[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest jaejoong.ro02

the beginning of episode 7 is so cute... jandi chasing junpyo. i enjoyed watching it even without subs.

can't wait for episode 8! they'll gonna trick jandi to show her real feelings for junpyo. :lol:

Guest D R E A M

done with ep7

so now it's time for my critique:]

i found so many parts that i found weird or hated

- JH why did he make JP so angry before the car race when he saw what happened to JP before.. what if JP got into a really big accident

- and before, JH smiled when JP skid for the first time... i found that a little disturbing

- it seemed like no one cared that JH was scared of racing in cars but everyone cared that JP couldn't swim... i don't think it was fair that JP got away with swimming when JH couldn't get out of driving

- JD knows that what she did was wrong but she doesn't apologize... if she didn't like JP then why can't she say it?

- at some parts of the scene.. for a split second.. i feel like f4's friendship isn't that strong.. i would give examples.. but i only remeber thinking that a lot^^;;

- JP has serious anger issues... the poor horse. what did it do to you? :[[

scenes i loved

- all the scenes that JP's sister hitting JP:] lol sibling love<3

- JP waiting in the room for his food and then the food gets taken away again lol

- Gaeul and Kimbum's short eye contact before sitting next to each other.. :]

- Kimbum swiming <3

previews:

- hospital with JP's name on the room? i knew that his anger issuse and his car would get him into an accident one day :[[ T.T

- when is there gonna be some JP and JD acting?

Guest miniejungle

oh my God i was away on training for a week and look at this, the thread frew almost 100 pages!!!!!!!!!!!!! unbelievable!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

for some reasons i couldn't load veoh from home during the weekend, and this morning at work i can't open viikii either!!!!!!!! anyone please help, i'm terribly behind, haven't watched epi 5 and 6 yet... grrhhh... the wait is killing me!!!!!!!

Guest jacolian

wait i can t understand..JH can ride a motorcycle but he can t a car...?!!!..does it make sense cos for me a motorcycle is more dangerous than a car...:P

I think it's because he saw his family killed in a car accident. I don't think he's afraid of driving per say but the idea of racing against Jun Pyo just brought it all back for him. The images he witnessed as a young boy was affecting him psychologically and appear almost phobic at that time. It seem to me that all he needed was time to get his head in order and that's why he was able to race in the end.

Guest Daiquiri

I think the cast could've been better though. they REALLy couldn't find a better jandi? I kind of want jandi's best friend to be jandi instead. lol...

I feel she tries too hard to be comical and manga like. I think she should just act natural as if it was real life even though the circumstances are unrealistic.

Hmm I'm going to have to disagree with you (and all the others who seem to have sprouted a personal vendetta against GHS). This a drama adapted after the manga, therefore all the actors in here are acting according to the script, the director's pov, and the characters in the manga. If you're going to call GHS out on that account alone, then you have to take all the other aspects that made this drama what is it as well. The line which I bolded especially, you contradict yourself there. How is someone suppose to act natural under unrealistic-over-the-top situations? If someone took you on a all expense paid shopping spree and then took you on vacation on a private jet, tell me how you would react? I'm sure you would be very calm and subdued...

junpyo is really outstanding. But I still don't understand why he loves someone like jandi so much. Perhaps it's goohyesun's fault for not helping highlight when and how exactly junpyo fell in love. To me it feels like junpyo just suddenly fell into some kind of magic love spell. The development of the love story of junpyo and jandi was poor.

Jandi feels more human than the other students of the school and she's the first to rebel against him... but so what? does that really make you fall in love? Maybe it's the script writers fault.... plus you can't call this a love in first sight situation. Because no matter how pretty goohyesun is.... "jandi" just isn't that pretty.

The charm of jandi and junpyo is suppose to be... jandi no matter how poor she doesn't find charm in a man through money but for who they are. And junpyo is charmed by this. But this wasn't shown very well.

