[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Guest D R E A M

EP 5 was so good!

I seriously watched this drama cause of hyunjoong...

but for some reason i was a little disappointed when he came back

cause that mean JD was going to get distracted again and focus more on him.. T.T

I want more JP and JD action!~ (but he didn't really interfere in this ep)

lol my favorite part was prob the part that everyone was anticipating for over the week.

JP saving JD.

lol he was so hot><

i also liked the fact that this drama had a little bit more of Kibum and Gaeul action:]

the cliffhanger at the end.. JP looked really hot, esp cause of the wind.

can't wait until tomorrow!!!

BONUS

some spoilers? on today's ep

20090120071919569e7_072113_0.jpg

• Replies 25.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was fun watching BOF at Netflix party while waiting for Pachinko @Edgar Pordwed @CarolynH @Min2206 @ATW @syntyche @msdot @1ouise   Seeing the arrogant GJP get his comeuppance from littl

cr:  KBS via FanCrops   I think this, arguably, was a favorite scene @CallieP @syntyche @Edgar Pordwed @Min2206 @ATW  .  Hope you can join us next week @msdot and @1ouise.  Some great scenes

I cried visiting this thread.. so so many fond memories. BOF would always be my #1

Guest lyptika

My brain is working overtime... Been translating the subs from Ep.5 into German and Russian for 4 Hours now... And I still can't get enough of this addicting show!! icon12.gif

Ratings for ep 5 is out.

TNS: 24.8%

AGB Nielsen: 22.2%

Compare to its competition, East of Eden:

TNS: 25.1%

AGB Nielsen: 27.1%

Only 0,3 % difference on TNS! Yay! Hope BOF will run past EOE tomorrow. Well, if not, then next week 4 sho :D

EOE, be prepared! We're hard on your heels! keke

edit: another page topped! :D

Guest babiplucki

Oh man ep 5 was great! there were some really good moments...i especially love how JP cleared the shopping mall by pressing the fire alarm and treated JD like a barbie doll, lol.

Guest Chianna

EoE seems to be holding steady at 27% but I'm glad this drama is quickly catching up.

Vikii just has the last part to sub, I can't decide if I should start watching it or not.

Guest mikirakayano

hi!

I don´t know english too much so i´m sorry if I make the mistakes

i want to ask...

if you know something about a fan who film with his camera in the filming a scene where Jan Di shouts that she loves Jun Pyo!!!!

I only know that it was said in a korean forum

Can anyone say me if it is truth,please and what forum is it???

it took me a lot longer to assimilate episode 5 before coming back to rant. btw, i'm so excited about the viewership ratings! BOF will definitely catch up to EOE really soon. and i can totally imagine the youngsters in korea being forced to watch it on their cell phone or computer becoz the parents are hogging the TV. that might also explain why the viewership ratings for second screening of the episodes are in the second digits too!

anyway, off to episode 5. (DON'T READ THE BELOW IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED EPI 5 YET).

i'm so sorry if i have to compare this one scene with the manga -- the scene where junpyo saw the scandalous pictures of jandi sleeping with the guy. Actually i liked that part in the manga very much becoz it was a turning point in their relationship becoz tsukushi (jandi's original character) yelled out that she didn't care if everyone did not believe her, she just cared whether Doumouji (junpyo's original character) believed her. It seems right at that point, tsukushi (jandi) unknowingly expresses that what doumouji (junpyo) thought is all she cared for although she still thought she loved rui (jihoo). That was a major turning point in their relationship in the manga.

In the korean version, they kinda changed the tone, Jandi was still in denial although what junpyo thought did matter to her, but she refuse to acknowledge it in front of him. So these are contrasting setups, and each has its own merits. i just can't decide which i like better.

I really liked how they show at the beginning of the episode that jandi was thinking back about all the times jihoo had saved her as she falls dejectedly to the ground admitting to fate that this time no one would be around. Somehow this scene shows that jihoo's role to her is a savior, the knight in shining armor who comes to wipe her tears and picks her up. As she decides to succumb to fate, someone finally steps in! And aren't I glad that this time it is NOT Jihoo. I have a feeling if it was jihoo again, jandi will prob never ever get over him. I think her feelings towards jihoo is a mixture of gratitude and admiration. Although she is tough on the outershell, there are times when she needs a protector, someone who would defend her.

