Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest GoRgYnA

Miss Universe 2008 Is Venezuela!

Guest jincx

i like thailand's traditional outfit...it's very nice...

Guest babyySOUL

thailand, china and korea look pretty (:

Guest xwinnietrann_

uhmmm...

vietnam (really pretty! not biased just because i'm vietnamese)

czech republic

japan

slovak rep.

greece

china

^ is that too much? LOL

Guest Atmosphere.

wow seriously miss china is so beautiful and pretty! she looks like korean though, maybe it's just that picture o.o;; and czech republican, she reminds me of anne hathaway, their smiles look the same don't you think? ^^;; wow greece looks adorable! but for some reason she reminds me of celine dion ^^ that's cool i guess, i think the facial expression and the chin^^ is it me or miss korea looks freaky in those thumbnail small images =__=;; miss japan doesnt look too pretty in my opinion @_@;;

i guess i am going to vote for miss china!! it's about time they win ^_^ or czech republican!! she looks like a powerful miss universe to me ^__^;; or greece!! ^__^

Guest superjenny

My top.. 7?

- China (she's so cute!)

- Estonia

- Egypt

- Korea!

- Phillipines

- Slovak Rep.

- United Kingdom

Guest lillazygirlz

damn miss mehicos fine.

Guest ganners

Do you guys think this is unfair?

I wouldn't be surprised if any of the three will win.

Being Venezuelan I can tell you is well known, for us at least, that Osmel Sousa [Miss Venezuela organizer] and Miss Venezuela Organization HAD [not sure about the present due to politics differences] a "friendly" relationship with the Miss Universe Organization, so that kind of favoritism that everyone is talking about is not made up :X However, I don't think those pictures shouldn't be something to be worried about.

Last year Venezuela was in the final 3, but it hasn't been present lately... sometimes not even being picked into the first 20/15 finalists. So I don't know if the semi "mafia" is still there, but I'm sure there was something fishy about it.

However, I won't deny our delegates are always stunning and, most of the times, one of the favorites of the viewers. So, I don't think it's unfair if any of those three win.

I think Miss Universe has always had their elite groups and some countries are working hard to get into it, like Japan for instance.

Sooooooo, I don't think it comes down to these girls. Let's hope it will be a fair competition (:

ps: Sorry for my poor english ♥

Guest ShortaznGirl

i thought this was supposed to air on the 14?? so did i miss something? what is the new air time now?

and dang miss vietnam looks different without her makeup in that picture on page 3. but i will still root for her. and is kosovo still competing?

Guest hotmonkey

^^ i actually think miss vietnam looks better with little to no makeup

miss vietnam with little to no makeup ... but i think she has a little on ...

thuylam25.jpg

thuylam23.jpg

i think i like miss vietnam better now ... yes i am bias :lol:

Guest GoRgYnA

Being Venezuelan I can tell you is well known, for us at least, that Osmel Sousa [Miss Venezuela organizer] and Miss Venezuela Organization HAD [not sure about the present due to politics differences] a "friendly" relationship with the Miss Universe Organization, so that kind of favoritism that everyone is talking about is not made up :X However, I don't think those pictures shouldn't be something to be worried about.

Last year Venezuela was in the final 3, but it hasn't been present lately... sometimes not even being picked into the first 20/15 finalists. So I don't know if the semi "mafia" is still there, but I'm sure there was something fishy about it.

However, I won't deny our delegates are always stunning and, most of the times, one of the favorites of the viewers. So, I don't think it's unfair if any of those three win.

I think Miss Universe has always had their elite groups and some countries are working hard to get into it, like Japan for instance.

Sooooooo, I don't think it comes down to these girls. Let's hope it will be a fair competition (:

ps: Sorry for my poor english ♥

your english is really good :) and i agree with you on most parts actually. all the miss venezuela's were awesome, except for (no offense) jictadz vina lol, that year they had alexandra braun, marianne puglia and jictadz won -_- hehe.

there are actually "rumours" that venezuela would never win again because of alicia machado (who trump hated) and because of hugo chavez, who hates america, and trump hates people who hates america -_-.

i thought this was supposed to air on the 14?? so did i miss something? what is the new air time now?

and dang miss vietnam looks different without her makeup in that picture on page 3. but i will still root for her. and is kosovo still competing?

July 13, 9 PM NBC New York Time. July 14, 9 AM in Vietnam. That's the show.

Guest swtamy83

My opinion on the ao dais:

The white one is very ugly. I think they could've display the white color in a much better way.

The red one looks like it's for a wedding ceremony. I think it's too fancy but it's still pretty...

I like the black one the most. The colors and design really fit with a night party.

For the national costume, I wish that they could've used the color white instead. Mostly because, white is a symbolic color for Viet girls.

Can't wait to see all of the other contestants' national costumes!

Guest ShortaznGirl

ooh thank you now i understand why i was confused, it was because i thought it was june not july.

i am trying not to be biased and like miss vietnam just cuz i am vietnamese but she is pretty cute.

i think the ao dai should be more extravagant since all the other countries aren't just wearing a basic outfit but a more extravagant one.

Guest beautylicious87

china and dominican republic look pretty~~

and korea is ok too~~

all the others look sick to me~~

Guest stayfreemymisery__`

Egypt + Ukraine

(:

Guest lovesaffinity

i knew that picture of Kosovo looked familiar!

shes a model for Sherri Hill dresses!

pocket-dress-green.jpg.jpg

Guest GoRgYnA

Arrivals

arrivals1MU.jpg

images1572892_DSCF8849.jpg

Russia (looks so much better than I expected), Ukraine, Guam

img-1049007cbef.jpg

The girl in white is Miss USA, Girl in black is El Salvador, Blonde girl is Miss Hungary. Girl in red is Miss Peru.

11062662thuylamusaua8.jpg

Vietnam, USA

Arriving later in the day

ingrid-a-vietnam-jrm-05.jpg

I can't wait for PR to arrive. She's one of this year's front-runners. Look at all her luggage O_O

dome1he5.png

Ecuador

dscn1561oi5.jpg

Croatia

25830183220433c1d9f9opl6.jpg

Brazil

dsc00160pw5.jpg

Dominican Republic

by-YPI-02.jpgGoes-to-Universe-01.jpg

Indonesia has already arrived, but no pics of her from Vietnam yet.

Guest hotmonkey

Russia is such a let down lol i thought she would be prettier ... and miss vietnam is so much prettier than i expected :lol:

Guest GoRgYnA

Russia is such a let down lol i thought she would be prettier ... and miss vietnam is so much prettier than i expected :lol:

really, i thought russia wouldn't be as pretty lol, especially her teeth, but she's really refreshing... just give her a day lol, she just came from a very long flight. well most of them did haha

Guest EGLx

my friends sister is ms. columbia, so her all the way!