[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest leeminho.mine

Boys Over Flowers will start on May 11, 2009 in ABS-CBN (Philippine TV)

a poster from the advance screening of Boys Over Flowers in ABS-CBN

2n68ymt.jpg

Hundreds of fans came to ABS-CBN’s Dolphy Theatre last Friday, March 8, to attend the advance screening of the Tagalized version of the most awaited Koreanovela of the year, Boys Over Flowers. Prior to the film-showing, they proved how much they knew about the members of its cast by actively participating in a game hosted by everyone’s best friend, Laila Chikadora of WRR 101.9. Then they couldn’t help screaming in excitement as the film began and Shinwa’s heartthrobs, also known as the F4, came onscreen. But the long wait is over for the rest of the Filipino viewers as Boys Over Flowers premieres on national television this Monday on Primetime Bida.

Get ready to fall in love with Gu Jun Pyo (Lee Min-Ho), Yoon Ji Hoo (Kim Hyun-Joong), So Yi Jeong (Kim Bum), and Song Woo Bin (Kim Joon) whose lives change as they cross paths with Geum Jan Di (Koo Hye-Sun), a girl from a middle class family who unexpectedly gets a scholarship in their exclusive school for the elite. While most of the students there are in awe of the F4’s power and wealth, Jan Di is the only one brave enough to stand against them and defy their stupid rules. At first, her tough personality irritates the hell out of F4’s leader Jun Pyo but the latter gradually gets smitten by Jan Di’s honesty and kind heart.

But what happens once he discovers that the first girl he ever sets his eyes on already loves someone else and that guy happens to be his best friend Hyun Joong? How will he win Jan Di’s elusive heart? Is he going to lose both of them in the process?

Don’t miss Boys Over Flowers’ romantic tale of true love and lasting friendship beginning this Monday, May 11, right after Tayong Dalawa.

Source: ABS-CBN

NEWS # 2

AFTER six years, the F4 fever is back on small screen all set to knock girls off their heels again as ABS-CBN’s brings the grandest Korean production ever made – “Boys Over Flowers.”

Starting Monday, the Korean remake of the highly-watched Taiwan romantic drama series “Meteor Garden” will introduce four fresh F4 faces on primetime TV, namely: Lee Min-Ho, Kim Hyun-Joong, Kim Bum, and Kim Joon.

"The Manny Pacquiao Blog". Click here for stories and updates on the Filipino boxing champ.

The four Asian superstars adapted the phenomenal characters of Asia’s sensational boyband F4, but in a distinctive drama approach and all new setting shot in magnificent places like New Caledonia and Macau.

Before this Korean canned series reaches the Philippines, hundreds of young Filipinos are watching and following the stardom of these four guys through the Internet.

This clamor was witnessed by Sun.Star last May 8 as countless fans trooped to ABS-CBN’s Dolphy Theater to watch the special screening of the much-awaited series.

It is like the four Asian stars were there, as the fans screamed at the top of their voices when the stars appeared on the widescreen. They were all familiar with the characters and the background of the four stars.

The first one week episodes of the series were condensed into a one-hour show. Everyone was all hooked as the people cried for more when the screening ended.

Same as the Taiwan version and the best selling Japanese manga “Hana Yori Dango” (meaning boys are better than girls), “Boys Over Flowers” follows the story of an average girl named Jan Di (Koo Hye-Sun or popularly known as San Shai in the Taiwan version), whose life suddenly turns into both an adventure and nightmare as she received a scholarship at the highly-exclusive Shin Hwa School where she crosses path with the richest and famous F4 (Flower 4).

Jan Di gets the ire of F4’s leader Jun Pyo (Lee Min-Ho or Dao Ming Su) as she criticized how the Shin Hwa heir uses his influence to bully students around in school.

When Jan Di received the dreaded “red card,” everyone keeps their distance from her to avoid getting into trouble except for one person – Ji Hoo (Kim Hyun-Joong counterpart of Hua Ze Lei), the most silent and mysterious member of F4.

Jan Di becomes closer to Ji Hoo and develops feelings for him, but little they know that Jun Pyo gets more smitten to Jan Di despite her tough personality.

So Yi Jeong (Kim Bum) meanwhile is F4’s perennial playboy and talented potter as well. His good appearance, brilliant smile, and honey sweet words make countless women swoon. He will be the love interest of Jan Di’s good friend Chu Ga Eul.

Song Woo Bin (Kim Joon) will not be left behind in terms of affluence and charisma, as he is the young master of a real estate construction company that owns half of Jeju. As a boss of an underground gang, Woo Bin is the most skilled and capable F4.

Even Jun Pyo acknowledges So Yi Jeong’s strength. He keeps the peace among the F4 members and protects his friends every time there is trouble.