As for her feelings towards junpyo, i believe she was referring to it when chatting with gaeul while tending the store. it is prob something she still does not understand. perhaps she feels he's not as unlikable but yet she can't find something worth liking about him. All junpyo's ways of lavishing gifts didn't win him jandi's gratitude. on the contrary, she prob feels pressurized and trapped feeling that junpyo is trying to force his life into hers.

well, but from an outsider's view, isn't junpyo way too sweet to jandi? when jandi was blocking the TV while he was playing games, i think he was too kind to her.. haha. And so i fully emphathize with him when he asks jandi why she keeps yelling at him when he's doing all the nice things for her. the part where he rings the alarm to get everyone out of the mall is so smart! None of the salesperson at the mall recognizes him (which i think is a brilliant addition) foreshowing that despite his status, he has little power outside of his own household and his close attendents.

I think hyunjoong improved in his acting once again. though he had few lines, the conversation he had with jandi at the school balcony was quite a scene to remember. i think he did pretty well there, the way he spoke and looked. it was definitely different. this scene was originally in the manga. i don't think he was trying to lure jandi away behind junpyo's back. he was half-joking and half-admitting that he liked her.

for once, we see Yijeong visibly irked by gaeul. he didn't have the time for her and the reason he accompanied her was just becoz he wanted to do junpyo a favor. i think that's very sweet of him. and instead of having yijeong and gaeul getting close together, i actually would like to see more snarling from both parties to spice up the show.. haha.. kim bum finally showed some good acting in this episode. i was kinda tired of all the smiles, i knew there was more to him than that.

the part about the shaman, if it were all a dream, then i absolutely emphathize with jandi. if she herself unknowingly acknowledges that junpyo is supposed to be her future husband, scream all she will, i guess it can't be helped :P

Guest ladeela123

Ratings for ep 5 is out.

TNS: 24.8%

AGB Nielsen: 22.2%

Compare to its competition, East of Eden:

TNS: 25.1%

AGB Nielsen: 27.1%

Thanks for the updates! Hope for a win tomorrow! :D

Episode 5 was AHHHHHHHHH.

I'm sure the ending of today's episode (Someone taking off his shirt!) will make people tune in, LOL

when GJP comes and save Jandi i swear that was one of those beautiful moments that makes you wanna keep replaying it over again and again!!!

JANDI <3!! GOO JOON PYO!!

^How can i forget about that part! Even though it was in the beginning of the episode, it made me teary-eyed and all. :tears: *sigh* That was my favorite part in episode 5. Just, the way Joon Pyo said 'I'm sorry'... I kind of wish Jan Di would give in already. :blush:

I think this version will present an even greater dillema than that of the previous versions when it comes to that love triangle since it seems like Ji Hoo had admitted to Jandi from previews that he is beginning to like her too... (Isn't it so that in the TW version Lei said that "he wishes he can like San Cai instead" when they kissed which means that he's still hung up on Chin and just seeking comfort from San Cai but in the Kversion Ji Hoo is already asking himself out loud, how he had begun to like a girl like Jandi which is almost an admission...)

Lei/Rui in the previous versions was more of a friend... somebody who kept his feelings for San Cai/Makino locked inside himself but with the complete and utter understanding that it is Dao/Doumyoji who really owns her... I wonder if they'd make this version any different...

i think in both version rui/lei did ask makino/SC if he was too late bcos he started to like her, and eventually it was a joke. exactly what happened in this version too. further on, lei admitted to SC when they were locked together in the same room the whole night (after the kissing tragedy) that he was using her to get over jing (shizuka), he apologized to her and he said that he still love jing. it was the moment when SC knew she has to stop her feeling for him. as the drama progress lei really fell in love with SC, i dont remember exactly in MG, but it was really shown in HYD, rui said it himself and domyoji down on his knee begging rui to give up on makino.

