[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest diopatra

i've seen the taiwanese version and the japanese version of this. and sometimes i cant help but compare the three versions. when i saw the first episode, i admit i was disappointed. or maybe im expecting too much since this is a remake of one of my favorite drama of all time. as the i watch the succeeding episodes i am already hooked.

there are just parts that needs improvement, but so far the series getting better.

i just wish hyun joong acting skills get better. seriously im not feeling his character at all. previous versions, his character is my favorite, silent, mysterious and charming. here, he's cold blooded and not charming. i dont have butterflies on my stomach when ji hoo with jandi. his expressions are blank.

though joon pyo character is less violent on this version. i love him being funny. all his giggling while jandi is furious.

my most fave of course is yi jung. oh my gawd, he's so HOT. other says kim bum doesnt suit the playboy character because he's too innocent looking but i beg to disagree. he can have any women just smiling at them. and yes im one of those women. and episode 4 is a treat for kim bum fans. he has a lot of exposures and i almost died when he's playing the saxophone.

woobin character, i just hope it wont end up like his taiwanese counter part. always on the background almost not noticeable. the japanese countertpart however has a strong personality that when camera is on him its impossible not to be noticed.

Guest adorkableheo

yay the ratings are higher!

hopefully.

what? nooo. i don't think so. he gets

engaged with other woman? well

yeah, but it's korean drama. they have

to dragged on how he has to marry this woman

but truly loved jandi.

i read only half of manga and gave up.

lol.

i'm loving this version. :blush:

i think there's definitely a bonding between members of the f4. Examples drawn from the recent episodes include

-yijeong and woobin waited patiently for more than 2 hours while goo junpyo is only half way done straightening his hair

-they arrive dressed in the uniform without knowing why junpyo suggested it

-epi3, junpyo woke the f2 up really early and have them come to school to watch him torture jandi with the CG ducks.

-incident where the jihoo, yijeong and woobin helped cover up jandi in front of junpyo's mother.

-yijeong and woobin helped jandi clear up the scandal becoz they were worried about junpyo.

i like how their relationship is revealed through these incidents. no doubt junpyo is mostly the one with the 'great' ideas, but his friends just tag along with him for amusement (lollipop scene).

i wish they'd dress up jandi prettier esp after the makeovers.

omg i don't see any of the buttons. i clicked download options but all i can do is download the ipod video!!! :( and right under the video box i don't see install webplayer beta like pho50 told me to do too! all i see is :

add to favorites

add to group

report a problem

send

i'm gonna die!

99600871cv5.th.png

^do you see the part i circled in red?

Guest xiaomaii

Count me in too....they are so cute together. Anyways- it seems that he didn't like her very much from their first conversation.

I don't know what happened with them in the manga.

GO Yi Jung and Ga Eul :wub:

As for the manga itself: Yuuki/Ga Eul came liking Sojiro/Yi Jung, but as him being the most player among the F4, he didn't feel interested. He kept on saying that he's a good person but not a good guy..then this is too much spoiler now..let's just see what happen next..

:) its been a long time since ive read the manga and decided to dig in my HYD files again to see if the korean version is really fast paced just like what everyone's saying. cuz IMO, it's just moving fairly following the manga. and so i was right. :lol: ep 3 and 4 just covered the 4th volume of the manga. so basically, its actually the manga who's moving fast.

the song that is currently stucked in my mind: Algoinnayo. It's soooo good. I think i fell in love with the song when Jandi and Ji Hoo dance with that song..... ^_^ and then it was played again when jun pyo and jandi were trapped inside the shop. OMG! it's so good! ^_^

I agree with you the storyline isn't that fast pace enough that it tends to blend well with the manga plot. In volume 4 is when it all happens.

As with the CG..I don't think that would be a fake snow, since the filming started November, winter time. Here in the East (US) we had drenchful of snow storm starting november thru february. As you'll be observing, with the whole four episodes how dry their lips are and how frozen their hands is especially in Jandi and Ji Hoo moments outside school.