I'm not sure if you read the manga or watched any of the other versions of the manga adaptation, but if you really want to know why MT fell in love with DT, then I suggest you read or watch those first. Also the MT character (Jan-di in this case) in the manga was never known for being drop dead gorgeous. That's what made her stand out from all the other girls at the school she attended, that and her personality. I don't get how you can praise Jun-pyo after you completely bashed on Jan-di. Considering that both of them act very comical in certain situations. I mean I don't know about you but if I saw someone throwing a tantrum like Jun-pyo at that age I wouldn't think that was normal or reasonable at all. However since this is based off the manga and it is a drama I can accept it. Dramas are meant to be fun, silly, and yes it also calls for over the top acting when needed.

I'm certainly not going to waste my breath arguing against all the silly claims people are making against GHS or any other actors in this drama after this. If you dislike it so much then go watch something else, instead of wasting space on this thread. It's just silly (and stupid) to hate someone for acting too comical but then you can excuse other actors who also do the same thing. If you think GHS looks too old, then what about Kim Bum and his baby-like face who plays the player persona? Etc, etc, etc, I could go on about all the inconsistencies in this drama but then I would loose sight of why I came to watch it in the first place.

Anyways despite all that nonsense I enjoyed ep. 7. I'll post what I liked about this episode later.

Did anyone see the ratings that just came out? BOF 19.5% and EOE is 17%. Why so low for both dramas???? I don't understand..........does anyone know?

I didn't watch it with subs however I'm impressed with KHJ's acting, he got so much better and more relax! and he look really good in Episode 7, the brown leather jacket!

Can't want till tomorrow's episode with JD and JH's "date". They look so cute together in the preview ~

Although I know JP and JD is going to end up together, I'm still hoping for a twist and JD can be with JH :D

wishfulthinking ? yeahh I know~ but still I wish Jihoo can end up finding happiness too, Sucks for him to just watch over JD and getting hurt</3 :(

Also, is it me or Kimbum getting too much screen time ? I love him but WB need to come out more ~ whats going on ~_~

Guest epique.

Did anyone see the ratings that just came out? BOF 19.5% and EOE is 17%. Why so low for both dramas???? I don't understand..........does anyone know?

chinese new year ;D

i wonder if the only reason BOF has high ratings was because the parents are doing more traditional things than watching the tv, so then then more teens could use the tv? xD

Guest XiahxTiffany

mann this thread is flying!!! 0_0 like 200 users on rite now

and the rating for BOF 19.5% was probably because the ep. wasnt as good as usual

like it was a bit dragging not too much though

but still all of us fans loved this episode :)

man JP doing his best to ignore JD !!! it probably was really really hard for him

well still im definite that they JP and JD will end up together !!!! i hope!!!

Wowwwzers, so many recaps/spoilers [that i always enjoy reading] :D . I happened to have watched ep8 live too.. and there were so many emotions that i experienced in this episode.

Erhhh, i guess this is considered some spoilers. Some of what i was feeling/thought when i was watching..

You can literally see the sadness in Joon Pyo's eyes in the first scene when Jan Di and him are together.. it's not easy to smile at Jan Di, someone he revealed his true self to. He was just so disappointed. :( But i experienced laughter when his Jun Hee nuna came into the picture, that was just the funniest thing! Joon Pyo's sister is soooo cool! Joon Pyo's immature-ness is most evident when his sister is around. I love their relationship. Although Ji Hoo may have hugged and kissed Jan Di on the forehead before the race to intentionally get at Joon Pyo, i felt it really moving when he walked away and said "mianhaeyo" (sorry).. This man has a beautiful face (i'm so late right? :ph34r: ). Even though i've always always rooted for Domyouji/DaoMingSe/JoonPyo, i just cannot deny the fact ( :sweatingbullets: ) that the scene with Jan Di on the horse (was the horse's name 'Rui'?~ cutest thing xD) and Ji Hoo walking beside them was soo touching. The music and everything just went so well together. But, i felt a great feeling of sadness and fear for Joon Pyo when he watched his horse suffering in the stall. You can see his teary-eyes. Poor thing (him and his horsy).. And wow, when he all of a sudden kicked one of his race-car guys, that was so :wacko: .. I think that was the Domyouji everyone was anticipating for Joon Pyo to be. Even though i feel very sorry with him, i know that all this will lead to a beneficial meaning in his transformation as a character. He has a lot of resentment, disappointment and sadness in himself right now and he cannot downright show them because it'll make him look.. well, weak. So that's why all he wants to do right now is to get rid of Jan Di and Ji Hoo so he can return to his internal normal state of mind.