i think the love triangle is not a big issue bcos when makino likes rui, rui likes shizuka. when rui likes makino, she was already in love with domyoji. well it does give spices into the whole story. but u are absolutely right abt rui being a friend to makino. well as in the manga, rui said as long as makino is happy, standing there aside watching is more than enough for him. and he knows he cannot betray his bestfriend. up untill now we can only see of a potential love triangle, it is like that, but that's not the real story of HYD, i would really dissapointed if this version drag this first obstacle too long, bcos there are plenty more obstacles to be cover actually (it's like never ending in the manga).

the craziest thing is, although i know how the story will go and how it's going to end, im still 100% curious to this drama. it really feels like watching it for the very first time, keep on wondering what's going to happen :sweatingbullets: lurking to this thread everyday to see if there's any news....hahaha and i have no problem with JD as well, i notice plenty of remakrs saying that she's overacting. SC and makino were portrayed in different ways, SC was more talkactive and cursed sooo much more than makino or JD. DMS and domyoji were also like that. i mean we all know that JP is portayed here in different ways also, JP is not so violent and rude as DMS, not so idiotic as domyoji and everybody accept that. maybe JD is more comical than SC and makino, so why cant we accept this?

i would prefer to see this as a story abt a man who is childish, rich, spoiled and arrogant, yet put all his heart and learns so much throughout his conquest to win their love. and abt a woman who thinks toooo much abt the consequences of their love, she's always afraid to be with him bcos his mother does the nastiest things ever!!! but in the end, they both cant runaway again. well they still have a long way to go and have a really difficult enemy to defeat. i really wonder if there's such a mother.

Guest valmylove

So many good talks rolling out!!! hopefully we can all reply to each others posts....

Spoiler

The scene when Jun Pyo is wiping Jandi's face and you see he wants to kiss her sooooo badly. I love that they added that because it makes it all the more heartbreaking for Jun Pyo when he sees Jandi let Ji Hoo kiss her. Sniff sniff. BUT it will also make it all the more spazztastic/meaningful when Jandi finally returns his affections and they finally do kiss. Kya! :wacko: kekeke

Me too!! He was sooo tempted...as we can see outside he tries to calm himself down. I was really happy/giddy too!

pho50, you made an excellent point about ths kiss. *thumbs up*

Jandi made it clear that she hasn't even had her first kiss yet, so when Jun Pyo sees that it's one of his very best friends that gave Jandi her first kiss, Jun Pyo's absolutely heartbroken.

Gahh...I can't wait for Jun Pyo and Jandi's first, real kiss together! It'll make us all warm and tingly inside!

He tries twice (?) to kiss or want to kiss her.... but he had to control himself. And ofcourse men have their pride and to have one of your best friend be her first kiss and he will be soooooo angry.

I wander though why the storyline doesn't talk more in depth between Junpyu and Jihoon. And if Jihoon (we know he knows right?) knows that Junpyo likes Jandi already....isn't there an unwritten rule that friends don't go after each other's girl/or sisters?

Or is it that Jihonn like Lei/Rui felt that JunPyo like DaomingSi/Tsusk is too much of an arrogant andstep over his best friend to goafter her knowing shelikes him first anyways?

it took me a lot longer to assimilate episode 5 before coming back to rant. btw, i'm so excited about the viewership ratings! BOF will definitely catch up to EOE really soon. and i can totally imagine the youngsters in korea being forced to watch it on their cell phone or computer becoz the parents are hogging the TV. that might also explain why the viewership ratings for second screening of the episodes are in the second digits too!

anyway, off to episode 5. (DON'T READ THE BELOW IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED EPI 5 YET).

i'm so sorry if i have to compare this one scene with the manga -- the scene where junpyo saw the scandalous pictures of jandi sleeping with the guy. Actually i liked that part in the manga very much becoz it was a turning point in their relationship becoz tsukushi (jandi's original character) yelled out that she didn't care if everyone did not believe her, she just cared whether Doumouji (junpyo's original character) believed her. It seems right at that point, tsukushi (jandi) unknowingly expresses that what doumouji (junpyo) thought is all she cared for although she still thought she loved rui (jihoo). That was a major turning point in their relationship in the manga.

In the korean version, they kinda changed the tone, Jandi was still in denial although what junpyo thought did matter to her, but she refuse to acknowledge it in front of him. So these are contrasting setups, and each has its own merits. i just can't decide which i like better.