Follow the exciting love triangle of Jan Di, Jun Pyo and Ji Hoo, and the much-awaited wittiness of So Yi Jeong and Song Woo Bin.

Source: Sunstar PH

Guest ladyelhisa

OMG!! I can't wait for this TONIGHT!!! Finally....my weekday nights will not be boring anymore. :P HWAITING FOR JUNDI couple!

DANG! DANG! DANG!! :lol:

Speculations about the MUSIC DRAMA HA?! :ph34r:

YEAH....when will they air it. I've been waiting for it. :lol: Junpyo and Jihoo's story.

awww!! you guys in Singapore and Philippine are so lucky will watch BOF in local TV channels!

i wish one of TV channel in our country Indonesia also will air BOF ..>,<

can't wait for JunPyo's part tomorrow!! ^^

Guest zenaira04

for sure bof @ ABS will gonna be BIG HIT ALSO... like the taiwan ver.

alot of pinoy gonna be crazy again

even though i already watch it from d start "jan 5" untill its ends :lol:

i wanna watch it AGAIN IN TAGALIZED VER...

leeminho.mine daya u've got d :w00t: poster

Guest limecrafted

I just finished the series yesterday!!!! I love it!!! This will be added to my favorite k-dramas. hehehe!

And so ABS will air it today yey!!! I'm missing them already.. haha! I wonder if they will change the names... I hope not just like the names in MG before where they retained the original names....

Love Gu Jun Pyo!!!! He's really cute!!! I love JoonDi!!! <3

Also love Ga Eul and Yi Jung's story... so sweet...

I really like this version of korea of Hana Yori Dango.. The story did not drag, unlike in MG. I mean in MG 2.. also the story is lighter, but touching. I love all their sweet moments.

One of my favorite parts was the last episode. The Jan Di and Jun Pyo's scene on the pool. I was teary-eyed supeerr!!!

I want more of them!!! Hahaha!!! I hope Ji hoo can find a girl that will also love him back...

another,

can anyone give me the link where i can download the song in the after 5 years MV 2nd episode?? I can't wait for jun pyo and ji hoo's MV!! I hope they would put less flashbacks... :mellow:

Guest ej747

Hi all BOF great fans,

My first post here in BOF's forum. Thanks to all BOF fans who have shared all those good stuffs on BOF ( sorry the list will be too long if I list it out here but love all your contributions especially the videos and english subs etc...).

I've watched all the HYD versions (Taiwan, Japan & Korea). Love the Taiwan & of course the Korean's version. I've managed to spread the BOF fever to my collegues ( self declared good promoter). They all love it, and even watched it again...and again... and again.... I'm in my 3 rd time watching it. The first time watching it, I've managed to finish all BOF 25 episodes in marathon in 35 hours ( I didn't skip or fast forward any scenes )

As one of BOF big fan ( self declared again ….) I would like to share this song (mp3 version) I don’t know anything but love – the Geum Jan Di version – the one she sang on Gu Jun Pyo’s birthday.

The scene is so poignant & touching and I love it so much. Then I decided to make the mp3 version of it to make it easier for me to listen to it. I’m not sure whether this have been made / posted before by anyone, if it does, I’m sorry for the duplication.

Click here to download it : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DI554MLQ

Hope you will all enjoy it as much as I do.

p/s I’ve made 2 mp3 versions of the same song sang by Go Hye Su in Lee Hana and the one she sang in her home-video in Youtube. Let me know if you want it.

p/s Please let me know if these mp3 stuff I’ve made is against the copyright/law. Hope it's ok as I did it for personal use only.

Hi all BOF great fans,

My first post here in BOF's forum. Thanks to all BOF fans who have shared all those good stuffs on BOF ( sorry the list will be too long if I list it out here but love all your contributions especially the videos and english subs etc...).

I've watched all the HYD versions (Taiwan, Japan & Korea). Love the Taiwan & of course the Korean's version. I've managed to spread the BOF fever to my collegues ( self declared good promoter). They all love it, and even watched it again...and again... and again.... I'm in my 3 rd time watching it. The first time watching it, I've managed to finish all BOF 25 episodes in marathon in 35 hours ( I didn't skip or fast forward any scenes )

As one of BOF big fan ( self declared again ….) I would like to share this song (mp3 version) I don’t know anything but love – the Geum Jan Di version – the one she sang on Gu Jun Pyo’s birthday.

