[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

gayu312

said:

American Boys Over Flowers' Jun Pyo has a message for fans and 'haters'

by Dan Acton

on Tue, Oct 22, 2013 46 Comments 7990 Views 31Shares

Joseph Almani, playing the romantic lead in the proposed American adaptation of Boys Over Flowers, has a message for fans of the original series and various remakes. To prepare for his role (as Liam, based on the role known in Korea as Jun Pyo), he says he's watched all three series from Taiwan, Japan and South Korea.

“Fans are fans and they get attached to the characters they grow with throughout a series. I would be protective too! I think a lot of the comparisons are natural but each series has had its own perspective it has brought to the series. An American version of a show can’t be expected to translate exactly but after reading the scripts of ‘Boys Before Friends.’ I feel that it does a pretty good job of getting the message across. The story line is amazing and it is something that I can really be proud of. The previous shows have done great, we don’t want to mess with that. We’re going to do a great job, too,” he said.

Responding to fan reaction to the news of an American adaptation, Almani said “I support fans opinions no matter what they are. The fans with a positive supporting message are the ones I look at the most. There is only up and forward for me. There will always be negativity. To those who are hating on the show, I say, ‘Wait till you see it, you will be surprised!’”

Asked if he felt pressure filling a role based on one made famous in Korea by Lee Min Ho, he said “Not in the least! Those guys are already established accomplished and proven actors and they did a great job! They deserve all the credit for their work. I would hope that my work would stand on its own. Every actor brings choices and something new to the character."

Almani also had kind words for the production team. “I am thrilled to have this production company heading up this project. They are all diehard fans so what more could you ask for!! No one really understand the battles they are going through to bring this series to America. It has not been easy but they push through it every day,” he said.

"Personally I am a huge fan of the BBF world and I am honored to be a part of that,” he said.

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/american-boys-over-flowers-jun-pyo-has-a-message-for-fans-and-haters/

(Original Source: Manila Bulletin)

Woah even American version's  gu jun pyo is also BOF's fan   

@jkfan
true that!
I think I only posted 8 reasons on why I was complaining cause I really cant curse in soompi forum... but really.... its like they just pulled up people from the streets to "ACT"
hahahaha
the most EPIC FAIL of ALL EPIC FAIL!!!was that a negative comment...? really sorry
and I wanna quote what the 'liam' said  ‘Wait till you see it, you will be surprised!’”

hahahaha I was more than surprised, I was shocked...

gayu312 said:

American Boys Over Flowers' Jun Pyo has a message for fans and 'haters'

by Dan Acton

on Tue, Oct 22, 2013
 46 Comments 7990 Views 31Shares

Joseph Almani, playing the romantic lead in the proposed American adaptation of Boys Over Flowers, has a message for fans of the original series and various remakes. To prepare for his role (as Liam, based on the role known in Korea as Jun Pyo), he says he's watched all three series from Taiwan, Japan and South Korea.

“Fans are fans and they get attached to the characters they grow with throughout a series. I would be protective too! I think a lot of the comparisons are natural but each series has had its own perspective it has brought to the series. An American version of a show can’t be expected to translate exactly but after reading the scripts of ‘Boys Before Friends.’ I feel that it does a pretty good job of getting the message across. The story line is amazing and it is something that I can really be proud of. The previous shows have done great, we don’t want to mess with that. We’re going to do a great job, too,” he said.

Responding to fan reaction to the news of an American adaptation, Almani said “I support fans opinions no matter what they are. The fans with a positive supporting message are the ones I look at the most. There is only up and forward for me. There will always be negativity. To those who are hating on the show, I say, ‘Wait till you see it, you will be surprised!’”

Asked if he felt pressure filling a role based on one made famous in Korea by Lee Min Ho, he said “Not in the least! Those guys are already established accomplished and proven actors and they did a great job! They deserve all the credit for their work. I would hope that my work would stand on its own. Every actor brings choices and something new to the character."

Almani also had kind words for the production team. “I am thrilled to have this production company heading up this project. They are all diehard fans so what more could you ask for!! No one really understand the battles they are going through to bring this series to America. It has not been easy but they push through it every day,” he said.

"Personally I am a huge fan of the BBF world and I am honored to be a part of that,” he said.

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/american-boys-over-flowers-jun-pyo-has-a-message-for-fans-and-haters/

(Original Source: Manila Bulletin)

Woah even American version's  gu jun pyo is also BOF's fan   

sad to say the american version was like urrgghhhh... I watched it for like 5 minutes and I feel like complaining for my 5 minutes back.
Seriously the guy who is playing Junpyo and Jihoo looks handsome on poster but during the 5 minutes I watched it they fizzled out immediately....

hahaha I've seen remakes of korean movies, but this takes the cake for WTH were they thinking? yes I agree that the story can be remade and revised to apply as american version. They could have done the exclusive school thing gossip girl style...

oh god i feel like they just filmed it with a DSLR camera please stop this is embarrassing for them but this is at the same time too funny. it's a relief it's not actually playing on TV because if it did i don't think anybody would be able to watch BOF the same way ever again.

this is for their own good
omg cringe cringe 
this just proves that asian drama storylines/scripts are wayyy different than american ones and american remakes are just not meant to be ok????? this is almost like when they had a remake of dragon ball z like nO! goku is not white. same goes for BOF. Sorry to say, but the cast of Hana Yori Dango cannot ever be white its just not right!!!
view the trailer at your own riskhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-HxXNGjxZA
"She doesn't know who she just messed with!"  =))
 episode 1 for those daring enough, or want a laughhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoXPPNuoCQY

oh god oh god american Jun Pyo looks like freaking Gaston

I have watching all 3 versions of Taiwan : Meteor Garden, Japan : Hana Yori Dango and Korean : Boys Over Flowers.. Great drama, excellent acting despite different version.. I literally grew up watching these dramas.. I was only 11 years old when Meteor Garden airing in my country and I'm already 18 when watching the Korean version. Sadly I have also watched the US remake last week. But I stop watching it in the middle because hurm.. there's no word can described it :-w

lela6130 said: I have watching all 3 versions of Taiwan : Meteor Garden, Japan : Hana Yori Dongo and Korean : Boys Over Flowers.. Great drama, excellent acting despite different version.. I literally grew up watching these dramas.. I was only 11 years old when Meteor Garden airing in my country and I'm already 18 when watching the Korean version. Sadly I have also watched the US remake last week. But I stop watching it in the middle because hurm.. there's no word can described it :-w