Wearing Only One Earring

Guest ohemffgee

Guest ohemffgee

for girls
i've seen some guys wear only one earring leaving the other alone. which looks normal

how about girls who only wear one earring instead of two.

and no i do not mean when you lose one.

i've asked some people i knwo and some say its weird whilst others think its nice.

so wat you think

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mz_imperfect

Haha I've done it before... I just went to school with one earring because I could only find one and it matched, so I was like screw it. But I don't know... It's kind of like wearing one on the helix on one ear and not having on the other... or at least that's how I view it. It's just not that common.

Guest Milk*

It depends. I think it's cute when girls wear one long (big) earring and a little stud on the other looks quite nice. Especially those who have short hair. Sometimes two big earrings on both sides is a little bit too much.

Guest ibabbo

I'm actually someone who does this. Just for the sake of being different. =)

On one side I'll have just one earring or sometimes, one long dangling on one ear and small hoops/studs on the other.

Guest blurr

mm. i like cuff earrings and such on one side only; cos if you do it on two sides it looks overdone. i dont mind the single earring thing on girls ^^. as long as the earring is not too long or too big x__o" theres this girl @ my school who wears one earring to school like that - i think she gave the other (since it was initially from a pair) to someone else. it looks massive on her and she loves to swing her head around so the earring dangles back and forth, looks funny -ahem- >>" so yeah (=

Guest fionarhz

yeah im guilty of only wearing one earring, ahh theres no particular reason why i do it, i just do lol

Guest lovexfionah

its normal to me.

i got pretty sensitive ears too, and they tend to close fast if i don't have them in for awhile. so i put one in and take turns in changing it from one ear to another

Guest ilolatyou

my left earhole closed cuz i was dumb enough to take out the stud after piercing.

but i had my right earhole left! heh now i'm wearring a cross earring

oh well anyway im more of a tomboy style. :w00t:

I think it's weird. A few years back I think there was this one earring trend and my sister got me one of those. I never wear cos it's just not my style. There's also this friend of mine who has only one ear pierced so when she wears earring, it just doesn't look right to me.

Guest Malice_Kaiser

I don't think it's weird, I just think having both ears pierced is prettier.

What looks nice is having one ear single pierced and the other double pierced, as opposed to one single-pierced and one not pierced at all.

Guest M i l k C o o k i e

it think its pretty cutee..

Rainie yang wears only one and there belly rings.

i;ve never seen anyone do that except her.

Guest drgnclwk

if a girl is wearing only one earing I think it usually looks fine if it's not on the lobe. if it's on just one lobe maybe something small and elegant? just not one giant hoop/big dangly piece/etc. well, dunno usually only see guys wearing just one earing on the lobe ^_^

Guest Lilaaa

imo, the ones that do are just tryna make a "statement" and be unique but it comes off as looking foolish.

the same as wearing one colored contact -_-"

Guest chocopocky

Only if you can pull it off is all I can say.

Some kids try too hard.

EDIT: NO, I am not hating. It's true, some kids just can't pull it off and end up looking bad. I've done it before and it just doesn't look right on me. That's it, don't be all defensive.

Guest .moony.

uh its not that to pull it off either. o_O its just earrings not like some big weird clothes.

some people who dont do it (above posts) are just hating people who do it for some reason. It doesnt affect you and it doesnt look OMGFREAKY either so I dont know what's the problem.

Anyway I think the trend started after Rainie Yang and some Taiwanese artists wore one earring instead of two. With the nice earrings everyone looks cute. With ugly earrings even if you wear them both on 2 lobes they look ugly.

I don't like wearing just one earring, it feels not balanced, and that ear has no earring looks boring and empty. LOL.

If the earring doesn't come in a pair (e.g: the Rainie earring),

I usually wear a simple stud on the other side, so that it doesn't feel like what I said above, and it doesn't outshine the other earring

Guest Lilaaa

uh its not that to pull it off either. o_O its just earrings not like some big weird clothes.

some people who dont do it (above posts) are just hating people who do it for some reason. It doesnt affect you and it doesnt look OMGFREAKY either so I dont know what's the problem.

Anyway I think the trend started after Rainie Yang and some Taiwanese artists wore one earring instead of two. With the nice earrings everyone looks cute. With ugly earrings even if you wear them both on 2 lobes they look ugly.

not particularly. i'm not hating at all, i just think its ugly.

Guest 보석미남

I wear different studs on each ear e.g. the cute korean earrings :P :x

Sometimes when I'm feeling lazy, I'll only wear my tragus stud (on my right ear only)..so I guess it's considered one side? :)

Archived