I can't blame you guys comparing the Taiwanese/Japanese into the Korean Version. I'm a Manga fanatic, and my rule is that i read the book itself first before watching the video/series. (that somewhat makes me disappointed at times esp. for Harry Potter Movie Sequels) But I also learned that the Manga turning into a film series adaptation is more than extraordinary. The Manga serve as a script/plot as they call, and making it into an adaptation would be a 360 degrees. Not everything can be put together in one making. Like in the Manga, Rui knows how to cut his hair. There'll be no guarantee that you can find such actor to fit in to the character's role. In Hollywood, once they buy the copyright and production making for the book (like Nicholas Spark's) there's a contract that specifically state the right of the one who bought the permission for the making and the limit/ freedom for the filmer/production. They bought the rights but they're making their own version. And no matter which race they've received it, the reason for them buying it is to make their own name of the version and adapting the culture they have.

There's a lot of american films adopted from other countries like the Lake House--adopted from Il Mare (Korean Movie). That's just one and I'm just trying making a point.

Lots of people are saying thet Jan di's acting is too much, then might as well read the Manga, and you'll see the character itself. She's a great actress in Korean Community, might as well you know it's hard to have even have a cameo appearance in any Hollywood films and she did in August Rush. Guys, try to see if what you're saying is reasonable enough. This is a Korean Version, and you know what to expect. The color, the great acting, and the actors selected from tons of talents. :sweatingbullets:

i wish they'd dress up jandi prettier esp after the makeovers.

Definitely! I thought it might just be me but I think she usually looks better pre-makeover!

Guest ykidkwis

do you see the part i circled in red?

i just figured it out after i updated to the new beta of Veoh and it won't work with Mac :tears: thanks everyone who helped!

Guest toocutedoggy

thank you lord for tudou with Chinese sub <3 ....boy, Chinese sub are FAST 0.0 ...... haha... 6 years of Chinese school ....never fails ...... ( yes, i can read every single word from the Chinese sub)

...... anyways...... gah~ ...ep. 4 .... <3 <3

..... my fav: .......JP stragething his hair for more than 2 hours.....ROFL .... & wearing Uniforms and LOLLIPOP .....gah~ cutest thing ever!

2nd: JD + JP scene in the cable car <3 <3 ......gah.....

---- oh ..... i hate JD's friend.....can't recall her name at the moment >< ( the one from school) ..... what a BIT*CH ..... =.=..... using her ....so LOW man! ..... ( she deserves it)

----- those students...bullying JD almost made me cry T____T

- i am glad the other F2 willing to help JD out ....<3 ....very CARING! .....

omg....the preview .....JP finally declare JD are her official GF <3 .......and then ....JH is back ...... lol.....good timing? ( i guess good timing for JD not JP...xD)

gah, now i want MORE!!! .......T___T ...... what was i thinking...watching drama when i have an essay to wrire and 3 exams to study? *sighs*

GTG ...........study .....T____T

Guest babymarzy07

xiaomaii, i know what u mean by that. after watching the diff versions, movei, and seeing parts of the manga i get an idea.

but i still have hope for the korean versions soujiro/yuki (yi jung/ga eul) i really like them here.

the cast is good too. so i hope they get to be together or something..

hmm.. let me add in i think the korean version is going by the manga. albeit it might seem faster

than the previous ones, they are sticking to it and giving it a different flavor which im enjoying.

maybe makino not as much, the character is different but getting better. a cute version id say.

and although, not everyone thinks so i think KHJ is doing better now than when it started. i can feel more persona.

it can be improved more, and yes the make up is quite making KHJ look pale? dull?

they were amusing on SSP last night, kim bum and hyun joong seem like good pals.

and hye sun seemed like one of them, not as awkward with the age thing which i like.

khj was funny he didnt know kim ji hoon's name at first. lol.