But woww, i actually forgot about the set-up in the TW version. Perhaps that's what's going to happen w/ the Joon Pyo and hospital thing. I cannot wait for Jan Di to return his feelings.. I mean, watching her chase after his car in ep7 made me :blush: .. the look on her face when he turned away from her.. =(

Thank you for all the lovely caps and photos! I can't wait to see ep8.. not live this time. I have to be careful w/ my sleeping habits haha.

p.s.

I found the NG special was soo cute! I wish to see more of it in the near future. NGs are my favorites!! xDD

the F4 are being way too harsh on jihoo

its like yijung wants the F4 to breka up.....

taking the spot for junpyo

wuts up w that?

i dont think that's what yijung wants. YJ is really pissed to JH on epi6 bcos JH violated number one rule (the only rule maybe) of male friendship, that is: dont mess around with your bestfriend's woman/ex-woman/sister. even that JD is still not JP's girlfriend, but knowing that JP likes her, JH should stick to the rule, JD is out of JH,YJ, WB territories. that's just how it is, not just in manga or dramas, but also in real world. as a playboy YJ knows this better than anyone. i think he just wants JH to realize it and let him know that he cannot get away easily with it.

men are different than girls, just bcos they dont hang out everyday, talking or gossiping on the phone everyday, shopping and go to the loo together, it doesnt mean they're not bestfriend. they have their own way of making a solid friendship. i dont understand some ppl mentioned that the friendship of F4 doesnt seem so strong, how do they judge it from? YJ and WB went look to the culprit of the fotos fiasco just bcos they saw how disrupted JP was. they didnt do it bcos of JD. YJ point out directly to JH that what he did was wrong and he's not on his side for that. only a true friend can speak the truth, and only a true friend can accept such a critic. WB tried to tone down JP's anger and to reconsider his decisions. i think this how the PD wants to show the friendship of F4.

this is my opinion, anyone can disagree. but just bcos somethings are not shown they way you think it should, it doesnt means it's not there

Well, the question would be, what aired at the same time? Some big show? Keep in mind that the percentage means that it's 19,5 out of 100 TVs actively viewing something. It doesn't count the tVs that were switched off. So, what other shows/news/series/movies aired at that time?

Well, the question would be, what aired at the same time? Some big show? Keep in mind that the percentage means that it's 19,5 out of 100 TVs actively viewing something. It doesn't count the tVs that were switched off. So, what other shows/news/series/movies aired at that time?

If I had to guess, since it's the lunar new year, families are gathering together, so instead of 3 different families watching the show separately, they watched together at 1 place. and thus ratings are low across the board.

I think the holidays end on 1/27, which means tue's might be low also....

If I had to guess, since it's the lunar new year, families are gathering together, so instead of 3 different families watching the show separately, they watched together at 1 place. and thus ratings are low across the board.

I think the holidays end on 1/27, which means tue's might be low also....

Uhm... not really. If you have 300 TVS and 30 WAtching show A, or if you have 100 TVs and 10 watching show A, the rating would still be 10%.

So, if BOF gained 19,5%, and EOE gained 17,5%, that makes a total of 37%... or, 37 TVs out of 100 TVs watching at the time... Then, what station were the remaining 63 TVs watching at that time (since only the ones that are switched on count)...