[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest elise0605

Today's episode was good but the whole 'I have to do a couple flips on a busy road in order to to hit my brother' thing just made me rofl. If they took that part out it would've have been better for her character.

Guest purple.mango

Just viewed episode 7 without the subs and I've always enjoyed the part (in each of the versions) when "Jun Pyo's" sister comes and sets him straight. :lol: In this case, it's also a bonus to see "Pretty In Soon" (forgot her real name) appearing and looking so gorgeous. :w00t: Unlike my Goo Hye Sun (who's character is saddled with Makino's football helmet hair, which makes any girl, no matter how pretty, appear that much less attractive [A cruel trick that girls play on each other by telling the other girls how much "cuter they'll look with shorter hair" in order to get a leg up in the competition] ;) ) "In-soon" looks awesome with the longer locks. :rolleyes:

We also got to hear a little bit from the "George" and "Ringo" of the group who are mainly here just to give the thumbs up to whatever "John" or "Paul" decide is the course of action for the day. :vicx: We're in a holding pattern here, but studying the looks on the character's faces, and living through flashbacks adds reference to backstories. I'll have to wait for the English subs to really know what's going on, but I enjoy watching the raw footage as well as it gives me the chance to just study their faces before having to race from faces to dialogue and back again as is my usual practice. :phew:

I'll only add this: As much as I enjoy looking at Jandi's best friend, and find her acting to be on par with the rest of the "newbies" in the cast (by which I mean that she's a gifted newcomer :) ); comparing her as an actress with the relatively veteran talents of Goo Hye Sun seems (while individually a matter of taste) a bit premature, to say the least. I love this girl, but let's let her try to carry her own series before allowing the to usurp the throne of a princess whose right to wear the crown has been proven time and again. :P

P.S. Conrats to the cast and crew of Boys Over Flowers for winning the ratings for Monday night's telecast!!! :D

:o can you tell me where did you viewed it raw please? ^^

wow, i just finished watching ep 7 of BOF, except with chinese subs, instead of english, but nevertheless, as much as i am a junpyoxjandi lover, jihoo's character has been growing on me. I remember at first when BOF was coming out i was like yay HJ! and so i decided to watch for him, but then junpyo's character was very, lets say.. attractive, and i cotninued to watch it not only for HJ but for the actual story and characters. And now, after ep 7, i think i have the right to say im in a dilemma. Although i'm still a junpyoxjandi lover at heart, Jihoo doesn't fail to amaze me and make me go aww! HJ's acting really is improving by each episode. Esp during the 2nd round of the competition, I could really tell.

Junpyo ah junpyo.. even though he seems really immature and always frustrated, I guess it is understandable since he's never actually "liked" someone, and hasn't received actual love much. I love his sister. I guess it is true that Jandi sort of reminds junpyo of his sister. They both aren't afraid of junpyo's threats and his talk, and they're both violent :) haha, the car scene was funny.

And since i'm a GaJeong lover as well, I was totally going crazy when they met eyes at the race. Even though they're not friends or in a relationship, just their interactions make this drama for me so much more lively and light, amongst the love triangle and possible splitting of F4.

And Woobin, i'm so glad he's having a much bigger role. I can't say he's my favourite character, but I definitely like him. Him and YiJeong care so much about F4's friendship, and that's what makes me like him. I'm missing his gangster talk, I hope they'll bring it back! :) Maybe not too hardcore, but a bit would be good.

Alright, I'll be back tomorrow too after watching ep 8. :)

Guest eka_chan

jihoo's HORSE'S name is RUI. ROFLS.!!! I CRACKED MY BUTT OFF ON THAT.

I think jihoo's horse name is louis or maybe loewe...? he..he...

Guest lovesong3208

hehe.

just watched BBF on youtube!

I've got to say...I LOVE EPISODE 7!!!~~

jihoo's HORSE'S name is RUI. ROFLS.!!! I CRACKED MY BUTT OFF ON THAT.

I agree X) They referenced the manga...

I really liked the races though.

The horse race was good :) I liked the fact that at the end of the race, JP's sister was like

I hope you learned something. :] she's such a cool character. (although I think her cart-

wheels in the beginning were a bit too much) and when the dear GaJeong's eyes met at the race, it was

like a moment of *blush...shyness* hehehe. Loved that part too!

THE CAR RACCEEE. It definetely showed me a lot more about JP and JH's characters.

I think some ppl on youtube were saying that JH is using JD for some kind of revenge which

I think is NOT the case. I think he genuinely likes JD (and so the manga goes).

As for the swimming race...can't wait to watch that one!!!

ohyes...and one more.

Who else loved the preview for ep.8? :D

especially the part where F2 are "describing" all the things JD and JH will do on their date.

Guest annabeelee

theres a heck of a lot of people on this thread lol

im a little disappointed in ep 7. i expected the two events to be like BAM wow.. instead it was like yay/nay for who won. i also thought it was really annoying how when the car race was picked jihoo didnt pitch a fit and had nightmares and such while joonpyo was doing a happy dance...but when swimming was picked, he threw a tantrum like he was 2 saying it wasnt fair. they both had near death experiences with the sports yet he is acting like a selfish bum.

and the gayung interaction was too short... i like them so much more than the messed up love/hate triangle.

Guest misshakissh

I think jihoo's horse name is louis or maybe loewe...? he..he...

no it was rui. da krn netizens were making fun of that part too..

Guest valley girl

RATING for EPISODE 7!

Nationwide: 19.5 (1st)

Seoul: 19.1

Credit: TNS Media Korea

YAY 1st~~~WOOOO.

i was shocked when i read this but, since it's lunar newyear yeah i never know that people who celebrate lunar new year really skip watching tV hahaha

but i am Glad EOE is passed

Did I say I’ll come back with my analysis of chapter 7? Haha well here it is!

--------------------------------------

The beginning of the episode sure gave me quite a surprise. I had expected JP to be overpowered by his anger at JH and JD, yet his childish expressions when JD showed up and the fact that they played “tag” short of struck me as an odd thing. I had imagined for JP to completely ignore JD and giving her that death glare and saying “get out of here” not for him to play tag. But of course, his friendly treatment doesn’t last long enough for his best friend. He seems to want JH dead for all I could tell. Sadly, I could never approve of JH’s act for kissing his BF’s crush but neither could I understand their ‘lose’ friendship. Unlike the F2, JH and JP (to me) shows no sign of friendship since the very beginning of the drama. JH seems to be constantly annoyed by JP’s childish acts and JP seems to view JH as a bothersome guy that does not act like his puppet and does not enjoy what he enjoys, thus making JH an outcast in his heart. Their friendship only weakens in my eyes when I see how easily it is for the two to become enemies. For a woman that JP’s just met and for a woman that JH barely knows, they sure are throwing a lot away to get her attention or in their words ‘to protect her.’

Well traveling away from their triangle (that I’m getting kind of tired of) Junhee brings in some charisma to the drama. She is definitely the best older sister out of all the versions because not only is she gorgeous, she has that charisma and the “I’m gonna beat you up if you don’t listen to me” look. It was too funny when she dragged JP by the ear and the other F3 could only stand and watch. This showed how powerless JP actually is and how he has a ‘childish’ side too.

The three battles (or the two that we’ve seen and the practice of the last) was okay. I hate cheaters and this definitely includes JP and JH. Of course, JH was more subtle in his type of ‘cheat’ and he did it to help JD. But JP’s was obviously selfish, costing him the horse (he should’ve listened to his instructor when he said that the horse wasn’t ready.) What angered me was after JP found out that the horse could not run anymore, he goes on to rudely grab his instructor by the collar and scream at him to do something. He did; but JP wouldn’t listen to his advice, instead he took it to another level when he took the unhealthy horse through the tough tracks. The car race was a bit more entertaining but I found it unrealistic that JH just got into the car and was even beating JP for a while before JP had that ‘mishap.’ The director should’ve showed JH at the first least, trying to calm himself before the race because if I just look at it, he seems like a pro that drives every day.

Well, it’s easy to say that the battles were biased towards JP, especially the last one where instead of letting JP face his fears like how JH faces his, they changed it up and let Yi Jeong take JP’s place. That’s called, NOT FAIR. JH had a hard time too because his parents were killed in a car accident, yet he concurred his fear and fought. But JP didn’t, he complained.

Next, although I love Yi Jeong and he’s more than half of the reason for my continuation in watching this drama and although I agree with him for wanting to teach JH a lesson, I felt that he was still biased. But we all know that F2 is biased towards Doumyouji, it’s like that in every version. But I guess the Korean version put emphasis on it especially when they did the whole ‘I got your back punch’ thing right in front of JH. I felt that was completely unnecessary. I mean sure I would want to teach JH a lesson too, but keep in mind the years of friendship, no need to cut him out. Thus, it makes WB and YJ (kinda like) hypocrites because on one side WB is asking JP to give up and let it go but on the other side YJ is telling him he won’t let JH get away with this while asking him to take care.

And now finally, my favorite part, GAJEONG COUPLE!!! The little scenes they did have together sure didn’t satisfy the week that I waited to see them but it was still good. First off is the subtle little glance they gave each other. I have two theories for that glance. The first (and the one which I think is probably it) is that that was fan service. Knowing that the audience is pretty hyped up about this couple, the directors decided to do something nice for us giddy fans that need gajeong to live on. Second, the awkwardness might have been from their soul mate discussion back in episode 6 because if you look, YJ has that sad look he had in episode 6 (probably thinking about sara). And of course, the pool scene! This is definitely a start to their relationship in that the directors are hinting to us that there’s something going on between the two (as if we don’t already know). The music definitely signaled it. The awkwardness GE felt when she visited YJ to ask him for a favor shows that their relationship is different from the usual. They aren’t friends obviously, but they aren’t strangers, and they aren’t just acquaintances because if they were, YJ wouldn’t give that amused smile and GE would not be embarrassed.

My theory is that even though in episode 7 YJ refuses to lose to JD, he will in episode 8 because of GE. Then, we’ll see a change in attitude in GE where she probably thanks YJ and YJ will give that cute smirk and that will be the complete signal to the start of their relationship (or whatever you call it). It only makes sense because if YJ won this battle, then JD and JH would be expelled and we all know that that isn’t going to happen. But of course, this theory could be untrue too because in the manga, Doumyouji stopped the basketball game right before they announced him as the winner. JP could do that too here I guess.

--------------------------------------

haha that's it =P sorry for my essay.

-Rebecca

the F4 are being way too harsh on jihoo

its like yijung wants the F4 to breka up.....

taking the spot for junpyo

wuts up w that?

bros before hoes.

jihoo totally went hoe before bro.

i mean jandis not a hoe but you know what i mean.

but i was wondering

which chapter it was the yuuki and soujiro slept together in the manga?

someone said they did but i don't even remember O.o

-Rebecca

I don't remember which chapter, but it was before yuuki had to leave for America. And they never actually slept together (sex), they slept next to each other all night (sleeping? hugging...).

Sorry exotsiax13 apart from it being in the early 100 I can't remember when Soujiroh's story kicks in.

I think it was me who said that :lol:

but i swear, i did see it happened! LOL.

volume 35 chapter 230 page 19 :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

and yuki confirmed that it happened and it wasn't just like what happened with tsukasa and tsukushi at the end of the manga:

volume 35 chapter 231 page 16-17

HAHAHAH~ so let's all be happy since sojiro and yuuki dont just have the platonic love. HAHAHAH<3

but hold on, yuuki left for america???? when did that happened? sorry i cant remember? :unsure:

Guest misshakissh

hehe.

just watched BBF on youtube!

I've got to say...I LOVE EPISODE 7!!!~~

I agree X) They referenced japanese BBF version hehe

\

no the reference to the original names in the manga...

bros before hoes.

jihoo totally went hoe before bro.

i mean jandis not a hoe but you know what i mean.

i hope ur saying that with knowing what happened in episode 7.... i mean with korean everything.... dats kinda rude. hoes and what not..

ur comments have been rather rude regarding some of the characters in the drama from the past as well.

I hope I don't bother you guys too much with my uploads :sweatingbullets: Because I never got any important to tell then posting the links. I just tends to be a silent reader than a speaker. I do love to read everybody's thoughts and stories about every single episode haha.

2 more various BOF related clips

BOF - KBS News, Interview - 090103

I believe everybody have seen this already on YT haha, it's something for the BOF vids collectors :D

clip3.png

Kim Hyun Joong - Yashimanman S2 - 090126

On todays YSSM episode. He's sooo handsome.

clip4.png

|| Download Link Here + Megaupload + Mediafire ||