[news] Kim Heechul Undergoes Surgery To Remove Metal Rod From His Leg

Guest damifino

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kokoChulberryjam

Heechul will be okay I am sure. He will have pain but that is nothing compared to the first time he underwent surgery (Intramedullary Pinning) in his thigh last 2006.

I'd like everyone not to worry for Heechul. I am actually glad that the metal rod had been removed for it doesn't serve its purpose anymore. Usually, 2 years after the broken bones have reunited, the metal rod can get loose thus makes a clicking sound everytime Heechul moves. It causes pain as the loose iron rod creates friction inside the bone (medulla).

I have seen that Heechul danced with gusto during the dream concert like there was no tomorrow. I admire and respect him for that. His leg must be killing him from the pain at that time but we wouldn't know because Heechul, his Petals and ELF to become ONE, Heechul showed us his best ignoring what trouble his leg might be giving him. Obviously he waited after the Dream Concert to have this surgery done because he knew he will be sidelined for a while and that his promise to be ONE with the members, his petals and ELF was very important.

Based on my experience in Orthopaedics, this surgery involved 2 very small cuts (approx. 3-4 in) near the hip and just above the knee first to remove the screws that holds the IM rod in placed before the whole rod or IM Nail is completely removed. For at least 6 to 8 weeks he is not allowed to put weight on his affected leg therefore he will have to use cruthches again. This is to reduce prssure from the thigh bone (femur) and the muscles for the wound to heal quickly. Heechul is young and fit so in no time he will be back on the screen entertaining us before we even know it.

HEECHUL, GET WELL SOON. WE ARE ALL PRAYING FOR YOUR SPEEDY RECOVERY. WE WILL BE MISSING YOU SO MUCH BUT WHAT IS IMPORTANT IS FOR YOU TO GET BETTER FIRST.

Guest jingaling.

that rod is scary T__T

hope the surgery goes well

& that he'll recover soon.

we won't be seeing him for awhile :(

Guest disfunktional.

awwies, my poor heechul. all these things happened, i'm

so glad that he's still able to laugh and make jokes<3 get well babe!

Guest **rainbow**

Whoah reallly reallly scary!! Metal rod in his legs? and still dancing in Dream concert?? Pooor him!! Heechul get better soon!!!

Guest emma;*

AHHHHHHHH !

nooo, heechul !

another surgery ><

gahh; i miss seeing him on stage

&around the 'media' world.

though it was nice seeing him at the DC concert.

P.S. that metal rod x-ray thingy is just plain

grossss xP

yah i saw that in EHB i was like :(

man that looks like it would hurt to be put in and taken out.

i was like "DAMN THAT THING IS HUGE!!!"

i feel for heechul :(

i had my toe cut off lol sucks like crazy to have to get constant surgeries.

Guest superjihyeee!

awwww that rod is so ginormous!

how the heck are the doctors going to get it out w/o hurting him?

Archived