[drama 2002] Miss Mermaid/ Mermaid Lady 인어아가씨

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Guest lilkpgirl

omg this is like one of my most favorite korean drama.Itz so awsome,haha i think itt took me about 1/2 of the yr or more to finish it.I watched it about like 2 yrs ago

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest JKapamilya_dos

Irene is the Best!!

26125634634466l.jpg

from forums.ABS-CBN.com

Cast of Characters and summaries*:

*all the names of the show's characters were change into those used when it was aired here in the Philippines to avoid confusion among its viewers.

Jang Suh Hee as Irene Yun/ Hannah Yun

-she is the main protagonist of the series. Her name, as she claimed in one episode is the name of the goddess of mercy. She is the daughter of Cora and Mario who was raised with sense of hatred towards her father. She with her mother and her unborn child were abandoned by his father when he was seducted to Sylvia who gave Mario a daughter, Diane. Because of the events following that fateful day, Irene vowed never again will she shed tears from her eyes to seek revenge to all the people who made her the way she is now. Irene is now a 29 year-old writer of the series "Joy Of Love" starring her dad's mistress (kabit or madrasta) working under the pen name, "Hannah Yun".

Kim Sung Taek as Joshua Lee Ju Wang

-Joshua is the only son of Josie (she starred in Guys and Girls)and Ramon (he starred in Lovers in Paris). He is engaged to Irene's half-sister Diane. Joshua works for a newspaper owned by Mario as a news writer/reporter. He is very obedient and faithful as being the only child in his family. Things began to change when he met Irene. Irene tried to 'seduce' or merely use Joshua in an effort to sabotage her half-sister's relationship which eventually worked but never she did expected that Joshua will be the stepping stone for Irene's eventual change in the coming episodes. By the end of the first chapter of the series, Joshua becomes Irene's husband.

Woo Hee Jin as Diane Yun

-Diane Yun is the spoiled daughter of Mario and Sylvia who is engaged to marry her boyfriend Joshua. She is very jealous and possesive which, during the middle of the series, almost drove her to insanity. Her partner-in-crime is Maggie who is just as bratty and spoiled as Diane. During the beginning of the soap opera, she had a sense of anger towards the wirter of Joy of Love who, unknown to her, is actually her half-sister. Her heart began to soften as she began to accept Irene as her older sister and fell in love with Maggie's older brother, Benjo whom she eventually married.

Lee Ja Eun as Maggie Ma Ma Rin

-the bratty sister of Benjo and the daughter of Susan. She, like Diane, is spoiled thus her childish antics. Never did she expect that she would fall in love with Irene's "Joy of Love" director during the final chapter of the series. Before the series had reached its climax, Maggie's attitude began to change when she fell in love and fought for it against her mother's will.

Jung Bo Suk as Benjo Ma Majun

-he's the brother of Maggie and Susan's son. He is what we may assume, a yuppie who like anybody in the middle-class workforce, go in a office-to-home routine. Benjo and Irene used to be childhood acquintances since both fo their mothers were friends. When he met Irene, Benjo quickly had a crush on her. Susan gave her blessing to Benjo so he can court Irene and to eventually marry her. Although Irene fell for Joshua, destiny had Benjo fall in love once again to Irene's sister, Diane but at the wrong timing as both of their mothers became the worst of enemies but eventually reconciled when Diane's pregnancy had forced the mothers to had their children married.

Jung Young Suk as Cora Han Kyung Hye(she starred as Ryu Si Won's mother in "Wedding")

-she is Irene's mother who became blind at the time when her son, a special child, died during a field trip when the family got stuck in America after her husband left them for another woman. Depression and trauma had led to Cora's blindness which is actually curable. Just before Irene married Joshua at the end of the first chapter, tragedy struck when a fire in a building had her mother unable to escape and died of suffocation. Though she is dead, her spirit continued to guide her daughter Irene in her struggle to find true happiness. it was also her spirit that saved Irene from her attempt to commit suicide.

