[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Hahahahahahaha - I only watched the trailer  =)) =)) Why is American Jun-pyo's hair like that? Is that a wig? Is there an episode 2? 
Edit: Someone posted one of the writers' response to hate mails the show's been getting - 
"Hi,
I'm one of the writers on the show and I have to say your comments and everyone else's are very hurtful.  Thank you for saying you are sorry. One of the things we want to point out is that this project was largely made with our own funds because when we went to big networks we were told that there is no market for Anime, KDrama and that it would not fit into American culture.  With so many negative comments online about the small project we have put out, it is making sure that no other company in America will touch it so we are going to be stuck with things like Gossip Girl.  This is a low budget project but even with that, the creators of this series have put in over $250,000 of their own money to try and get the project done. Please take that into consideration when you are watching the next episodes. We are doing this out of love for a series as well as wanting to start a new era of television. Instead of the fans helping us, all they are doing is making us want to give up and prove Big Networks right that this is not worth their time." -- US BOF writer

(cr. Sonmi-451 via BOF Ep. 1 Youtube ) 

@czakhareinaThanks for that info, I've never knew about the China version.. :-*
@GaudiI know right.. what's with the wig.. It's US version for god sake.. People will always imagined Hollywood.. The home of film maker..It's already costing a lot of money but basically their production can only be rated as college video project..They should know how many fandom have grown since the first version produced in Taiwan a decade ago..Clearly, a proper planning need to be done before they act on it.. Like for example gain a better leverage such as finding a production house, convincing a director or producer, better castings and etc.. This may take time but it surely will turned out great with a professional guidance..Heck, they were so many independent Hollywood films nowadays and some of them have unexpectedly topped the box-office. US remake based on Asian pieces is not new, Boys Before Friends is adapted from great pieces but has been poorly executed. 

as for me I am not gonna watch it again... 5 minutes wasted is enough... really don't know why they tried making it...
and as for assessment on the whole kdrama has no market.. Well I think there are certain kdramas that could sell in US, like NINE... as for BOF, it is originally a japanese manga not kdrama or anime...and with this type of story... it is hard to make it americanized.... I mean look at sassy girl the korean version was HILARIOUS but the AMERICAN version fell short...I think they need better writers to make it more adapted to another culture... but then I think having all these versions are enough already....
Anyway I am sorry for bring one of those people who posted something bad in their channel.. but really I just dont know why it was made  so BAD... SSSsssooooo BAD! anyway Hope they can make it better... as for me... nope.. not my cup of tea!!!

I for one have seen every version of this drama and it still remains one of my favorites. I feel bad that they are getting such negative feed back on this project. But I also feel that there was no need for an American version of this particular drama.  Now with that being said if they still wanted to make this web version then they should have a.did a survey to see how well received it would have been to online views since the major networks or studio's said no. b. if they had enough of an interest then they should have set down and did a budget and multiplied that by 100 times to ensure they had enough money before putting in their own. (I am not sure how much it takes to make a web drama, but it is better to have more then less.) c. ask for donations before they started filming the first episode. d. Make sure the script is tight, the actors fit the characters, and the wardrobe and locations are perfect before filming.

The first episode could have been worlds better there is no doubt about that. I applaud their effort, but to ask for donations after the first episode I am not sure if anyone would even bother to donate money to the project now with the criticism it is getting. I do wonder if there was a way to do this project and still have a good script, cast and wardrobe and not have to spend or continue to spend so much money since it is a web drama and being produced in house.

After the first episode I do not see myself watching again. I do not want to taint my thoughts on the franchise. But I do hope that they find a way to complete this project and fix the issues.

Just my two cents.

BOF is forever stay in my heart ☺

Goohyesun and Leeminho in drama BOF they are so talented, cute and Perfect!!! I'm waiting for they both playing together in new drama soon♥☺♥ I really hope and wish for that!!! Owwhhhhh i miss BOF always!!!! Miss GHS... and miss F4!!! Love them soooo muccchhhh!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest califgirl

The American actors are terrible. They don't have the look, and their don't sound natural at all. They should have hired the Big Time Rush to play the parts. They would make the better American F4 team.

Guest indigogypsy

I just watched the trailer for the american version and that was....uhh...interesting to say the least. hahah definitely not even comparable to original versions at all. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest califgirl

It's kind of cool that Hollywood Reporter recommended this show last year as top 10 international TV shows.http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/gallery/10-international-tv-shows-binge-667280#2-boys-flowers

• 3 weeks later...
Guest zoek

=)) =)) I just couldn't finish the trailer!! who would do such a horrible job at a "remake"!!! I rather just stick with the korean one! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest califgirl

My favorite song of this drama, not the famous Almost Paradise but the sad song Starlight Tears.