[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest cherillyn

no offense to go hye sun - i reckon she did great in pure 19 & strongest chil woo but seeing how makino's character has so much spunk, i was hoping they would pick someone with more attitude like Yoo Ha Na (the main actress in Taiwan-drama My Lucky Star) or Yoon Eun Hye. Just hope this drama is not going to build up the hype and then fail to live up to its expectations like Goong S.

Urgh..........

I know for a fact they gave Lee Minho a perm because he uploaded a selca on his minihoompi... It wasn't too bad, I guess, but his original hairstyle is a lot more attractive... I wish they had done what they did with Jerry in MG, but it seems they're really going for accuracy, at least in visuals, here...

I just hope they don't give Kim Bum Soujirou's hairstyle in the manga... @_______@;;;

ghs44.jpg

Boys Before Flowers will see Goo Hye Sun playing a leading role. She expressed, “It would be a lie if I said I was not feeling the burden.”

The Korean version sees Goo Hye Sun playing Yeon Woo who is an average girl and whose family owns dry-cleaning shop that is located near the luxurious and well-known Shin Hwa College. Yeon Woo meets the four richest spoilt boys when she delivers laundry to the school one day. The boys are known as F4 and causes trouble to those who dares to oppose them. More surprises are in store for F4 when Yeon Woo surprisingly enters the college for studies.

Goo Hye Sun have participated in two period dramas in King and I and Strongest Chil-Woo in the earlier part of 2008. Both saw her acting in roles that were more mature than her actual age. However, for Boys Before Flowers, she will be wearing school uniforms and play a high-school girl.

Goo Hye Sun expressed, “It would be a lie if I said I was not feeling the burden. But I feel that I can assimilate myself into the role as time goes by. I have never been more happy just preparing myself for the role. I hope that this drama will meet everyone’s expectations and I will give it my best effort.”

In other casting news that’s confirmed, Han Go Eun will play Goo Joon Pyo’s (Lee Min Ho) sister while Han Chae Young has been confirmed in a cameo role as Yoon Ji Hoo’s (Kim Hyun Joong) first love. The 24 episodes Boy Before Flowers is likely to air just before 2008 ends in December on KBS2TV.

source: coolsmurf

I think it's supposed to be college and not high school....why would she be attending a college but dress in high school uniform? I hope college or high school will be clear up soon.

Anyway good luck Goo hye sun and don't let the burdens wear you out! Just do your best!!!

I really look forward to seeing the korea version of HYD. I've seen Tw and japanese and well they have their own strength and flaws, but for me each has its own merits. So, it's time for korean performers to show their version. Quite excited about it.

weLL, i tottaly agree...

we can't compare it each other b'coz we now that it's different..

korean won't make this series in the same way.. they have another style in each series..

but both, taiwaneese and japanesse already made it the best among another series in each countries..

I think it'll hard to also make it beyond another korean series..

the cast is awesome..

the japan is not all about handsome face.. but their act really awesome..

the taiwanesse got the handsome actor, but are theit acting talent can compare to the japanese??

I hope the korean can equal those series.. :)

Guest MiyuKanata09

I think it's supposed to be college and not high school....why would she be attending a college but dress in high school uniform? I hope college or high school will be clear up soon.

Anyway good luck Goo hye sun and don't let the burdens wear you out! Just do your best!!!

in manga and Hana yori dango, they were High school students while in meteor garden they were college students

i'm not sure about meteor garden if they were really a college students but i'm really sure that in hana yori dango they were high school students... their school is Eitoku Gakuen aka Eitoku high.. which means they were high school.. same as the manga..

anyways the story is originally about a high school girl who meets the F4..

since they say that they will follow the original story which is the manga, its clear that they were high school..

i like high school life more than college..the best part in school life is the high school.. that's why i really like watching dramas with high school stories..**just wanted to share**

OK! This is a little bit shocking.... Kim Hyun Joong as Hanazawa Rui :blink: Am I the only one shocked here? :mellow:

Certainly, I don't have anything against the guy. Heck, I even think he's the best among SS501 beside Young Saeng... I like his acting at least the Music drama he was in (Eru's)... And in We Got Married, him and HwangBuin are ONE of my favorite couples. BUT, please not as Hanazawa Rui.

