[drama 2003] Yellow Hankerchief 노란손수건

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Guest Hae_Won

News from the Philippines...

Newest tearjerker on daytime TV

IF VIEWERS loved and empathized with Irene (Jang Suh Hee), their hearts would surely go out to Jamie (Lee Tae Ran) in GMA Network's newest daytime tearjerker, Yellow Handkerchief, premiering today, replacing House Husband. Bring back the late morning "crying habit" that the top-rating Koreanovela Irene started during its run, for a lot of sensitive nerves would be struck once again in this tale of one woman's struggles and domestic troubles that a lot of viewers would surely be able to relate to.

Yellow Handkerchief revolves around Jamie and her struggles after her boyfriend of 10 years, Shawn (Kim Ho Jin), dumps her for rich boss, Minerva (Choo Sang Min). With her father gone and as the eldest child, Jamie becomes the breadwinner of the family. All the problems fell on her shoulders. She has always been devoted to Shawn and never thought of loving anyone else. She sincerely hopes that her relationship with him would lead to marriage. But her world comes crumbling down when he leaves her, and unknown to him she is already carrying his child. Would she still wait for him? In Korea, a "Yellow Handkerchief" symbolizes a person's eternal devotion to a loved one. Is this what Jamie has for Shawn?

While it was a loveless marriage for Shawn, his ambition is a strong motivation. He loves Jamie but he recognizes the fact that she cannot give him what he wants. And Minerva can give him all that: better opportunities and a better life. Unknown to all, Jamie's younger brother Giovanni (Yeon Jung Hoon) and Minerva's half-sister Sandy (Han Ga In) have become friends. They like each other, but Gio knows they can not be together because their lives are world aparts. Sandy hates her older sister because she always thinks that Minerva looks down on her and her mother. To get back at her older sister, Sandy asks Gio to court her. He refuses at first, but after finding out about his friend's identity, will he give in to her request and exact revenge on the woman who caused Jamie's heartaches? And would love have the chance to grow between them in spite of their complicated relationship?

This is another Koreanovela that Pinoys will surely love. People from all walks of life will certainly be hooked to Jamie's poignant story as they find themselves immersed in her roller-coaster ride of emotions, with the theme song "Muli" by Gabby Eigenmann released by GMA Records as background. Witness how the Yellow Handkerchief unfolds from Monday to Friday, beginning today replacing House Husband on GMA-7.

Source: MANILA STANDARD TODAY

Entertainment, C2

Monday, July 31, 2006

Transcribed by: Da A of starkoreans

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Choi Ji Woo

News from the Philippines...

Newest tearjerker on daytime TV

IF VIEWERS loved and empathized with Irene (Jang Suh Hee), their hearts would surely go out to Jamie (Lee Tae Ran) in GMA Network's newest daytime tearjerker, Yellow Handkerchief, premiering today, replacing House Husband. Bring back the late morning "crying habit" that the top-rating Koreanovela Irene started during its run, for a lot of sensitive nerves would be struck once again in this tale of one woman's struggles and domestic troubles that a lot of viewers would surely be able to relate to.

Yellow Handkerchief revolves around Jamie and her struggles after her boyfriend of 10 years, Shawn (Kim Ho Jin), dumps her for rich boss, Minerva (Choo Sang Min). With her father gone and as the eldest child, Jamie becomes the breadwinner of the family. All the problems fell on her shoulders. She has always been devoted to Shawn and never thought of loving anyone else. She sincerely hopes that her relationship with him would lead to marriage. But her world comes crumbling down when he leaves her, and unknown to him she is already carrying his child. Would she still wait for him? In Korea, a "Yellow Handkerchief" symbolizes a person's eternal devotion to a loved one. Is this what Jamie has for Shawn?

