any girl a single hope.

but look at what YJ was doing here, he took the chocolate back. That's is too nice of the playboy we know, he said something like " When I am nice, girls get annoying" or " that's why I said nice girls get annoying " ( which one is right, guys?) then why would he took the chocolate from her, isn't that a too nice act ---> get himself involved in yet another " annoying" situation? Some might argue he is kind because she is Jandi's friend. But i don't think so, since among F4, I believe Soujiro/ YJ is the coldest, not Rui, Rui is just oblivious and has not much interest in anything, not cold, but Sou is cold, besides his f4's friends, he does not have, or need any true love, and also Sou is the most level-minded guy in F4, he sees through things quite quickly ( if you read the manga ^^ ).

Hence, even though it might hurt Yuki, he will never ever do something to give her hope, since he knows very well that she will just get hurt later ( because he can never see her as a lover )

That's why, I feel the fact that YJ turned GE away, but afterward took her chocolate, is not because he did not feel anything for her, rather, it's because he had such a painful experience in love, and thus had no confidence in true love, he was afraid he would hurt her like what he did to his first love. So his rejection of her love is not like " I cannot love you as a lover" but rather " I am not worthy of your love, find some other better man" which is why he tells her he will hold onto this chocolate until she finds her soulmate, which sounds like " Ga Eul, find yourself a soulmate, do not waste your time and love on me " to me

I create myself a big bubble ^^ but who cares tee hee, who is in with me? :D

Just a sudden thought.

I was wondering if any korean celebrities/producers/PDs or anybody related to the korean entertainment world actually visit SOOMPI. Or do they even know that SOOMPI exists?

Cause I have this crazy thought in my head that the producers of BOF might actually read this thread and take notice of our opinions. Like maybe they'll see all the Ga Eul and Yi Jung supporters here and decide to give them a happy ending instead?

Is this even possible?

haha sorry to break it to you but i dont think they know about soompi ? ahha

Hey guys, here is the subbed parts of the "we got married" episode where Lee Si Young (Oh Min Ji) was on

I did not sub this

We Got Married Ep 42 (Junjin/LSY Cut) Eng Subbed Part 1

This is a good news for fans of the new couple, Junjin/LSY couple..nglkt has subbed their part..part 1 just come out at YT..

here's the link --> WGM: JJ/LSY cut part 1/4

credit goes to nglkt..please rate and leave a comment..

Thank you nglkt for the effort!!! you're the best!!!

Guest wildhope

Calm down people. :sweatingbullets: Where's the love? Some of you are really upset at the previews being Jihoo/Jandi revolved, but he is just helping them grow closer. Also Jihoo needs his role, if he doesn't protect Jandi, he will be jobless (bad for the economy).

Not that many scenes with Jun Pyo, probably because they are still filming it. They film things like last minute don't they?

Guest Storytime

Just a sudden thought.

Is this even possible?

The PDs definitely take note of their viewer's responses on their official site. I don't think it's a huge factor, but they still do consider it.

EDIT: I personally don't watch/read spoilers because it gives me THAT much more excitement to watch the entire episode in one go. However, I think it's unfair that some people are pre-judging characters based simply on previews. Before stating "I hate __________" or "I dislike __________ because he _______," I think we should wait and actually see the episode before giving our opinions.

Guest funkypicklez

Just a sudden thought.

Is this even possible?

they have a reply thread at their official website

:D

i read thru some of the post

the ppl that posted

their tots are a lot similar to the ppl in our thread

so yeah

indirectly

our tots are getting to them

which is why

they toned down jandi a bit, showed more of F4 and their friendship, and made junpyo a little more stupid and violent

xD

Guest yogurutu

as in this case, i agree that what he did may help junypo-jandi relationship, more as a good friend concerning each other. but the way he pat jandi's head, touch her hair (for what? u can clearly know the hair is wet without touching it) etc. how can he become more touchy now after jandi officially with junpyo, thats suprise me. if junpyo saw that, will he felt nothing about it. he clearly understand junpyo's character, so as a friend shouldnt he be more cautious of his actions regardless of him wanting to help. or i bet, his feeling for jandi does play a part in it. he can tell junpyo about jandi's cold n teach him to give jandi medicine what so ever instead of him giving it himself, making him look the better guy for jandi. i'm glad the way jandi react, is not affected by ji hoo's sweet gestures, yet she's is all about junpyo. she's clearly put an end with ji hoo. even if she complain about junpyo, jandi now doesnt seem to swing back n forth btw JP n JH anymore.hahaa... i guess i'm too emotional now. its just a preview :blush:. dont bother me, i'm just complaining, not up to hating ji hoo at all. its just, i want more of jundi's moments! especially when they just got togehter, but the witch has already come to the picture. i dont mind ji hoo giving advice to jan di n jun pyo, his actions does making the couple closer, but dont overdo it :sweatingbullets:. in the end, i dont like feeling pity for him.. in other vers i dont really bother about rui's feeling.hahaaa :sweatingbullets: ...

