[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

i hope ur saying that with knowing what happened in episode 7.... i mean with korean everything.... dats kinda rude. hoes and what not..

ur comments have been rather rude regarding some of the characters in the drama from the past as well.

i said something rude regarding THIS drama? cause i just checked my last posts and my last and only post in this thread is commenting on woobins line about building their own island.

and how is bros before hoes rude?

have u never heard the term before? do you know not know what it means? sure its a little crude, sorry if it offended you. guess people on this board are younger than i thought.

I'm quoting myself. sorry for spam. LOOOOL. cuz goosh this is the highlight part for yuki/sojiro fans. PFFT.

Actually, that's not what happens, at least not in the original manga. In the manga, Yuki and Sojiro actually do sleep together, once; this occurs after Sara and Sojiro come to terms with each other (i.e. they acknowledge that their "window of opportunity" has passed, but they can still remain good friends from now on). I don't remember exactly which chapter of the manga this is in, but it occurs close to the end; check around the 200+ ones? I didn't completely watch Meteor Garden (the Taiwanese live action drama version of Hana Yori Dango), so I don't know if Yuki goes to America in that version, but I can say for certain that Yuki does not go to America in the original manga, and that for those Sojiro and Yuki shippers out there, yes, they do sleep together in the manga. And this is where the Japanese drama Yuki and the original manga Yuki completely differ, because the former ends up chasing Sojiro everywhere (although to be explicitly clear, the Japanese drama Yuki does not sleep with Sojiro), whereas the latter tells Makino that now, after having slept with Sojiro, she has a precious memory that she can store inside of her, and move on from there.

woah, thanks so much! though i do hope the drama differs in that YES they sleep together but instead of moving on , they become a couple =D

Hmm, that's an interesting hypothesis, but I had a different take on it. I actually think that JP will actually end up choosing to swim for the final match, but seeing JD, he'll have a change of heart and just scream, screw this and walk away in the middle of the competition (so kinda losing purposely like the manga). As much as I am anticipating YJ/GE couple as others, it is just not characteristic of YJ to lose his friend's match because of a girl.

Well, either way, we'll find out in 12 hours!

i don't know yes i think it's not like YJ (it's just my dreaming xP) but I don't think JP will touch that water

-Rebecca

Oh goodness! Episode 7 sounds like a (good) handful! I just got home from work, so I'll be enjoying it tonight :)

Thanks for all reviews/caps/spoilers/etc...it's greatly appreciated. I love coming home after a long day and taking my time to go through this thread.

Ratings are still pretty darn good considering it's a holiday. Boys Over Flowers fighting!

And I'm so glad to hear netizens/soompiers commenting on Hyun Joong's improved acting, makes me even more anxious to see episode 7!

elexis, my i also use your GIF??! i spoiled myself when i saw it! and LOVE it!

Ah, are you the owner of Arashi.Vox.Com? First of all, thank you very, very much for your quick subs! I think I speak for everyone on this thread when I say that we really, really, really appreciate the speed with which you put them out! That being said, do you suppose I could ask a favor? :) I'm on a Mac, so Veoh doesn't work for me, and thus I haven't been able to enjoy your magnanimity. Do you think that from now on you could also upload your subs on YouTube? If it's too much, then don't worry about it. I just thought I'd ask, in case. :)

from now on i will be uploading it to youtube so no worries there.

i've also uploaded it onto MEDIAFIRE split into pieces using HJSPLIT if you go check my blog. :)

You are so generous. I always wondered if you were also a part of the soompi thread.^^

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. It must be very tiring and difficult to do this all by yourself.

You are doing such a well-done job. We will support you all the way! *fighting*

thanks so much!

yay BOF is #1

one thing i wonder about though,

why is it 19% and that's number one?

weren't ratings like 24% last week?

Because of the chinese new years.

Hello I've finished subbing and am currently uploading ENGLISH SUBS.

Please visit my blog for the most up to date information.

PART 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG9YpZVdMTE

PART 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHx0Tosscyo

PART 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfNUAHPTINs

Thanks so much for this! My friends and I always on AIM talking to each other about how excited we are for your subs to come out ^^

Something I didn't understand and hope someone could clear this up about episode 7:

Did Junpyo cheat by going through the detour and thus tiring out his horse or was that ok and just showed that he's cunning and used judgement (even though it was a bad one for his horse) to get back the quickest?

I have the same question as well. I just skimmed the raw since I didn't understand anything. I saw the particular scene and I couldn't exactly piece it together so can anyone care to explain? >.<

Guest 이야기

I'm a total fangirl when it comes to Joon Pyo's actions. I thought it was extremely weird how Jandi managed to beat the car to his destination, but I loved how childish Joon Pyo was. He didn't want to hear what Jandi had to say and instead played a game of tag. It really made me laugh.

I'm looking forward to episode 8.

Thanks so much for this! My friends and I always on AIM talking to each other about how excited we are for your subs to come out ^^

I have the same question as well. I just skimmed the raw since I didn't understand anything. I saw the particular scene and I couldn't exactly piece it together so can anyone care to explain? >.<

SPOILER

i think it was pretty legit except it wasn't a choice any other person would make.

the sign clearly reasons "beware of falling rocks"

and before that the coach warns junpyo that it will kill jupiter if he pushes him through the moutain...

which jun pyo does.

in the end jupiter becomes unable to race ever again.

Boys Before Flowers' Dethrones 'East of Eden'

boys_before_flowers_07a.jpg

Now for some TV ratings report in the early morning of second day of the Lunar New Year. KBS 2TV’s “Boys Before Flowers” has overtaken the reigning champion, MBC’s “East of Eden“, in TV ratings, for the first time since its debut.

According to TNS Media Korea, “Boys Before Flowers” captured a 19.5% nationwide rating in yesterday’s broadcast, giving it a 2% lead over the 17.5% obtained by “East of Eden”.

Despite the switching of positions on the rating list, both the dramas saw their viewership dropped by a significant number. This can be mostly attributed to the Korean New Year (Lunar New Year) which fell on the 26th January. This really came as a surprise for me as I had thought that the widening of gap last Tuesday would have provided some support for “East of Eden”. I didn’t think “Boys Before Flowers” would have a 2% lead this fast.

A side note, SBS “Terroir” was not aired yesterday due to the Lunar New Year celebration and will only be back next week.

Source: TNS Media

http://www.hanfever.com/2009/01/27/boys-be...s-east-of-eden/

Hello I've finished subbing and am currently uploading ENGLISH SUBS.

Please visit my blog for the most up to date information.

PART 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG9YpZVdMTE

PART 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHx0Tosscyo

PART 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfNUAHPTINs

Thank You sooo much '4tang' for your wonderful english subs and the upload on Veoh ... I love the high quality of the video. You've gave many many BOF fans that doesn't understand Korean, to have the opportunity to enjoy this awesome drama with your hard work. :)

p.s. the next episode looks soooo good. Joon Pyo ... Aja Aja Aja!!!!!

SPOILER

i think it was pretty legit except it wasn't a choice any other person would make.

the sign clearly reasons "beware of falling rocks"

and before that the coach warns junpyo that it will kill jupiter if he pushes him through the moutain...

which jun pyo does.

in the end jupiter becomes unable to race ever again.

Ahh I see ok. I guess it makes sense. I saw the horse laying down and I just thought that it was super tired, but I guess it was in pain. Thanks for the explanation.

The best scene was when Jun Hee pulled Jun Pyo from the principal's table and sorta threw him against the wall.

Is it just me or does Ginger's makeup looks super weird around 14:34 when they're enticed by Ju Hee's charisma?

May I ask how to use viikii? I've watched the other eps successfully, but on part 5, the video loads only sometimes and without subs. (Even though it says 100% sub). Othertimes it just refreshes infinitely or says The video manager hasn't allowed me to see it or I'm not authorized to watch this vid? In the meantime I'll try to understand by context

Something I didn't understand and hope someone could clear this up about episode 7:

Did Junpyo cheat by going through the detour and thus tiring out his horse or was that ok and just showed that he's cunning and used judgement (even though it was a bad one for his horse) to get back the quickest?

What JP did is legit in strict sense of race. Unlike JH he did not use an underhanded method (not meant to be a criticism of JH's methods), but took a risk on himself and his horse. Things could have gone very wrong and he could have died because of his choice. I think this shows how stubborn JP is . He is singlemindedly focussed on winning and is ready to do anything to do so. Unfortunately when he loses his horse , he has to learn the hard way that sometimes the price of winning is too high and you lose something dear in the process.

While JP's stubborness might seem to be character flaw at this stage, it becomes an asset when he has to take risks and go against all odds to protect and win JD.

Watched the raw. This episode was such a nice break from the tension that happened in the past episode.

I'm glad to see a great improvement in Hyun Joong's acting.

Minho was amazing as usual. He's really so childish. He awakens the maternal instinct in me. XD

Hye Sun's acting seemed to have been tamed a bit. They should really get a stylist for the poor girl.

I know Jandi is supposed to be that really average heroine, but she's getting too much bashing for the ordinary looks.

They should make her 'glow' a bit.

My favorite part of this episode is surprisingly, for the first time, not Junpyo but his nuna, Junhee.

LOL. Like someone has said, she's definitely badass. Haha. And I'm totally in love with her hair. So pretty!

Can't wait for episode 8 later.