While it was a loveless marriage for Shawn, his ambition is a strong motivation. He loves Jamie but he recognizes the fact that she cannot give him what he wants. And Minerva can give him all that: better opportunities and a better life. Unknown to all, Jamie's younger brother Giovanni (Yeon Jung Hoon) and Minerva's half-sister Sandy (Han Ga In) have become friends. They like each other, but Gio knows they can not be together because their lives are world aparts. Sandy hates her older sister because she always thinks that Minerva looks down on her and her mother. To get back at her older sister, Sandy asks Gio to court her. He refuses at first, but after finding out about his friend's identity, will he give in to her request and exact revenge on the woman who caused Jamie's heartaches? And would love have the chance to grow between them in spite of their complicated relationship?

This is another Koreanovela that Pinoys will surely love. People from all walks of life will certainly be hooked to Jamie's poignant story as they find themselves immersed in her roller-coaster ride of emotions, with the theme song "Muli" by Gabby Eigenmann released by GMA Records as background. Witness how the Yellow Handkerchief unfolds from Monday to Friday, beginning today replacing House Husband on GMA-7.

Source: MANILA STANDARD TODAY

Entertainment, C2

Monday, July 31, 2006

Transcribed by: Da A of starkoreans

thanks for posting this news, Hae-Won..I'm a Filipina too..I can't watch this 'coz I have classes everyday eh!!!

Guest Galchi

Im watching this drama and I find it very interesting plus GMA had made a good promotion for this drama which replaced House Husband (Bad Housewife)

Just now, we already hate Minerva's character as well as Shawn.

The lead actress is cute.

And is Han Ga In and Yeon Jung Hoon are real life couple?

Guest Choi Ji Woo

heey! this is the drama that han ga in met her husband in,, yun jung hoon.

thhats pretty sweet

Yeon Jung Hoon is quite handsome hehe..I think he also portrayed the male third party in Sad Love Song..:)

Guest Madrasta

Since it's gonna be shown daytime here in the Philippines, I won't be able to watch this wonderful series. Can you tell me where I can possibly buy a copy of this series, even poorly subbed will do. Thanks.

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Since it's gonna be shown daytime here in the Philippines, I won't be able to watch this wonderful series. Can you tell me where I can possibly buy a copy of this series, even poorly subbed will do. Thanks.

you could visit pirated DVD vendors in Divisoria, Recto or the University Mall, maybe there is a copy hehehe!

Guest Galchi

Nice promo for the pirates...hehehe

Anyways, that's the only way maybe to be able to watch this drama

Why its so hard to find old korean dramas like this one and that of Lee Young Ae's Fireworks?

Im watching this show and I want to smack the face of that guy who dumped his girlfriend for that wicked woman

Guest jgabriel2005

got to watch Yellow Handkerchief this morning. i like it. the story seems interesting. i can't help but hate Kim Ho Jin's character for dumping her gf for his rich boss. grrr.

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Nice promo for the pirates...hehehe

Anyways, that's the only way maybe to be able to watch this drama

Why its so hard to find old korean dramas like this one and that of Lee Young Ae's Fireworks?

hey thanks for appreciating my promotions..I'm not a fan of pirated copies but it's very affordable compared to original ones which are very expensive due to taxes & other surcharges..and it's the only way to watch old

dramas which are also very hard to find 'coz they're not that hit & popular here in the Philippines, IMO..hehe!

:unsure: Oh...i think it's not produced in 2003!!!!

It's a very long n old drama.

But it's great i suppose so. Very popular a long time ago...

N another thing is that my favourite actress's husband(Kim Ho Jin) is also involved in this drama :blush: .

I love this couple...this drama is long n really great,too...

Cast: Kim Ji Ho, Kim Ho Jin, Lee Tae Ran, Ryu Jin

01.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

Guest Galchi

hey thanks for appreciating my promotions..I'm not a fan of pirated copies but it's very affordable compared to original ones which are very expensive due to taxes & other surcharges..and it's the only way to watch old

dramas which are also very hard to find 'coz they're not that hit & popular here in the Philippines, IMO..hehe!

Yes I agree with you. Much more affordable and one of the ways to get a copy of old Kdramas.

