[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest jvchou1316

T_T

wow......almost done with the ep, but yea... loving the tears;

edit; personally, best ep ever; or i just like sad stuff....

i just wanted to put my two cents in...

even though overall the episode was so-so

the editing for this episode was a bit to rough for me

BUT episode 23 is the first time i cried...

in the previous episodes i teared up but never cried...

my god the way junpyo looks like an empty shell. he's walking, talking eating etc. but looks as if he's missing his soul...

minho totally stole the episode today...

Guest loveex3

I was literally laughing out loud at the scene when Jihoo started randomly playing the piano theme of "내 머리가 나빠서" (obviously it was fake playing, but back to the point). It was so pointless and boring and so random, I couldn't help laughing. I mean in episode 22 there was the car washing scene, hair cutting scene, and book reading scene of Jihoo and Jandi. I wasn't bothered by it much. It wasn't particularly pointless, but it was a little random and boring. But ep. 23 piano scene was really pointless, boring, and random. Just because Jihoo/Kim Hyunjoong scenes are popular among fans, I don't think it's necessary to put in random scenes like that. It's a waste of screen time and it's almost the end of the drama. Scriptwriters and PD님 should really think of better scenes.

One thing I've always thought and said before (but I'm saying again) is that Lee Minho is an amazing actor. His facial expressions, his tone of voice, his eyes, etc are all close to perfection. I can just feel Goo Joonpyo's pain or his happiness just by looking at his eyes/face and hearing his voice.

One more thing. I totally thought Yijung and Gaeul were going to kiss, and I was waiting for it until her phone rang. And I thought, "그럼 그렇지...." (of course...) PD and scriptwriters will die if they let the fans have the pleasure of one Yijung and Gaeul kiss scene. -_-

Two more episodes left, everyone! I'm excited, but nervous at the same time...

Guest bieroe

She can't bear hurting those people just because she loves Jun Pyo. Jan Di is a very loyal friend.

im sorry to cut your post,

but this is a very good point. actually this is THE point where there's originally a big different between domyoji and makino. in the manga, domyoji loves makino so much to the extend that he can abandon everything he has, his family, his name, his richdom. he decided to leave the domyoji household when he knows it's impossible to deal with his mother. on the other hand, makino couldnt do that. she always thinks about the people around her. but later on, makino comes to the same spot as domyoji, she starts to think about her own happiness and try to neglect the difficulties it might brings. at this point eventually their relationship becomes equall, not the 1/10 and 9/10 again. this is the best part in the manga which describes how far they have gone in their relationship. domyoji asked makino if she was tired of dating him bcos they always have to sneak around and everything. makino answered, not anymore, bcos she's grown to need him, she loves him so much that it hurts. it's beautifully written in the manga how their relationship developes. it's just too bad that BOF is focusing on something else. im big hanadan fans and i love BOF so much that it hurts.... :P i mean, if only we can see evolution of the relationship more, i could've been happier.

Guest j-fer

That message with the sunrise and billboards... I don't get it. Did (girl's name who slipped my mind; Yi Jung's [former] lover) find that for him? and then GaEul found it as well?

I was literally laughing out loud at the scene when Jihoo started randomly playing the piano theme of "내 머리가 나빠서" (obviously it was fake playing, but back to the point). It was so pointless and boring and so random, I couldn't help laughing. I mean in episode 22 there was the car washing scene, hair cutting scene, and book reading scene of Jihoo and Jandi. I wasn't bothered by it much. It wasn't particularly pointless, but it was a little random and boring. But ep. 23 piano scene was really pointless, boring, and random. Just because Jihoo/Kim Hyunjoong scenes are popular among fans, I don't think it's necessary to put in random scenes like that. It's a waste of screen time and it's almost the end of the drama. Scriptwriters and PD님 should really think of better scenes.

One thing I've always thought and said before (but I'm saying again) is that Lee Minho is an amazing actor. His facial expressions, his tone of voice, his eyes, etc are all close to perfection. I can just feel Goo Joonpyo's pain or his happiness just by looking at his eyes/face and hearing his voice.

One more thing. I totally thought Yijung and Gaeul were going to kiss, and I was waiting for it until her phone rang. And I thought, "그럼 그렇지...." (of course...) PD and scriptwriters will die if they let the fans have the pleasure of one Yijung and Gaeul kiss scene. -_-

Two more episodes left, everyone! I'm excited, but nervous at the same time...

totally agree with you on LMH. So young and already so good. Just amazing, leaves me speechless.

As long as I can see him in action, I am happy. Would I care about whether he gets his JD or not? I don't know, frankly speaking.

as someone said before, this is going to be a long week

Guest cissi

I actually really like the piano playing scene between JH and JD. She was sulking, he smiled at her, she smiled back weakly. Then when he looked down to play, she sulked again, thinking back to what WB and YJ were saying about how they are hurting JH and GE to get to her. Then, he looked up at her and smiled, and she smiled broadly again. It fed into what her thoughts were voicing out loud later by the waterfront: You didn't know, did you? You have been my sunshine.