I really liked how they show at the beginning of the episode that jandi was thinking back about all the times jihoo had saved her as she falls dejectedly to the ground admitting to fate that this time no one would be around. Somehow this scene shows that jihoo's role to her is a savior, the knight in shining armor who comes to wipe her tears and picks her up. As she decides to succumb to fate, someone finally steps in! And aren't I glad that this time it is NOT Jihoo. I have a feeling if it was jihoo again, jandi will prob never ever get over him. I think her feelings towards jihoo is a mixture of gratitude and admiration. Although she is tough on the outershell, there are times when she needs a protector, someone who would defend her.

As for her feelings towards junpyo, i believe she was referring to it when chatting with gaeul while tending the store. it is prob something she still does not understand. perhaps she feels he's not as unlikable but yet she can't find something worth liking about him. All junpyo's ways of lavishing gifts didn't win him jandi's gratitude. on the contrary, she prob feels pressurized and trapped feeling that junpyo is trying to force his life into hers.

well, but from an outsider's view, isn't junpyo way too sweet to jandi? when jandi was blocking the TV while he was playing games, i think he was too kind to her.. haha. And so i fully emphathize with him when he asks jandi why she keeps yelling at him when he's doing all the nice things for her. the part where he rings the alarm to get everyone out of the mall is so smart! None of the salesperson at the mall recognizes him (which i think is a brilliant addition) foreshowing that despite his status, he has little power outside of his own household and his close attendents.

I think hyunjoong improved in his acting once again. though he had few lines, the conversation he had with jandi at the school balcony was quite a scene to remember. i think he did pretty well there, the way he spoke and looked. it was definitely different. this scene was originally in the manga. i don't think he was trying to lure jandi away behind junpyo's back. he was half-joking and half-admitting that he liked her.

for once, we see Yijeong visibly irked by gaeul. he didn't have the time for her and the reason he accompanied her was just becoz he wanted to do junpyo a favor. i think that's very sweet of him. and instead of having yijeong and gaeul getting close together, i actually would like to see more snarling from both parties to spice up the show.. haha.. kim bum finally showed some good acting in this episode. i was kinda tired of all the smiles, i knew there was more to him than that.

the part about the shaman, if it were all a dream, then i absolutely emphathize with jandi. if she herself unknowingly acknowledges that junpyo is supposed to be her future husband, scream all she will, i guess it can't be helped :P

For me this epi was sort of a mixed bag. I absolutely loved the first 10 min of this drama and then it sort of spiraled to eh towards the end.

But as im reading this part in the manga, i have to say that i sort of like how the korean version did a little twist that she was still in denial over it on the outside but i thought the tell tale sign of a shift for JD towards her feelings for JP were really in ep 4 when she fell tried to hide it from him. To me it was more of a subconscious effort on her part that shows that she does value his opinion of her.

But i agree with you bc i do think all those gifts were overbearing and i think that it also is a reflection of his upbringing that this is literally the only way he knows how to show his feelings which is through material things.

I also thought it was brilliant of the writers/could be a fluke that you mentioned that he is not known outside a very small circle because its really true in real life as well. Also- another important reason might be due to the constant danger of kidnapping if he was widely known so i thought it was a great way of the writers of putting that little dit in there.

I think that JH (actor/singer) is doing an ok job so far, but i think he is better when he doesnt have much dialogue overall.

And GE and YJ are very cute together, and although very cute and interesting, it doesnt appeal to me much overall.

That shaman scene was a total LOL!

EDIT- i also think its important to add that JP is well aware that JD likes JH too so of course he would go the extra mile and would also explain why he wasnt exactly thrilled that he was back and that he was pleased with the new change in him because that means JD would be all his.

Guest chungmah.

gahh finally done episode 5.

i absolutely loved it. and jp was just <3

i thought it was so sweet when he was holding her and saying "i'm sorry"

and YIJUNG AND GAEUL <3 forever numero uno shipper.

someone should release caps soon! too many cute moments.