The scene is so poignant & touching and I love it so much. Then I decided to make the mp3 version of it to make it easier for me to listen to it. I’m not sure whether this have been made / posted before by anyone, if it does, I’m sorry for the duplication.

p/s I’ve made 2 mp3 versions of the same song sang by Go Hye Su in Lee Hana and the one she sang in her home-video in Youtube. Let me know if you want it.

p/s Please let me know if these mp3 stuff I’ve made is against the copyright/law. Hope it's ok as I did it for personal use only.

thanks for the mp3 link,i love it..i want too the mp4 of hye sun in lee hana and the one other.thanks for it.

Guest ethopia

wow they gonna show it in the philippines.. and i heard from my friends back home that they will not change their names..

it will stay the same as GoJunPyo, GEumJanDI etc... im glad to hear that they retain the orig characters name :)

another news

'Boys Over Flowers' revives F4 fever

After the success of Taiwan's "Meteor Garden," the group of men popularly known as "F4" is back via ABS-CBN's "Boys Over Flowers."

Beginning Monday, May 11, Filipinos will meet the new heartthrobs that will surely make primetime viewing sizzle.

Televiewers will fall in love all over again as the Kapamilya network premieres “Boys Over Flowers,” the highest rating show and one of the grandest Korean TV productions ever made, with location shoots in New Caledonia and Macau.

Based on the best-selling Japanese manga "Hana Yori Dango" written by Yoko Kamio, the Korean remake of "F4" launched the careers of today’s hottest Asian superstars and sought-after endorsers Lee Min-Ho, Kim Hyun-Joong, Kim Bum, Kim Joon and Koo Hye-Sun.

It will be recalled that this romantic story was first adapted in Taiwan as the phenomenal hit drama “Meteor Garden,” which aired on ABS-CBN in 2003. It starred Asia’s sensational boyband F4.

"Meteor Garden" remains to be one of the most successful Asianovelas aired on Philippine television, with an average rating of 42.9 percent in mega Manila and a nationwide average rating of 62 percent.

South Korea's "Boys Over Flowers," meanwhile, garnered an average rating of 30 percent. The show had a great impact on Korean pop culture as sales of men's cosmetics and fashion items skyrocketed and the female lead's hairstyle ruled the fashion world.

Follow the story of Jan Di (Hye-Sun), an average girl whose simple, routinary life suddenly turns into both an adventure and a nightmare after she receives a scholarship at the prestigious Shin Hwa School and crosses paths with the F4 (Flower 4)— the richest and most popular boys in school.

Life is made miserable for Jan Di as she got the ire of F4’s leader Jun Pyo (Min-Ho). He bullies her around school after she defies him in public. Everyone keeps their distance from Jan Di to avoid getting into trouble except for one person—Ji Hoo (Hyun-Joong), the silent and mysterious member of F4 and her knight in shining armor.

Ji Hoo becomes closer to Jan Di and develops feelings for her. But little did he know that Jun Pyo also gets more and more smitten by her charming yet tough personality the more he picks on her.

What will Jan Di do as two of Shinwa’s hottest and most powerful hunks fall in love with her? Who will she choose? And how will this love triangle affect the friendship of Ji Hoo and Jun Pyo?

Catch the highly anticipated premiere of “Boys Over Flowers” on Monday, May 11, after “Tayong Dalawa” on ABS-CBN.

>>>still remember the mania that hit Philiphines during MG ...maybe there'll be an impact for the 2nd time :)

This is the cover which Min Ho and Hyun Joong appeared in this week issue of a Singapore magazine.

This pic was obtained from U-weekly website... but no other pic of the article inside the magazine was online and my scanner is giving me problem.. i could not scan it, so could only provide the cover pic.

Credit: http://blog.omy.sg/uweekly

cover-179omy.jpg

i-weekly(the TV station magazine) only had a 3/4page article on the introduction of this drama(and their magazine is only 3/4size of an A4 paper).. and a page advertisement on the 'extra' booklet that came with the magazine...that's all

whereas U-weekly(the size of this magazine is bigger than A4 but smaller than A3), which is their rival magazine, did more coverage and promotions for this drama, they have

1 page introduction on Lee Min Ho

1 page introduction on Kim Hyun Joong

1/2 page introduction on Kim Joon, Kim Beom and Gu Hye Seon

1/2 page on the 10scenes that they find it romantic

1 page advertisement on the drama

OMG!! I can't wait for this TONIGHT!!! Finally....my weekday nights will not be boring anymore. :P HWAITING FOR JUNDI couple!