JP-JD shippers will hate this and complain that it is another "pointless" JH scene, but oh well, I love it. :)

Guest F4fan

I am usually one who thinks there are too many unnecessary JH-JD scenes not because of JH but because its redundant, just different location but same thing over and over again. Their relationship has been stationary since Episode 8 and throughout the fiancee arc. So was JP-JK's relationship - stationary. Very annoying and very draggy.

Anyways, I think every JH-JD scene in Episode 23 was necessary because they created a crystal clear delineation between lover and friends on JD's part for the folks who still believe in a JH-JD ending. In the piano scene, JH's expression is loving, JD is thinking of saving JH and his Grandfather. In the conversation with Mama Kang, JD firmly puts JH on par with GE -- best friends relationship. She clearly distinguishes that JP is the one she loves the most. No matter if JH expresses his feelings or JP passes away, JD will never end up with JH.

Also, in JD's mind, JH will be forever linked with Grandfather and being her friend when she needed it the most. She will never see him as a potential husband.

--

Quite a few foreshadowing in this episode.

1. JD saying she couldn't save JP. If the dad wakes up, maybe she can still save him from evil mom.

2. JD saying she wanted to erase JP but couldn't (last line in the episode) -- JP will erase her from his memory and move on. He looked like he was determined to do it, too.

3. JP's stabber.

4. Grandma telling JP to grow up, be a man, and take responsibilities.

5. Vague dream when JP was carrying the kid and JD walking next to him -- a family.

Guest eternitygoddess

Yijung and Gaeul are cute but I think they spend to much time on these 2.

Sorry to all their fans but I don't get thrilled with this couple. I normally fast forward when I get to their scenes.

They get way too much screen time and JD's and JP's scenes seems to be always rushed.

If the couple has a lot of followers then maybe they should be teamed up in another drama. Considering that compared to the other 2 versions, the Korean version is the shortest in terms of the number of episodes, Yijung and Gaeul's love affair resulted in less time for the JD and JP.

Are you KIDDING ME?

They had 4 MINUTES in episode 23. 4 MINUTES. 2 SCENES. How does that result in less time for JD and JP?! The YJ and GE scenes are already rushed and all over the place. Even if they had 10 minutes, that still not detracted from JD and JP's scenes.

If anything, the PDs should cut JH's scene. Add up all his ep 22 scenes = talking to JK, walking around with his horse, cutting JD's hair, washing his car...

Last time I checked, the name for the drama was Boys over Flowers. Not JH's Love Story.

Guest xiaomaii

That message with the sunrise and billboards... I don't get it. Did (girl's name who slipped my mind; Yi Jung's [former] lover) find that for him? and then GaEul found it as well?

remember when cha eun (yi jeung's first love) ask a favor from him and gave him a letter. (showed in the flashback on the recent episode) she want to meet him on top of a building originally.

ga eul knows this story for some reason and she went spend countless nights in order to find that certain building where yi jeung and cha eun should have met years ago. the message written split in two was cha eun's confession of her love to yi jeung..hope it makes sense. :sweatingbullets: they based it in the manga

Guest itrayya

first time posting here ^^

but who is umi?

^ the girl that take cares of Dao Ming Si when he forgot his memory.

i think. right guys????

*goes crazy for this drama and for Jun Pyo and JanDi to get together again*

Guest Pongie

Hey I have a question. Does anyone have the rip piano duet in ep 13 when she was making the video for Jun Pyo? If so can you please upload it or PM it to me? Thanks a ton!

Episode 23 was bittersweet

I wanted to stop watching after the date was over

But well, it'll make the ending seem more sweeter though

I wonder how they're gonna patch things up

The ending better be as magical as the beginning

A fantasy ending fit for a fantasy story

And OMFG 1 more week

2 more episodes

Somebody slap me

I don't feel like its going to end soon T-T

Guest j-fer

remember when cha eun (yi jeung's first love) ask a favor from him and gave him a letter. (showed in the flashback on the recent episode) she want to meet him on top of a building originally.

ga eul knows this story for some reason and she went spend countless nights in order to find that certain building where yi jeung and cha eun should have met years ago. the message written split in two was cha eun's confession of her love to yi jeung..hope it makes sense. :sweatingbullets: they based it in the manga

Ohhh okay! Thank you for that!! That's what it was about haha. Omg, GaEul is such a sucker for love :( Yi Jung is just... mean lol. But oh my, that spoiled kiss was agonizing! I thought they were finally going to... but no. GJP's mom has to be evil, all the time.

Guest KristyS

One quick question you guys. When Ga Eul showed Yi Jeong the sign when the sun rose, what did it mean ??? In other words, what did it say ?