[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest lilsh0rtnancy

I'm not sure if you read the manga or watched any of the other versions of the manga adaptation, but if you really want to know why MT fell in love with DT, then I suggest you read or watch those first. Also the MT character (Jan-di in this case) in the manga was never known for being drop dead gorgeous. That's what made her stand out from all the other girls at the school she attended, that and her personality. Also I don't get how you can praise Jun-pyo after you completely bashed on Jan-di. Considering that both of them act very comical in certain situations. I mean I don't know about you but if I saw someone throwing a tantrum like Jun-pyo at that age I wouldn't think that was normal or reasonable at all. However since this is based off the manga and it is a drama I can accept it. Dramas are meant to be fun, silly, and yes it also calls for over the top acting when needed.

Anyways despite all that nonsense I enjoyed ep. 7. I'll post what I liked about this episode later.

Sorry to cut your post, but I agree with you. If LMH wasn't Junpyo and if I saw Junpyo from the manga (w/ the badly drawn graphics and curly hair) in real life, I would run the other way. Junpyo is extremely childish and mean. This Korean version down-played Junpyo's meanness A LOT. I think the Japanese portrayal of Junpyo was more accurate (Matsujun's meanness and arrogance was on point).

Also, yea, Jandi is supposed to be very average. In the manga, Junpyo even said that beautiful models throw themselves at him all the time, but to them he's like a name brand that will make them look good. And I'm not sure if this is a factor, but Jandi reminds Junpyo of his sister because she doesn't take his crap. And Junpyo didn't fall in love w/ Jandi right away. He got the whole school to turn against her and put her through hell, but what attracted him was her perseverance; she never gave up/in to him.

They're acting grows on me, even the bad. :D

OK.. someone posted this earlier. except the previews that i saw never had that first line... which preview is this from?

ALSO... I found the NGs of BOF but its only 4.5 minutes... for those who watched it live... wasnt it longer?!where do i watch the whole thing?

From what i saw during the live NG special, i believe this was it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdEzlLW715E [4:31 clip] (credits to rkdrndbs @ youtube)

It was an NG special w/ different dramas' NGs, so each drama's cuts added up to only about 4-5 mins each.. or less/more.

Guest lilcuteeguh

okay... if i'm correct, there's definitely something wrong with the viikii server, which also explains why some of us is having problem viewing the website, as well as the videos.

i have checked other videos on viikii and the same problem persist among other videos. hope that helps! i hope the problem will be fixed soon, as i'm anticipating to watch episode 7 as well. hehehehehehe

Guest purple.mango

I also have this problem and a "you don't have a right to view this video" message. Does anyone know how to fix these? Thanks in advance.

yeah i'm having the same problem too~

but i can't watch ANY of the vids :(

Guest miss_kimmie67

so do i

i have the same problem to...

aruuhh...sucks soo bad

i have been waiting for a whole week

just to see ep 7....:(...

Guest restlesspetals

After watching the taiwanese version, I'm predicting that in episode 8, JP may see how hard JD is racing to save herself and JH and thus forfeits the last race (of course, making some lame excuse such as thinking its childish and don't want to participate anymore)

I don't remember which chapter, but it was before yuuki had to leave for America. And they never actually slept together (sex), they slept next to each other all night (sleeping? hugging...).

Sorry exotsiax13 apart from it being in the early 100 I can't remember when Soujiroh's story kicks in.

ah~ alright cus i dont remember the (sex) part LOL i was like WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?

but gosh i would still be so happy if they slept next to each other =D

-Rebecca

Just viewed episode 7 without the subs and I've always enjoyed the part (in each of the versions) when "Jun Pyo's" sister comes and sets him straight. :lol: In this case, it's also a bonus to see "Pretty In Soon" (forgot her real name) appearing and looking so gorgeous. :w00t: Unlike my Goo Hye Sun (who's character is saddled with Makino's football helmet hair, which makes any girl, no matter how pretty, appear that much less attractive [A cruel trick that girls play on each other by telling the other girls how much "cuter they'll look with shorter hair" in order to get a leg up in the competition] ;) ) "In-soon" looks awesome with the longer locks. :rolleyes:

We also got to hear a little bit from the "George" and "Ringo" of the group who are mainly here just to give the thumbs up to whatever "John" or "Paul" decide is the course of action for the day. :vicx: We're in a holding pattern here, but studying the looks on the character's faces, and living through flashbacks adds reference to backstories. I'll have to wait for the English subs to really know what's going on, but I enjoy watching the raw footage as well as it gives me the chance to just study their faces before having to race from faces to dialogue and back again as is my usual practice. :phew:

I'll only add this: As much as I enjoy looking at Jandi's best friend, and find her acting to be on par with the rest of the "newbies" in the cast (by which I mean that she's a gifted newcomer :) ); comparing her as an actress with the relatively veteran talents of Goo Hye Sun seems (while individually a matter of taste) a bit premature, to say the least. I love this girl, but let's let her try to carry her own series before allowing the to usurp the throne of a princess whose right to wear the crown has been proven time and again. :P

P.S. Conrats to the cast and crew of Boys Over Flowers for winning the ratings for Monday night's telecast!!! :D

Guest restlesspetals

Episode 7 English Translation

(for those who can't view english subbed videos yet)

JD: Gu Junpyo! Hey! Gu Junpyo! Don't go/stop right there!

JP: You, how did you?

JD: Can we talk, Gu Junpyo?

JP: I don't have anything to say. Also, haven't I told you to pretend not to know me?

JD: But I do have something to say

JP: I don't

JD: I do

JP: You, don't come here! I don't have anything to say

JD: I do (have something to say)....Gu Junpyo!

JP: Get out of the way

JD: Gu Junpyo!

JP: Go away, you ricecake. Go away

JD: Gu Junpyo! I want to talk to you, Gu Junpyo! You little...Gu Junpyo! Gu Junpyo! Stop the car! Gu Junpyo!

Junpyo's sister comes

JH: Get in the car

JD: Eh?

JH: Hurry in the car. As long as we could catch that rascal/Junpyo right?

JD: Yeah...

The cars stop

JP: Are you asking to die? How dare....Ah! Ah! Nuna, stop hitting me!

JH: It seems like you still don't learn. Who taught you to treat girls like that?

JP: Ah, nuna! You don't understand?

JD: Nuna?

JH: Sorry, let me apologize for my useless brother...I want to first go home and carefully listen to you(what you have to say). Is that alright?

JD: Yeah, its alright....

JP: She's prohibited from going in and out of our house

JH: Do you want to be prohibited first?...Let's go

JP: She's seriously prohibited for going to our house

JH: You should follow me if you know what's good for you

In the dining room at home

JH: Eat a lot. Long to no see, right?

Mr. Lee: The young master does not want to eat

JH: One less meal won't starve/kill him. So...that person who is fighting/starving himself is also the person who started this childish battle, right? Do you two also agree with this (act)?

WB: I'm against it. I cannot let F4 be separated like this

YJ: I also don't agree, but..

JH: OK, that's enough..Mr.. Lee

Mr. Lee: Yes, Miss?

JH: Peking duck and Shanghai (some food)...and the fish sauce...bring those here. ah, and a bottle of Christar

Mr. Lee: I understand, I'll go prepare

JH: Jandi, eat more. To fight against that rascal, you will not a lot of energy. Come, let's toast for that stupid little master upstairs. Cheers

In front of JD's cleaners

JD: Thank you very much for today

JH: You should leave this thanks until later

JD: But...you being so nice to me

JH: You want to know the reason?

JD: Yes

JH: You have seen our mother before right?

JD: Yes

JH: To rich people, maybe having friends is as hard as heavens. In addition, our mother thinks that friends have no worth

JD: Why

JH: She believes no one is good enough for the successor of Shinwa Group. Even those who meet the standards are not allowed to be friends

JD: But doesn't Gu Junpyo have F4?

JH: True. Having an egotistical personality plus a pampered lifestyle, being able to have friends like F4 is almost a miracle

JD: I'm sorry...because of me, he and his friends...

JH: I will not let me loose his friends like that. In contrast, I would like to thank you, Jandi

JD: Eh?

JH: You gave him this opportunity to change into a person who is less ruthless. If you say that friendship is a condition (?) than love is a definite prerequisite. Be prepared. Tomorrow will be a busy day

JD: Goodbye

I'll be editing this post for more translation, so check back if you need more translation

elexis, THANK YOU so much for making that gif of YJ & GE!!! I just love the way he was looking at her...like he was so in love with her or something!!! But somehow, I thought he looked sad at the same time, perhaps he knew he couldn't truly love her....

Awww....please give them a good ending! YJ & GE have such a HOT chemistry...maybe even more than the main couple! :lol:

Guest simplicity90

i've been dying this whole week to watch episode 7. i hope the problem is fixed on viikii and quick cause i've been spazzing in anticipation.

Guest misshakissh

Did anyone see the ratings that just came out? BOF 19.5% and EOE is 17%. Why so low for both dramas???? I don't understand..........does anyone know?

it was lunars day in korea. Lunars day is the NEW YEARS following the LUNAR CALENDAR.. so that's why its like later than the regular NEWS YEARS DAY.

mostly old ppl watch east of eden,, n on lunars day its sort of rude to watch television when there is a family gathering,, because all the old ppl gather around living room to do the bowing-money thing, drink, talking about life, games blabla.. so the kids are all in the rooms doing their own thing or sit next to the parents and listen.. usually not many families watch television on lunars day in korea. hence low ratings for all the channel programs.

wow! FIRST ratings for episode 7. :D

for EVERYBODY, be patient... i really want to watch the subbed viikii videos too...

but it seems the server is handling problems because it has too much traffic.

well, so far... i've watched the first 10 minutes of BOF raw since i understand some basic korean.

junpyo's noona made a cool entrance with her nice ride and all.