[drama 2000] The Trio / Sam Chong Sa 삼총사

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Guest Choi Ji Woo
[MBC] Kim So Yun, Lim Ryu Jin, Jung Da Bin, Lee Jung Jin...
Sahm Chong Sah- The Threesome (MBC) cast: Kim So Yun, Sohn Ji Chang, Ryu Jin, Lee Jung Jin, Jung Da Bin, Hwang Een Young As younger children, Sohn Ji Chang is the son of a failing politician. Although his dad always runs for office, he never wins, which is what makes Sohn Ji Chang a teasing item for many of his classmates. Ryu Jin comes to the town with his mother in search for a new life. His mother is a kind-hearted lady who has a tough life. She hides from her son though, the fact that he is the son of the huge company, MiRae Electronics. Lee Jung Jin is an orphan who fights to keep his pride and protect all his younger orphanage siblings. As high school students, the three are still the best of friends. Sohn Ji Chang and Ryu Jin fall for Kim So Yun, the daughter of a powerful politician. Lee Jung Jin secretly loves Sohn Ji Chang's younger sister, Jung Da Bin. As adults, a horrendous accidental murder, caused by an evil classmate, Jung So Young, keeps the threesome away from Kim So Yun. The accident also changes Lee Jung Jin for the worse as he turns from a kum-do athlete to a gangster. Years later, Sohn Ji Chang fights to become a more successful politician than his father, giving up his family. Hwang Een Young, his girlfriend, sacrifices herself to make him successful. Ryu Jin is the president of a small computer programming company, before he finds out that he is the son and heir of a huge company. Lee Jung Jin grows apart from Sohn Ji Chang because Sohn doesn't want a gangster friend to ruin his reputation. As the once close threesome grow apart due to politics and newer surroundings, many obstacles test their friendship once more. rating: Very Good comments: This is a heavily political drama which attempts to openly talk about the corrupted politics of Korean politicians and huge companies. It contains alot of intense action, and is a very suspenceful drama. The storyline is very smooth and it flows well as it goes back and forth in time. If there's one concern about this drama, it is that the storyline is too depressing. There are no humorous supporting characters, and the drama is very serious in its attempts to reveal politics intertwining the lives of three very different friends.

ff.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest safinsgirl

hi to all...where can i get this series with english sub...pls help i really want to watch this drama. So love lee jung jin and jung dabin.

thanks

i enjoyed this drama. i like how the story wasnt your average plot about love but the three friends and their relationship over time. there was a lot of politics which made it interesting. i think i gotta go rewatch it again now.

• 1 month later...
Guest daneres

Would like to see this drama very much. Am a fan of Ryu Jin. Does anyone know where to get the English subtitles for this show? Please....?! :):)

• 1 month later...
Guest kdramanut

This was a VERY SOLID drama. Definitely a twist to your average "love triangle." I actually liked Lee Jung Jin's character, Jae Mun, the best. What a perfect guy!

I don't know if this is available with English subtitles (and you will need subtitles unless you're fluent in Korean - lots of business/political dialogue), but if you can find it, I definitely recommend this drama!

Guest chaieee

i've seen this drama and i can say it's really good. though i really hate politics but i appreciate this political drama. it's a change from the usual romance and comedy genre. :)

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Thanks for everyone who replied in this thread, especially to all fans of Lim Ryu Jin, one of my crushes hehe!

Guest Choi Ji Woo

How old is the drama?!

Jung da bin!

i think the drama was aired befor the year 2000..it's quite old but the cast are now big names in Korea!!!!!!!!!

Guest loving_D

i think the drama was aired befor the year 2000..it's quite old but the cast are now big names in Korea!!!!!!!!!

i dont think it was that early. i'd say around 2001 or early 2002.

Guest Choi Ji Woo

i dont think it was that early. i'd say around 2001 or early 2002.

oh..i'm sorry..people really make mistakes sometimes..i'm not even from korea so i think i'm excused hehe!

Guest Access DENIED

Not really.. Maybe Jung dabin, but the others are pretty underrated especially kim so yeon..

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Not really.. Maybe Jung dabin, but the others are pretty underrated especially kim so yeon..

well, at least their careers had flourished in the past..especially kim so yun, lee jung jin and lim ryu jin..

KSY in AAE, LJJ in Il Mare and Love Story in Harvard, Lim Ryu Jin in Oh Feel Young and Summer Scent..

Guest kdramanut

This drama actually has a couple of highly under-rated actors like Lee Jung JIN and Ryu Jin. These two guys have a lot of charisma and are both quite HOT (tall, clean cut, etc). For some reason, neither are too popular in Korea. Ryu Jin has been in some well known dramas (Oh! Pilsung... and Summer Scent), but has almost always played the "second" male character. Lee Jung Jin is one of my favorite actors (along with Song Seung Hun, Kim Rae Won, and Ryu Shi Won) - such a KILLER voice.

Both actors had GREAT roles in this one.

Guest Choi Ji Woo

^yea maybe in the past, but not now

Lee jung jin wasn't in il mare. That was lee jung jae..

sorry again..i hope you'll be tactful enough next time to correct other people..pls stop embarassing anybody!

• 1 month later...
Guest longmao32

Can anyone tell me the endin? I gt watch the show b4 but i miss the endin...i was really sad man to miss it...i tink it's a gd show with a strong cast...

i watch bcoz of Ryu Jin....

Archived