Park Geun Yung as Mario Yun Jin Jung

-he is the primary reason why Irene sought revenge. He left his family to marry the actress, Sylvia which bore him daughter. He became curious if his daughter from Cora was still alive when it was revbealed that Hannah yj's true name is the same as that of his own daughter who had disowned him. He vowed to pay for all the sins he committed from leaving Cora who was pregnant and as the cause of her blindness. Evetually Irene was now at peace with her father.

Han Hye Sook as Sylvia Shim Soo Jung

-the mistress who took Mario away fro his family and bore him a daughter. She was chosen by Hannah Yun to be the lead star of the series "Joy of Love" as a way to punish Mario, Sylvia nd Diane for suffering she had. Despite all odds she remained Mario's wife but no longer the taray queen that she was known during the first hlaf of the series as the plot diversified to other characters including Diane's marriage to Benjo, the son of her fiercest enemy, Susan.

Go Doo Shim as Susan Jo Soo Ah

-Susan was Cora's best friend from their days in high school and were reunited after many years.She like Irene would want to see Sylvia suffer from stealing Mario from Cora. She wants to have Irene married to Benjo but she never expected that her son would fall in love with her fiercest rival, Sylvia. To makes matters worse, even her own daughter fell in love to man who is almost ten years her senior and is a divorced man.

??? as Director Teddy Ang

-Sylvia's director for "Joy of Love". He was the one who persuade Sylvia to acccept the role whcih was made for her by Irene herself. He, during the last half of the series, fell in love with Maggie who was about 10 years younger than him not to mention he is divorced from a failed marriage. but eventually, both of these to charcters found their true happiness with each other.

Kim Byung Gi as Ramon Lee Sung Soo and Kim Yong Rim as Josie Geum Silla

-They are Joshua's wacky parents which is a sight for sore eyes for their hilarious misadventures as husband and wife. Ramon is a busy working man who care less than the affection of his wife josie. Josie doesn't anything from Ramon but the respect and love she deserved as Ramon's wife. Grandma Rosa (played by Sa MiJa)served as boubdary between the two lovebirds. When their sonfell in love wit Irene, they never liked her until such time had come when they became close to Irene when the newly-weds started to live at the house of Joshua's family.

Minor Characters:

??? as Carol-appeared in the first half, she was Irene's accomplice for her plan to seek revenge to Mario's second family. She is very concerned and worried over Irene's obsession over revenge.

Wally-He is Irene's ex-boyfriend. Though he did not appeared in the series, Wally's relationship with Irene began to haunt her as she strugg;e to live her life anew as Joshua's wife. Wally still loves Irene even though he is married. His wife began to use a plot against Irene by ruining her marriage with Joshua by making her think that Joshua is now womanizing hcih forced her to file a divorce. Nonetheless her efforst failed as Irene and Joshua's love with each other prevailed, especially when Irene got hit by a bus whch endangered her life and the life of her unborn child.

im not quite sure on how cora died exactly, i didnt watched that episode except the part that she was cremated

I've been looking for a copy of this mini-series but same with Yellow Handkerchief, there is nobody who sells it here.

I want to watch the whole series for the show is being edited with too much scenes, that's its much OK to watch it in dvd copy.

Irene is the Best!!

26125634634466l.jpg

from forums.ABS-CBN.com

Cast of Characters and summaries*:

*all the names of the show's characters were change into those used when it was aired here in the Philippines to avoid confusion among its viewers.

Jang Suh Hee as Irene Yun/ Hannah Yun

-she is the main protagonist of the series. Her name, as she claimed in one episode is the name of the goddess of mercy. She is the daughter of Cora and Mario who was raised with sense of hatred towards her father. She with her mother and her unborn child were abandoned by his father when he was seducted to Sylvia who gave Mario a daughter, Diane. Because of the events following that fateful day, Irene vowed never again will she shed tears from her eyes to seek revenge to all the people who made her the way she is now. Irene is now a 29 year-old writer of the series "Joy Of Love" starring her dad's mistress (kabit or madrasta) working under the pen name, "Hannah Yun".