Guest MiyuKanata09

for those who don't want to download to veoh since you have to download veoh player first...

arashi did post a MF link in her blog.. she did all the effort to make us happy..just wait for the episode 4 but episode 3 MF link is already in her blog.. here

Guest misshakissh

Definitely! I thought it might just be me but I think she usually looks better pre-makeover!

i guess but i think they are trying to do it on purpose because in reality goo hye sun is considered one of THE BEAUTIES among the korean female actresses,, if they were to deck her out the slightest... the biggest change can happen.that would totally contradict JANDI's character and ruin the purpose of jandi's image in the manga...

53534391edcd46a723819f3b9400bce41231907091_full.jpg

that's goo hye sun in real life... u think that would be like jandi's character??? uh no... lol they have to dress her funky and sort of not fully there because thats what jandi's character is sort of awkward in rich clothing and in rich atmosphere , she represents the everyday common girl. maybe they'd go full out during iono maybe junpyo's and jandi's wedding??? lol i wish.. puhahaha.. if that was to happen i mean.

229 PPL IN HERE.. .WTH?!!!!! DANG... lol

Guest annievy;

im watching it right now .. but does anyone else thing she looks really old ? xD i dont know it just seems off for her to act that way when

she looks older..

its pretty interesting so far though .

but i love their uniforms <3 makes me want to go to a private school .

their coat things make them look like harry potter people though XD

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

i noticed that in ep. 4 jandi's hair magically grows and becomes short again lol.

in the beginning when shes at the airport her hair is about 2 in longer, then when hyunjoong shows up her hair is all short again haha

i can't wait for next weeks episode! i wish it aired more often lol.

im a JP&JD shipper already lol. theres just something about a bad guy turned good hahaha god her friend was so evil. im glad that she was found out early on. i would've hated for things to drag out

Guest D R E A M

just finished ep 4:]

by far the best episdoe

Favorite Scenes:

- JP straightening his hair and going down the hallway with a lollipop

- when they were stuck in that little air lifting car. it was so cute

- yijeong and woobin search for the mystery man

Shocking Scenes:

- SS501 performance. I was like is it really them?

- The evil girl slapping the other girl face. I knew that she was evil but wow...

- this doesn't go with shocking but damn, The F4 has NICE cars

EC comment:

- for the first time i really liked yijeong and woobin. In the other eps, they just seemed like they were only having fun, but this time, they were really helping JD and JP out.

- i'm looking foward to yijeong's developement with JD's friend.

Can't wait until next monday

Guest misshakissh

36cd1183fa14bcf9e05b44b73dbf8bd31231907713_full.jpg

ee jung say.s

" junpyo you've tried to straighten your hair for the last 2 hours.."

" you' ll see.."

and its still curly.. LOL.

i guess but i think they are trying to do it on purpose because in reality goo hye sun is considered one of THE BEAUTIES among the korean female actresses,, if they were to deck her out the slightest... the biggest change can happen.that would totally contradict JANDI's character and ruin the purpose of jandi's image in the manga...

that's goo hye sun in real life... u think that would be like jandi's character??? uh no... lol they have to dress her funky and sort of not fully there because thats what jandi's character is sort of awkward in rich clothing and in rich atmosphere , she represents the everyday common girl. maybe they'd go full out during iono maybe junpyo's and jandi's wedding??? lol i wish.. puhahaha.. if that was to happen i mean.

229 PPL IN HERE.. .WTH?!!!!! DANG... lol

Wow, I would not have recognized her! Yeah, looking awkward after the makeover definitely makes sense for her character. But when Gu Jun Pyo dropped the plate when she walked in the party and all the over F4 guys had their mouths open... I guess I just didn't think she looked drop-the-plate gorgeous haha.

Guest misspinky

^i'm more excited for woobin and jandi as in the other version they seem to be rather close almost like siblings as akira/meizuo was suppose to be the more mature one out of the two players.

i can't wait for next monday but that means more school work ahhh.

Guest miniejungle

OMG OMG arashi has started uploading ep4 onto Veoh... woohoo... God has answered my prayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love arashi!!!!

hope by the time i go home from work everything will be up and running. can;t wait for it!!!