Guest ykidkwis

omg ep. 5 was SO INTENSE....so good!!!! omg i almost cried at two parts....1st is obviously when JP went to rescue JD and he told her to stop talking T.T....he is such a good actor...u can tell he felt so horrible and guilty for her being attacked...can't wait to watch this scene in HQ. And second was at the table on the beach that he set up for the two of them and then he gave JD his phone to video chat with his family and she was about to cry...how thoughtful he is...what a sweet gesture! and LMAO about JD's family when JP went to visit and they prepared for him that modest and humble meal and just sat there watching him! so good. and i read about the director of photography/cinematographer leaving on arashi's blog...how sad....those new caledonia shots were so amazing...not just cuz of the scenery but it was filmed really well...like hte composition of the scene with the table on the beach and jandi and joon pyo walking up from the distance to it. I hope the rest will be as good! can't wait for the next episode!

Guest buddhjie14

just finished watching ep 5 with subs! (i watched it live last night :lol: but i don't understand most of the epi)

wow!

i thought im going to be really sad becuase i know that JP will surely be really heartbroken,

but he isn't in this episode, so im really happy

i feel like i dont want to see episodes 7 + 8 now.. lol

some said that they don't like JD's dress on the island,

but for me, it's really cute...

last night while watching it live, i didn't like ga eul and yi jung's part, it was kinda boring for me

but i found it really cute this morning while watching the subbed ones...

that's all for now...

need to read pages 242 to the latest post! lol :lol:

im really glad that our drama ratings is getting higher! we'll keep fighting!

let's beat that EOE drama :lol:

ahh, i love how joon pyo shows some affection when jandi is about to cry at the beach and he asks her what he did wrong/did he do anything wrong

i think he's finally starting to show his feelings a bit more.

Guest funkypicklez

totally agree

and junpyos suppose to save her before he knew it wuz all a setup and that jandis actually innocent

but i think that the korean change was ok for the korean drama since....jandis a lot more confused about her love for jihoo and junpyo then nyother mankino in the other dramas...since the drama is so fast-paced compared to mg and hyd....

:D

but him saving her

XD

hes so sweet~!

n hes a great actor

u could totally feel his anger, sadness, and GUILT

Guest buddhjie14

this post was way back to page 243 i think lol :lol:

but still want to reply on this one... haha

Easy there. It just finished airing.

----

Gosh I missed some good 20 minutes at the beginning. I didn't notice the time. <_<

Anyway, allow me to spazz. XDD

LOL. When JoonPyo went to JanDi's house and JD's brother slammed the door on him.

For a moment I thought JoonPyo would cause a scene XD.

JanDi's family were oggling at him while eating. :lol:

Ahhh!! JoonPyo's declaration of their relationship in the cafeteria!!

The reaction of the trio was such a sight! They were literally on the floor! :P

And JoonPyo and his 'amazing' ways.

He would go to the extent of making the fire alam go off just so they would have the mall for themselves.

Woah..the beach they went to. It's New...something (I didn't get the name :sweatingbullets: )

The place is gorgeous! ^^

And it's actually Shinhwa's property.

The fortune teller.. she said JanDi has 2 men in her life. And they're both with her (like at the beach I guess?).

I wonder who among JoonPyo and JiHoo is the husband and the soulmate. Hmmm :unsure:

GaEul and YiJeong's first skinship! :blush:

He looks really worried when he couldn't find GaEul for a moment.

For me, every new episode is better then the previous.

At least, that's what I can see for now. I hope it'll be like this 'til the end.

EDIT://

Can I just say WOAH at the number of viewers in this thread?! :lol:

it really is her dream!!

her imagination is telling her that Ji Hoo is the Soulmate

and Joon Pyo is the Husband,

maybe she's thinking that there might something going to happen between the two of them

and on that time, she was totally in love with Ji Hoo...

maybe that is why she's imagining things like that...

lol

just my opinion...

Jandi keeps thinking about Ji Hoo. Whenever she faces something, the first person she thinks about is him. Poor Jun Pyo. He is so great tonight. Adorable, caring, and handsome as usual. How could she ignores his feelings by kissing Ji Hoo?

this is why i feel like i don't want to see

the upcoming episodes where JP gonna be really hurt

because of JD and JH....

I feel so sad for JP :tears:

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자