Kim Sung Taek as Joshua Lee Ju Wang

-Joshua is the only son of Josie (she starred in Guys and Girls)and Ramon (he starred in Lovers in Paris). He is engaged to Irene's half-sister Diane. Joshua works for a newspaper owned by Mario as a news writer/reporter. He is very obedient and faithful as being the only child in his family. Things began to change when he met Irene. Irene tried to 'seduce' or merely use Joshua in an effort to sabotage her half-sister's relationship which eventually worked but never she did expected that Joshua will be the stepping stone for Irene's eventual change in the coming episodes. By the end of the first chapter of the series, Joshua becomes Irene's husband.

Woo Hee Jin as Diane Yun

-Diane Yun is the spoiled daughter of Mario and Sylvia who is engaged to marry her boyfriend Joshua. She is very jealous and possesive which, during the middle of the series, almost drove her to insanity. Her partner-in-crime is Maggie who is just as bratty and spoiled as Diane. During the beginning of the soap opera, she had a sense of anger towards the wirter of Joy of Love who, unknown to her, is actually her half-sister. Her heart began to soften as she began to accept Irene as her older sister and fell in love with Maggie's older brother, Benjo whom she eventually married.

Lee Ja Eun as Maggie Ma Ma Rin

-the bratty sister of Benjo and the daughter of Susan. She, like Diane, is spoiled thus her childish antics. Never did she expect that she would fall in love with Irene's "Joy of Love" director during the final chapter of the series. Before the series had reached its climax, Maggie's attitude began to change when she fell in love and fought for it against her mother's will.

Jung Bo Suk as Benjo Ma Majun

-he's the brother of Maggie and Susan's son. He is what we may assume, a yuppie who like anybody in the middle-class workforce, go in a office-to-home routine. Benjo and Irene used to be childhood acquintances since both fo their mothers were friends. When he met Irene, Benjo quickly had a crush on her. Susan gave her blessing to Benjo so he can court Irene and to eventually marry her. Although Irene fell for Joshua, destiny had Benjo fall in love once again to Irene's sister, Diane but at the wrong timing as both of their mothers became the worst of enemies but eventually reconciled when Diane's pregnancy had forced the mothers to had their children married.

Jung Young Suk as Cora Han Kyung Hye(she starred as Ryu Si Won's mother in "Wedding")

-she is Irene's mother who became blind at the time when her son, a special child, died during a field trip when the family got stuck in America after her husband left them for another woman. Depression and trauma had led to Cora's blindness which is actually curable. Just before Irene married Joshua at the end of the first chapter, tragedy struck when a fire in a building had her mother unable to escape and died of suffocation. Though she is dead, her spirit continued to guide her daughter Irene in her struggle to find true happiness. it was also her spirit that saved Irene from her attempt to commit suicide.

Park Geun Yung as Mario Yun Jin Jung

-he is the primary reason why Irene sought revenge. He left his family to marry the actress, Sylvia which bore him daughter. He became curious if his daughter from Cora was still alive when it was revbealed that Hannah yj's true name is the same as that of his own daughter who had disowned him. He vowed to pay for all the sins he committed from leaving Cora who was pregnant and as the cause of her blindness. Evetually Irene was now at peace with her father.

Han Hye Sook as Sylvia Shim Soo Jung

-the mistress who took Mario away fro his family and bore him a daughter. She was chosen by Hannah Yun to be the lead star of the series "Joy of Love" as a way to punish Mario, Sylvia nd Diane for suffering she had. Despite all odds she remained Mario's wife but no longer the taray queen that she was known during the first hlaf of the series as the plot diversified to other characters including Diane's marriage to Benjo, the son of her fiercest enemy, Susan.

Go Doo Shim as Susan Jo Soo Ah

-Susan was Cora's best friend from their days in high school and were reunited after many years.She like Irene would want to see Sylvia suffer from stealing Mario from Cora. She wants to have Irene married to Benjo but she never expected that her son would fall in love with her fiercest rival, Sylvia. To makes matters worse, even her own daughter fell in love to man who is almost ten years her senior and is a divorced man.

??? as Director Teddy Ang

-Sylvia's director for "Joy of Love". He was the one who persuade Sylvia to acccept the role whcih was made for her by Irene herself. He, during the last half of the series, fell in love with Maggie who was about 10 years younger than him not to mention he is divorced from a failed marriage. but eventually, both of these to charcters found their true happiness with each other.