I'm sorry to all the people who don't agree with me... I'm not trying to be little him. But, Oguri Shun raised Hanazawa Rui's level to the maximum.

I actually wanted the F4 and Makino to be either experienced well known actors or new unfamiliar to the public faces, and definitely not any boy band casting.... -_-

Please, don't hate me... I don't hate you

Ahhh

I agree with you, that I hope they actually used experienced actors in this drama. Of course, we don't know yet.

I honestly really don't like boybands >_>; I think they're rather pointless and boring (ahahhh dont hate me either haha)

But I do have to say that even though Oguri Shun was a full-time actor. Actors who were also rather good such as Matsumoto Jun; he was from a boyband as well.

So I guess, one-boybander-whose-good-at-acting might or might not come from Hyun Joong?

^^ Hopefully.

The Japanese version was amazing, one of the best jdoramas ive ever seen. So Hopefully we can expect a lot from the korean one. Hopefully they put some korean-esque vibes in the drama as well. ^^;

in my personal opinion, i think the korean F4 is the most good looking ^^;;;;;!!!

Hahaha when i see dramas like this, It is so different to how korean high schools are really like :X

is it just me... or does han chae young seems a bit too old to be hyun joong's crush? i just can't see her being a year older than them in the drama... =T please don't hate me... haha. just saying what i see. O_O;;

Guest valley girl

is it just me... or does han chae young seems a bit too old to be hyun joong's crush? i just can't see her being a year older than them in the drama... =T please don't hate me... haha. just saying what i see. O_O;;

all cast due the movie in high school too old too, go hye soon too old too but that's right we can see the drama while this drama releaased . and we can comment about this

haha! don't worry, it's not just you.. also me! LOL!

she is already like a SISTER TYPE.. you know like, HGE's role? haha!

but let's see if she could bring her CHOON HYANG days here. :D

Guest ldh-ldw lover

Well, even though i think chae young is much too old for joong, but she fits the role perfectly, and i think she will be able to be chunhyang once again! hahahah:D just hope she puts on a little more weight again!

OMG, I just realize...what if the reason Yuki's role is not cast or even hint at is because...there is NO Yuki role? I would be sooo disappointed if that was the case, but you know with a Dry cleaner instead of a desert/pastry shop...maybe Yuki's role will not be in Korean Hana yori dango. I remember some of the important character in Goong...such as Chaekyung's male friend was not casted in the live action.

Guest Chianna

OMG, I just realize...what if the reason Yuki's role is not cast or even hint at is because...there is NO Yuki role? I would be sooo disappointed if that was the case, but you know with a Dry cleaner instead of a desert/pastry shop...maybe Yuki's role will not be in Korean Hana yori dango. I remember some of the important character in Goong...such as Chaekyung's male friend was not casted in the live action.

But it's Yuki...they can't not cast a Yuki, what will Kim Bum do if he doesn't have the Yuki/Sara storyline?

The JDrama dropping Makino's male friend, who name I can never remember, made sense he was annoying and didn't do much but Yuki...Yuki is needed.

But ITA it's weird we haven't even heard anything about her casting.

Guest p1nchmycheeks

^ True, how could they not cast Yuki?

I'm actually looking forward to see who's Yuki since she's one of the most important girls. I didn't like Yuki in japanese version, so I hope they would cast a cute Yuki for korean version >,<

Kim Bum doesn't look like a player to me. He looks so cute and innocent :D

Gosh, i can't choose among those Tsukasa's and Rui's (especially Taiwan and Korea) Must love Hyun Joong and Vic <3 haha

This would be hard for Hye Sun since Inoue Mao did such a good job at Makino (She is exactly how I picture Makino would be when I read the manga). I don't like Barbie Xu -___-, she needed to cut her hair for Makino part. So hopefully Hye Sun will do much better than Barbie.

Guest Tobemist

^ I've seen the sypnosis for the first episode on dcinside and I'm pretty sure it has Yuki in it.

It really frustrating to have so little news on the progress of this drama... Hopefully they will release the full cast list and some info when they began filming... or have they already begun??? No one knows... :)