Miss Universe 2008 Is Venezuela!

Guest GoRgYnA

Guest smiile

so sad kosovo didnt make a place, but she did very well....

and MEXICO 4th runner up? D: she deserves better.

columbia is beautiful.... venezuela.... i dont know... but congratulations.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kOoHII

^ mexico definetely deserved better.

i feel really bad for miss korea. after making a great hype about training with ines, after her parents (probably) paid big bucks for the training, and after ines claimed it wouldn't be a surprise if she won the pageant....miss korea didn't even place. i would be crying if i were her...but the not so human side of me is glad she didn't place. it seemed as if she was trying so hard to conform to a certain image that we couldn't see the real her. she tried really hard to impress when she should have just stuck with "her"...that's what honey did and that's why everyone loved honey.

on another note...i'm glad thailand won the national costume award! i loved her kick butt costume and the way she presented it. :P

Guest Sonatina

I thought Mexico would be placed higher! but nevertheless, congrats to Miss Venezuela.

Anyone got pics of Riyo Mori in her stunning tuxedo? :]

Guest GoRgYnA

I thought Mexico would be placed higher! but nevertheless, congrats to Miss Venezuela.

Anyone got pics of Riyo Mori in her stunning tuxedo? :]

riyo001aaqj1.jpg

uniriyoyslan6tb8.jpg

Guest blissfully_unaware13x

congrats to venezuela--she's gorgeous!

wow last year's japanese miss universe is really gorgeous too!

Guest fishyilu

I liked Kosovo! I thought her evening gown made her look like a wrapped up chocolate, and her lips remind me of Angelina Jolie, lol. Miss Korea's traditional clothes, I didn't like D: I was expecting those pretty long, girly, rainbowy, hanbok, but nuu. I was so hoping for Korea to at least make it to Top15. But when Australia got through and Korea didn't I was all : DDDDb At least Australia got through and I was so happy that she was wearing something ok, unlike last year :sweatingbullets:

The singer; Lady Gaga? Her attire reminded me of Suh InYeong. ^_^ Spain's dress was pretty, so was Columbia's, Russia's and Italy's. Venezuela had a pretty dress too. USA's fall ... lol. Sorry, but lol.

And I was so ugh! when they kept saying 'hi vietnam' cuz, they don't have time to say that yanoee? But omg, the final questions reminded me of that girl with her map question. :L I thought Venezuela was really smart, she sounded smart ^^

Riyo Mori. She's so pretty but her english was so damn lalsworty ^^ But she's really pretty.

Guest monkeyboy

Riyo looks so good in the tux..so different and fasion-forward not the typical pageant girl...LOVE IT!! i think that the Robin Thicke song during the evening gown sounds so vietnamese but it was actually the original song by him..hmm

Guest StupidGurl

i watched this! ^^

riyo's pretty. i thought her outfit was freaking awesome.

and it was pretty funny how miss usa fell twice. XD im sorry, but at least she maintained her smile[;

lols. she started clapping after too.

venezuela looks pretty[; she was smart sounding.

but i wanted mexico to place higher =O

Guest hotmonkey

when Riyo Mori gave her final walk ... I can truly said that that was the 1st time ever that i really like her ... her outfit was awesome and she breaks all rule of being a beauty queen ... she empowered women .. i felt everywhere with her tux instead of a gown

she looks great too

Guest J-BYUL.

A little late but congrats to Miss Venezuela! :D Although, her makeup bothered me a bit & couldn't stop staring at her eyeshadow, lol. :x

Kosovo was my personal favorite of the night. She looked gorgeous in the evening gown competition.

Guest hotmonkey

what i don't get is why some people blame the viet judge for India and Thailand and Korea non placement in the top 15 ?????

because clearly the viet judge Loves India .... she was always in the top 5 of all the little competition when there was mostly viet judges

Miss india was in the top 5 best in ao dai competition, she was also in the top 5 of best in swim suits ( even when her body is not good) and she is also top 10 best in national costume

also politic wise India and Vietnam are friends/allies :)

viet judge also like thailand too not so much like india but when there was mostly viet judges ... thailand was in the top 5 best in ao dai

politic wise ... vietnam are neutral with thailand

as for miss korea ... well i think she turns the judges off from the beginning ....

politic wise Korea did invest a lot of $$$ into vietnam

with all of these reasons ... if it was up to the viet judges alone ... all of these girls would have made it .... however there were so few viet judges at the preliminary that the non viet judges probably did not like these girls and gave them low score !!!!

even when there was mostly viet judges .... miss vietnam did not place in top 5/ 10 of all the mini competition like miss india ... clearly shown that the viet judges are not bias :D

Guest PetitePrincesseMai

Omg anyone has Miss Vietnam in swimsuit on the stage? Damn she was SOOO HOT when she was walking on the stage in her swimsuit ><

OMG I love Riyo Mori *O* but no offence this year's Miss Japan (Hiroko Mima) looked like a black girl >_>

hehehe Look at her uwaah *O* I'm so proud cuz oftenly the Miss Vietnam that competes in the famous pageants that I've seen so far were.. bleh ;_; Well I love Nguyen Thuy Lam!!!!

LamThuyNguyen.jpg

If anyone has more pics of her like this PLEASE GIVE ;__; omg I thought she was SOO HOT ON THIS PIC

NguyenThuy.jpg

Guest Xylish

Anyone have pics of Thuy Lam in the evening gown? Apparently, she got a new dress cause I saw part of her in the intro to the EG section. It was white and flowy with alot diamonds and sorts on the top. Couldn't really get a good look though.

Guest XTINE__

Overall, I thought Vietnam could've done better with her walk. BUt i LOVELOVELOVED Venezuela's answer.. such a smart cookie. This year was the one year I really liked both of the top two girls. But I so thought Mexico would get it for some reason, I donno.... anywho, I would've liked to see more of their trip to the orphanage during the program.

oh yes, and Riyo looked absolutely smooookin' in that tuxedo!! sooo gorgeous!!

Guest fullyacceptingofthis

hehehe Look at her uwaah *O* I'm so proud cuz oftenly the Miss Vietnam that competes in the famous pageants that I've seen so far were.. bleh ;_; Well I love Nguyen Thuy Lam!!!!

I found this ad featuring various viet beauty queens, I think they're all pretty hot :) though often I agree many of the girls that compete in viet beauty pageants are :tears:

and I saw some pics of some of the contestants after the show...man korea looked really sad. people said she didn't want to sign autographs at first but eventually did :( she wore sunglasses too. obviously she tried so hard and thought she'd get it but didn't even place. you know what, they had all of the contestants of this year's new miss korea contest come to vietnam to watch, greet and support her too! so it must've been even worse

Guest Xylish

Oooh, found one hehe

he1.jpg

I knew she changed her dress. :) I would've love to see her in the EG and watch her work it out along with Korea.

Archived