Kim Byung Gi as Ramon Lee Sung Soo and Kim Yong Rim as Josie Geum Silla

-They are Joshua's wacky parents which is a sight for sore eyes for their hilarious misadventures as husband and wife. Ramon is a busy working man who care less than the affection of his wife josie. Josie doesn't anything from Ramon but the respect and love she deserved as Ramon's wife. Grandma Rosa (played by Sa MiJa)served as boubdary between the two lovebirds. When their sonfell in love wit Irene, they never liked her until such time had come when they became close to Irene when the newly-weds started to live at the house of Joshua's family.

Minor Characters:

??? as Carol-appeared in the first half, she was Irene's accomplice for her plan to seek revenge to Mario's second family. She is very concerned and worried over Irene's obsession over revenge.

Wally-He is Irene's ex-boyfriend. Though he did not appeared in the series, Wally's relationship with Irene began to haunt her as she strugg;e to live her life anew as Joshua's wife. Wally still loves Irene even though he is married. His wife began to use a plot against Irene by ruining her marriage with Joshua by making her think that Joshua is now womanizing hcih forced her to file a divorce. Nonetheless her efforst failed as Irene and Joshua's love with each other prevailed, especially when Irene got hit by a bus whch endangered her life and the life of her unborn child.

im not quite sure on how cora died exactly, i didnt watched that episode except the part that she was cremated

She's trapped in a CR where she's inside the building on fire.

• 2 months later...
Guest Orchidy

I gave up by the tenth episodes. Really annoying but i guess it's good. It was just the time I watched it I wasn't interested in k-drama esp k-drama that's so long. -_-;;

^^;; Well, I do like the girl...that's why it lasted 10 episodes... ^^;;

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JKapamilya_dos

wally's evil wife is yet to come out....

Maggie is beginning to have feelings with direk Teddy

Irene is yet to be pregnant

She's friends again with her in-laws

Benjo and Diane are now happily married

the Susan-Sylvia faceoff is yet to continue

Guest morrow94

I think the writer for "Dear Heaven" also wrote this. Her acting was good but this was so long ago when I saw it and I missed like most of the episodes when she got married.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest sleepysa

oh..oh! i know this show.!

haha, it's the 6pm daily show on ch u..for all singaporeans..haha

i tot only 100 eps, now then i realised tt it's like...my god..so many lor.

i dun really watch it, unless i've got nth to watch on tv.

the storyline's really good.. but too long. it's like. if i dun watch for 2 wks, or even 1 mth, i can catch up.

cos the story moves quite slow. haha.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JKapamilya_dos

Tonight is the night!!

Kristine, the evil wife of Irene's ex, is the cause of Joshua and Irene's divorce

Irene and her daughter, Michelle, will go MIA as to avoid Joshua seeing her again.

Direk teddy Ang and Maggie will leap all obstacles so to be accpeted by her mom.

The Sylvia-Susan faceoff is now over. Winner No ONE!!

The biggest climax in the series has finally arrived!!!

Irene, pregnant with her second child, runs away after seeing her husband Joshua with Kristine (Wally's wife) (actually, Kristine was just helping Joshua look for Irene). She run towards the pedestrian lane, crosses it and never noticed that she's going to hit by a....

BUS!!

Final episode tonyt on QTV!!

Opening Credits links

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SuRUtVykY0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzOyuBviss8

how do u know its a happy ending? isnt the last scene irene watching joshua and her child? couldn't that mean that shes watching out for them in heaven?

Guest thegoogoodoll

I really like Woo Hee Jin's hair in this serial.. you know with the soft loose bouncy curls.

Can someone please give me a picture of her with her hair in this serial?

please please :blush:

Thanks!

Guest dedski

can anyone please tell me how did it end? what happened after irene moved out of joshua's house? did maggie and teddy marry?

• 2 months later...
Guest valenti

this is one of the best korean dramas i have watched. i like the pacing of the story in this drama and of course the good casts. you could really feel the emotion when you watched this and of course, i also like the ending.

Archived