I think, though, he's not doing it out of malicious intent. That's the way the character is written; he isn't so careful to think throughout what other people or what his friends will think, he will just do what he feels is right for the situation for the people he cares for. And at this point I would believe that he does honestly care for Jandi as much as or more than he does for Junpyo.

Rui's character, i don't know about this version, but in the manga, will keep liking Jandi, and he admitted that he is okay not dating her, and that he would be happy just knowing she's smiling. He's just a weird person and will keep expressing whatever he feels like this way, he's not so shaped by what everyone thinks is right or wrong to do.

I think you have very good reason to dislike his actions, but, I would think that if all the faults and wrongdoings of Junpyo were carelessly put aside like many viewers because he is either "written that way" or because he "has the best of intentions" and "will improve as a person", Jihoo's aforementioned "bad friend" behavior in comparison are much more miniscule that I think we should be more forgiving. It sometimes does come down to which character you personally just like more, not that one character is inherently much worse than the other.

^

Yepp! Lots of PDs and writers/producers like to read what people think so they go to websites like Daum, and Naver and stuff to read what people think.

Then they tweak it so that the viewers are satisfied. LOL

- Kyu

I'm sure YJ is also attracted to Geul.

He doesn't want to hurt her thats why he wants her to stop liking him as early as she can.

Remember.. when YJ & WB asked JP if he was serious to JD.

They said they are only allowed to date, the final decision would still be on their parents.

Knowing how naive Geul is.. he knows he might hurt her later on.

yup!i think you're right... but i'm excited of what would happen to their relationship....

For Ga Eul/Yi Jung shippers, regarding the spoilers for episode 10,

I don't think you should despair about the two for the moment. I think one really odd thing about the scene with the chocolates is that he took back her gift and told her he'll keep it until she finds her soulmate. Which, common-sense speaking, is pretty tricksy and indicative of his feelings of her. I mean, if she really did meet someone who she thought was her soulmate (who is NOT YJ), would she really go back to him and be like, "Yo, sup, hey, remember when you took my chocolates? Great, well I want them back now because I found my soulmate!!"

So all in all, I think the little gesture is symbolic and that Yi Jung kind of wants to be Ga Eul's soulmate and that's why he's keeping the chocolates for her "for now." Maybe that's a little far-fetched and slightly too romantic for a player who never has only one girl, but I'd like to see Yi Jung's character deviate from what he's "supposed" to be in the manga since we're already deviated a lot from what the Soljiro/Yuki relationship was supposed to be anyway.

Thoughts?

I think you're right. I mean yeah~ he said

"you can put your chocolates on the same table." but i think it was just for show.

He even said that "those unnies are annoying."

I still think that YJ has to melt his past. I'm referring to his first love But you can tell that he is slowly showing some feelings for GE.

Also he took back the chocolates, does anyone know of a player who takes ones chocolates back? I sure don't.

He also said that "I'll hold on to these chocolates until you find your soulmate." Maybe he is saying I'll hold onto these chocolates, until i can fully discover my feelings.

or it could be that he is trying to move GE away because he knows that he will hurt her.

oy~ i'm rambling on again.. ><

-any thoughts?

^

Yepp! Lots of PDs and writers/producers like to read what people think so they go to websites like Daum, and Naver and stuff to read what people think.

Then they tweak it so that the viewers are satisfied. LOL

- Kyu

So do these writers/PD/producers know of SOOMPI?

Scene 4. YJ's gallery/workplace. (That place where GE and YJ had tea the first time they met)

GE is waiting for YJ in front, holding a bag. YJ walks in with two girls in his hands, laughing.

YJ: Ga eul, what are you doing here?

GE: That... I...

Girl 1: Ah, she came to give you chocolate...

YJ: Ah, was today Valentine's Day?

Girl 2: (Looking at GE) The girl's nose is red. She must have been waiting a long time...

YJ: Ga Eul, you want some tea before you leave?

GE: No, that's fine.

Girl 1: No, please come in...

(She drags GE in.. The table has piles of chocolates. YJ doesn't look surprised.)

YJ: Ga Eul, you too can leave you chocolate on the table.

GE: (hurt) I'll get going...

YJ follows after GE. He grabs her.

GE: Let me go.

YJ: This is why I nice girls get annoying. Ga Eul, listen to me carefully. Acting was just acting. Don't misunderstand.

GE starts tearing up. YJ takes the chocolate from GE's hands.

YJ: I'll hold on to this until you meet your soulmate. Thanks... (YJ walks back in to his gallery)

THANKS FOR THE TRANSLATIONS!!

I hate YJ here... :tears: