[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest friend4ever

I just finished ep 7 & 8. Can someone explain why JiHoo went on a date w/ JanDi, but then later helped her some back to JooPyo? Because he knows that JanDi actually likes JooPyo, not him? JiHoo didn't plan all that ahead,did he? And when JanDi says Seo Min Hyun helped her get over her 1 st love. That 1st love she preferred is JiHoo, right?

This is my 1st time watching BOF. I really love it!!!!

As much as I appreciate the friendship between JD and JH...I still think Ep 9 + 10 have TOO many scenes of them together.

I mean, can't we have more cute bantering moments between our beloved golden couple JD & JP??? Come on, if you think about it, we don't have much time left before all the angst in Ep 13 onwards (if not before). *sigh*

Judging from all the previews, all the sweet scenes of JD & JP ONLY consist of the morning after JP stayed over, and the so-called double date.

*sigh once again* Please give us MORE JD & JP airtime! :lol:

Not as excited about Ep 9 + 10 as before...but the YJ/GE scenes do look sweet!!! Especially when YJ chases after GE, and take the choco from her!

I just finished ep 7 & 8. Can someone explain why JiHoo went on a date w/ JanDi, but then later helped her some back to JooPyo? Because he knows that JanDi actually likes JooPyo, not him? JiHoo didn't plan all that ahead,did he? And when JanDi says Seo Min Hyun helped her get over her 1 st love. That 1st love she preferred is JiHoo, right?

I think JH has started to develop feelings for JD. At first, he thought of her as an interesting girl (ep. 1-3), then as a friend (ep. 3-4), as a consoler/rebound girl (ep. 5-6), and realizing this entire time, he in fact has fallen for her (ep. 7-8). Hence, the date.

We know this because he thanks JD for helping him forget his first love, which is Seo Min Hyun. How did JD help him forget his first love? Two reasons: (1) Because JD consoled him when he was down, and (2) because he in fact has started falling in love with JD (old love for Seo Min Hyun replaced by his new developing love for JD).

During the date however, he realized again two things: (1) That his best friend, JP, would never give up/stop loving JD (as shown by JP stalking them during their date), and (2) that despite not realizing it herself, JD herself has fallen for JP (shown by JD's rejection of JH's kiss in ep. 8).

After JD leaves, he talks to a picture of Seo Min Hyun and says that although he might regret doing so, he should let Jan Di go. Afterward, he acts as the guardian angel of JD. Although he loves her, he never makes a move on her and simply helps her and her relationship with JP. So ladies, don't hate on JH. He is the reason why JP and JD are able to get closer.

Hope that helps!

Guest betchay

Two possible reasons:

1. maybe he wants to know how much JP's love for JD.

He tried to test him.. & JP passed by admitting he can't give her up.

2. maybe he really did want to date JD but when she avoided his kiss, he realized

that JP & JH have mutual feelings.

Very nicely put, blue_angel_1004, the explanation of Jihoo's feelings about Jandi.

Hey chingus, dont hate Jihoo, its the storyline that has him acted that way cos like blue_angel said, he is falling in love with Jandi where by now Jandi has already fallen in love with Jun Pyo. In the second part of BOF, as like in Meteor Garden and Hana Yori Dango, even though Jun Pyo has forgotten Jandi because of his memory loss, Jandi still love him. This is the time that Jihoo will confess his love to Jandi but she loves Jun Pyo.

So Jihoo is still the one hurt and lonely at the end. Poor Jihoo, he reminds me very much of Prince Yul.

Peace everyone!!!

i must be sadistic because i am so looking forward to the damage that JP's mom is going to do, to both JD and JP. I wonder if Joon Hee will step up since that was the purpose apparently for her character.

I think the one scene that i really am looking forward to is really the breakup scene that everyone keeps talking about.

Guest Daiquiri

I still think Ga Eul and Yi Jung will have a happy ending. You can't expect them to be a couple right away, only time will tell how the love story goes for these two.

Guest betchay

i must be sadistic because i am so looking forward to the damage that JP's mom is going to do, to both JD and JP. I wonder if Joon Hee will step up since that was the purpose apparently for her character.

I think the one scene that i really am looking forward to is really the breakup scene that everyone keeps talking about.

The breakup scene is heartbreaking to watch.

In the manga, Tsukasa slapped Makino. :tears:

Hope it won't happen here.

What i want to see is when Makino slapped back Tsukasa's mom. :P

Thanks psycho 2005 for putting up the link to watch the preview for Ep. 10.

I again feel bad for Ji Hoo because now the fans think that he is around Jandi too much and start to dislike him a little. Again, I think that a 6 mins or so preview doesn't necessarily mean that the whole episode will have no JD and JP moments. Maybe that whole 6 mins has JH and JD moments, but the rest of the episode has JD and JP moments. I don't mind that the JD and JP relationship develops slowly because if they develop it too fast, then they get into more arguments or the mom butts in too much and that will ruin the moment for me. Since we basically all know the problems are going to come, I would rather they come slowly. Considering the show is like 24 episodes, I'm pretty sure the PD will put sweet moments for JD and JP in the show considering they are the main couple and without them, there isn't really a show. I just think that at this harsh moment where the JP's mom is here, JD should get some comforting and I think Ji Hoo is the best considering he has been probably been around the "Mom" to know how she is and try to comfort JD. She could turn to Ga Eul, but she has problems of her own. Considering JP is kind of fresh at this whole new love thing and JD and JP constantly bicker and have misunderstandings between them, they need someone like JH to tell them what the other person could be thinking. I think that without him, JD and JP would have a worse relationship than they have right now. So, relax fans...I'm pretty sure sweet moments and better understandings between JD and JP will come up and please don't dislike JH for that...he is sad enough...he gets no one he likes and he lost his parents in a car accident. I think he needs some comforting, but he is doing all the comforting.

I think that there are many YJ and GE shippers, me included, because everyone knows that JD and JP end up with each other no matter what unless the PD is crazy and decide to totally change the storyline between the two. So, not because not many fans say that they are JD and JP shippers doesn't mean that there aren't that much. I think that everyone that watches BOF is a JD and JP shipper, just that fans talk about their other favorite couple because they never really see them together and really want to see them together. It was always an interaction and then nothing. This leaves many people disappointed, so the YJ and GE shippers really want them to have a happy ending. I'm personally a JD and JP shipper, YJ and GE shipper, and a little JD and JH shipper, so I'm kind of weird in a way. Even if there may not be an ending between JD and JH, I would still like to see the friendship between them.

I know that the relationship between YJ and GE seems to be going by the storyline in the manga, but I'm pretty sure that the PD will probably change the ending in a way considering the PD already changed how they first met. I too thought that in Ep. 7, the way that YJ looks at GE seems like he likes her too which could possibly explain why he rejected her because he probably thinks that he is a bad guy and don't want to hurt a nice girl like her. I'm pretty sure that the PD will not disappoint us because he just can't give us all the interactions between them and then leaving up unsatisfied. I think every YJ and GE shipper would probably kill him for doing that. I'm just hoping for the best. Anyways....I should stop talking now. :P

Guest flower pot

I have always loved Jihoo equally and even more so sometimes perhaps than i love any other character in this series...

However, I am just getting curious about the latest developments that i saw from the seven minute previews about his relationship with Jandi...

Somehow the way that they speak to each other gave me that nervous feeling that they are sneaking behind JunPyo's back subconsciously instead of just being really, really good friends?

Jihoo seems like a concerned friend yes... but he's too close for comfort in this version unlike those of others... Hmmm...

Don't get me wrong ... I am not complaining nor blaming the actors/actresses who play the role, coz i'm sure they're just following what's on the script... but i wonder where the director and scriptwriter will take this story?

I have a feeling that Jihoo will not play such a background role in the Junpyo-Jandi love story for this version but will really play more of the vital in your face 3rd party in a love triangle role given a circumstance where he could take his role of shoulder to cry on/knight in shining armor to another level...

Now, this is getting my curiosity piqued as to what new plotlines will be added to this version... Somehow, i see Jihoo as being more aggresive in his pursuit of Jandi in this version rather than that of his counterparts... he would not be a villain but given an opportunity that Junpyo slips up and hurts Jandi... i'm pretty sure that Jihoo would be more than willing to come to the rescue to heal Jandi's broken heart...

This is another reason for me to stay addicted to this drama... to see the changes that would be incorporated in this version and to see how it would all play out...

CAN'T WAIT!

If any of my classmate when i was still in school is this HOT... I SWEAR, I WOULD NOT GET ANY STUDYING DONE!

e0072385_4985b9629e21c.gif

e0072385_4985b6abc98d9.gif

33224602mx2.png

why hate on jihoo? he's just being both a friend to jandi AND joon pyo. he's not trying to steal jandi away from joon pyo. he's just being there for them.

joon pyo is a really changed man. he cares for jandi so much. :)

and ga eul!!! omo omo omo! i love kim so eun! she really makes you wanna cry too... i'm loving their story sooo much. i'm still hopeful! gajung fighting!

I have always loved Jihoo equally and even more so sometimes perhaps than i love any other character in this series...

However, I am just getting curious about the latest developments that i saw from the seven minute previews about his relationship with Jandi...

Somehow the way that they speak to each other gave me that nervous feeling that they are sneaking behind JunPyo's back subconsciously instead of just being really, really good friends?

Jihoo seems like a concerned friend yes... but he's too close for comfort in this version unlike those of others... Hmmm...

Don't get me wrong ... I am not complaining nor blaming the actors/actresses who play the role, coz i'm sure they're just following what's on the script... but i wonder where the director and scriptwriter will take this story?

I have a feeling that Jihoo will not play such a background role in the Junpyo-Jandi love story for this version but will really play more of the vital in your face 3rd party in a love triangle role given a circumstance where he could take his role of shoulder to cry on/knight in shining armor to another level...

Now, this is getting my curiosity piqued as to what new plotlines will be added to this version... Somehow, i see Jihoo as being more aggresive in his pursuit of Jandi in this version rather than that of his counterparts... he would not be a villain but given an opportunity that Junpyo slips up and hurts Jandi... i'm pretty sure that Jihoo would be more than willing to come to the rescue to heal Jandi's broken heart...

This is another reason for me to stay addicted to this drama... to see the changes that would be incorporated in this version and to see how it would all play out...

CAN'T WAIT!

If any of my classmate when i was still in school is this HOT... I SWEAR, I WOULD NOT GET ANY STUDYING DONE!

%7Boption%7De0072385_4985b9629e21c.gif

%7Boption%7De0072385_4985b6abc98d9.gif

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img523.imageshack.us/img523/4909/33224602mx2.png

In most kdramas, the third guy/gal in the triangle never fades into the background per se, they always take an active role so it might deviate from the manga but in kdrama land, its pretty typical.

Guest kje_chocolate

why hate on jihoo? he's just being both a friend to jandi AND joon pyo. he's not trying to steal jandi away from joon pyo. he's just being there for them.

joon pyo is a really changed man. he cares for jandi so much. :)

and ga eul!!! omo omo omo! i love kim so eun! she really makes you wanna cry too... i'm loving their story sooo much. i'm still hopeful! gajung fighting!

For me, a friend is not like that

He must know JD now JP's gf...

I really don't want to dislike JH but I dislike the storyline of JH and JD, it's show me that JD not care about JP's feeling and JH show his feeling so much to JD...give her medicine, go to the pool with her...

And when JD meet JP, how about her? Only get angry, shout at him... :tears:

Guest daysgoby

For Ga Eul/Yi Jung shippers, regarding the spoilers for episode 10,

I don't think you should despair about the two for the moment. I think one really odd thing about the scene with the chocolates is that he took back her gift and told her he'll keep it until she finds her soulmate. Which, common-sense speaking, is pretty tricksy and indicative of his feelings of her. I mean, if she really did meet someone who she thought was her soulmate (who is NOT YJ), would she really go back to him and be like, "Yo, sup, hey, remember when you took my chocolates? Great, well I want them back now because I found my soulmate!!"

So all in all, I think the little gesture is symbolic and that Yi Jung kind of wants to be Ga Eul's soulmate and that's why he's keeping the chocolates for her "for now." Maybe that's a little far-fetched and slightly too romantic for a player who never has only one girl, but I'd like to see Yi Jung's character deviate from what he's "supposed" to be in the manga since we're already deviated a lot from what the Soljiro/Yuki relationship was supposed to be anyway.

Thoughts?

Guest ldalyassi

The breakup scene is heartbreaking to watch.

In the manga, Tsukasa slapped Makino. :tears:

Hope it won't happen here.

What i want to see is when Makino slapped back Tsukasa's mom. :P

oh please please tell me more about the breakup scene! why does tsukasa slap makino?

Guest peanutboy

Haha! Another great post! Originally, I thought I am the only one thinking about this, and I must be foolish or crazy about my opinions on Jun pyo and Ji-Hoo. I mean based on what I saw Jun pyo is pretty much a crass and immature guy. There is little to like about him in the drama...To Lee Min ho fans out there, I am sure he is a lovely guy in real life, and I am just commenting on his character in the drama. So, calm down...On the other hand, Ji-Hoo's character is so likeable. That is why I have conflicting thoughts about this relationship between Jun pyo/Jandi. A pairing of Ji-Hoo/Jandi would be awesome. However, I am neither the director nor the writer, so I will enjoy whatever they have to offer. To put a positive spin, I actually look forward to the pairing of Ee Jung/Ga Eul. I think this pairing is actually nice and makes more sense to me.

"There is little to like about him in the drama." i totally disagree.

Jun Pyo might be immature, but he is clearly devoted to Jan Di. Ji Hoo's not exactly perfect either, kissing his best friends girl? If everything went according to your personal wishes, then what's the point of a drama series. The characters are supposed to grow and evolve over time based on their experiences, obstacles, etc.

You don't want us to take your comments too personally, then don't take these comments too personally yourself.

btw, the previous post that you were saying was so great had some rude elements in it.

^ You are definitely NOT the only one. ;) Even if i knew their whole story from front to back (which i did @ one point in my life.. but age has become a dilemma :unsure: ), i still prefer Joondi.. not that i don't look forward to Gajeong. =)

I can totally accept Joon Pyo's character.. basically because that's how he was written out to be like hehehhh. I think the essence of his character is very beautifully carried out within the story as a whole. I mean, of course no one would want to date a guy w/ the ego and level of immaturity as Joon Pyo. However, the story walks you through his journey as he learns to slow down to look at other people. He learns to care, protect, and fight. I think the beauty of his character is the gradual change and adjustment he is willing to perform and commit to for this thing that he cannot put monetary value on, and that is love. People may dislike the character Joon Pyo, but i hope that at the end of Boys Over Flowers, we will replay episode 1 and have episode 24 rerun in our mind, and then think * :blush: * That's my explanation to liking the character Joon Pyo/Domyouji/DaoMingXe~~ because i had (and have) faith in him~~ seeing the stubborn commitment he had in himself for the belief of acquiring love. :)

EDIT.

The preview for ep9.. awee. No Joon Pyo. But it's ok. =)

~~ I'm still waiting for Yi Jeong to furthermore prove to me that he is the player that he claims he is :lol: .. For sure, this ep. will allow him to... that cute face of his. >.<

thank you for your post, it was so well written.

Guest sweetie

I know JH is pity enough to dislike him. Thats making me even more want him to not concern much about jandi bcoz that would only hurt him the most eventually. For most drama, i always want the second lead to get someone else by theirside rather than keep pursuing someone who clearly says they're in love with someone else. move on. bcoz i dont like feeling bad for them n i hate it when their actions kept making the main lead felt bad as well.

as in this case, i agree that what he did may help junypo-jandi relationship, more as a good friend concerning each other. but the way he pat jandi's head, touch her hair (for what? u can clearly know the hair is wet without touching it) etc. how can he become more touchy now after jandi officially with junpyo, thats suprise me. if junpyo saw that, will he felt nothing about it. he clearly understand junpyo's character, so as a friend shouldnt he be more cautious of his actions regardless of him wanting to help. or i bet, his feeling for jandi does play a part in it. he can tell junpyo about jandi's cold n teach him to give jandi medicine what so ever instead of him giving it himself, making him look the better guy for jandi. i'm glad the way jandi react, is not affected by ji hoo's sweet gestures, yet she's is all about junpyo. she's clearly put an end with ji hoo. even if she complain about junpyo, jandi now doesnt seem to swing back n forth btw JP n JH anymore.hahaa... i guess i'm too emotional now. its just a preview :blush:. dont bother me, i'm just complaining, not up to hating ji hoo at all. its just, i want more of jundi's moments! especially when they just got togehter, but the witch has already come to the picture. i dont mind ji hoo giving advice to jan di n jun pyo, his actions does making the couple closer, but dont overdo it :sweatingbullets:. in the end, i dont like feeling pity for him.. in other vers i dont really bother about rui's feeling.hahaaa :sweatingbullets: ...

maybe bcoz i'm all out for jundi's couple,i do like JD-JH & YJ-GE but not that much, so i guess i'm being too greedy now :blush:

dont take my complaint like i want the story to follow my liking, not at all. i'm loving this drama as it is n anticipate tomorrow's ep as i always do.

i actually like how the this drama goes, bcoz the feeling now is totally different from when i started watching. even if i clearly know the ending, i find myself anticipate n scared of whats gonna come, like a brand new drama. so, its actually exciting!

why why hate jihoo? the luckiest girl now is Jandi... love by junpyo and protected by jihoo..

jihoo is junpyo and jandi's guardian angel.

the only one luckier then jandi is the hyd's japanese writer.

she is the one laughing her way to the bank. 3x her manga got so much publicity.

but it is really awsome that it can bring so much pleasure to all who is smitten by this story.

:w00t::w00t:

didn't want to compare but loved all three versions as it has their own culture and taste to it.

and because of the different years it was filmed.....

wouldn't it be great if there will be an american version and french version... :blush: