[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Guest lilcuteeguh
  • Replies 25.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was fun watching BOF at Netflix party while waiting for Pachinko @Edgar Pordwed @CarolynH @Min2206 @ATW @syntyche @msdot @1ouise   Seeing the arrogant GJP get his comeuppance from littl

cr:  KBS via FanCrops   I think this, arguably, was a favorite scene @CallieP @syntyche @Edgar Pordwed @Min2206 @ATW  .  Hope you can join us next week @msdot and @1ouise.  Some great scenes

I cried visiting this thread.. so so many fond memories. BOF would always be my #1

Just to clarify the scene where JH "smiles" when he sees JP make a driving mistake after seeing JH eating the porridge that JD brought him, and the scene were JH hugs and kisses JD on the forehead so that JP could see them...

This is not to spite JP. He smiled the first time because he knew JP was pissed at the sight of JH and JD sitting together. And the smile was a sign of recognition that he knew this was the necessary scheme (mentioned by Ga Eul) that was needed to beat JP in car racing. Thus, when he saw JP stare at them before the race, he hugged and kissed JP to instigate him. In other words, he was putting his plan in action.

He did this not because JH is a spiteful guy, but because he knew JP is a simple guy and this would make him mess up the competition. JH felt sorry to JP about what he was doing (he said so himself silently as he walked away from JD after the kiss), but he felt he needed to in order to protect JD. JH wasn't necessarily placing a girl before his friendship, but I think at this point, he feels he has no other choice because he feels responsible for JD's expulsion.

Guest colloquy

But unfortunately.. not everyone seems to care that he's a mary sue, or gary stu..

which is weird, because one of the main rules of writing is to make sure your character is not a mary sue

A lot of people hate mary sue characters because they are unrealistic.

But it's weird because no one here seems to be bothered by that. Too caught up on LMH?

Nah, hate to go a little off topic... but have you ever read Twilight? Edward Cullen is kinda the Garyiest of the Gary Stus, and he's very popular.

Guest XiahxTiffany

why are we even talking about GHS?

if u think about it the way she looks and her personalities are perfect to the actual character

really people should stop critizing this drama im pretty sure all of the people here watching the drama

are major fans :)

and beiroe nice analysis :)

i never even thought of that lol

but you are right about how they shouldnt mess with eachothers girl lol

Guest Jamieâ„¢

Did anyone see the ratings that just came out? BOF 19.5% and EOE is 17%. Why so low for both dramas???? I don't understand..........does anyone know?

does Korea have new year concerts..? that might be the reason

because I know China has these annual big concert thing on tv that most people tune in to on Chinese New Year.

Chinese subbers are amazing.. do they even sleep? 0_0

off to watch episode 7~

V ok that makes more sense haha =)

because I know China has these annual big concert thing on tv that most people tune in to on Chinese New Year.

Chinese (Lunar) New Year is like the Thanksgivings (if you're American) of the U.S. It is a time for people to make a trip to visit their grandparents or relatives, and eat together. In other words, I bet alot of families left home and didn't have time to watch their regular shows.

Guest rainbowfull.

i just finished watching episode 7!

okay, so it was most def an important eppie. i LOVED joonee, shes so charismatic & i love the effect she has on joonpyo <3 she fits the character really well. i loved the part when she pushes joonpyo's face into the soup HAHAHA, love her. and when she pulls his ear out of the principals office! only she could ever do that.

Once again i am really angry & disappointed at Jandi. She likes Joonpyo, i wish she would show it or realize it that she doesn't reaaaally love Jihoo. I felt bad for Jihoo for the car race because of the car accident in the past, but it made me angry that his last resort to win was to make Joonpyo really angry by doing what he did to Jandi. I think thats such cheap play! I was disappointed.

This episode, i was so on Joonpyo's side the whole time. It made me so sad to see that he wanted to win so badly that he risked his horse getting hurt D; that really made me sad. And when he looks at Jihoo & Jandi together, asjdhakjsdhkaljdh! stupid jandi T0T i really loved eejung in this eppie too! hes always on Joonpyo's side and i think he's such a good friend to him. This ep was more of Woobin & Eejung so im so happy it wasnt all Jihoo.

Cant wait for episode 8.

Is it airing tmrw or not? Im sorry, i bet its been asked a hundred times already T0T

Guest lilsh0rtnancy

Has anyone tried to watch part 3? Whenever I click on it, it says that I don't have the right to watch the video. This has never happened to me before. Please help.

Thank you!

i'll come back with a new post on my 'analysis' later but i was wondering

which chapter it was the yuuki and soujiro slept together in the manga?

someone said they did but i don't even remember O.o

-Rebecca

I don't remember which chapter, but it was before yuuki had to leave for America. And they never actually slept together (sex), they slept next to each other all night (sleeping? hugging...).

Guest KiBUm_Love

Chinese subbers are amazing.. do they even sleep? 0_0

off to watch episode 7~

V ok that makes more sense haha =)

umm i don't think so

but like what blue angel 1004 said

a lot of people go out to eat or visit family members

its not really the day to watch tv :]

and also, there are a lot of lunar new year specials that air on tv.

another reason why it might be so low is because people might have thought it was cancelled since its a holiday

anyways, im just happy bof beat eoe's ratings :]]

Guest deeLOVELY

ANYONE KNOW WHERE THE NG SPECIAL THAT AIRED BEFORE EP 7 IS?!

HARUEKOREA HAS ONLY A SMALL CLIP AND I WANT TO SEE THE ENTIRE THING. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

ohh

I would like to know too

Guest susiiieee

QUOTE (furnaces @ Jan 26 2009, 11:36 PM)

A very rough translation of eps 8 preview.

"Goo Joon Pyo, please wake up! You should have given me the chance. The words that you wanted to hear from me, I think I'm able to say it now..."

Finally Ji Hoo and Jan Di begin their dating officially. As both of them are feeling awkward during the date, their conversation topics still revolve around Joon Pyo and Seo Hyun. Jan Di is invited to Ji Hoo's house. At there, she forces herself to smile even though she sees the place still full of Min Seo Hyun's trace.

On the other hand, Joon Pyo follows both of them during their date. He feels terrible as he is unable to abandon his love for Jan Di. Joon Pyo meets with an accident. Jan Di dashes to the hospital after receiving the call from Yi Jung. Looking at the bedridden Joon Pyo, she finally realize her true feeling.

OK.. someone posted this earlier. except the previews that i saw never had that first line... which preview is this from?

ALSO... I found the NGs of BOF but its only 4.5 minutes... for those who watched it live... wasnt it longer?! where do i watch the whole thing?

Guest Chianna

Has anyone tried to watch part 3? Whenever I click on it, it says that I don't have the right to watch the video. This has never happened to me before. Please help.

Thank you!

I don't remember which chapter, but it was before yuuki had to leave for America. And they never actually slept together (sex), they slept next to each other all night (sleeping? hugging...).

That's Meteor Garden, the manga storyline was a bit different.

Sorry exotsiax13 apart from it being in the early 100 I can't remember when Soujiroh's story kicks in.

Vikii is not playing nice today, I only have two more parts to watch but I apparently don't have the right to.

QUOTE (furnaces @ Jan 26 2009, 11:36 PM)

A very rough translation of eps 8 preview.

"Goo Joon Pyo, please wake up! You should have given me the chance. The words that you wanted to hear from me, I think I'm able to say it now..."

Finally Ji Hoo and Jan Di begin their dating officially. As both of them are feeling awkward during the date, their conversation topics still revolve around Joon Pyo and Seo Hyun. Jan Di is invited to Ji Hoo's house. At there, she forces herself to smile even though she sees the place still full of Min Seo Hyun's trace.

On the other hand, Joon Pyo follows both of them during their date. He feels terrible as he is unable to abandon his love for Jan Di. Joon Pyo meets with an accident. Jan Di dashes to the hospital after receiving the call from Yi Jung. Looking at the bedridden Joon Pyo, she finally realize her true feeling.

OK.. someone posted this earlier. except the previews that i saw never had that first line... which preview is this from?

That is from the official KBS website. It's not a video preview, but a translation of the text preview for episode 8.

for thso ewho have watch bof on viikii.net, does anyone else have problem viewing the subtitole? it doesn't show up for some reason.

I also have this problem and a "you don't have a right to view this video" message. Does anyone know how to fix these? Thanks in advance.

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자