DANG! DANG! DANG!! :lol:

Speculations about the MUSIC DRAMA HA?! :ph34r:

YEAH....when will they air it. I've been waiting for it. :lol: Junpyo and Jihoo's story.

yeah me too

almost 5 hours left

its after tayong dalawa(us two) right?

around 10-10:30 i suppose?

not sure.. someone clear my confusion lol

anyway, pinoy bof fans!

let's spazz here!

its still under construction, but you can register: http://boysoverflowersph.isgreat.org

edit. i topped a page!

just for nostalgia's sake

one of our very first peek at goo junpyo

24626mt.jpg

Guest jennyalfeche

yeah me too

almost 5 hours left

its after tayong dalawa(us two) right?

around 10-10:30 i suppose?

not sure.. someone clear my confusion lol

anyway, pinoy bof fans!

let's spazz here!

its still under construction, but you can register: http://boysoverflowersph.isgreat.org

edit. i topped a page!

LovinBlackCoffee, can't seem to register on the website thru the link you provided! <_<

hayyyssss!! so excited na ako but I have classes so won't be able to watch it tonight!dang! :(

huhuhuhu!!! :crazy:

I wish someone can upload *crossing fingers* after the show because I've been up all night last weekend because of excitement..

Guest macky07

OMg this is it,... the much awaited drama of 2009 will now grace the philippine soil...waheheh im ube uber uber excited about it...only minutes await for their debut..

GOod thing they didn't change their names and even the music video...wahhehehehe

hwaiting hwating:D:D:D:D

didn't know i top the page...wwaheheh

i own page 1227:D:D:D

hwaiting

Guest forumer147

Wow....... A lot of people here in our place were so noisy watching the Boys of Boys over Flower !!!!It seems that ABS- CBN makes the dubbing much better....But I am still rooting for my Soeulmates

Too many people like KIm BUm now !!!!

Guest roch_mar

Just finished watching the Philippine premiere of BOF.. I got curious on how ABS-CBN will voice dub the drama in filipino... IMO, the dubbing can be tolerated... :)

Guest macky07

>>>

to forumer..

same here im waiting for our soeul moments waheheh

good thing their dubbing was great...

im not really disappointed..they've met our expectations...wahehehhe

wow its not enough for me...

so happy that the commercials were not that long but eventually these will be or problems...waheheh..well lets just wait..

im still ecstatic right now..reeling for these moment...BOF fever:D:D:d

Guest forumer147

I would like to link up some news about F4 here in Philippines

Currently this is the first media news about them....And Boys over flower is shown here in Philippines

Korean F4, bagong kinababaliwan

By: Mercy Lejarde

Nagulat naman kami sa tiliaan ng mga bagets and not so bagets du’n sa special screening ng ABS-CBN’s Boys Over Flowers lalo na kapag lumalabas sa screen ang Korean F4 na sina Lee Min-Ho, Kim Hyung-Joong, Kim Bum, Kim Joon and Koo Hye-Sun as Jan Di ang babaeng makakabangga ng lider ng F4.

Yezzz, nagulat kami dahil mamayang gabi pa lang eere sa primetime bida ng Dos ang Boys Over Flowers pero sandamakmak na agad ang fans nila at tipong tinalbugan pa ang Tawian’s F4 ng Meteor Garden.

’Yon pala ay dahil nasubaybayan na nila ang nasabing F4 Koreanovela sa Internet, huh!

Kami man ay kinilig sa istorya ng Boys Over Flowers, in fairness. Yeezz, Ian F., parang ang sarap muling ma-in love!

Boys Over Flowers makes the world go round after Tayong Dalawa.

credit: http://www.journal.com.ph/index.php?issue=...3&aid=92874

Guest mab2007

GUYSS..I'M LOOKING FOR THE INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC OF THE SCENE WHERE JUNPYO ASKED JANDI TO MARRY HIM AT FIRST. IT WAS BEFORE JUNPYO DECIDED TO CONTINUE HIS STUDYING IN THE STATES. IT WAS ALSO THE BACKGROUND MUSIC OF YIJEONG TALKING TO GAEUL FOR THE LAST TIME BEFORE HE WENT TO SWEDEN. ANOTHER INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC I FOUND WAS IN THE SCENE WHERE JIHOO WENT TO JANDI IN THE FISHING VILLAGE AND TALKING TO HER NOT KNOWING THAT JUNPYO WATCHED THEM..

WHAT ARE THOSES SONGS???

PLEASE!PLEASE!PLEASE!PM ME... I REALLY REALLY REALLY NEED IT!SO SO MUCH! :)

Guest ahn_annann

Wow .. so happy for BOF will broadcast on Oversea TV.

so hope will broadcast on Thailand soon..

Hi all BOF great fans,

welcome ~~

thank you for mp3 file, I also love this scene ..

ya, please share us mp3 of song on Leehana program ..

Guest pinkprincess01

just finish BOYS OVER FLOWER here in d PHILIPPINES

;))

im a lil. bit late but im here posting!~

haha! its a lil. bit funny cuz my friends become crazy abt this drama..!

;))

FIGHTING BOF!