I even bought a pirated copy but I don't like the subtitles, it gives me a headache :(

But right now, Im watching this show and I like the lead actress, she's pretty and simple. If I were her, I'll definitely smack the face of that guy :D

Guest Choi Ji Woo

:unsure: Oh...i think it's not produced in 2003!!!!

It's a very long n old drama.

But it's great i suppose so. Very popular a long time ago...

N another thing is that my favourite actress's husband(Kim Ho Jin) is also involved in this drama :blush: .

I love this couple...this drama is long n really great,too...

Cast: Kim Ji Ho, Kim Ho Jin, Lee Tae Ran, Ryu Jin

01.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

I think you're the one who is mistaken, not me..this is the Yellow Handkerchief thread, and it stars Lee Tah Ran, not Kim Ji Ho & Ryu Jin..the pics you've posted were from another drama, it's not from this drama okei!!

Yellow Handkerchief Cast (Credits to koreanwiz.org):

Jung Young-joon: Jo Min Ki (Sweet Bear)

Yoon Ja-young: Lee Tae Ran (Who's My Love/More Than Love)

Lee Sang-min: Kim Ho Jin (Tender Hearts/More Than Love)

Jo Min-joo: Choo Sang Mi (Sunflower)

Na Mi-ryung: Lee Yoo Ri (Loving You/This Is Love)

Yoon Tae-young (Ja-young's younger brother): Yeon Jung Hoon

Jo Sun-joo (Min-joo's younger sister): Han Ka In

Yoon Na-young (Ja-young's younger sister): So Yi-hyun (Fairy & Swindler)

Ja-young's maternal grandmother: Kang Boo Ja (This Is Love)

Grandmother Son: Kim Young Ok (Loneliness/Since We Met)

Lee Woon-kyu (Sang-min's dad): Joo Hyun (Loneliness/Trio)

Na Young-man (Mi-ryung's dad): Jang Yong (Trio/This Is Love)

Lee Han-soon (Mi-ryung's mom): Lee Mi Young

Oh Kyung-ae (Min-joo's stepmom): Sun Woo Eun Sook (Autumn Story/Stockflower)

Suh Joo-yun (Ja-young's friend/co-worker): Kim Na Woon (Autumn Story)

__ Ki-hoon (waiter): Lee Chan

Hwang Hyun-ji (Young-joon's ex-girlfriend): Jun Hye Jin (When She Beckons)

Yoon Ji-min (Ja-young's son, 5): Lee Byung Joon (Romance/Wife)

Lee Yuna (Sang-min & Min-joo's daughter, 5): Jin Ji Hee

Ms. Jo (Sang-min's dad's wife): Jo Yang Ja

Joon-ha (Sun-joo's manager): Kim Soo Keun

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Yes I agree with you. Much more affordable and one of the ways to get a copy of old Kdramas.

I even bought a pirated copy but I don't like the subtitles, it gives me a headache :(

ditto to your last statement..my DJG pirated DVD set was okei except the English subtitles..very nauseating!!!

Guest Galchi

ditto to your last statement..my DJG pirated DVD set was okei except the English subtitles..very nauseating!!!

That;s why I said to myself I'll never buy any bootleg copy of kdramas because its do hard to read the subtitles...anyways, the one im talking about is My Name is Kim Sam Soon :)

Guest ANNASHEE

omg i remember this drama. its like 293874 years old. haha not really only 3. i didnt finish it but i dont usually watch long dramas. :blush:

Guest Galchi

I got teary eyed watching this series a while ago because the mother of the lead actress died.

It's so touching and felt pity for the lead actress

Guest Choi Ji Woo

That;s why I said to myself I'll never buy any bootleg copy of kdramas because its do hard to read the subtitles...anyways, the one im talking about is My Name is Kim Sam Soon :)

i'm planning to buy a pirated DVD copy of MNIKSS from my dad's reliable source..cheap but of high quality...

Archived